Human Appendix

Is having your appendix removed the circumcision for your colon?

I have to get mine removed next week because I have a "heightened risk" of appendicitis.

Wat do?

Attached: image.jpg (590x787, 99K)

Organ harvesting is a thing. Have your surgery video recorded in a single shot by someone you trust.

it keeps gut microbes for digestion so you'd be losing out on that, i don't see why they'd go preemptive, also don't trust the tribe of snakes anyways

Nah, it's not nearly on par with circumcision. But there's literally no reason to have parts of your body amputated if there's not actually any problem.

I'm more worried about unnecessary surgery. So much literature about the hidden uses of the appendix

Always avoid surgery if it is not necessary. It's all risks and no benefits.

They are just milking money out of you fellow goym.

No anons ever had their appendix removed because of heightened risks for appendicitis? Doc saying it appears slightly inflamed.

Should I get a second opinion?

I will only have to pay 400.

Always get a second opinion before an irreversible procedure. Maybe it's justified and maybe it isn't, but the system is predicated in large part on informed consent, meaning it's up to you to press them on the possible costs and benefits, and whether or not you think it's a good idea or not.

There's no such thing as "I have to get mine removed" unless you're in some kind of imminent danger.

you don't want to try to drive to the hospital if you wake up and feel like you've been stabbed. Your appendix could also rupture and all the surrounding organs could be exposed to the toxins and you could die. Appendix isn't worth having if you are even at risk of appendicitis.

Thanks. Right I don't have to. It's been advised, though.

Unless you truly have a chronic inflammation of your appendix (rare but happens) keep it where it is. It is a reservoir for 'good' gut microbes in case your body decides to purge your colon from some pathogen through diarrhea. Else it serves not much of a purpose. Get second opinion on that inflammation, then decide.

doc will still be getting a few thousand

That "heightened risk" just means you need to take better care of yourself. Eat healthier, exercise more, get some probiotics in your diet. Problem solved.

How have you been feeling, OP? Any pain or discomfort? Did you have a check-up, and that's how they found the "slightly inflamed" appendix? Do they have an older x-ray/image to compare it to, and that's how they know it's inflamed? Maybe it's not inflamed, and that's the size it always is? Get a 2nd opinion and ask these questions.

Yeah, sure whatever you want.

>heightened risk
This means
>we want your money and your organs goy
My friend got circumcised because the was a heightened risk of frenulum breve during intercourse

2 cat scans. Does life change after getting the appendix removed?

not in a reputable hospital in the US, you lunatic

I'm a doctor and I've never heard of preemptive appendectomies. I wouldn't have it done or let them do it to my kid, unless I was having real symptoms.