When did you realize that we’re all Shinjis in one way or another...

When did you realize that we’re all Shinjis in one way or another? How do you overcome your inner Shinji and tell him to fuck off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tONEk9YMoIw
youtube.com/watch?v=K9UmuG2-rbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You mean boring normal high school male with a harem of girls and a special unique power with a pretentious ending?

No, I’m talking about his bad sides.

Don't try to find lessons in animeshit, user. Life isn't a movie. There's no clear cut scenario, quests, conflict-climax-resolution, and more importantly there's no closure, in real life.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as overcoming x y z "bad" traits, in real life, the fight is never over. Yet it's not as simple as fighting monsters in a big mecha.

I'm the Gendo here, pal.

Angsty pissy teenagers who need to """man up"""?

I realized it again like 2 hours ago since I fucked up yet again since I keep going off half-cocked on shit. I really need to clean up my life (literally and figuratively, I literally have no workbenches that aren't covered in stuff) so I can start doing good work again instead of just half ass shit.

Strangle a red head

>Don't try to find lessons in animeshit
Retard.

You sound like an absolute retard.

rejecting your inner shinji just makes you more like shinji. you have to come to terms with your shinjiness before you can properly improve yourself

How does one do that?

I would at least bitchslap Asuka.

this is true

Basically by doing it every day. Shinji is self-hatred, depression, the comfort of being a failure, self-imposed isolation, and all those other habits you've built up over a lifetime of being too sensitive. In order to shed them you need to do so consistently, one step at a time, and mostly importantly keep trying even when you suffer setbacks.

I’m not Shinji.

Hi Davoo
Fuck off Davoo

Thank god I'm not like Shinji or any of the characters. I mean there's this , but that's pretty much it.

>I-it's not so bad that I suck if everyone else suck too, right?
Typical evafag. So that is the profound message you get out of your super special existential cartoon?

this if by bitchslap you mean bed

How did Shinji even reach the conclusion that life isn’t all that shit?

>How do you overcome your inner Shinji and tell him to fuck off?
I don't.

He realized he could have put the D into one of the 3 girls.

usually you grow out of it

I stopped being a teenager.

He's half right. In that
>There's no clear cut scenario, quests, conflict-climax-resolution, and more importantly there's no closure, in real life.
but not trying to understand the themes of a show or movie, or as he put it find lessons, is retarded.

But people watch Eva while ignoring or denying the ideas all the fucking time.

I'll correct myself. It's fine to absorb media simply for the story or characters, but looking at what it all means isn't wrong.

I don't have one.

It happens naturally at some point in your life.

Even if it gives you an insanity point? And ultimately sets you up with a shitty relationship?

That's not true, there are just a lot of trolls, who pull shit out of their asses like how Asuka is Kaji's cumdumpster, which is ridiculous. I will also deny ideas like this.

If this was virtually any other anime than NGE we were talking about you would be right. But as it stands...
> clear cut scenario
> quests
> conflict-climax-resolution
> no closure, (in real life)

In the real beef of NGE, which is the human fuckups and failures of its main cast to connect to each other, (NOT the aliens vs humans Kaiju battle stuff with stupid conspiracies) there's no trace of anything you just posted.

Literally, Shinji rejected instrumentality to reject the false "closure" to continue the day-in-day-out suffering in order for real, even if fleeting, moments of meaningful connections to others.

Basically, you failed to understand eva.

>one

watch eva

>2017
>being a shinji
>not being a frankie
youtube.com/watch?v=tONEk9YMoIw
kids these days

And just who exactly is Asuka supposed to be? I never got that even with the director's cut.

No he means being a psychological wreck hated by everyone and who is forced to do painful and uncomfortable things because his father is a complete asshole who has no wanton regard for the safety of his son and only uses him for his selfish purposes.

>Tfw I'll never be Heero yui

youtube.com/watch?v=K9UmuG2-rbU

Well, one at a time.The girls could all be rod sisters.

Medication, but I don't. Not really. I just try not to break until end up lashing out at those around me and put myself in self-exile again.

But I don't have an "inner Shinji". NGE resonated with me largely because I see a mirror of myself in Shinji Ikari. I empathized with him too much and hated myself for being like him.

But that's just like an average education and youth. The only people that don't get that are stoners, bums and neets, and they end up way worse than Shinji.

What kind of answer are you looking for?

Any answer at this point.

But answers about what? You can see what she is. A girl who has insecurities, BPD, and has difficulty to find connection with others.
So again, clarify what do you want answered.

>When did you realize that we’re all Shinjis in one way or another?
After re-watching NGE
Don't put up a shield to keep people in your close relationships

my wife

Idk, accept that you most likely aren't going to completely change, but you still need to try to improve yourself.

Like, irl? Anno's wife. But she could be interpreted in many ways. I think she's (and his friends) supposed to be apart of the world beyond his mother.

*keep out

>drawing white people with lips

>Spreading pessimism with an Akari picture
Pig disgusting

This is starting to get uncomfortably similar to tang. I wanted to tsukkomi a joke, not have myself evaluated by someone who sounds like her.
What does she really want?

She wants others to recognize how hard everything is to her, without hurting her pride by realizing that she is not as strong as she seems to be. So it's kind of the unstoppable force unbreakable wall. Someone has to give ground to the other's advances.

Shinji might be the impotent modern male, but she's the one that's actually incapable of being in a relationship.

Well...basically I just wrote that down...
But if one let the other do something they would figure it out from there.

Just stay away from hospitals. Specially there are girls inside.

Masturbate to your qt friend in a coma.

>Basically, you failed to understand eva.
No way, I don't believe you.

They kind of both need to do it, yesterday.

Isn’t all anime like that?

Watch something that isn't simply a copy of NGE.

I was beating on a dark red stocked mauser with a mallet, does that count?

Because of course the tropes of young high school boy saving the world with his harem of hotties comes from NGE.
Fuck this board really.

Guess how I know you're a newfag.

Coward

Absolute piece of trash.

Well I think we all have a little Shinji in us, to varying degrees.

I personally have a serious problem with lying, being a coward, and fucking around instead of moving forward. Overcoming these faults is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do because it's a constant struggle.

Jordan Peterson's stuff helps, as does surrounding yourself with good people.

Jordan Peterson is himself everything he calls out in others. A sad, aimless man with little faith in either himself or others. And you are a liar, a coward and your own enemy by your own direct admission.
How does one surround himself with good people? Do I simply have to pretend people around me don't have selfish and utilitarian motives, and that they aren't trying to do something smart while I'm not looking? I mean even Christ's friends took advantage of him.

>Jordan Peterson

The best advice I can give you is to trust yourself first, then you can trust other people. Of course, I'm by no means someone who is in a position to be giving advice, but I'm working on it.

Well I don't need to say anything. I can just let you do both the question, the answer, and any exposition in between.
I unironically want to see you make a blogpost. What got you here, what got you into Eva, and what life events made you into you.

>When did you realize that we’re all Shinjis in one way or another?
At the end.
I can't, he keeps coming back and everytime i have a new relationship with others they get destroyed by me. I'm Shinji incarnated.

I mean my behavior doesn't even resemble the characters, only the end results do.

good post. it seems like you've also upset some of the fairies here

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Peterson. The psychology is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Jungian archetypes most of the concepts will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Peterson's modernistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Upanishad literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these arguments, to realize that they're not just btfoing marxists- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Peterson's existencial catchphrase "Sort Yourself Out," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Peterson's genius unfolds itself on their youtube screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Pinocchio tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

More of a Asuka because I'm a broken bitch.

I’m Shinji but also incredibly ugly, so I have no hope. Really don’t want to die though, which makes it more painful.

Right now:
>become a NEET two years ago
>don't feel like doing anything
>My mom is supportive but we both know that I have to do something
>would honestly just run away and say fuck it all

Like looking in a mirror...

nice thinly veiled blogposting thread

I was about to ask who really wants to die, and realized where I were.

>Overcome
I accept my inner shinji and beat angels but instead of evas I use logical thinking...

I can't believe people ignore her relationship with Kaji, he said he would wait for her, and they will get married. Being an Asukafag is like NTR.

There was no relationship, she clung to a teacher figure who had zero romantic interest and who didn't even touch her.
That's like saying you had an affair with your science teacher, just cause you spent most of each class staring at his neck.

I like Shinji.

He never said that.

How to make your inner shinji disappear?

Go to the gym, preferably a martial art focused one.

Read up on your Junger, Mishima, and Evola. Read classics like the Iliad or Shakespeare. These things will help you in difficult circumstances.

Don't chase after bullshit. I'm not saying bullshit is bad, but the goal of life is to find a cause for living in yourself. Money and renown are bullshit. Women are the biggest bullshit. If you don't have these things then what are you missing? Knowledge and self rule (autokratia) is not bullshit. If you don't have this then what aren't you missing?

Educate yourself. Listen to other people whenever you can. Do not get fond of argument. Even a 4channer has something useful to say occasionally.

Reuenthal looks an awful lot like moot in that pic

>Chuuni auf Deutsch

Kindskopf

Thats the point of the thread user

Fickfehler

I though the point was to laugh at people worse off than me. Might be a conflict of interest here.