AOTY

Which is your AOTY?
I can't decide between these two.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o
best100.animefestival.jp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

both are janky cg shit but I find the one with the robot grandpa and violance more entertaining

SSR

Houseki no Kuni.

It's SideM

Inuyashiki is kind of boring. Seems like it's going round in circles. Inuyashiki hels people, Hiro kills them.
The first two episodes were decent but that's it.

I honestly think Inuyashiki would be much better without Hiro's subplot.

>subplot
It's literally the only plot it even as. There is no real direction or point to the series.

If they actually made Inuyashiki's side of it interesting, then yeah. But him sneaking into hospitals to heal people isn't much off a story either.

Heybot.

To be honest I've been enjoying Inuyashiki thoroughly. I really like both Inuyashiki and Hiro, looking forward to seeing how the story's all wrapped up as well. Then again, not watched many anime this year, but I'd call it my AOTY.

HIT ME ON THE GROUND!

It has been an amazing season, Inuyashiki, Shoujo Shuumatsu, Net-Juu, Kino no Tabi, 3-Gatsu, Mahoutsukai, Houzuki, Ballroom and Houseki no Kuni to name my favourites.

I don't think I could conclusively pick an AOTY, but I can say that I look forward to Houseki no Kuni the most every week.

Houseki no Kuni easily runner up for GOTY.
Original concept that's interesting, entertaining characters that I love to watch and new ones that get even better.

Actual good looking CGI with strong artwork.

The story isn't anything special so it depends on what you value most.

The last 2 episodes have made me believe houseki is a strong contender but I still like potatoes more. Let's see which one ends better.

There's only one choice for me.

seiren

Konosuba

Houseki no Kuni is one of the best animes I have ever seen, as much of a MIA fag I am, it is superior. Inuyashiki shouldn't even be a contender at this point.

Kemono Friends too.
All the best anime of the year are cheapest ones. WTF is going on.

The second case was boring so I dropped it
Hitler was amazing though

What, snake thigh sucking action and plastic monkey wasn't good enough?

This means you missed Blair Witch secret underground society cocaine disco jesus.

Children of the whales. Easily.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o

Most of the scenes that characters are moving 3 times more than I ever seen in most anime series.
What do you mean janky? Sure the movement doesn't do a great job of replicating human movement but it's still very expressive and entertaining to watch.
Which is exactly what their going for, not life-like animation.

Magus bride is a close second. Inuyashiki is kind of like the anime for goth kids.

The massacre scene was too strange and felt off. Why did they mid stop a massacre?
How the fuck are the characters not traumatised by it? They saw their loved ones slaughtered in front of them but they just get over it a few hours later. Sure they're used to nature death but that's far from massacres before their eyes.
Some soldiers lit them up straight away some didn't do anything for no reason just so important characters can survive.

>The story isn't anything special so it depends on what you value most.

Nigger are you for real. HnK is deep as fuck.

Theseus's Paradox and the Trinity of Man.

If you ever paid attention to the series your question wouldn’t be so hard to answer for yourself. They’re been taught from a young age even on the whale that showing too much emotion is bad and they actually hurt themselves if they realize they’re showing it.

What are you referring to?

Jesus christ how did I not even notice Theseus's Paradox.
I would of realized after the show ends I swear.

It was Made in Abyss, but SSR has stole it for me. SSR has been great, especially the last two episodes.

That's way too hard to swallow for such an extreme event. How could they possibly be mentally tough enough to not be terrified after a massacre to the point their shitting themselves.
I'm talking about the actual fear then the grief. For such a soft tone up until that point I wouldn't expect these people to be tough enough to bounce back as if they were ready for it.

mahoutsukai no yome

A story is not good just because it uses some philosophy references. Those are tools to create a story but not important for storytelling.

Uchouten Kazoku S2 followed by MiA and Lu. Surprise hit of the year being either Akiba's Trip or Knights & Magic.

Somewhere between MiA, Mahoutsukai, and (surprised no one mentioned this) SukaSuka. I can't think of whatever good show deserved AOTY for Winter '17 as it was the only season that was shit.

Houseki no Kuni if it's still good in the end.
If not Kemono friends.
Then Uchouten kazoku S2.
MIA, had a boring middle part where they dropped the ball but the beginning and end was amazing.

Want to like Mahoutsukai more but the animation has noticeable taken a nose dive.

Because you let your guard down.

Either Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Made in Abyss or SukaSuka. I had the pessimistic view that comfy potatoes was going to drop off at some point but it's been very consistently enjoyable in every regard.

I need to look at anichart or something for what actually aired this year, 2017 has been long and every year has started to combine into an unrecognizable amalgam.

Rakugo
Followed by Suka Suka
Then Oldman Robocop

Houseki no Kuni because it has the best presentation, main character, themes, humour and the most originality.

It becomes a problem when the CG becomes distracting and laughable, like in pic related.

I keep forgetting Konosuba second season and LWA second cour was this year.
People keep saying it was a shit year yet looking back it seems there was a bunch of good shows and AOTY is pretty hard to call.
I personally am going with SSR unless I find the time to watch MiA and weight them against each other

3gatsu or Tsuki ga Kirei

My mistake not mentioning I'm talking about houseki no Kuni exclusively.
That show gets it right while Oldman robocop is pretty fucking janky.
HNK gets it right for the most part and it is actually pleasant to look at. And adds a spark of life to the characters. The MC is incredibly expressive during the first few episodes.

Because at some point all the kids on the whale accepted long ago that they’re all meant to live short lives.

>The MC is incredibly expressive during the first few episodes.

Until the PTSD settles in. I wish the adaptation was longer so we could see the rest of Phos' spiral downwards.

Sorry didn't watch human pokeshit

I hope people are being ironic about liking Inuyashiki. Literally the worst shit I've seen this year, anime or not, with horrid laughable writing and awful visuals.

Even without the bad visuals the writing is so bad it's hard to believe anyone even thought about it being aoty worthy.

Children of the whales is AOTY.

How did a CG anime get a Ghibli art director, Yoichi Nishikawa, top tier Japanese animator, Norio Matsumoto and highly acclaimed independent animator, Yoko Kuno?

>AOTS
Garo, followed by, of all things, Imouto sae Ireba Ii.

>AOTY
Probably Symphogear, unless Garo overtakes it, which it might. Rakugo S2's up there as well. A lot of really solid shows this year, but not much stood out for me.

Houseki wins.

kinda disappointed with garo, it doesn't even come close to the first 2 we got

Tsuki ga Kirei

idk why

What do you expect? It's Gantz's author, the guy who made up everything on the go and just added a bunch of filler fights after filler fights. I will never understand why people wank his shitty works again.

best100.animefestival.jp/
Relevant poll

That one girl kidnapped by the yakuza had a great ass.

Everyone who didn't vote for Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is mentally damaged.

Try watching Children of the Whales or Magus bride. They’re way better and that’s from a Maido Dragon fan.

No show dependent on jumpy low-framerate CGI qualifies for AOTY. I'm talking about both those shows, btw.

>jumpy low-framerate CGI
So you have not watched HnK.

Mate it doesn't matter how good your bait is when you repost it all the time.

Leave the AOTY polls to me

Neither no terrible adaptions of good material like 3gatsu.

Is this suppose to be satirical? Half this shows are utter garbage, I refuse to believe Sup Forumsnons have this bad of a taste.

It's funny how fast kemofure was forgotten even after all that shitstorm with s2.

I think whales is the obvious answer.

No its actual opinions of 1 user posting the picture in dozens of threads with guaranteed replies every single time.

Well, one is a pretty edgy powerfantasy with Gantz-quality (ie terrible) writing, while the other has a bunch of androgynous creatures Daiz created by hotgluing rocks together and have with such bizarrely fucking distracting looking hair I couldn't get over it and dropped it. I couldn't say either are my aoty, but both are CERTAINLY better than that glut of fujoshit male idol shows that all hit in the same season.

>CGshit or CGshit
nah

KnK

Absolutely

I don't think sequels count.

>arguing about some TVshit being AOTY in a year with 2 Yuasa movies

Onihei, it just has that Chanbara/ Jidaigeki style I love so much.

Pripri is the only seasonal I watched this year

If only the rest of the show is as good as the first one

Made in Abyss is AotY in terms of visuals, music, drama etc.

This isn't really debatable.

Neither of them. Duck Tales take the spot.

I thought Rakugo S2 would be my TV AOTY but Houseki no Kuni kinda blew it out of the water. Yuasa's films are AOTY overall.

>Made in Abyss
>Houseki no Kuni
>Children of the whales
>Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
>Kemono Friends
Seem to be the most popular ones thrown around here

I don't know why but I fucking hate this anime for some reason. I've seen similar ones but this one just triggers me

Dragged down by shitty mids.

Only mia kf and ssr would be remembered long after.

Nah, Manga is way way better.
The OST is the best thing about it.

das rite

For me SSR is the first show I already wanted to rewatch 3 episodes in.

why she got donald trump hands

Houseki made me realize how underwhelming Made in Abyss was an adaptation in comparison.

Syberian winter urban potatos and gembutts, it's a draw for me. We'rr see about season summaries and how well they're handled

More like Disappointment of the Season.

It's great, the animation and visuals were on the whole better than Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko and both have exceptional soundtracks, but SSR has better characters, imagery and more emotive drama. The last episode with the robots and the fish was great and the imagery and soundtrack go a long way to really augment it, just like the rain song at the end of episode 5.

Add HnK as well, solely for the fact that the manga has been releasing monthly without any hiatus ever since the beginning.

MiA's problem is that there's some unfortunate padding for whatever reason, but the last three episodes were very well done. Houseki has been more consistently good (and actually uses CG well which is pretty amazing by itself) so far, so It'll be interesting to see how the last few episodes turn out.