Why did No Game No Life stop?

It was such a good show, does anyone know why it stopped?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=39226
youtu.be/PAIfIFV9A4E?t=1m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZOPlZTAPDs
dic.nicovideo.jp/a/サラマンダーより、ずっとはやい!!
youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7KXX_pwzw#t=7m21s)
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-25/clockwork-planet-novels-co-written-by-no-game-no-life-author-get-anime/.96921
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-01-18/.97673
youtube.com/watch?v=kFByZt2YdYA
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/11/17/a-place-further-than-the-universe-journeys-to-crunchyroll-in-january
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_icebreaker_Shirase_(AGB-5003)
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-26/a-place-further-than-the-universe-original-anime-gets-manga/.124506
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It got a movie.

The autor is brazilian, no body want a gaijin anime.

>such a good show
Yeah nah. I only liked it for the loli tha'ts it.

oh damn you're right. How did he ever get an anime?

>us ironic weebs right

Google "why do anime end without conclusions."

Not him but good idea.

>It was such a good show, does anyone know why it stopped?
For one thing, the anime series was by Madhouse which at that time was known for only doing one series. It was known for sticking to its guns even if the show was popular, so if a season was to have multiple cour, then that had to be negotiated up front. For example, Card Captor Sakura was "one season" even though it had multiple cours and many episodes across a two year chronological time period.

As for delays in the story, the author had leukemia and additional complications from that disease.

O V E R L O R D S 2

The movie made $7 million so far in Japland only, season 2 is basically guaranteed.

It's been many years since Madhouse had their policy. There have been very few exceptions, so until more changes occur, it is difficult to say if Madhouse has finally changed its policy of one season. But it's good that Overlord 2 is occurring 3 years later. 3 years is the standard max time limit for right of first refusal on standard TV contracts. So that might have something to do with it if a marketing firm had made a deal with Madhouse and MadBox's owner.

MadHouse is unlike a lot of japanese anime production houses in that it is owned by a media network. Thus, Madhouse and MadBox already have lots of work from its parent. Perhaps another reason why Madhouse might be changing and accepting all work instead of declining is because the chinese animation companies are moving in and taking over. One recent past anime cour season had three separate major anime shows owned and produced by the chinese. That's quite a bit and there will probably be more to come.

Because it sucked

At the time it aired, opinion on Sup Forums was overwhelmingly positive for the show. As usual, there were the persistent trolls though. What aggravated the problem was when some people didn't understand the game logic in various games. They got mocked by other Sup Forums posters. After the mocking, several of those mocked people changed their viewpoint on the show and suddenly began to post flaming hate about the show. Even six months after the show aired, one lone hateposter would occasionally start up a hate thread against NGNL.

CCS was funded with tax payer's money. At least pretend to know what you're talking about if you're going to cite some shitty eceleb

So why do people dislike Clockwork Planet then?

Art is bad

What do you mean?

>At the time it aired, opinion on Sup Forums was overwhelmingly positive for the show

Anime QUALITY

Because is was uninspired, lazily made adaptation by Xebec. Ngnl author doesn't make illustration for CP LN.

Art is bad? I liked clockwork planet. The authors wife made that show.

Not him but he's telling the truth.
You fags just don't want to acknowledge the fact that you enjoyed the shit out of it. Same with kill la kill

It was positive until shitposters started their campaign with constant falseflagging, shitting on everything and reminding leddit likes it.
Funniest thing was Nngl was mostly forgotten few months later and their work was for nothing.

I'm talking about the quality of the anime. The regular manga and novel art is good. Not the anime though

True, but madhouse is owned by multiple company's. Under those is sony.

If rewriting history in your head makes you feel better, be my guest. It just seems more graceful to me to accept that you're in the minority.

Wrong. CP is written by Yuu Kamiya and Tsubaki Himana, Kamiya's wife is Mashiro Hiiragi

Ah... Just in case, the wife of NGNL. Made clockwork planet
(typed it wrong)

it was absolute dogshit
everything just ended with them being geniuses, nothing cleaver ever happened in it. A 10 year old could come up with those storylines and "games".

Nvm then..

I was absolutely great comedy with wacky hijings and ruse cruise. If you treated it seriously for any moment you are retarded.

You got badasses.
Smartasses.
And OP asses.
And just assholes.

>everyone who doesn't like a show is a shitposter or a falseflagger
go back to your Boruto and DBS threads

well it wasn't funny so i had to focus on something else

Suit yourself

And the author of NGNL just fucked it up.
He even got his ass saved by the creators of RE:creators.

Easy to spot butthurt shitposter who reacts with typical greentext with imaginary arguments.
Where does "everyone" appear in post you cite?

>And the author of NGNL just fucked it up.
How?
>He even got his ass saved by the creators of RE:creators.
What?

Planetes was made with tax payer money. At least pretend to know what you're talking about if you're going to cite some shitty eceleb

Heard rumors that the author of NGNL. Was doing tax evasions. Or something like that.

>"games"
You must be salty because you lost

Nice. Repeating something is almost inherently reddit.

It was Log Horizon who had problem with taxes, Kamiya had leukemia.
What is that about Hiroe and Aoki?

No Game No Life NGNL - forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=39226

The game references at the end of each episode:
EP01: Final Fantasy (Zidane Tribal says it)
EP02: El Shaddai youtu.be/PAIfIFV9A4E?t=1m3s
EP03: Takeshi's Challenge
EP04: Dragon Quest 1 (it's the quote when you stay at the inn)
EP05: Dragon Quest, youtube.com/watch?v=-ZOPlZTAPDs
EP06: NPC response in Skyrim
EP07: Civilization IV
EP08: ICO
EP09: Bahamut Lagoon (SNES RPG) dic.nicovideo.jp/a/サラマンダーより、ずっとはやい!!
EP10: Final Fantasy Tactics (Agrias Oaks http preview{D0T}alturl{D0T}com/rh2ew)
EP11: Final Fantasy 4 (said by two chars in battle vs Zemus)
EP12: "Let the games begin" is an idiom and refers to no specific game

Anime or game homages in the anime:
EP01: JoJo(Sora while falling)
EP02: Jojo(Wrrrry), Doraemon(bath scene), Elfen Lied ads(bloody Steph)
EP03: Ace Attorney, JoJo, Professor Layton(carriage driver)
EP04: Ace Attorney
EP05: Laputa:Castle in the Sky, 2ch(shiro talking about servers)
EP06: ? ? ?
EP07: Nausicaa, Zetsubou-Sensai, Mirai Nikki, Doraemon, Neon Genesis Evangelion
EP08: JoJo(King Crimson), Hyouka(Jibril), Detective Conan(Shiro), Yu-Gi-Oh(Shiro)
EP09: ? ? ?
EP10: Professor Layton(carriage driver)
EP11: Legend of the Galactic Heroes(ships firing), Persona 4, Stein's Gate, Akiba's Trip, Gal Gun, Fate/StayNight(youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7KXX_pwzw#t=7m21s)
EP12: ? ? ?

Endcards:
A endcard game reference is for Final Fantasy 4 battle where two characters say that line (>もう一息じゃ、パワーをメテオに) when defeating Zemus using W Meteor. LoGH reference is when the spaceships are shooting. Sora mentions Persona 4, Stein's Gate, and Akiba's Trip. Gal*Gun is a game where you shoot at girls running towards you. At approx 17 minutes 40 seconds, Jibril asks Sora "You don't mind if I defeat her, do you?" in a different voice; this is in homage to what Archer said in Fate/Stay Night.

*Log Horizon's author

Searched it up. And..

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-25/clockwork-planet-novels-co-written-by-no-game-no-life-author-get-anime/.96921

>You must be salty because you lost
That person has some sort of unhealthy obsessive personality disorder. Some people need something to hate, and in that person's case, they fixated on NGNL.

Anyways, I think the director did a great job with NGNL in preserving the nuances of the clever game play as well as the use of the color palette.

ITS SHIT

And how does it contradict anything I said?

There wasn't enough content for a second season, and after the first season ended the author had some health issues, if I remember right, so the following volumes were delayed.
The movie was probably to gauge interest, and it seems to have done well, but whether or not they intend to continue with a second season is anyone's guess.

Very intelligent reply.

>It was such a good show
My favorite part of NGNL was the chess game! It reminded me of the bold chess game moves in the famous Code Geass chess game.....

A few people didn't understand Code Geass chess either and complained a lot about it. When people tried to explain why the chess game went the way it did, those viewers got angry and started posting hate in the Code Geass threads.

I think it's a bit more unhealthy to assume someone who makes a single negative post is obsessed. The only way you could think this is if you yourself are obsessed with loving it and view people who dislike it as just as messed up as you are.

man, you have a high enough IQ to understand Rick & Morty

This meme needs to die.

Agreed.

But it just got got a movie.

Also Konomin was at an AIDS awareness concert the other day and she wore Shiro cosplay.

>The movie made $7 million so far in Japland only, season 2 is basically guaranteed.
It still needs merchandise makers to get on board. Anime series can't count on getting made solely due to mild popularity. Without license buyers and royalty rate commitments from merchandise makers lined up ahead of time, the opportunity cost is too high. Some other anime show that yields greater profit will then take over the anime time slot.

Ishizuka is literally the best director in Japan when it comes to color. I love her style, and I wish she was interested in doing something of her own instead of just adapting other people's work for the rest of her life.

>such a good show
kek

How long til the movie BDs are out?

My bad I meant the artist of NGNL.

Some people rather work for others. user. Respect is the only thing that comes 2 my mind then.

It's still frustrating to see her talent confined to glorified ads that aren't really allowed to have a satisfying ending.

That... is also true.

>does anyone know why it stopped?

For the same reason why like 90% of anime just seemingly stop and end without a proper conclusion, because it's an adaptation of a currently still ongoing LN/manga.

>But user, you ask, why do unfinished manga/LN get adapted to anime? Why not wait until the source material is completed?

Read this: animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-01-18/.97673

agreed, i just had to use it there

IZUNA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Shino and Mashiro Hiiragi are separate people

They ran out of purple ink.

I like NGNL fans. They always seem very knowledgeable.

>Unironicly the anime is about 2 smartasses.

>A few people didn't understand Code Geass chess either

Maybe some viewers can't remember details before they started posting. They simply thought Shiro can't escape check before she can go for the other king.

It was a great game within the competitive rules of Tet's World. Up to that time, Jibril was well-treated by Blank and retained everything just as if she had won. This treatment was key as to why she willingly helped [Blank] instead of doing the bare minimum as a surly slave.
As for games in TET's world, a player _MUST_ be caught cheating to be declared a cheater. That is why cheating is possible and occurs in games. Jibril REFUSED to call Shiro a cheater. Therefore, Shiro's illegal move remained on the board.

Earlier, Jibril asked Shiro to let Jibril win. Jibril moved and announced a diagonal "Check" of the King on the 2nd row. Shiro then moves the king to the back row. Jibril then moved her queen to the back row to attack the King but did NOT announce "Check". Jibril made her queen vulnerable expecting Shiro wouldn't do "Kn x Q!!" which would be devastating. Shiro now retorts Sora is real and that Blank does not lose. Shiro moved her knight to put Jibril's King in check while ignoring Jibril's queen which technically has her King in check.

Some viewers misunderstood what occurred due to lack of spoonfeeding, but loyal Jibril does NOT claim a rules violation NOR does she claim that earlier check on Shiro's king. Breaking rules is cheating, but you lose ONLY if you are caught, and Jibril clearly refuses to catch Shiro.

Very nice use of TET's rules.

This character development moment for Jibril proves the value of not demeaning Jibril as a slave property. In return, Jibril willingly exercises free will to the benefit of Shiro (and Sora).

This is quite sublime writing. I'm pleased to see this kind of screenplay writing where the writer and director gambles on the intelligence of the japanese audience to pick up on these things.

>They always seem very knowledgeable.
It would be harder to be a fan of NGNL if they couldn't understand what bluffing in a game is all about.

It might also be that she doesn't go out and hustle up producer contracts or new work. Some directors do both of those things that are heavily into the business side of things. If she is strictly an artist type director, then that can explain why her roles are limited to certain projects.

I think she just doesn't care. She's a graphic designer who got into the business by being really good at animated music videos. Story is not her passion.

>rewriting history

Yea, just like how Sup Forums totally didn’t like Code Geass, TTGL, and Katawa Shoujo, right? Fuck off with your revisionist bullshit

Shiro is cute.

Are you living under a rock?! Ishizuka has literally an ORIGINAL anime (with screenplay by Jukki Hanada) coming next season!
youtube.com/watch?v=kFByZt2YdYA

Wait, what? Why haven't there been threads? Fuck me, next season has so much shit I want to watch.

My nip is poor, but basically it's a pair of childhood friends on a journey to Antarctica? Why is the one so hype about this ship? Did they buy it or something?

Every week was brighter when I could look forward to steph bullying

>with screenplay by Jukki Hanada
is that good?

Here is a synopsis and character portrait:
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/11/17/a-place-further-than-the-universe-journeys-to-crunchyroll-in-january

And the ship, it's a real ship!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_icebreaker_Shirase_(AGB-5003)

>selfie stick

Genuinely not sure how the fuck this is an entire show

It will also be adapted into a manga.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-26/a-place-further-than-the-universe-original-anime-gets-manga/.124506

I'm fucking excited to see how Ishizuka uses the Aurora Australis

It's not "why did it stop?" it's "why would it have kept going?"
The anime industry isn't like western television, where the status quo is for shows to be picked up for additional seasons if they perform well. With the rare exception of long-running shonen or kids shows, anime is handled season by season. The general assumption is an anime will finish its ~12 or ~24 episode run and then be done. After that, additional "seasons" are treated as their own projects which need their own reason to exist.
So its not as if NGNL got cancelled or anything, but rather the circumstances weren't right to put together a new anime project. It did get a movie however.

It's so irrelevant even the light novel translations died.

Is it?

LN translations died because it got picked up by a real translator, who only just caught up to where they were. Infuriating.

It’s sponsored and getting help by gov and research groups.
Maybe they’re using to justify sending more jap ic breakers to Antarctica.

he only draws that shit, the writer is full japanese.

MOVIE BDS WHEN

Omega Good Job!

>MOVIE BDS WHEN
Hopefully the NGNL Zero movie BD will have a commentary track. If it does, then I'll buy it. All too few skip commentary tracks. I almost wish for the old days when Pioneer / Geneon was still around as their DVD often had commentary tracks. I would buy those.

>Because is was uninspired, lazily made adaptation by Xebec
How can you say that? The style was spot on. They couldn't have made it that much better