ITT: Overrated Shit

ITT: Overrated Shit

Pretty much anything made by the guys that formed Trigger counts

Houseki no Kuni

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

This

>tumblr suddenly thinks 3DCGshit is ok
No

I'm going to use this thread as a recommendations thread because if you fags think it is overrated then it must be great.
Thanks.

>overrated shit
You, probably.

Not so good.

Yuyushiki

only episode 4

wrong

Smart man

FMA brotherhood

I have no love for TTGL, it was always overhyped. I think the "seasonal anime" started trending in the West around the same time so maybe that contributed to it.

Fucking super. 9 threads a day about nothing

OP: shit taste

Fuck off, it's trash.

Kimi no na wa
Mushishi
sorry.

>Still talked about 10 years after it's emission
I don't think so champ

The first show I activity hated.

gurren lagann was good
if you want overrated shit try NGE
shinji is probably gay the way he turns down all those chicks

The only shows that l have absolutely hated in my life are:
Chobits and Nu Rosen Maiden

kill la kill. I forgot the consensus, but the show is fucking garbage right? Fuck those faggots saying it was dumb on purpose, what a shit show.

anything made by shaft, kyoani and trigger

Haruhi

Fucking Made in Abyss, like damn.

wow user you fit right in!!

People desperately wanted it to be the 2nd Coming of TTGL and hyped it up a lot. It was better than most seasonal stuff for sure, but not "anime saved" levels of good.

>no one posted this yet

Peeople are honest about its' problems and how bad the pacing is.

How has no one mentioned this garbage yet

Is there anything worse than overly complicated edgy mecha anime that borders on being pseudo-intellectual with bullshit philosophy as its theme?

If you haven't realized, this is a retarded newfag thread.

SAO is the most overrated franshise of all time

If something is only known for being overrated is it really overrated?

Maken Ki
>generic non-Chad goofy perverted nip who can't control his lust but some how has a harem of beautiful girls after him
>barely 2 second nude fanservice if at all
>missed opportunity for magical girl ecchi

Your Waifu
Earning a ton of money at your job
Thanksgiving Dinner
Avocados
Clannad

The holy trinity of overrated anime consists of:
>Texhnolyze
>Serial Experiments Lain
>Non Non Biyori

The 1st half of TTGL was good, the 2nd not so. The build up to Kamina's death was well executed. But when they started throwing galaxies at each other in the end, it was just pathetic.

>>Serial Experiments Lain
This so much.

I'm an anime newfag I admit it but everyone recommended me to watch SAO as it was the best anime or something I downloaded 2 seasons and it's fuckking boring

It's probably my fault for believing plebbit posts

you have to go back

Sorry, but Berserk is one of the best anime ever. I'm talking about the 1997 version. It also has a godlike ost. The movie trilogy is honest to the manga, but the art style and CGI suck balls. And I don't wanna talk about the 2016/17 anime

>nobody has even mentioned the most overrated anime of all time yet

more like browner than SHIT

I thought this show was completely "meh" and everyone hated me and called me a heartless piece of shit. It just feels so pandering to "nerdy" weebs who think that they will have something like this even if they never get out of their basement. Animation wasn´t of my taste either.

Literally any slice of life

Mushi-shi? More like mushi-shit

Because you don't understand the series.
Good job.

so far i havent seen anyone list anything that should be considered overrated. plenty of stuff thats over-watched, though.

Shit was so awful

pretentious pseudo-intellectual shit like bakemonogatari
NGE puts in a bit of effort but bakemonogatari is a shitty harem for "critics" to have double standards over

Mari Okada is a fucking hack

>Mari Okada
She ruins every show she touches. Does anyone actually like her?

5 centimeters per second
The Girl Who Leapt through Time

Holy shit those were not good movies.

Threadly reminder that overrated=\=bad.

I really liked the second half of season 1. It's a cool mystery and Oberon was an interesting character. The rest was garbage though.

u because ur mom didnt abort u

Dragon Ball, not saying is bad even when I personally don't like it, but many people tend to put this on a temple even after all this time.

Where's your MONSTER picture?

angel beats is one giant pile of shit

Fuck you, still my overall GOAT.

Hunter x Hunter for sure

Man, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is perfect for this thread. It wasn't bad, but it gets put on a lot of top ten lists - and it really doesn't deserve it at all.

now you've gone too far

series I don't like, that got popular.

Gurren Lagann, not so good
Mushishi, more like MushiSHIT
Non Non Biyori, more like Non Non, It Bores Me!
still waiting for the pasta

>all these fucking newfags
>not a single copypasta list
Sup Forums is dead.

Mushishi is a comfy show about forest mysteries and spirit shit, it's not for everybody, but I love it.

Is your reason for saying NGE is overrated really that Shinji doesn't like girls?

This was garbage and a waste of time.
>Uguu look at the blue, she is soooo cute ohmygosh too bad she is DEAD ;_;
>and look at the red, what the fuck is this name, Anaru, kekkekekekeke
>there are also some more random faggots

Because I always hated it.

ITT: OP being a massive faggot

>Animation wasn´t of my taste either.
Probably because everything A1 makes looks like trash

I'd agree if it wasn't for the movie

Anything by Togashi really.

Well if you choose to look only at it from limited angle, disregarding it's major flaws, you can make bad show look fine.
Tho >non moraly grey villain
and >boy get's girl
was unexpectedly honest for this show.

Koe no Katachi
Kimi no na Wa
Kill la Kill
LWA
IBO
Keyshit

It was any alright story but the ending was so cliche. It's a typical battle of good vs evil and Father is one of the worst antagonists I've ever seen. It had an interesting premise but between the very average characters, cliche writing, and lack of character development really made it just seem 'meh' to me.

I don't see why people say praise this as the best shonen ever and even compare it to JoJo or HxH when it's no where near as good subjectively.

Well it's deep rooted problem with anime that even excelent series versions are average compared to better movies.
If you honestly believe that you can compare your favorite moeblob to seasonal Marvel blockbuster you are blind weeb beyond saving.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!!!! AND FUCK THIS GAY ASS THREAD

WHY DON'T YOU NAME THIS THREAD "WE LIST POPULAR SHOWS AND DECLARE THAT THEY ARE SHIT WITHOUT GIVING A SINGLE REASON"???

Natsukashi.

All the Monogatari series. Bunch of pretentious shit.

Dragonball Z is pretty over rated.

tgwltt was kino

I think Mushishi's atmosphere is shown better in Mononoke, which also has that pathos which makes it more enjoyable to me.

Your Lie in April

He was definitely a "look how evil I am" baddy, but at least his motivations make sense. It was also nice to have a harem protag pick a girl early on and stick with her.

Mother of god this, TTGL or Your Lie in April is easily the most overrated.

People think Kamina is some sort of legendary character but he yelled motivation to Simon.
People think Your Lie in April is the saddest thing they've ever seen because of piano music and a character death.

the big shounans are hardly overrated, fan bases mostly keep to themselves compared to anime of the seasons

What is it with japanese media and JUS B URSELF BRUH?