Did Saber deserve the bullying?

Did Saber deserve the bullying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZviucZt4WnA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She deserved a reality check, but not bullying.

She deserved more

No, Urobuchi deserves bullying for being a hack

Honestly, I understand Iskandar and Gil here, even as I disagree with them, but Lancelot's spiel is fucking incomprehensible. Someone explain to me why he was so pissed at Arturia.

Thats the entire purpose of bullying.

>Kiritsugu treated Saber how she treated Mordred
Pottery

Idiots deserve it.

I think Iskandar's point was weird, but more interesting than Gil's but mind you, neither of these guys grew up with stupid christian values, like sabre.

Somebody should have told the Nips that the beard grows on the throat, too. That always bugs me. As a matter of fact I dislike Rider's design entirely. He's much too muscular. He needs a mustache. That gaijin nose design looks absurd. Just look at him. He looks super cartoony and out of place in this shot.

he even called her his "cute king of knights"

You'll have to watch all the character development episodes related to him that they cut in favor of team Caster action filler and the Rin fanservice episode

Not the only purpose.

Zero did these two so much better than the VN

>Alexander the "Great" criticizing the rulership of anyone

Muh chivalry

Yes.

No, the purpose of bullying is to make people as pathetic if not more pathetic than the person being bullied feel better about themselves.

Yes.

Those are bullies that need to be bullied. I'm guessing you were either bullied yourself or you just don't understand the purpose of alpha figures.

this scene was the best part of the anime. I couldn't believe that memeing aside, the whole point of that scene was to make fun of Saber's dumb ideals and bring her down a notch. Pure bliss!

That and more. After this brutal roasting and the Sir Screamsalot encounter, she STILL doesn't get it.

In his opinion Saber went at it the wrong way, but he knows he wasn't perfect either and recognizes that his empire fell apart almost immediatly. What pisses him off about Saber is that she can't accept her failur and is trying to undo it, which is the biggest insult to the people who lived and died for her.

>Did Saber deserve the bullying?
Yes

>that pic
Reminder that there was an actual game where Sonic became King Arthur and Merlin got genderbent.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZviucZt4WnA

>which is the biggest insult to the people who lived and died for her
Why?

How different would this banquet have gone however, had it been The Lion King instead?

>Trying to make bullies look intelligent

Not really.

Titty Saber would simultaneously berate Iskander and Gilgamesh as powerful idiots and they would both get angry and probably fight her on the spot.

When you support someone with your entire body and soul, and they just give up and turn around the other way after a while, you feel betrayed.

Because she's basically saying "Y'all were idiots for following me."

Saber's problem, which Iskander more-or-less pinpointed, was that she totally lacked the ability to empathize with people. She was the perfect "King", but nigh-inhuman as a result. Which is why she didn't get why Lancelot went batshit when she didn't hate him. Why she never saw Mordred's grabbing for her attention as anything other than an unworthy usurper. Why Gawain came to hate Lancelot to the point of defying her. And she especially cannot conceive of why all of them would happily kneel before her all over again despite it all.

>Being this retarded

Because it's basically her disregarding all their work and sacrifices in her name just because she didn't like how it ended up. For their knights it was just as much their decision to follow her as it was hers to lead them, but nah fuck that I want a redo.

She fires Ron at Iskander is he has the gal to question her.
Gil just sips his wine while laughing since he was only there for the entertainment anyway.

Which spin off is Gawain in? He's my favorite knight.

In the Fate/Zero novel, wasn't it shown that Gil was bullying Saber just for shits and giggles? Right after Rider left, he was basically all "kek just kidding, don't listen to that overgrown ginger, I just like seeing you red and flustered" and Saber getting even more mad after hearing that.

Depends on the bully, but having a negative influence to correct disfunctional behavior is some times appropriate for the individual being bullied. Whether bullies are aware of their role doesn't really matter. Lots of bullies are stupid, but generally they're more emotionally intelligent than those getting bullied. That being that they're more mature socially. Think of it like developped individuals in a population pushing other individuals that are lagging behind to catch up.

Fate/Extra and Fate/Extella.
He gets served.

I thought it was him technically agreeing with Rider but telling Saber to keep it up because he liked seeing her act retarded and embarrass herself

FGO, Extra, Extella

Gil maybe.
Saber no way.

I'm reading his page on the wiki now, and they keep calling him polite, and it's really fucking weird. I'm surprised they missed the way Gawain's uncouth rural manners were supposed to contrast with Lancelot's courtliness.

Gil yes, Saber no.
I like Zero a lot but she's severely misrepresented, and I'm nowhere near a Saberfag.

He's most certainly not polite. He's an ass to all three of your Servants (never played CCC before so I don't know how he acts in that).

But he sucks his Master's metaphorical dick.

Gawain is made for bullying!!

>virgin chuunis can't deal with chad gawain's bants

I see. So it would have ended with The Lion King blowing Iskander to smithereens with Gilgamesh laughing on the side.

>virgin
Ever heard of an imperial orgy

You can have sex and still be a virgin

Keep telling yourself that, Jeanne. God won't judge you just because you had a dick in your bum.

How much will it cost to kill this franchise?

The idea of his character in Fate is that, after all the shit with the Round Table, he dedicated himself to trying to be the "Perfect Knight".

Leave this thread at once, whore of Babylon.

>Captcha: roma road

Please kill it. I'm a fan, but everything good needs to end.

People lose their virginity when they have sex.

Indeed. Just look at Artoria. She was given a magical penis by Merlin and fucked Morgan but she's still technically a virgin.

As long as FGO exists which brings in millions of dollars each month, it will never end.

You have never been bullied and/or are terrible at it. You don't have to do anything to give someone a reality check, let alone put effort into bullying them.

Nasu was the person who told him to do it

This!

>Sakurafag
Of course.

What's wrong with Saber's character in Zero?

She lost her male virginity, she still has her female one which is what the Japs really care about.

Gil definitely.
Saber maybe. Less development but no waifu shit for starters. Alter is not the image to use for that argument

She's pretty much a different character to how she was in Stay Night although personally I don't see the problem here. Zero takes place before Stay Night for starters and Artoria retains her memories of each Grail War she's in.

Does F/GO retcon the whole no memories thing? All the servants sound like they are aware of their other appearances.

Grand Order should be ignored and scoffed at, who cares what that SWINE of a "videogame" does? Hrmph.

I post Alter because it's the perfect end to a tragic character, that she despairs and sees everything she did as foolish. Of course the other ends are fine for her too. Other than the UBW good.
Basically you're right though, simply put in F/SN she develops. In Zero she's ignorant and stubborn and stays that way. Which is fine, but it's a side character treatment.

It's better written than F/SN. It's a low bar, but it's still true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformity
Remember in 4th grade when your classmate called you stupid for picking your nose in public? You were supposed to stop doing that.

>Does F/GO retcon the whole no memories thing?
Yes it does since the Chaldea summoning is "different" to the usual Grail War summoning. In FGO all the Non-FGO original servants remember. For example EMIYA remembers the events of Stay Night, Cu remembers the events of Stay Night.

Yep, along with just about everything else established in Stay Night. Personally, I've decided to ignore all of GOs world and lore building and just regard it as mindlessly fun fanservice like Carnival Phantasm.

Yeah that's fine, but when a kid shits on another kid without a good reason, that's bullying.

Too bad F/GO is the primary canon now.

You don't even have to do mental gymnastics. It's already in a different world from fate like Extra was. And Chaldea is just like the moon cell.

That was already retconned in Zero.
>The earth rumbled and clouds of sand were blown up as Ionian Hetairoi approached -
>Even before such an overwhelming spectacle, the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh did not move in the slightest.
>The only thing dwelling in those red eyes gazing at the magnificence was complete blood-colored joy. It was a feeling beyond the bounds of mundanity, known only to the king who had completely exhausted all the pleasures of this world.
>In truth, Archer was pleased.
>He was tired of how he would be invited till the end of time, repeatedly, to farces that were battles in name only. And now, he had finally obtained an opponent he could recognize as an 'enemy'.

What does FGO retcon exactly?

(You)

The hero in the throne gets information transmitted back to them but only as information, they don't feel as if they actually lived out the battle. Only their copies do.
With Saber and Emiya it's different.

>Gil shits on sabers leadership
>then does the exact thing when he stops using int as a dump stat
defend this

>just regard it as mindlessly fun fanservice like Carnival Phantasm.

Carnival Phantasm wasn't written by Nasu. FGO is written and approved by Nasu.

Nasu was too lazy to consider the implications of how being summoned over and over again would affect Servants, so he made it a rule that they didn't remember past Grail Wars. Except, of course, for a super special reason, because Nasu never made up a rule he didn't break immediately.

IIRC, It was never that the Servants were unaware of being summoned, they just only remembered the details if they read the universes records of their summoning or something. So while they'd have some idea what went down when summoned, they would have no memory of experiencing it.

And here I thought Percival or Bors had the worst luck

>they just only remembered the details if they read the universes records
It omitted a lot of information, naturally, so they wouldn't remember their opponents. If you kept running into the same Servant in a fight, by the 10th grail war you'd know all their tricks right? To make things fair, that kind of thing probably isn't recorded.

How can a man be so autistic about making bullshit rules if he just breaks them at the drop of a hat?

Because when an exception is introduced, it's shocking and surprising and further shows how different the situation is to tradition.
Being autistic, you wouldn't know how to appreciate that, as everything needs to be by the numbers for you.

I never got the impression that Grail Wars were a common occurrence at all in OG Fate, and there are so many legendary heroes the chances you'd run into the same one twice, let alone 10 times, seems absurdly low, so I doubt it mattered how much information they had.

Gil was king by divine right, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

They aren't, but the throne of heroes exists outside of time and space so heroes get summoned to multiple parallel worlds and times.
There are only ever around 5 holy grail wars per world. It usually ends at the 5th because of the events of F/SN.

They're rules made up almost entirely to show how "cool" a character is. You're a chuuni, and Nasu is a shit writer.

but he just did what saber did when he grew out of his edgy teen phase

You're really offended that the information being told to you wasn't 100% infallible, huh?

>Joan of Arc
>not a virgin

Wasn't Gil's memory a special case because of his usual bullshit? In Strange Fake he claimed e could easily go and see his own actions in the 4th war if he wanted to, though in this case it didn't work because Manjew mud.

When everyone's an exception it stops being special user. It's also just outright ridiculous, and undermines the weight of the entire story.

Zero did everything so much better than the VN.

GO Gil is the result of like a decade of trying to rewrite and retcon Gil's character, because he ended up becoming really popular after Zero and they seem unable to understand that him being cruel and selfish was part of the appeal.

It's also accurate to the myth, though. Enkidu's death was hard on him.