I entered into the world of anime with high hopes. I thought there was so much possibility...

I entered into the world of anime with high hopes. I thought there was so much possibility, so much untapped potential to tell grand tales. I believed in the medium. But as the years passed, things started to change. The moe trend took the anime by storm, new genres like Isekai, light novel adaptations and slice-of-life emerged and completely dominate the medium today. Otaku changed too. With the advent of seasonal anime, there was a saturation of titles to choose from, but very little time. Many people were turned off by these changes and so anime became less and less profitable. To remedy this, studios instead of trying to win back the audience doubled down on their ways. They overwork their employees and animators, giving unattainable deadlines, slashing budgets and appealing to a very specific audience, the modern Otaku.
The modern Otaku does not care for artistic integrity, originality or depth in his anime. This type of viewer is only concerned with consuming escapist media and flavor of the month fads. He obsesses over his waifus, collects figurines and buys overpriced dvd releases of his favorite Isekai/slice-of-life/moe/light-novel adaptation. Ultimately, he is a mindless consumer that doesn't not know or care that he is destroying the medium he obsesses over.
That's why anime is so infantile, it only appeals to the Otaku crows. it had so much potential, yet decided to sell out in the name of making a profit.
Contrary to what Sup Forums says, stick to entry-level shows. Shows like OPM, Hero ACA , death note and attack on titan are more willing to experiment with new and fresh concepts than the generic moe cute girls doing cute things that Sup Forumsspies praise

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/90977198/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unironeclly I agree.

TL;DR

hes right you know

>otaku crows
I smell a meme.

retweeted

Let's have fun with this hopefully pasta.
>The moe trend took the anime by storm
It was always present mate.
>new genres like Isekai
What, you can find isekai even in japanese mythology, the concept is literally as old as humanity.
>light novel adaptations
LOGH isn't a light novel comment incoming.
>slice-of-life emerged
Out of your ass?
>Otaku changed too
No economy changed, otaku adapted to it.
>With the advent of seasonal anime
Literally every single anime is seasonal mate.
>and so anime became less and less profitable
Again economy changed there is 10% drop in sales but if you take correct for inflation anime is growing.
>They overwork their employees and animators, giving unattainable deadlines, slashing budgets and appealing to a very specific audience, the modern Otaku.
Ok you won I don't feel like bothering writing out the rest. Enjoy the (You).

Al dente!

bump

Bongiorno

Now read that again and replace the words anime and otaku with humanity and person.

Have an updoot

>The moe trend took the anime by storm
Stopped right there. Moe was always a part of anime for decades.

Not before Eva and Sailor Moon it wasn't.

So this is a shitty thread, was Mary and the Witches' Flower any good? Might see it in January.

ahem

Do your research user....

Imagine browsing Sup Forums and being this ignorant

Yay, you have just discovered how Capitalism Ruins Fucking Everything. Congrats! Here’s your gold sticker substitute!

Don't forget there wouldn't even be any neets if we had things like job security and free education. In my parents' generation the only people who didn't have work were gamblers and drug addicts.

Why the fuck are you asking Sup Forums?
Everybody here pirates their shit, quality or not
Go to 2chan or something

The anime industry weeps for the loss of your shitty streaming service subscription.

Hmmm.

There are plenty of good arthouse shows and oldschool otaku shows from the 70's to the 90's can be good too.

>capitalism ruins everything
>without capitalism anime would never exist

Reality Check-the majority of chinese cartoons have always been pandering shit.

The fact is the majority of the shit gets forgotten, the popular stuff gets cemented, and the 'hidden gems' get past around and shared.

for you maybe, I still wouldn't work except I couldn't blame society for being a failure anymore

>Yay, you have just discovered how Capitalism Ruins Fucking Everything. Congrats! Here’s your gold sticker substitute!

Say that the communist animation.

>In soviet russia, animation sips the life out of YOU.

>moe
Always been a thing but whatever. 90s wuz da bes remember cowboy bebop and uh trigun? And and gundam
>isekai
It'll go away, not that that inherently makes something bad.
>LNs
There are plenty of things to adapt and money to be made, so this won't ever go away.
>slice of life
Wow you're so mature. You watched Evangelion and berserk. Good for you.
>so anime became less and less profitable
It's booming right now, though.
>overwork their employees
Maybe, but that's not a problem on my end.
>only concerned with consuming escapist media
Maybe, but this is an escapist medium, like any other.
>destroying the medium by buying stuff to support it
More like he enjoys this and is giving so that he'll get more of it in return. Just because some crusty old guy isn't being pandered to, doesn't mean everyone else isn't.
>sell out in the name of making a profit
WHO'DA THUNK IT
>baby's first anime
Who cares. Plenty of those will still come out for you normalfag retards. Trends with change. It happens in literally every art form. Eat shit.

wa la

Sucks to be you, normie. Also GTFO.

>new genres like light novel adaptations

>Kawaii is the latest fad, and it will fade into the background as the next fad hit in a couple of years.
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

>t. poorfag who can't afford figurines and BD releases
I bet you also steam! Bwahahaha!

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/90977198/

You would be wise to heed my warning. Modern anime is based on an unsustainable model. It relies on riding on the coattails of fads and trends. You people are killing the medium you so religiously defend. There's a reason Anime DVDs are so expensive. It's to cover the increasingly high costs of production in a time where tv viewership is rapidly declining. Don't support samey, copy-pasted flavor of the motnh rubbish, boycott those shows and demand quality. Talk with your wallet and don't let the animation studios cram these bad shows down your throat

Then buy anime that isn't awful, so they'll make more of it.

Ahem.

The problem is when something sticks like 200 clones show up of said show that sold really well and it becomes the thing every creator tries to make and we're stuck in a limbo of 20 shows all being the same pile of garbage because 1 show saw success.

I don't blame them but fuck how do you think shit like One Piece and HxH got going, By being different and original.

Name one single good anime made by an unironic communist, they don't exist

This is why everyone hates moepigs

>cute girls doing cte things
>not entry level normie crap

Look, a normalfag.

Uh oh, you said an unapproved word, prepare to be assaulted by epic oldfags