What's the appeal?

What's the appeal?

not understanding society and humans makes her seem helpless and worthy of protection

muh petite demure asian trope for nerds that are too wimpy to handle a real woman

she's got betas who can't get/handle real girls

Everything in the thread applies to both characters really. Except rei is the one you leave in the basement and asuka is the one you leave in the volcano.

>makes her fucking annoying
ffy

Hair and eye color.

You probably don't want to be with any eva girl though. Maybe Misato with the condition that she loves you the same way she does Kaji and he never existed, otherwise she's just a thot.

>a whiny, immature, psychological damaged teen is a "real woman"
Asukafags are a sad bunch.

Qt doll

Everyone says she'd be like a dead fish in bed but what if you gave her some S&M gear and ordered her to play rough? Can you turn her into a cold domme?

Fucking this. They're the kind of people who shouldn't ever be caught saying "2D > 3D" because of this shit.

Wouldn't you be being dominated by your mom?

you get to make your dad jealous as you fuck your mum

The whole of her character is enigmatic. From her character design to first appearance, she draws attention. Jap viewers really connected to her because of the time period, but that's something you can look up because I'm tired.

The moe for Rei helped generate the greater focus on characters anime has now. Everyone judging Rei by their own personal "waifu" standards is ironic because it's a very post-Eva attitude that the fascination with Rei created in the first place.

Also her smile is really cute.

Sounds like a good time to me.

No, I'm going further. I'm saying Asukafags are sad motherfuckers if Asuka is their idea of a suitable partner in real life. They live in some sort of absurd fantasy world, either that or they really are that broken.

That's a face made for face fucking.

she's got that motherly appeal, like she would accept you even if there were something wrong with you

Nah. Mine has more in common with Misato.

Cute with interverted robot persona

>waifufagging anyone

Does your mum wear underpants around the house and try to fuck you when you're down?

She gets bullied and is treated like a freak because shes quiet and thought of as clone doll. Ive always thought people who prefer Rei relate to how she is misunderstood or judged just because you have a certain demeanor or act a certain way. She eventually asserts her agency against her former abuser and starts to feel comfortable with defining herself on her own terms.
I think a big part of her appeal to some people is how she is an outcast due to her very personality. People who have dealt with self confidence issues or anxiety know what its like to have an Asuka type personality label you as a freak because you are quiet or different. People who prefer Rei are more sensitive or introspective types.

Well said user. I'd say that's why people are still arguing over red vs. blue more than twenty years on.

She loves me and I love her. What else is needed?