Has a shounen author ever stated their feelings about fujoshi in an interview?

Has a shounen author ever stated their feelings about fujoshi in an interview?

I really wonder if they ever design a character and think, "Fuck, I just know those bitches are going to draw five million pictures of him getting it up the ass."

I would like to know too.

I wonder how Inoue feels about this. I mean Slam Dunk basically created the Fujo as we know it today

bumping, actually kind of an interesting question

>Inoue
>still alive
Though I'm curious about what Kurumada thinks about fujos myself

You kidding? Authors know exactly what they're doing when they design a pretty boy rival character.

I wonder about this a lot. What does Kishimoto think of the huge amount of Naruto x Sasuke, or Horikoshi about Todoroki x Deku. I think I saw an SBS where Oda made light of Zoro x Sanji, making some comment about then fighting with their dicks, but I wonder if this kind of stuff ever secretly pisses the authors off.

I haven't seen it addressed in any interviews, so I assume they're avoiding it because fujos buy a lot of merch and they don't want to lose that fan base.

Has a manga author ever stated their feelings about otaku in an interview?

I really wonder if they ever design a character and think, "Fuck, I just know those assholes are going to draw five million pictures of her getting it up the ass/pussy."

>Has a shounen author ever stated their feelings about fujoshi in an interview?
I don't think so. That is a very weird question and I doubt it would be mentioned in a pro interview.

I'd actually be curious about this too. It's weird to think about creating something that a person out there could become obsessed with.

Oda addressed it in SBS 82:
D: I'm incredibly hyped over everything about New World Nami. As the creator, do you feel uncomfortable knowing that I'm thoroughly enjoying all the Nami merchandise that's being produced and plan on continuing to do so in the future? Should I tone it down a bit? Penname B.S.L

O: I feel like Nami's popularity has been skyrocketing these days. Could it be because she makes more appearances now? Anyways, I suppose you're feeling a bit guilty because you're looking at my characters with lecherous eyes XD. This is just my personal opinion regarding all of the characters I've ever created... but in all honestly, it doesn't really bother me. One of my own great teachers told me once: everything within "the world of manga" is pretty much just merchandise. Nobody within that world is real, and it wouldn't be very professional of a creator to get offended over whatever a customer decides to do with the goods he has bought. I feel just about the same way. You're free to your own interpretations, fantasies, and any other methods of enjoyment. It makes me happy just knowing that you even care to follow along with my series at all.

>I wonder if this kind of stuff ever secretly pisses the authors off.
Considering the amount of fujobait we get, I wonder more how many of them actually enjoy it. I feel like Togashi really does.

The ending of that manga should've been yuri to make the whole fujo thing ironic. Too bad the author is a fujofaggot herself who's not into yuri.

There's no point to yuri though.

>Someone claimed a character I drew as his waifu

If that was me, I might develop a god-complex

This is some Araki-tier heartwarming-musings

Shima was always a lesbo.

She's bi, she has interest in guys too, her standards are just high

was slam dunk really the first?

fuck off, the best boy actually won in a shoujo for once and not the arrogant asshole, thats way more groundbreaking than some dumb gag ending

femc's feelings for reverse trap were always treated as a joke/not taken seriously by her, she was friendzoned the minute her true gender was revealed

Is best boy still winning in the manga?

not a shounen, but iirc the author's said before that he hates yaoi logh doujin. which he was kind of asking for, consider all the subtext. and actual text.

Mutsumi has already won. They kissed, confessed mutual love, and spent the night in a love hotel together. I knew his win was in the bag ever since they washed up on that deserted island together and they had to strip naked and embrace each other to stay alive.

Watsuki was allegedly angry for having so many female readers and he was constantly whining on Rurouni Kenshin's author corner about how much he wanted to finish Kenshin already to make a manly manga

>Has a shounen author ever stated their feelings about fujoshi in an interview?
Masami Kurumada loves fujoshis. He was so grateful after being interviewed by the BL magazine June that he named a character after the magazine. Allegedly he chose a Greek theme despite Saint Seiya's original spark came after watching Karate Kid because girls love the western setting, same reason why the guys on Saint Seiya wear leotards. Arguably Kurumada is a fujoshi inside, it was him the one who started the shounen shift toward the fujo audience after all

Bless his heart.

Captain Tsubasa was actually.

Ironic, I seriously thought he enjoyed baiting the fujos.