3x3 Thread

Remember...
No, bully

Your king is here

5.5/7

0/6

1/4

4/4
Good shit. No much to say outside of that.
0/0 manga
2.5/4 anime
-Code Geass

I have mixed feelings on Clannad. It's been years since I watched it, though. So I don't know if a rewatch would improve my opinion of it.
A bit harsh, don't you think?

He's just jealous of me.

++Berserk, Dandy, Bebop, NHK, PB
+EVA, OPM
Perfect taste
++S;G, Aria, CG
+Ping Pong

>Watamote
My nigger, shame the manga is kinda stagnating, its ok though, there just needs to be another big dilemma or a trip.
Saw episode of Kaiji, its alright though other shit I gotta finish.
Man paranoia agent was decent, but there should've been more episodes around the old guy, so many things unexplained.

Oh, also
2/4
0/0
3/4
0/1

Fuck you man.

too lazy to update but tanya out, emilia-tan in.
Also I shouldn't waste my time rewatching shows so much.

4/5
2/3
3/4,5

>3/4,5
What did he mean by this

started watching kaiji but didn't really like it and it's on hold.

>newfag tripfag who has seen 20 anime
Hmm

bump

Which one were you?

meant for

Ok, everyone who's posted so far should kill themselves. That's just my non-biased anime aficionado opinion, please don't take it personally.

I haven't watched anything in the last 5 years or so, anyone have a 3x3 of stuff within the last few years? Or is new stuff all shit everyone just posting old shows?

Judge away, faggots

wow you need to watch something besides the same fucking genre

Konosuba and Eva stick out from the crowd

4/5
3/3
Is Rose of Versailles purely a romance story, or is it more of a historical/political drama? I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it bothers me when historical anime/manga squander the potential of the setting.
3/5
3/6
3/3
5/5

Careful. If the elitists find out you unironically like teen edge lord shows they're gonna go full retard

5/6
6/6
4/6

But I don't like other genres. I watch what I enjoy. Quality is a spook of the mind. Subjective as hell. I guess I could have thrown an Idol anime in there instead of Chuuni

Oh lord please forgive my shit taste

Well you've got Lain and Spice and Wolf so it's not all bad

>inferno cop
>shit taste
whut

Filename was correct, what a homo this user (who I definitely don't know) is.

I cant tell if I have shit taste because I dont know these animes, or if I don't know them because this dude has shit taste and likes C list anime.

7/9

why not both?

Pretty good to be honest. Toradora is pretty shit but the rest is at least decent.

Dude, the guy's got fucking zeta gundam, lupin III, and gintama on his 3x3. You're telling me you don't recognize two of the largest anime franchises and MALtama?

agreed. konosuba is also really popular too.

Anyone remember me? I've been away from anime for a couple of years. Where can I find Lupin the IIIrd Chikemuri no Ishikawa Goemon now that nyaa is gone. DId any groups even bother to sub it?

Hi Bear. 2/4 anime

5/5 - nice taste

2/3

3/3

1/1 - KlK

3/4

1/1 - NGE

1/2

3/3

6/6

those are the three I knew plus konosuba.

Unfortunately no one's subbed it. There's a machine translation floating around, but it's pretty terrible unless you're really desperate. Has it really been years since your last post?

Well shit, are fansubs dying?

>Has it really been years since your last post?
I think so. The last series I finished was One-Punch Man when it was airing. I've really only watched a handful of anime movies since, but a lot of live-action films. I've mostly been on Sup Forums and /lit/.

>Well shit, are fansubs dying?
Not really, It takes a while for some new movies to get subbed, but it happens eventually. I just don't think Lupin's that big in the west. Most impromptu sub groups probably see that it already has a "translation" and move on to something else that'll get them more e-fame. I went back and checked my 3x3 archive and I got yours saved from the middle of 2016, so I guess it hasn't been that long. Still, pretty crazy how fast time seems to fly. It's nice to see you post again even if it's only in passing.

New and improved more slice of life traded robots for dead people edition

I might be on Sup Forums a bit more. I'm back in college again and need some more bit-sized entertainment to help me procrastinate. Any much watch series come out since I've been gone? I can't wait for Devilman Crybaby.

The soyboycore

You should be able to use nyaa. Google it and get that Koike Lupin goodness.

You might as well watch Yuasa's two new movies to pass the time. I can't recommend much more than that. It feels like anime's been pretty hit or miss for a lot of people lately. There's certainly some stuff from the last two years worth watching, but you'll just have to find them for yourself.

9/9
Amazing taste buddy
8/8
8/8
2/6
God damn that's bad taste

3x3 threads are glorified request threads but with a spoilery image instead of actual discussion of anime. I do not see why mods allow these just because they're 'part of Sup Forums culture' It's a stupid logical fallacy. Anyone posting in these threads is just contributing to cancer. Irony aside I really do believe this.

Ah shit, you're still alive?

Yeah, I've been checking the lists that come out each season and haven't found much that grabs my attention. I completely missed Lu Over the Wall though. I'll give that a look. I'll have to finally finish Tatami before I watch the other. Yuasa directing Devilman is like a dream.

Found it. Glad to see it's back up.

Get on my level scrubs.

Are you a sentient Hot Topic store?

Neat

New Uchouten Kazoku series for sure. Other than that only films have been worth anyting really. Go for Yuasa's two films, Koe no Katachi, and In This Corner of the World. Maybe give Flip Flappers and Little Witch Academia a try, although I thought they both turned out kind of lame in the end.
More than ever. Full of vitriol and ready to shill my favorite Chinese cartoons.

Mahoujin Guruguru has been a surprisingly entertaining, and painfully nostalgic, show. Comedy is (of course) subjective, but I'd recommend at least trying it.

Downloading now. Thanks guys.

I am completely unapologetic about my taste.

My joke aside, I'm actually very fond of a few series in your 3x3 (PSG, KlK, and Black Lagoon). Not to mention, Madoka was fine--and I very dearly enjoyed Elfen Lied once upon a time. So in fact, I give you a 5/9.

Nevertheless, that particular combination in your grid is quite striking.

>liking akame ga kys

remove angel shits and it's actually kinda a fun pack of shows

Nobody wins...but I!

You should, elfen lied is unironically the worst anime ever made

Made one using mosaic maker.
Rate away

you taste is 6(fine)/10 at best

Hard for me to precisely rate since I have mixed feelings about some of those, but pretty good.

Please watch more shows

Throwing myself.

Which ones?
TV series: 108, OVA: 23, Movies: 28 is how much anime I saw.
It's just that it was difficult for me to choose from some series so I had to pick 2 of my favorite movies instead. I wish this was a 3x3 movie thread instead.

top middle

How to spot a newfag who watched less than 30 shows: he has bebop in his 3x3

very cool actually, i haven't seen like 4 of those tho

How to spot a newfag who watched less than 30 shows: he posts in 3x3 threads

To be fair, it's mostly because of nostalgia goggles.

I dropped Brotherhood after 4 episodes, but I loved 2003.

DN I enjoyed a lot at the time, but I suspect I would feel differently about now.

Paprika was fun but not overwhelmingly so.

I haven't seen Jojo's or GTO.

The rest are a solid 4/9 though.

>Whose afraid of Virginia Wolf
I didn't realize we had a SMART motherfucker in this thread

I was referring to Death Note, FMA:B and JoJo, also paprika, which most people who have watched more shows should not have in their 3x3, unless you're a very boring and generic "only most popular anime" watching faggot.

I mean watch obscure yet highly rated older shows, and considering everything other than GTO is from the 2010s (excluding death note which is just too mainstream (like SNK which at this point is about as natural a watch as a 2010s anime) I just think you should watch more classic shows to broaden your horizons.

Yeah he should watch sailor moon and midori freak show girl, true anime kino /s

>midori freak show girl
wh-what

Bad news, steer clear

Hey would you mind telling me what the anime next to my neighbor Totoro is, the one with the town in winter with the large full moon and colored geometric path in it?

I always get bored before I make it to 3 x 3.
I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.

>I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.
3 more anime

hey man sailor moon is good

I think it's the Princess Kaguya

I said I get bored.
I dunno, Panty & Stocking for the good music and fap material. 1997 Berserk, for the good music and fap material. Uhhh...

That one guy on youtube who animates Pop Team Epic strips.

Hey bud it's been a while. Why'd you get away from anime and how did you get back into it lately?

I haven't posted one of these in around two years.

ppl get mad about these threads like they are ruining Sup Forums and i think its a little melodramatic
they are silly and pretentious sometimes but kinda cute

8/9 i didnt find opm that great, not one of one's best works
5/5 nice to see some robot carnival love
6/10 tomoko love is pure
5/7 same as above
3/6
2/6 bad taste my friend (+psg/klk)
4/4 ore monogatari was cute;; main girl is relatable
3/6 who are you
not my thing but at least u know what u like, haruhi/10
6/8
7/8

1/9
Perfect Blue was a masterpiece

weird that you could love perfect blue and hate all of my other faves but ok,, yeah satoshi kon was a genius rip

It's a cliche but they genuinely do not make movies like that anymore, at least not in this medium.

this might be a weird complaint on Sup Forums but it's always upset me that satoshi kon hasnt had more recognition outside of anime fans

like perfect blue, tokyo godfathers, paprika, and millennium actress are all such brilliant stories that i feel like could be easily accessible to a non anime-fan western film audience

I know he gets some critical acclaim in the west but your right, it is kind of weird how he goes over looked, feel like any fans of psychological horror would shit bricks over perfect blue. I guess even in his most accessible stuff it's still unmistakably Japanese? Even something as straightforward as the concept of idols might strike western audiences as bizarre.

western audiences are stupid they just need to wait for darren aronofsky and christopher nolan to make more sub-par, edgier, less good, less subtle copies of satoshi kon films

Sperg out, fuccbois. I only included one movie slot btw.

6/8
3/5
7/7
9/9
5/7
0/3
5/7
7/8
3/7
1/2
4/6
2/2