Is this the apex of 'slow' anime?

It's the apex of early 2000s TV animation and of cyberpunk animation in general

>cyberpunk animation in general
(You)

That's not Armitage.

There's a good reason for that.

Tex is slow for you?

When does this show get good? I dropped it on episode 10

Depends on the topic at hand however it does a great job generally of getting you very attached to characters.

Tex is slow for an anime, yes

why
didn't
he
bang
the
doctor
???????????????????

He was caught up about 'deflowering' if you know what I mean

You dropped at the conclusion of the first arc, which was all just setup for what's to come. The first arc gets better in retrospect once you finish the show and understand what Yoshio was attempting to do

Proposal: the show was in favor of 'Neo-Luddism', as the root of every issue in the show was TECHNOLOGY

It really wasn't that slow. I have to wonder what one's attention span has to be to where they call a first episode, with both action and atmosphere and introducing a bunch of intriguing things, slow and boring just because it had minimal dialogue. Ichise limping around is important emotionally, and honestly, if you can't handle just a single episode of that (AND OTHER THINGS) I don't know what to tell you.

I think it's pretty obvious the guy is gay. But I just get called a fujo for ever mentioning it so there we go

Didn't he have sex with some chick at the very start of the show?

From all I recall is him constantly turning down advances made towards him, while I'm not going to call every guy that denies a slut a faggot I don't remember him sexing some chick. If he did I stand corrected.

He doesn't turn down anything. He submits to the promoter's girlfriend so he can get paid for his fight the very first episode, is repeatedly taken advantage of sexually by Doc, and probably has an encounter with Toyama. He never displays any sexual attraction for either sex, he just passively accepts it.

This is.

It’s the apex of immersive. Sound design and direction were amazing.

Name a better anime. You cant.

1 episode in... I hate having so little backlog left

Thanks for reminding me that I watched two episodes of this a month ago, better get back to it.

Boku no Dandy Bebop

They're both best

didn't he have weird relationships with some guy?

That's Toyama, I'm assuming you mean. There's a scene where he undoes Ichise's tie, tosses it to the ground and says something like "now here's my first piece of advice".

Also the apex of slow anime

No, not at all. The show never tries to assert that Kimata or the Salvation Union are in the right (all of their hypocrisies and backstabbing aside).

>overrated shit : the movie

The world above was done in by technology creating a stagnation of 'need'

The world below was ultimately destroyed by texhnolyzed people.

Lain is slower.
At least Tex has the mafia action going on

Lain and Tex are peak cyperpunk.

The world above was done in by the pursuit of evolution and perfection, along with the state of humanity in which they did not have to struggle to survive. Technology was one of the ways in which people attempted that, but the other was by driving problem individuals underground. With the class, it was sterility and incest. It's the process that ultimately matters. A state of society in which nobody has to struggle will create the apathy, technology or not. Perfection doesn't exist and the animal impulses have to be satisfied.

he did tho

I suppose technology was just one of the possible paths to the end state of a larger problem yes

>slow anime
Not really a genre, but it's definitely the best slow paced anime I've seen. The atmosphere in the first 10 episodes is the most jaw dropping thing I've ever seen in any anime.

pretentious garbage

There is nothing overrated about it.

This is.

Are you able to explain why?

Roots ain't means my boy

Texhnolyze is not slow by any means. Well, some people will consider some Lupin films slow. I don't know what to tell you. There is always something developing, collapsing or starting in every single episode. It is absolutely frenetic, even...

Something that could be said about it is that it is the apex of disgustingly (and purposefully) ugly anime. Everything just looks goddamn dirty, blaring, horrifying, specially in the first episodes.

>apex of disgustingly (and purposefully) ugly anime. Everything just looks goddamn dirty, blaring, horrifying, specially in the first episodes.

I agree but I think it's one of the better-looking early digital anime series. Plus the background art from Hidetoshi Kaneko/Atelier BWCA is absolutely fantastic.

You mean Armiteji

Alongside FMA 2003, yeah, I think it's one of the good ones, but it requires a lot of time to settle in the eye (the use of whites is just ridiculous and almost hurt) and notice how actually great and inspired the background art is (well, by the last chapters it should be absolutely evident). The character animation is sometimes a bit off though, and the show many times feels like produced in an aspect ratio narrower (the faces are sometimes just too wide!)

>(the use of whites is just ridiculous and almost hurt)
I was mostly alright with them for Texhnolyze and Shigurui but Hamasaki's definitely been relying on the high contrast eye-piercing whiteness a bit much in recent years. The effect especially's not good with the most egregious examples (TerraFormars S1 and his Arslan 2015 episode) being the victims of some of the worst production ever.

The latter half of the eighth episode always stands out to me as having a lot of off-looking faces (DR Movie inbetweeners were credited, maybe this was before they got good) and just being kinda unintentionally ugly in general.

I still remember the first few times I started posting screencaps from the KAA rip and thinking that the aspect ratio in all of them had been fucked with somehow.

Got any other atmospheric anime like Tex, Shigurui, Lain or Haibane?

Steins;Gate was horrible in that regard.

Random nonsense could never be as good as Texhnolyze.