Why do you hate it?

Why do you hate it?

Garbage-tier main characters

Garbage writing. I don't really hate it. I just can't stop reading this trainwreck.

But I like it.

I actually wanted to like it, I thought it looked cool and I don't avoid shows just to be contrarian. But I couldn't get into it. I might give it another chance at some point.

FeelsEdgyMan

The premise is cool but everything else is shit.

because they lost their only hook, titans vs the last of the humans...suddenly everybody is a fucking titan. it's not just as fun.

because its popular and anyone who disagrees is lying

I hate it because its awesome af

I don't hate it. I used to like it a lot when S1 dropped. Still reading the manga and I wouldnt say it's bad, but it's... different from before, so I'm not that invested anymore.

The reveal was dumb as fuck. Literally nazis vs jew titans on madagascar.

I like it mainly as a gateway anime. I love the fact that more people are getting into anime nowadays it's nice to have more people to talk to it about.

The premise is amazing. I think they dropped the ball when they made people turn into titans though. It would have been better if some people could just control titans without becoming them.

Also, the reveal that the world isn't actually a titan infested shithole sucks.

Because it's bad?
I was really hyped about it at first - thought it was going to be something new and interesting. But, after a few episodes of terrible pacing and awkward dialog it became clear that it was just another turd.

I liked the premise, but the fact that there are humans in the outside world is fucking retarded.

the author dropped the ball hard by turning the story from a zombie apocalypse scenario into overly convoluted shit

because the people I hate like it

>because its bad
nice reasoning

It actually has a few good things, to me it's overall a great premise with some good writing ideas, but surrounded in shit and basically unlikable main characters.

this
I would've liked if they ventured further out and found other colonies with different strategies and technology

>titans are jews
Don't know if speed reader or mental midget, but it's the exact opposite.

>but the fact that there are humans in the outside world is fucking retarded
Why is that retarded? It makes sense that people who are locked in a cage and have never gone outside just assume that the world they saw was all that existed.

A lot of people went to watch SnK expecting to see a generic "zombie apocalypse" anime, were disappointed when they realized it wasn't that, but instead of going "I was wrong about this anime" they go "This is wrong and stupid fuck this".

It's not retarded, and honestly only brainlets hadn't seen it coming, but the story did lose a lot of the grittiness it had in earlier chapters.
While I enjoyed the change of pacing, lots of people understandably didn't.

do you really need more reason than garbage writing and shitty pacing?

Lost potential.

reddit ruined it

4 big things
Armin is displaying the "dumb writer - smart character" syndrome. Aka the writer is dumb as a rock, so he makes Armin look like a genius either by stating obvious things that nobody else gets, or by asspulls (i remembered every single one of his gear's scratches!).
Eren is annoying
Mikasa is completely empty and devoid of character
Levi being practically a deity on the field despite having the frame of a slender male. Others might disagree, but I think that humans displaying supernatural strength without a logical basis to justify it or because they got "angry" is lame.

Unfortunately these 4 characters cover most of the screentime.

I don't.

but I do hate the memory altering that the founding titan is capable of. Not a big fan of memory loss/distortion as a plot device.

It completely ruined the tone of the series for me.
I liked how over the top grimdark/edginess

The author also completely lost me with the titans' bodies forming the walls and people outside the walls conspiring against everyone inside the walls and it honestly feels like a completely different series

Same. You got to remember everything perfectly if you want to serve it cold.

Fucking THIS it's like the dead cat syindrome you know it's awful but you can't stop watching it

I don't. It's one of the few mainstream series I actually enjoy and think it deserves its popularity.

ITT: People who don't get the actual theme of the story.

What is the theme of the story?
I highly doubt you telling me your interpretation of it would make me enjoy it more

English isn't my first language, so I can't tell you with all precision, but the fact is that there are people in this thread that overestimated the first half of the series, and now that it tries to become more mature, exploring subjects which were subtly introduced in the first part beside the action and the mystery, and expanding on new things and deepning these themes, these people underestimate the new but complemented direction the manga is taking, as if was bad, while actually is reassuring old things.

You know, the cruelty of this world, the "paths" that people don't want to follow but are obligated to, and one's willingness to sacrifice his own life, in hope that his "people" will carry on the task.

O