What would happen after a nuclear war?

For the sake of argument say that all the nukes were used, and all power grids were hit. Lets focus on USA and Europe.

Attached: legion.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads
fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/ucm072265.htm#Who really needs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone here find a post nuclear society to be preferable to the modern day? would you be willing to die in the fireball, if it meant that the happening would happen?

Attached: comfy.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Nuclear Winter. I think the Metro universe may happen where people hide underground and that's the peak of humanity for next thousands of years

People would work together to get society back to the same standards it was before. It's actually an odd fashion that society resets to what the previous norm was, just the technology changes.

you'd be dead and the parasites that live off you would survive in underground bunkers that you paid for until their retarded children could live outside.

Watch threads and then have a think about it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

na nuclear winter is overstated, as are the actual devastation of atom bombs, as are their overral area coverage. remember, nakasaki and hiroshima are back to normal and it didnt take forever.

I just pray that if it ever happens, Sup Forums stays alive. Can you fucking imagine?

Free waterfront housing....

Attached: 233A96C5-1CAE-411A-8C3C-9EB2AC9A4F23.png (2732x2048, 2.22M)

Would take less than 30 to live above ground.

After one year, the average surface temperature of the Earth falls by 1.1 kelvin, or about two degrees Fahrenheit. After five years, the Earth is, on average, three degrees colder than it used to be. Twenty years on, our home planet warms again to about one degree cooler than the average before the nuclear war.

After 100 years no trace would be left of it.

So why the extra 900 years?

ive seen it. pretty sure my school made me watch it. nuclear tech is used as another example of the original sin of white people by the system.

You can't compare Fat Boy and a Tsar Bomb britbong. Also we're talking all out nuclear war, not two or three bombs. Remember there's around 16,000 nuclear bombs ready to fire any moment

shit would be fucked and lots of people would die, maybe it would irrevocably fuck of the biosphere and everyone would die.

I don't know how you expect anyone to be able answer that question with any more detail than that.

yeah sure, billions could be killed, but you couldnt commit total ecocide with even all of them. they dont cover enough area

"All the nukes" is probably enough nukes to completely level and irradiate the entire surface area of the USA and Europe multiple times.

People in underground bunkers would probably be able to survive, but yeah it would probably cause a nuclear winter so people would die out without any food or clean water after that.

Attached: 6D0354E6-E187-4A8D-A7DE-63610054C57D.png (1042x786, 591K)

>you cant consider logically the aftermath of nuclear fallout.

its interesting tho

>radiation goes away in hundred years

Attached: 1521935748024.jpg (330x330, 23K)

>they dont cover enough area
They do, considering populated areas.

>the siberian ruski faggots survive
>call it a "humanity"

it could trigger any number of unknown non-linear effects, you could nuke yellowstone for instance, or poison the whole ocean. theres no reason the impact has to be a linear function of surface area.

which leaves all the small towns and villages which are out of range of primary targets. when you add it up you cant kill all the people and hit all the infrastructure. so russia can be obliterated but siberia will be fine. the flyover states will be hit less than the coast. UK and France will be hit more than romania or croatia.

i was going to bring this up. hitting geologic targets to aid in ecocide. this is evil tier usage. i get blowing up LA, but hitting yellowstone is a whole other level of fucked up. also consider that you might want to invade after a strike so you want it to be fairly clean.

Do you honestly think that people from villages or small town could have survived on their own? They lost the senses they had thousands years ago.

much more relevant than you'd think, enjoy

Attached: 16967.jpg (300x475, 39K)

The primary targets will include nuclear power stations, chemical plants, refineries. The electrical power grid will be completely destroyed with no industrial capacity to produce replacement components. The water will be contaminated, and the nuke plants that weren't destroyed will melt down. Fires will burn for weeks destroying what the bombs didn't. Wild animals will be contaminated from the fallout and nuclear plants making them poison, just like the plants.

well having strong undamaged infrastructure in their area would be a massive boon, also the lack of rads means they would have better crops and better health in general. they would be able to adapt to agrarian lifestyle with relative ease. ironically the loss of the city population means these farmers can use the high efficiency machines to create a real garden of eden.

Why is emma gonsalez picture doing here?

but all their petrol powered goods are doing just fine? scavenging for oil would be the main issue until someone rebuilt a refinery. farming can still be done in many areas.

Okay but what about the contaminated water? It's contaminated with chemicals now, imagine including that with radiation.
also
>getting water from rad clouds
no

I can see it now, shitposting from our /comfy/ Vaults, while normies are out in the wasteland getting cucked by Super Mutants.

I think the reason that apocalypse scenarios are comfy is because all the problems of current year instantly vanish and relations between humans return to how they previously were. Its situation dependent, but more than likely we wouldn't descend into total dark chaos following a massively destructive event. You would probably group up with those around you and start to build a society for your new tribe. That's the comfy part. Finally you will belong; you will have a people, a place, and a purpose.

>imagine shitposting on pipboys and sharing memes through holotapes

If only we had some nuclear detonations to learn this from. Animals will still live there, some humans will even exist in it, the problem is the body gets jammed full filtering out the shit, but some people survive it, that are not killed from the initial firestorm obviously.

I don't know why you think radiation is a neurotoxin. There's a lot of radiation in the world. The problem is the exposure and most areas will have radiated particles fall on them can just be covered, outside of the blast areas, and purified water.

This is what ion tablets are for, is to help the body filter this HOW DO YOU THINK THIS IS NOT A WELL KNOWN AND THOUGHT ABOUT ISSUE LIKE OVER 50 YEARS LATER?

You need to get out of the house more user.

not all the water will be radiated. if its in the rivers that means its flowing out to sea. i know the prospects are bad and can affect large areas, but im most interested in the areas which remain largely the same after a blast. these communities will be the new beginning in my opinon, and will probably balkanize into new states over time, perhaps federalizing in the event of a russian or chinese invasion.

>destroying the planet in order to learn how to love again

We'd be like the Institute. We'd live underground and keep all the good shit to ourselves. We'd maintain discipline, and be reluctant to let outsiders (normies) in.

Attached: 4chan Fallout.jpg (420x185, 7K)

>ion tablets in villages and small towns

Attached: 1519194457010.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

>and the Railroad would be reddit, perfect world

someone mod cult of pepe into FO4

I think that those communities which would have survived would turn into savages or simply not being human at all
>ooga booga I'm a nigger from Lybian Desert, I shall be the prophet of new humanity

Terribly poetic
I can dig it

Attached: F9922390-E006-4FDC-8DB2-9F6F2D42DCA5.gif (400x267, 69K)

>the bible is 100% credible reality

>our hubris is the beast

Indeed. Its a catharsis.

so you see the ME being unchanged. can imagine they would make great raiders desu.

>explicitly. the power grids went down; the aliens didnt vaporize all modern technology/goods

You think iodine pills only spawns in city biomes?

What are the Chances of finding some anti radiation gear in some Billy's house in middle of nowhere in Montana?

Army doctrine says land hit by a tactical nuke can be crossed by lightly-protected grunts already after 2 weeks. Nukes flatten, they don't irradiate. To get Chernobyl-grade irradiation, you'd have to redesign all warheads for ground impact detonation.

Grunts hit with radiation must be put to frontline use within 1 week.

Biggest issue will be having enough food until the next agricultural cycle, assuming the rabid American and Israeli niggers target food stores.

That's it, there's no more to it.

turkroaches would be the remaining survivors

Better than an Arab.

I'm okay with that.

Pic related in memory of Zeynep, a hot morphinist

Attached: 1521265052152.jpg (600x720, 166K)

yep, i know :^)

But would you Mountain niggers have food?

Perfect.
Kek, Atomic weapons are useless on them.

She's beautiful user.

fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/ucm072265.htm#Who really needs

Maybe more than you think, if they have any survival kits made up at all. Probably more likely than city people.

thread theme

Why would mountains get nuked? Also, I live in the lowlands, within 10 minutes of a nuclear bunker

She also got high and got run over by a train. A waste, shame there weren't white knights in her life to steer her towards greater bleaching and a good family lifestyle

Attached: 1521319398900.jpg (960x960, 370K)

we would all be dead you dense fucktard

>Tfw live in a country more civilised than Slovakia
>not a single nuke bunker near me
>the nearest bunker against bio weapons is 50km away
>50km away

Since when did you guys manage to do this when you have a political figure which drops his drug pills on live TV

but not everyone would die, so how can we all be dead?

A shit I didn't realise. What a terrible waste. How do you know all this? Did you know her personally?

Communist heritage, my brother :)

Also, these are the benefits of living within 5 minutes of a military installation (running), 5 minutes away from a ford crossing (walking), 30 minutes from an airstrip that used to be a supporting airbase (by car going balls to the wall), 30 minutes away from a munitions dump (by car going the speed limit) and within 3 hours of a military remanufacturing plant

It was on Sup Forums some time ago, not a full month, but enough time to slip from the archives.

I hate Slovakians so much :(((((((

I hate Czech Republicans so much :(((((((

Found it, though I had to Google it lol.

>56%

A bong'ed Turk (of the white, original Anatolian kind). Did recreational drugs, the rest said about her is speculation. Speculation mentioned insecurity and having more than one train run on her that day.

A loss, really.

>What would happen after a nuclear war?
Nothing, that's the point. I'm not sure you grasp the idea of MAD

Interesting, didn't find the thread in the archive myself.

Why, though?

>There's a lot of radiation in the world.
Thinking that all radiation is equal.

>spouts a god damn leddit pleb meme in my face
this is exactly why you're hated

Idk, I just always felt a rivality in our people. When we were Czechoslovakia during the first Republic you could see the same rivality as today

When I go to the "country opinion" threads we're always green. The same doesn't go for U.S. I wonder why

You could see central government being a dick about deciding whose industry gets the shaft in times of decline and who gets priority in times of growth. I share blood with the Olomouc region and I never got heat there for not pronouncing Czech words properly.

Only people who add value will survive. Leeches will die off.

Meh, may be that I have some germanmutt and Serb blood in myself,

Anyways, in Sudetland, Liberec mainly, People do not hate Slovaks on public but when's the chance we make fun of you for some reason.
I guess it's just cultural differences, keep in mind we're western Czechs, not some Moravamutts

A nuclear war wouldn't be as bad as Fallout would lead you to believe but you wouldn't be building a functional society for a good amount of time. There's a lot of countries and provinces out there that would simply be useless to hit with atomic weapons. Not to mention today's atomic weapons are meant for precision strikes on population centers, military bases and important industrial sites.

But you'd still have many people dying of radiation, raiding, starvation, etc. It'd be like the first five minutes of PUBG- 75% of everyone dies but the people that are left could build alright.

>the flyover states will be hit less than the coast
You've never seen a map of likely nuclear targets have you? Do you know why so many are in fuckshit no where middle of the country? That's where the nuclear silos are.
>you might want to invade after a strike so you want it to be fairly clean
Who is going to survive to mount this invasion? A zombie army?

I assume here that you are assuming targeting of civilian targets over military targets - a value denial targeting.

How such a scenario would occur I can't guess. But the result would be at most a few hundred million dead initially. The real problem would be that the economies of the developed nations would collapse as would their ability to produce food on that industrial level.

The result would be mass starvation. Talking population reduction levels back to early 1800's if we are lucky, well below that if not. Actually we would be lucky to hold at that later date.

Restarting would be difficult unless there was enough scrap to get things started and converted. Consider that much of our raw resources are now recovered using modern tech and 1800 level of tech could not extract them.

But it is something that simply would not happen. Primary targeting is not against civilian targets, it is against strategic military targets. And in such a scenario far less of each nation's population would be killed or damaged. However, in my opinion, it might not matter at all. Panic and secondary damage would likely trigger a collapse in my opinion with much the same results - just more people wondering around while starving.

The Navy? The army who were put into bunkers specifically for afterwards?

ok you have me on the specifics but the generality is true; you cant hit everywhere even with all the nukes. main targets will be power and population assets after millitary assets

EMPs would send both continents back to the XIX century.
Still, the biggest problems that ppl say that come from bombs i.e. nuclear fallout and nuclear winter, are grossely exagerated.
The nuclear fallout drops significantly after just 1 to 2 weeks, though afterwards, the levels are still high.
And nuclear winter is a myth that was made so ppl would not use nukes in the battlefield so often. Just see the burned oil wells in the middle east wend Kuwait got attacked. It was released more dust particles in the burning of those wells than in the simulations developed and, aside from the bad air quality, nothing changed that much.

The biggest problem really is France and the coest of US. BY frying circuits, Nuclear power plants would go in total meltdown. The system needs electric power even on emergency (to remove the rods from the core) and since the EMP would fry not only the systems from the power plant but alse the diesel generators that are used as redundancy, the thing would release vast ammouts of nuclear particles in the atmosphere. France and US have lots of powerplants, and the worst part is that most of them are using tecnology from 35 years ago (time when they where build).

For comparission, just see Chernobyll where an European Joint effort was made to shield the entire power plant and confine the radiation inside the metal compartment in the exterior.

And that was just one power plant. Imagine having to do that in 300+ plants overnight without the parts having been manufactured yet.

Attached: 1515691648471.jpg (1920x1200, 555K)

How would you make it perfect Sup Forums?

Attached: 63EE10D9-6E5B-448B-B798-1AFF56EBEA05.jpg (640x465, 38K)

I will spend the rest of my time on the earth hunting down the elite.

i would make it human sized, as opposed to for ants

Referring to my previous post if it is part of military plans, then probably the military expects to be able to invade after a MAD scenario. Of course, that info is from a time when we expected to clash as blocks, not as states, but I reckon that if it were to come to a nuclear exchange, we would be fighting basically block-wise anyway, even without previous political sanctioning by our respective elites.

And, I mean, who in their right mind would nuke the Velebit, Montenegro, Norway, Denmark, the French Pyrenees foothills, etc.?

If you live in a very big city, then yes, you are fucked. If you don't die of hellfire, you'll die in the PUBG LARP.

We only hate people from Prague, but that applies to Moravamutts as well, and probably to the rest of the former federation. On top of that, we disrespect the capitals of the east and west (BA and KE).

I may even have some grandpa's cousin's something living in Liberec.

Both dindus and jews will have a good time at first, but in the really long run the only the people who know how to make and maintain civilization (grow your own food, build your own shelter, organize communities to maximize output and provide security, record and preserve knowledge, etc) will survive.

The end isn’t for you, human. uwu

Attached: BE7A4029-B015-4EC2-BD19-F596DFDC57BE.jpg (1680x1050, 509K)

Eric Flint is mind-numbingly liberal though, interesting idea but it gets tedious, also didn't find the WV setting interesting in the first

So some nuclear power plants meltdown would be devastating but the thousands nuclear bombs would be not ?

Yep.
It's the build up that fucks everything.

Nukes have just a little fissible material. And a good % of it is olbiterated when the fissible material becomes energy.

On the otherhand, the rods in the powerplant will release gamma rays constantly for million of years.

Like I said, compare Chernobyl with all the nuclear tests that US and Russia did it. You will see that those places have low level (though still hazard if you stay too long) of radiations while the Ucranian powerplant is still pose a treat to Europe.

Hiroshima and Nagazaki was rebuild and repopulated just a few decades after their bombing.
But no one is trying to repopulate the outskirs ot Chernobyll, are they?

America becomes great again.

Attached: 1502689357015.jpg (1000x750, 119K)

Nuclear powerplants are not going to get fried by EMP.

It doesn't take 1000 years.

USA: Liberals starve to death without the nanny state, bible thumpers organize and set up a theocracy likely declaring that nuclear Armageddon was God's judgement.

EUROPE: Islam.

Attached: Strangelove (2).jpg (656x656, 165K)

Not all of them are shielded against EMPs user.

Also, Faraday cages have a limit to how much it can protect from eletromagnetic pulses. After that limit is crossed, the systems get fried anyway.

After 50 years the recovery will be in full swing.