Itt: Tropes you love

>itt: Tropes you love

Happy go lucky protag gets serious and has a very intimidating face

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsGun
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A random gag causes a big turn of the events in a later chapter/episode.

Protag is enraged and shows no mercy after comrade/loved one is hurt.

Why isn't this the image of the thread?

>The "heroes" are revealed to be just as questionable as the "villains" and it becomes unclear who to root for

A whole group of multiplets who have the same position across all parts of the world.

>Show has a main theme that plays through a lot of the series (Not an OP)
>Different versions of it show up through the story
>There's a version of it with Lyrics

Effortless coup de Grace after what appeared to be an even fight.

JUST ANOTHER HEROOOOO

This shit.

>The OP of a series is made specifically for the series

Mob 100, One Punch man, Dragon Ball Z, japanese Pokemon but no one cares about those... anything else?

>everyone is a shit person and deserve to kill themselves

>Protagonist encounters a situation where his powers go haywire/he can't control them

>when shit gets real as fuck when you least expect it

Every god damn time.

>To rescue their friend, the heroes must enter their mindscape.

I genuinely liked this, and fuck anyone who thinks that my taste is shit.

the rogue gallery are lined up and the heroes have to go on a survival fight sequence to reach the big bad

>anime makes you completely rethink everything you've been watching this whole time

Madoka got fucking me hard with that one.

>pseudo-intellectual edgy madokafags

retard

your post is more pseud than his

>childhood friend becomes the antagonist

Not a trope.

>Main duo act tsundere as fuck with each other
Tsundere is fun when it's a two way street, it's dull and abusive when only one side does it.

>deconstruction is not a trope

I know you hate Madoka, but cmon. At least try not to sound retarded.

I hope you're pretending to be retarded.

>MC gets NTR'd

>protagonist is the main villian

>no ur a retard bekus i sed so

>ants
>not clearly in the wrong.

There's too much HxH in in Sup Forums already.

>sullen indifferent character abandons their ways due to falling in love

I know it's old and beaten to death, but dammit it works on me

>op avoid or ignores premise
>solves everything by doing things related by tangent.

Watching him break down was my favorite part of the entire manga.

>joke or otherwise unassuming character is actually a fucking badass

>first/obvious/main girl loses hard

>The protagonist and antagonist/Villain and Hero can swap perspectives and be a hero or villain just as easily as the other character
>Both viewpoints are valid courses of actions in the circumstances, and the stories power comes from trying to decide who played their cards better

Supporting character said to be the strongest, but their only purpose is to job to an enemy so the MC can uncover secret OP abilities

The final battle/climax being the protag rocketing up into space

is Raiku the absolute master of this?

shounen: The Power of Friendship (MC tries to fight big bad alone and to be on the verge of losing only for his friends/rival(s) to appear and cheer him on causing the MC to have a sudden boost in power). Alternativly; MC fighting big bad when big bad is about to kill MC only for MC's rival to redirect the shot stating "You don't get to kill him/her; that is my job" and proceeds to either beat down the big bad or force the big bad to flee

Love/Comedy: MC's best friend gets his own girl

Mysteries: clues start to fall into place finally at the end of the last few episodes giving you that "Oh shit!" moment

Drama: The happy go lucky character breaks down to the MC revealing all the shit he has to deal with with the only hope that things get better

>everything is going fine until random death of one of the main characters

>timeskip where everyone has moved on with their lives after big event

>When it depicts the cruel reality of life and doesn't sugar coat shit

>the comedy relief character gets a serious episode

>MC decides to sacrifice himself in order to rid the world of evil
>he actually dies

>MC decides to sacrifice himself in order to rid the world of evil
>he was the evil the whole time

Only if it kills/hurts someone close to him and SHOWS the audience why he's hesitant to use "That."

HxH fags are really this insane.

>Anime has multiple OPs
>First one is the best
>During the final fight in the last episode, the first OP starts playing near the end

>the main theme song or an alternate version plays with the credits during the final showdown

Oh come on, the ants were in the wrong and you fucking know it

>First and best antagonist teams up with MC to take down the new antagonist

>anime makes you completely rethink everything you've been watching this whole time

So you just skipped episode 3?

>the MC actually loses a major battle rather than just winning all the time

Oriental racism

Thank god for this.
>side girl spends the most time developing her relationship with MC, has actual interactions with MC
>main girl just bumbles around, skates by on her status as main girl

>Villains who are always one step ahead in terms of preparation, and happenings
>Always calm and collected, or smug and condescending due to their situation
>Something happens that makes the MC go on a rampage against them, and they lose their cool and get a one sided beatdown or they have their entire plan foiled at one point by the heroes

Nothing's more satisfying than seeing someone too relaxed about their own plan, have it completely destroyed under their feet.

Smug no more.

A line has been crossed.

He's not being racist. He's just confused as to why Louis is on a ship he's not supposed to be on.
There is however, good old fashioned Oriental racism in the novels, who describe Louis Machungo(novel's translation of his name) as looking powerful, but dim. Comparing him to a big, friendly water buffalo.

Insane characters who just don' give a damn so long as they follow through with their ideals.

I love when they do this in a comedy way, where the villain lose all his cool smug self because the hero is way too retarded to make him keep the straight face mostly when they do it in abridged series

True in real life too, except the friendly part.

But Louis is a good guy who earnestly looks out for Yang and later Julian.
And Yang's boss at first is black.
And funnily enough Rubinsky, the King of the Jews, is describes as broad-nosed, ugly, bald and dark-skinned but not actually black.

Eh, One Piece did it better than most abridged shows. Luffy calling Crocodile an idiot never gets old

>The villain is the most charismatic character in the series

I think his point was the fact that Gon kinda went over the deep end the moment his world view changed due to Kite's death. Pretty much bridging down the path of being a complete psychopath. If it weren't for Killua, yeah he probably would have Pitou; but he would have had to get a human killed as collateral. It's almost like being in the same circumstance Gon was in with Kite protecting him and Gon. If he had killed Pitou right then and there, he would have regretted it for the rest of his life since he had the blood of an innocent kid on his hands because of his psychopathic rampage. Or maybe might have just gotten himself killed honestly. But the point is, at that point in time, you almost question if Gon is worse than Pitou.

Music that actually syncs up with the action on screen. Especially during a badass fight sequence.

I was talking about the point where you find out Homura's been going through countless timelines this whole time. The one we watched was the 100th time.

This picture would be so much better if they were leaned in a bit. It looks like they're brofisting eachother with no real force behind it.

>Characters in the show openly mock the edgy abrasive kid that would normally be seen as "cool"

>Character that relies on his sheer charisma and ability to bullshit to survive a world where there are superpowers that could kill him easily

I came into this thread just to find this.

>At the end of the series, when the villains are all defeated, the protagonist and rival beat the fucking snot out of each other even though there is literally no reason left to do so other than their own pride.

>All this generic anime shit
What the fuck is this?

You should read Hellblazer.

just going to mention two tropes I absolutely am sick of seeing because it gets spammed hundreds of times in japanese media
>character mouths daisuki with no audio before something happens
>story ends with a character saying tadaima
every fucking time

s-cry-ed was fucking GOAT

>Heroes and villains have to fight together to get rid of a common enemy

This is called "Chekhov's gun".

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsGun

>character has no hope of winning
>recklessly tries something he just saw/was just used against him
>it works
Also
>mc isn't protected by plot armor
>loses a major battle/match

>Main villain antagonises or annoys a side villain, and the two villains battle it out.

and

>Villain comes to the rescue of the hero against another villain

both get my jimmies flowing, in a good way

No it's not. It's only a chekhov's gun if you can apply the law of conservation of detail to predict a future event. If you're gonna link tvtropes, at least link the right one.

MC and villain go full bro while fighting a common enemy and then go back to being enemies.
Also, when the villain is pretty chill and actually likes the MC but opposes him anyway because of different viewpoints.

Shirou v.s Kirei was the most satisfying example

>Protag walks in on the antag fucking his sister and she gets mad at him

Would be cool but literally never ever

Still hurts

>MC beats a girl who likes him in a competition just so he can win a prize to give to another girl
>On the first girl's birthday

TWGOK was great.

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY

Are you joking? It was fucking obvious Chihiro would win from the moment she was introduced as someone who wasn't an animuh archetype.

>Guys get attacked for peeking on the girls in the onsen episode
>they actually fight back

People have said that about a lot of series and been wrong, user. Not to mention that half of Sup Forums was shocked and angry when best girl one.

*won

>Romcom or harem series
>the best characters are the guys

Half of Sup Forums is retarded.
I realized Chihiro was going to win precisely because she wasn't a cliche animuh girl (or at least Keima didn't consider one) when she was introduced and I was like 15 back then and was just getting into anime and manga.
To this day I can't understand how people didn't see it coming, same with Kirino winning in Oreimo or Megumi in Saekano. Waifufagging must make you blind and retarded or something.

I knew it because she actually loved him, but it wasn't completely unreasonable to expect one of the other girls like with Oreimo.

I thought Yang's first boss was a poo.