At least it was better than Dragonball Evolution

At least it was better than Dragonball Evolution

Other urls found in this thread:

funimation.com/blog/2017/01/09/groundbreaking-anime-ghost-in-the-shell-returns-to-theaters-for-limited-engagement-february-7-8-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same tier of worthless Hollywood trash, desu.

that's no difficult feat

you should know this already

>better than Dragonball Evolution
OP setting the bar high I see

I'm not spending 4 hours to find out which one is more or less lame.

Yeah, bot still completely unnecessary. Hollywood mocks anime.

The only thing I really liked about this movie was the fact they kept the original soundtrack from the first Gits movie and the Geisha robots were pretty okay. Everything else was far too silly.

How does these things relate?

So the only good thing was something they just bought from the original authors and didn't invest any effort into? Sasuga, capitalism.

You sure? that Goku seemed more jewish than saiyan to me... then again he seems more a lot of things before he seems saiyan

Whoever says the movie was shit hasn't actually seen it, or is just a contrarian idiot.
The movie is decent. They made a mish-mash of ideas and themes from the entire franchise, including films, SAC and manga.
Honestly, if they lack ambition to create something new and awesome in the same universe, they might as well have just adapted the 1995 movie, and that would have been better.

In any case, it's a decent popcorn flick. Good enough job to convey some of the ideas of the original to the dumb general public. Doesn't hold a candle to the '95 movie.

do you know when they play making of a cyborg? Not during the making of the cyborg but during the end credits.

the only thing they took from the sources where the names and a few scenes, no ideas. When they got to "memories don't decide who you are" i was convinced that whoever wrote that abomination never read the manga or saw any of the anime.

Also better than the original GitS film.

Don't blame hollywood, blame the morons who pay to see this shit.

This but unironically

unironically kill yourselves

>Whoever says the movie was shit hasn't actually seen it, or is just a contrarian idiot.

That's not really saying much.

Nice bait.

better than death note LA too

The more important question: Which series should Hollywood touch next?

Fairy Tail.

akira or cowboy bebop

I'm pretty sure it was a robocop script with the names changed.

they should have gone with Eva Green

you can't make the major a 5 or barely 6

I'm honestly surprised that Hollywood never touched an Attack on Titan movie, considering how big the series is in the west too.

>In any case, it's a decent popcorn flick
spotting a shill could not be any easier

probably. Being a hollywood writer has to be pretty easy

That ain't much of an achievement

Something that has western themes so that a lot cool concepts won't be 'lost in translation' when trying to appeal to a western market. I can see cowboy bebop or even space dandy working very well.

sorry Sup Forums, but the worst animated-to-live action adaptation belongs to Sup Forums

Hold my beer.

didn;t you hear? Your Name is getting Hollywood'd

I hope it will be an exploration of cold war themes and the current nuclear threat from NK to US like how Akira was an exploration of the Japanese concept of the apocalypse and getting nuked. It will probably end up being a monster movie.

I'm just waiting for live action K-On.
Imagine Chloe Moretz as Mio

Any news about the recently announced anime production?

Pure Manime-kino.

not saying much there

wonder if nips would handle the material better

I just thought of something
Couldn’t they just showed the original movie?
Like who says that a movie can only be released in theatres once, on the business side it would probably far more cheaper. Like most people in America and Europe probably never even heard of ghost in the shell before this and why show them a remake when there is the original
But I guess that would’t happen since their would probably be a massive about the nudity and the massive hateboner Hollywood and the Oscars have towards animation

you mean leslie jones?

you mean the one from spring? I'd like to know that too, haven't heard anything

God this movie, I still remember final part where Bison was stunned or blinded and Chun Li rather than simply kick him on his chest so he would fall in some spikes she instead spent like 20 or 30 seconds preparing some energy attack to the same effect.

I think that movie flopped because it was boring; it didn't work as an action film and it didn't work as a science fiction thriller. Boring to the point where people on my theater started talking and chatting on their smartphones.
In my humble opinion both your movie and you as a director failed spectacularly if you can't grab normal people's attention.

Because there isn't money to be made from re-releasing a 20 years old movie.

>Couldn’t they just showed the original movie?
They did. funimation.com/blog/2017/01/09/groundbreaking-anime-ghost-in-the-shell-returns-to-theaters-for-limited-engagement-february-7-8-2017/

Battle Angel Alita

Fate deserves it at this point desu.

Not even remotely as much money in it.

>Hollywood makes a Fate adaptation
>Saber is a tranny

Fate could work if they didn't do an adaption, but rather just a new Fate story using the Holy Grail War, but with white people.

A competent director could easily make something half way decent with the concept.
Though it doesn't seem like anyone in Hollywood is competent anymore.

It felt more like a female version of Robocop rather than GitS. Major character was butchered in movie. But it got some really good graphics and I felt joy looking at some recreated scenes.

So I agree, it's a decent movie for general audience. Maybe it even made someone watch original.

I will blame Hollywood because people wouldn't be invested in garbage if it didn't crowd the market of popular media and force it into the front.

>Casting this fat old cunt of all people
>She couldn't even be arsed to lose some weight

Very low bar. Very very low bar.

Well she was a canon futa at one point

Scarjo in the Shell > Blade Cucker 2049

I haven't seen b8 of this low quality in ages.

Hello, reddit.

Slightly better b8.