What are your signifiers in the anime industry? Studios, producers, animators...

What are your signifiers in the anime industry? Studios, producers, animators, directors or even writers that are worth looking for and into? Not saying that their results must be always great, but that their stuff is always at the very least interesting in some way.

Pic related is one of the basic ones.

I like studios with actual themes to them and not just "we animate manga and LNs"

Gainax, Bones, Shaft, KyoAni, Madhouse, Gonzo they may not be the best but they definitely are more interesting then the usual

Do you like Gainax as it is right now? After Panty and Stocking there has been nothing that could be considered redeemable about them. Also, Madhouse has a pretty elusive "theme", they can go from things like Texhnolyze to Kaiji to Yuasa's works to Chihayafuru.

One of the greatest by your standard is Nippon Animation, one of the favorites of everyone even if they don't know it.

Forgot to say "early Gainax"

Almost everyone involved in pic related is in some way or another a pavestone for the rest of the medium. It's pretty good to go back to some of their works.

What are my WHAT?

>expecting me to recognize some Chinese guy
Who is that, your greengrocer?

People or groups of significance in anime to you, worthy of your research.

He's Masao Murayama, the founder of MAPPA and cofounder of MADHOUSE. He's pretty much responsible of boosting most of what is interesting in early 2000s anime.

As an aside, I really like Hiroshi Nagahama,
his short directing career has been quite varied even though he only has worked adaptations so far, doing projects as disparate as Mushishi, Detroit Metal City or Aku no Hana to nigh perfection.

You seem pretty misled about how much influence a producer has on the overall product.
Also, Nagahama's most recent show was genuinely terrible.

To boost is not to create though. However, you will agree that Maruyama was behind of much of what was interesting in the early 2000s, even though it involved many different directors, source material and styles, no?

Why did you think Zoku Shou was bad though?

Yeah, he was tangentially involved in some good stuff, but more on the business than creative side. I'm not particularly impressed by a lot of the things he produced either. In fact,a lot of Madhouse's output in the early 2000's was fairly poor, like Kobato and Claymore.

Zoku Shou was great, I'm talking about The Reflection.

>After Panty and Stocking there has been nothing that could be considered redeemable about them

Didn't know about that The Reflection was done by him at all, pretty much disregarded the whole thing the second I heard Stan Lee was involved. It has been proven that western superheroes do not mix that well into anime, they just look out of place.

What are your preferences?

He's not wrong.

Most recently 3hz

>What are your preferences?
On what, capeshit? It's been terrible since the early 2000's.

The theme of the thread, I mean

wow Gainax has really gone into the shitter starting in 2007.

Trigger took all the talent.

Yoshitoshi ABe's stuff is always good

Only newfags and neckbeards don't like TTGL and PnS.

Its a shame that none of the stuff they did until now comes close to Gainax on their prime

Only redditors and Sup Forumsermin like PnS and TTGL.

In what is he working right now? Since the Despera debacle he seems to have done nothing at all in animation. Also, what is his specific role in the series he's in? He clearly outweighs merely being a character designer, judging from that one Texhnolyze interview.

Why diss PnS? It's good old fun.

Only newfags think that TTGL and PnS are reddit.

It's like they went out of their way to make the show as obnoxiously loud and disgusting as possible.

Only Sup Forumsermin and redditors think that liking TTGL and PnS is acceptable on Sup Forums.
Shall we go on with unsubstantiated claims, or are you going to be like the rest of the imaishitters and throw a fit of autistic rage?

I met Masao one month ago. He is pretty smol.

Like I care about what some faggot deems acceptable to like.
Well, they were trying to imitate western cartoons.

As expected from imaishitters.

Every single time Gainax gets mentioned this shit happens. Who happens to be your favourite member of early Gainax?

>Gainax
>Madhouse
>Gonzo
They are pretty much dead nowadays, most of their talented staff went to better studios so they have to rely heavily on freelancers to animate their projects.

Hideaki Anno

Kazuya Tsurumaki

Yeah, they did.
Newfag, kill yourself.

Imaishitters screeching autistically are always a sight to behold. I wonder if they can communicate with each other just like we humans do.

>What are your signifiers
Thanks, I just threw up a little.

>screeching autistically
Where did anyone do that?

Sorry, I mean landmarks.

I don't get this thread.

>people using the word 'signifier' wrong

Just use 'favorite person in the industry'

But you're the only one autistically screeching as soon as someone mentions TTGL or PnS tho

>After Panty and Stocking there has been nothing that could be considered redeemable about them.
You mean after Honneamise
Trigger took all the cancer
Correct
Hiroyuki Yamaga; he directed their only good anime

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit pedobait that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

Think ABe has a cooking manga being published and a TV show he did character designers for that has absolutely removed any hint they were his.

>random attempted rape scene
>tastefully done

Do you believe he'll make that last project?

Don't reply to pasta.

What is this?

Mushi Pro. It's better to look at "who" was in there rather than "what" they did, which is still interesting. The most prominent stylists of the industry almost all became what they were from being pawns in there (Rintaro, Osamu Dezaki, Gisaburo Sugii, large etc)