Why do we hate Youjo Senki again...

Why do we hate Youjo Senki again? I understand that the quality of the art in the anime doesn't match the LN illustrations, but other than that, the animation, the voice acting, and the delivery were absolutely top-notch.

Where did you get the impression it was hated? People had some issues with it, but most people who watched it enjoyed it.

> Why do we hate Youjo Senki again?
We don't? It was a fairly popular show on Sup Forums when it aired, and then it faded out like most shows do. That's all.

Threads are sort of a bubble but the Youjo Senki threads here were great and for the most part positive. We were easy to forgive visual problems due to the new studio, and a lot of us love duck lips.

>Why do we hate Youjo Senki again?
you obviously weren't here when it aired.

Because it's edgy right wing trash.

I'm a left winger and this makes me laugh. Contrary to what people think, politics doesn't really make an appearence in YS

I'm curious about the recent increase in threads about it. I liked it, but it seems like there has been more threads about it and whether liking Tanya is gay or not in the past few weeks than in the rest of the year combined.

favorite part

I just fucking hate Tanya and Mary is superior in every way to that whore.

probably bait, but I appreciate the bumps. someone's gotta play the heel.

Because copyright,Adam, and Eve were all little shits for reasons not yet agreed upon

I want to marry Viktoriya and retire to the country side where we would live a happy, peaceful life.

No. Blonde lolis are trash.

>we
I'm glad WE elected you as our representative.

i wonder who could be behind that post

>Why do we
fuck off

Adaptation was uninspired.
I prefer the direction the manga took with the artstyle and cartoonificaiton of figures in exposition.
Also the lack of internal dialogue and speculation from the officers and MC is a pretty significant, but common downgrade.

lame premise shit art

isekai reincarnation edgy crap.

Tanya is cute, CUTE!

>we
Fuck off or lurk moar.

Was nazi propaganda to them, but they kept coming back for more

Cause i'm heterosexual.

I don't remember it being hated.

>quality of the art doesn't match

nigger thats putting it lightly

It seems people who were aware of the LN or manga were disappointed with the worse/different art, but anime-onlys (myself included) are fine with it. I just consider the LN illustrations as very good fan art and don't feel like I've lost anything. Also I really, REALLY love ducklips.

Still mad

>heart pupils

OK, I'm picking up the manga now

It's from a doujin.

What is name?

there is like 6 youjo senki doujins, just look for it

I'd like it more if Tanya's design wasn't so fucking ugly, her eyes (specially her eyelashes) and her mouth turn me off so much

>we
Fuck off.

why .

Literally best parts. Her body could use some more meat on it.

>we hate Youjo Senki
Define we.

From what I read in majority of YS threads I lurked in, people enjoyed it plenty, why do you think they made memes and videos about it? of course, not everyone have the same taste, there were also complaints about the art style as you mention but that's it, the art style aside, the series especially the novel was liked a lot, the manga is also pretty cool even if it uses a slightly different tone.
The issue with the anime is that it skips too much detail, but if you read the novel beforehand you'll enjoy it much more.

>Why do we
Stop making threads with this shit, MODS should delete this on sight

>man turns into a women and declares war on god
wow very right wing

I recently finished the first season and i think its just as good as Death Note.

it looks like it involves nazi's that are not being butchered by strong diverse ugly women making it right wing

>Why do we hate youjo senki again?

What you're seeing probably comes exclusively from a small group a fags that hate Maid Dragon so much that they need to shit on every other show from the winter season by proxy. It was very well received here when it aired.

How is it at all comparable to death note besides the main character is a villain? Besides small thematic similarities like that it is a completely different show.

It’s a communist, atheist series disguised as right wing.

>flop dragon
>well received
lol

The protagonist is an edgelord and I feel like the show was trying too hard to make him/her look crazy and "cool" with the toothy grin and wide eyes, so I was cringing too much to enjoy it. I'm definitely in the minority though, of the people I know nearly everyone that watched the show liked it.

Picked up

>we
I fucking wish. I see nothing but praise for this show and I feel like I'm going insane being the only one that dislikes it. It was god tier for about four episodes before flaming out spectacularly. Tanya is a good protag, but she's the ONLY good thing about this show, and the author doesn't seem to know how to use her well. The war story is really fucking boring and Tanya was flanderized in a shockingly short amount of time.

you literally described how i feel about this show to the dot, you're not alone brother.

>Sup Forums likes it
>therefore I must hate it

Contrarians in a nutshell

We don't. It was AOTS for many anons + it was actually successful in Japan.

Majority of the show involves strategy and outsmarting the antagonists.
I guess i think death note is better the LoGH, which would have been a better comparison so my mind just went to death note.

It's similar to Gate in that you have to look closer at the source material to get the full measure of political insanity, where in Gate the guy goes off on lengthy tangents about shit in Japan he doesn't like and in YS the author is basically writing with a copy of "Eichmann in Jerusalem" next to his keyboard.

Early n the LN there's a rather lengthy chapter where the author invokes all the usual psychology cliches to explain that, even if the MC didn't want to be a crazed killer to begin with, the environment made him that way. Throw in some magical brainwashing and you basically have some NGE tier shit without even having to try very hard.

Yes

Is CR/HS the best subs for this? Or is there someone better?

i like it. normally, japs trying anything with a european setting makes me rage and loli is a disgusting fetish. but YS is just absurd and almost feels like hellsing. also they is almost zero loli stuff.
But user, there are no nazis in Youjo Senki.

Nep Blanc. Their release is BD rip with dual audio, they have karaoke too.

Everything is nazi, sorry pal.
Especially Tanya, anime reviewers I deeply respect told me she's a nazi loli.

I want to marry Tanya and retire to the country side where we would live a happy, peaceful life.

I suppose we will be neighbors.