Why do people worship athletes?

Why do people worship athletes?

Attached: cut.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

It's something the common man can very easily measure himself against, so when someone else is that much better at a sport than himself, it's impressive. This is also why scientists and engineers don't receive the same fanfare, for one they aren't competing, but more-so it's really hard to compare intelligence, so most dumb ass people don't even understand how impressive some people are technologically.

I enjoy watching certain sporting events, it's fun. But it really is bizarre how much admiration people have for athletes. Most of them are just like some faggot in high school that you hated I'm sure.

Probably for the same reasons why people shitpost.

No one outside of pennsyltucky likes Crosby. Fuckin diver.

It’s easier for the common man to support something they can see and try themselves and realize they’re not as good as a professional.

Nothing gets the pussy wetter than amazing physical abilities

Lack of God

People want to feel like they're part of a team. It's not a modern phenomenon, athlete and team worship has been going on for thousands of years.

Sports are opiates for masses. They're extremely trivial in comparison to the real world. People watch them regardless because they're source of entertainment.

I'm not really a hardcore sports fan but I do watch some major events (e.g. major boxing fights, superbowl, NBA finals, etc.).

Attached: 1444958271628.png (359x330, 145K)

If you love a sport like religion, you'll worship the prophets.

Fuck Sidney Crysby

HELL YA,FUCK MALKIN, FUCK MURRAY, FUCK THE PENGUINS, AND FUCK THE THREEPEAT!

One thing I notice here in burgerland is that first generation, naturalized immigrants tend to be the biggest sports fans.
I always thought it was weird how newcomers to the US could quickly devote themselves to these uniquely "american" things like american football, but when you look at the background of modern athletics, it makes sense.
Modern athletics is designed to be something that is palatable to people of all backgrounds. All sports organizations, whether it is NFL, FIFA, the Olympics, etc. are all run by globalists so it behooves them to make sure that these institutions are inviting and enticing to everyone, including immigrant and foreigner audiences.
There's a reason why baby boomers love this shit. It's blue-pilled and being a crazy sports fan is the most easy and superficial way of demonstrating one's patriotism. A lot of immigrants who want to put up the image of being "proud americans" for instance will just imitate what the boomers are up to, so they will just become crazy sports fans overnight to superficially signal their assimilation into american society.

t. son of immigrants

Sports are fun because there are rules. There are winners and losers. You literally always "know the score". It's satisfying. The real world is full of ambiguity and confusion. Stop trying to deny us a little relief, user.

Sports were meant to give children exercise. They were not meant to continue as an adult.

Its to keep mankind chldish psychologically

Leave the Penguins to me

Attached: 636478175864123250-USATSI-10448575.jpg (534x401, 39K)

US vs THEM dopamine rush. You feel the same way in elections and wars

Attached: 0d8.jpg (604x608, 31K)

They are the closest thing we have to the heroes from epics.

That's really pitiful when you phrase it that way.
It almost makes me wish that WW3 happened so that civilization could collapse and we would go back to worshiping Alexander and Caesar type personalities.

intradesting. My friend's dad is some sort of Russian war criminal. The guy spent 7 years in prison after the fall of the USSR.
Now he lives here in burgerland and watches John Wayne movies and has this weird half-Russian half-"old West" accent.
it's bretty hilarious.
I haven't noticed this trait with Asians or most Hispanics however

My family is east asian.
Dad is a huge NFL fan, despite being from a very poor and destitute part of korea. He probably never saw what a television set looked like until his teens.
It's so strange how people can change, based on their immediate surroundings.

Bread and circuses. Sports are the circus

Because they're paragons of skill, athleticism, and masculinity. It's hilarious how many of you nerds shill against sports.

Attached: cut.jpg (1024x576, 34K)

I've wondered this myself. I think its some gay fantasy.

BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED THEIR DREAMS, FAG.

It's useful to keep the male population of a country occupied with sports when they have no power themselves. They can sublimate their suppressed desires for power into a sports team, an athlete, allowing them to feel powerful for a temporary amount of time. It staves off revolt and helps keep the herd healthy in general.

Israel # 1.

Attached: 1521878439707.jpg (400x300, 144K)

Your family is Korean and all the men are incel and can't bang any white pussy. While your women are self-loathing.

Attached: 137079.jpg (225x350, 32K)