I read some anons talking about the author is back-pedaling Subaru and Rem's relationship in the LN while shoving...

I read some anons talking about the author is back-pedaling Subaru and Rem's relationship in the LN while shoving Emilia down the readers' throats. WaifuFaggotery aside, what is the rational behind that ?

For anons who have experience writing fiction, do you have any insight on how an author's relationship with a character can change throughout the writing process ?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShipSinking
amazon.co.jp/インフィニット・ストラトス-11-オーバーラップ文庫-弓弦イズル/dp/4865542132/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512259707&sr=8-4&keywords=インフィニット・ストラトス
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hmm..... Let me think about that while I look at that gif.

Perhaps it's so that the audience doesn't get confused as to who the main heroine in the long-run is?

It's called a love triangle, OP. The author is just trying to create some suspense even though it's obvious who's going to win in the end.

The author invested a lot in emilia's story

I feel Subaru enjoys two timing in web novel.
But he feels guilt two timing more in light novel.
The author makes him less trash
sorry my English is bad.

That's too bad. The WN felt like it was pushing towards something original for once with the polygamy stuff. This might just be me being a Remfag but dumbing down the romance with Rem kind of seems contrived in a way.

Does anyone know other instances where the author just said fuck it and purposefully sank a ship ?

Yeah, that. Only autists like Anno think of characters as more than tools

Like I said some accuse Anno of having something personal against Rei but this isn't uncommon
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShipSinking

>what is the rational behind that?

It's Infinite Stratos all over again. Prepare for pain.

Mad respect for the guy. Most other people would have given in to money and do whatever fans tell them to do rather than be himself and do what he earnestly wants.

Author started off with an idea.

As the author wrote, the story started turning away from that idea.

Once the author had traveled down this road enough to realize what was happening, he course-corrected and tried to force the story back to his original idea.

The story suffered because the author felt beholden to an arbitrary idea rather than letting the story develop organically. Readers feel like the story is working against itself and heading towards a direction he has very little lead-up to, because that's exactly what's happening.

It's an all too common occurrence. Lots of authors forget that their initial idea for a story is rarely going to be what it ends up looking like.

What happened with Infinite Stratos ?

Idk man ... Sometimes listening to the fans is not such a bad thing. If the fan are really involved in one character or one plot line, just saying "I don't give a fuck, I'm not changing my plans" is not always very wise decision. Raising the middle finger and screwing over said character or plot-line out of pride is even worse in my opinion

The author had a story in mind, and it's his to write. if you don't like it you can go write some fanfiction.

The author of IS wanted people to like Houki, but no one liked Houki, so he spent a few volumes writing all about how terrible the other girls were in order to make Houki look amazing in comparison.
Everyone began to just resent Houki and hate the author. The series is currently on life support.

>life support
how is that going?

It's going at about 1 volume every 3 years.

damn

amazon.co.jp/インフィニット・ストラトス-11-オーバーラップ文庫-弓弦イズル/dp/4865542132/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512259707&sr=8-4&keywords=インフィニット・ストラトス
1.9 stars.

JUST

That's tragic

Because Emilia is the main heroine, you moron.

Trying to force popularity is just wrong, the author got what he deserved. The same will happen, or rather is already happening to re:zero's author and his fetish waifu Emilia. It's very easy to see what he's trying to do since you can just read his original ideas in the WN.

First girl/ worst girl always wins. This is an unspoken rule among nips.

>Sometimes listening to the fans is not such a bad thing. If the fan are really involved in one character or one plot line, just saying "I don't give a fuck, I'm not changing my plans" is not always very wise decision
Has this ever really happened with romcoms/haremshit?

taking away from other character's won't make her more popular though

I can't fucking wait.

It happened in Konosuba.

I don't think that what he was trying to do, he probably just wanted to tell his story and Rem getting written out was probably part of that.

By this logic Mikoto will win da Toumanb Owl and Rukia would have won Bleach

It seems to me that the changes don't bother people as much as it does with shipperfags/Remfags. At the very least, the accusation of Tappei favoring Emilia comes from no one but Remfags.

has it really

Was Aqua and Kazuma intended to be written into a couple? Because they always felt like a buddy cop duo

that's not the case. Rem being in a coma isn't the problem.

the original WN was a comedy harem clearly not going anywhere romantically while in the LN there is more focus on Megumin as an option

he literally said that he prefers Emilia, you could also just look at his twitter. It would be too perfect if his work gets trashed by shipping fags because of his own waifufaggotry. Too ironic.

You tell me

>It would be too perfect if his work gets trashed by shipping fags because of his own waifufaggotry. Too ironic
If I didn't know any better I'd say you sound like you want this to happen

Author was a pussy for not outright killing Rem

Haven't Kazuma and Megumin started dating in the LN?

I don't know user. I just went check his Twitter and saw more Rem fan arts than those of Emilia.

Of course I do. It's the author's responsibility to make sure people don't get too attracted/attached to a character that gets no happy end.

Yes, point is the LN is the adaptation from a WN that has been deleted when LN started publishing, and in the original story the romance clearly wasn't meant to go anywhere for any girl, so that angle is something that has been changed

why are you lying?

No it isn't. I'm an artist too and the shitstirring negativity he's caused is just as valid a result as any other emotional reaction a piece could create. In fact, the fact a lot of people care this much is a testament to how invested they are in his art.

As an author I wouldn't like my intent being ruined by waifufags.

Are you sure this is about the author and not your personal investment in a character?

I'm glad I never got invested in this. Any series with re: in the title is never going to end well, prove me wrong

Well this is one of the first three images on his Twitter. There are certainly a lot of Rem fan arts there.

a good author knows what type of scenes, development, backstory and character dynamics can do to a reader. Rem was by far the most popular re:zero character before it was even published as a LN.

>Crusch that low
Shit taste chinks

name some that ended horribly

That might've been the point. Art isn't always supposed to be invoke positive feelings and reactions, I think it was on purpose he didn't kill Rem outright.
re:creators

dude I'm not even going to argue with you. He said it in Q&As and you have just scroll down his twitter feed. He's pretty retarded for not even hiding it or perhaps he's baiting.

he should have killed her outright, it's a pussy move.

yes, but the problem here is not in the 'art' itself but in the author's choices.

Certainly some choices are damaging the quality of the story
Case in point pic related, that was a pretty significant scene and personal momente in which Emilia had no busines to be in, and now in the LN she takes at least half of the picture with an angelic aura and the actual subject of the moment is barely noticeable.

ah fuck you for liking other characters, it's Emilia time now.

Can you give me the quotes on what he said in regards to his favoring Emilia?

author is a hack, wtf was he thinking? Was he hoping that people would suck Emilia's dick for being in that scene?

When asked about what team he was on he said team Emilia
Suck her dick user, do it

Are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic?

OP, he is just illustrating how alternate timelines work. For example, I am sure there is a timeline out there that has you becoming gfs with most women ypu can have a romantic relationship with.

The author just chose to show one of them. I mean, the author was goinf for Subaru and Emilia since day one, so why are you complaining.

>he should have killed her outright
Yes.

I'm too lazy to search for them, sorry. I like Rem way more than Emilia but the author is an blatant Emiliafag to the point there it looks like bait. I don't think an author can be biased in a circle of his own characters but I'm not an author so I might be wrong.

I honestly thing its the editor's fault as Taapei's writing changed drastically after money started puring in. Take for example his twitter post where he said that there are people who essensially have him on a leash to keep him from going too far. As well as him toning down scenes of suffering/injustice/scummyness despite being a sadist.

why would he be sarcastic,look at the way they changed shit when going from WN to LN, was that all sarcasm? Fuck no, you know how this shit is going to end.

It can happen but this is probably just a case of rather than an author getting weird about their characters like Anno, this might be spite, this might be his original intentions. Who knows?

Respect him all you want, but authors need to be careful about stuff like this. If they push to hard and alienate their readers they'll end up like Tsuki Tsuki where sales fell through the floor and there have been no new volumes in 4 years.

But you need context though. He said he was team Emilia before and after he was showing off his phone screensaver of Rem to everyone.

>why are you complaining
he went route E, then the story switched to route R and now the author is trying desperately to get on E again even though it's a broken route now

What's an infamous example of an editor ruining a series ?

a fucking screensaver doesn't mean shit, are you being serious user?
He fucked up no doubt, but that's why trying to see him "fix" it is going to be fucking amazing.

>I don't think an author can be biased in a circle of his own characters but I'm not an author so I might be wrong
Authors like anyone has favorites but good ones know better than twist the story in ways that don't work well just to shill the one he likes the most

Well yes. We are talking about the guy who says that he likes to have his favourite characters suffer, and that if Subaru wasnt isekaid he would get married to Rem 1.0 anyways or the imlications of Emilia losing her heroine status in arc 10. Then take into consideration how Tappei said Emilia would not want Subaru as a lover. Arc 4-5 in his q&as.

he's 'fixing' it by breaking route R when most people are on it, what is amazing about it? He's basically telling the fans to fuck off if they don't like his waifu

Sales may tank, author may get death threats, but as one of the three Emiliafags on this board I will enjoy the "forced" ending and laugh as these threads go up in flames.

you should know better by now

I like houki user

Pretty sure this thread is full of falseflagging emifags to be honest.

nobody will give a fuck about the author and his waifu that won because he forced it at that point

see
i'm a remfag, but i am not delusional

I'm an ex-Remfag/Emiliafag. I don't know about other people, but I'm definitely not false flagging.

>what is amazing about it?
I admit schadenfreude can be pleasing

with people who once were fans of you? That's not schadenfreude, that's just stupid

>Emiliafag
>roots for bad writing
well I'm not surprised

no stop, don't blame him because the author does what the author does

>nobody will give a fuck about the author and his waifu that won because he forced it at that point
I remember people saying this about Nisekoi too.

People take what they can get.

it's about looking forward to the author digging his onw grave by running the story into the ground for his waifu, not about the author himself being pleased about it

don't worry user, what you said makes perfect sense

>fans of you
Fans of the author himself or the characters? I do know that most "fans" don't give a shit about what authors think or how they feel.

nisekoi was a different case, there's literally no comparison here

true

>fans of the author or the character
is a there even a difference? The author made the character. If someone likes my work I feel happy and want to keep doing good work. Or am I wrong?

bello horas

Like what happened in Hayate no Gotoku after Hata killed all other ships in the last volume when Nagi and Hayate never had, not even at the end, a romantic relationship or chemistry?

I know how to fix this shit guys, have rem come back, but with no memories, that way all that character development with Subaru won't mean shit anymore, and rather than have Subaru start from zero with her, he will just be too busy doing other shit to getting around to it, and then boom Emilia wins

>Subaru and Emilia get together at the end
who would even give a fuck?
>A teenage boy gets the purity waifubait by having literally unlimited tries to get into her pants
wishfulfillment garbage, that story takes itself way to seriously

Yea, there is a difference. Authors' fans will know to sympathize with them and work towards figuring out reasons for their doings. Meanwhile, characters' fans are quick to jump into conclusions and shit on authors every time they do something against their expectations. This very thread is the example of that.