ITT: Anime that you had high hopes for, but where left mostly disappointed

ITT: Anime that you had high hopes for, but where left mostly disappointed.

Why?

bottom-feeder fetish pandering

>everything is about sex
the only fetishest is you

not as good as naruto

Anime fell flat on literally every important moment. Absolutely boring and static animation.

Sounds like another newfag expecting it to be a complete concise story but was disappointing when it only adapted a section of the story. You really wouldnt expect this of someone who watches a long running series. Pretty sure that if he show didnt have a break and continued the story OP wouldnt be bitching.

You can see how much of a faggot OP is by not giving us any reasons at all why he is disappointed. "This is a disappointment but I will not give my reasons why and you should just know I didnt really like it, and, by extension, you shouldn't like it either" Thats something women do.

>where

Yep. And the fact that the usual reason is because 'fetish pandering'. I didn't even notice it until someone mentioned it. Has to be a bait thread. Roll your eyes, and move on people.

I can kind of understand I was fuming when the fucked up all the stuff with Ozen.
I read the manga first so I don't care how good the anime is. It's just bragging rights - especially after getting season 2

Not even him but did you even watch the show and how sexualized the little kids were? try reading the manga too
You type like a fucking redditor fuck off

LWA for me, I expected cute SOL and got Yuri pandering shit.

if you read the manga you'd think the opposite
follows it almost exactly and the wonderful soundtrack and voice acting just makes it even better

I sure hope this is bait.

It's because I read the manga that I found it so disappointing.

>Yuri pandering shit.
What? You mean the wasp episode or that one time in Sucy's dream? There was more romance aimed scenes between Akko and Andrew then anything else.

hows that? theres literally no difference

>if you read the manga you'd think the opposite
>watching lifeless colorless garbage
>no soundtrack
Is a downgrade really

What works in manga doesn't always work in anime.

Please, go back to your containment thread. Such closed minded "individuals".

The reason I found it disappointing has nothing to do with the sexual pandering at all. I don't really care about it and I find people that complain about it very obnoxious.

If you really think that then I have nothing to discuss with you.

This, pretty much.

Manga and Anime are different mediums. Most people find it hard to be moved when reading a comic, but with animation it is much easier to get through people because not only are you using images to portray emotions, but also music and the such. A well placed musical track is guaranteed to get me every time.

The Manga has very detailed drawings that are not common within the medium. The show, on the other hand, did absolutely nothing to elevate its medium. Other than the backgrounds, all of the other elements that compose the show felt extremely "safe". I felt no effort nor emotion from it and it doesn't help that its animation (the main element of this medium) was mostly static and full of boring camera angles. I can count the immersive and dynamic shots with my fingers and, for a Manga that obviously cares about building it's places and creatures in it, the show did an awfully mediocre work at it.

This is right. The opposite is also true, but sadly it doesn't apply to this show. Other than the creatures being animated differently than the rest of the characters, it's void of any originality. A good example of original animation is Mob Psycho 100.

TL;DR: The show is boring because there isn't any quirk that makes it stand over other shows or its own source material.

>waaaa anime doesnt stay true to the manga

vs

>waaaa anime stays true to the manga and doesnt do anything different

There's never any winning with you people, is there. I knew this was a bait thread.

I was making an argument around the animation. Not about the story it is trying to tell.

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad, my friend. I would recommend you try listening to other people instead of thinking about what you have to say.

>inb4 animation is not important in anime

Which got dropped to follow the Ako-Diana are the Chariot-Croix lesbians of their generation.

Same, probably because I was expecting something along the lines of STAKER with lolies but the abbys itself wasnt very interesting, barely anything otherworldly about it apart from the curse and some monsters.

hmmm..

will you guys be able to forgive her?

what for?

Magus Bride - terrible, soulless adaptation, awful editing and staging

Girls Last Tour - juvenile "philosophical" dialogue, lame art direction and bland, predictable character interactions

Thanks, now I can post this when someone says MiA is not a fetish bait