Should I become Christian?

I'm debating between Christianity and Stoicism or Buddhism. I'm an agnostic and have felt compelled to adopt the Christian faith. However, I don't know if that's because of my religious upbringing and education.

Opinions appreciated.

Attached: 058.png (678x678, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCb9NIDFFW4KOqc6hGBnFBhg/videos
twitter.com/BasedBasterd/status/977952446122287109
youtube.com/watch?v=pdFPR_c8qBk
youtube.com/watch?v=IFFnT9JaG2g
youtube.com/watch?v=mJRpeq0s9Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=kpoI2tN4yuE
youtube.com/watch?v=nhzyPHih4fQ
infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/improbable/
ancient-forums.com/
ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3411
ancient-forums.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't just decide to become a Christian you autist. You either believe in God the Father and his only begotten Son or you don't.

Wrong.

You're being driven to Christ by the Holy Spirit. Let him lead you.

That's retarded, I can literally believe anything I want if I'm compelled to and the belief cannot be disproven by observable reality.

I'm of the belief that every man needs an ideology (political, radical-atheism, etc.) so I'm basically wanting to know if Christianity is a good faith tp consider. The bible certainly has a lot of agreeable wisdom so I'm open to the idea.

I don't get religion shopping. Isn't religion supposed to be something you just happen to believe or don't instead of choosing to larp?

I'm making an informed decision as an agnostic, I'm not going to subscribe to an ideology if it's observable horse shit (i.e. scientology). If I'm going to trust my gut and try the Christian faith I should at least hear a third-party(s) opinion.

And no, religion for most people is something your indoctrinated into or decide to believe. You're not born a Christian, it should be an informed decision (IMO).

Worship illias goyim.....

Listen to Common Filth, it'll change your life.
youtube.com/channel/UCb9NIDFFW4KOqc6hGBnFBhg/videos

>That's retarded, I can literally believe anything I want if I'm compelled to and the belief cannot be disproven by observable reality.
So you basically believe the oppossite of Christianity. It's not a pick and choose religion, either he did in fact die on the cross and was the son of God, or he wasn't. The whole thing rests on whether you genuinely believe that fact.

Attached: 31cb40e9ce254843f643a15c417b15e4.jpg (967x1280, 161K)

>I'm an agnostic and have felt compelled to adopt the Christian faith. However, I don't know if that's because of my religious upbringing and education.
Christian non-denominational is the way to go. Welcome brother.

Notice how non-denominational christians go purely by the bible and nothing more or less plus love having males and females separated completely. It's pure.

that's sand-monkey tear attitude, desu

>te of Christianity. It's not a pick and choose religion, either he did in fact die on the cross and was the son of God, or he wasn't. The whole thing rests on whether you genuinely believe th

Ever hear of contextualism? I don't have to literally believe Noah literally split the ocean. I understand that the bible is a compilation of mythological stories that all possess a wealth of wisdom. That's beside the point that NOBODY has a default faith in God, it's developed; whether it happens in childhood or adulthood it's all the same.

No progressive shitlibs love intermixing you mong. Men with men and women with women. Only shitty ass protestants and unitarians think otherwise.

Christianity is apart of our culture. Buddhism is not.

I'm orthodox, and even I think that you are full of shit :^)

food for thought

Attached: 1521970876826.png (1865x3083, 1012K)

It's not as if they are muslim tier with their separation. Men can talk to women and vice versa. But they like to separate the groups. They still have single mixers and stuff. But they make events mostly segregated for the better good.Um I just go to a plain old non-denominational church. The services are mixed. But stuff like bible study is segregated.

twitter.com/BasedBasterd/status/977952446122287109

March For Our Lives is a recruiting operation for Antifa.

Kids were being distributed anti-white, anti-cop propaganda at the event.
The deep state is now trying to swell its Alt-Left paramilitary group ranks with underage kids. SPREAD THIS INFO EVERYWHERE.

>What this means:
THE DEEP STATE IS TRYING TO GET KIDS TO MURDER WHITE PEOPLE AND POLITICAL DISSIDENTS OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

SES (Senior Executive Service): an army of no-background check required for the hire executives with access to ALL INTELLIGENCE, who nobody knows how much they make (and they are the most well paid federal employees there are), that the POTUS CANNOT FIRE.
This right here, those 10000 parasites are a very important part of the deep state.

Intro and link to info dumps: youtube.com/watch?v=pdFPR_c8qBk

More on SES: youtube.com/watch?v=IFFnT9JaG2g

Even more on SES: youtube.com/watch?v=mJRpeq0s9Ls

>GOOD DUCKING NEWS ANONS
DEEP STATE TURNING ON ITS OWN:
youtube.com/watch?v=kpoI2tN4yuE
Groups of deep statists create group to support Trump.

Attached: March_For_Our_Lives_Funding.png (2100x1500, 750K)

Off topic, but is going to Church a good idea? I've heard that it's become more and more leftist. With the only attendants being the older Christians and single mothers looking for a man to parasite off of.

I actually like this segregation of the genders thing, is it common in modern churches?

Also ministers should always be male with no exceptions
No clue. I just know that mine is super aware. Services are for everyone but any sort of other even, even volunteer, is segregated. Women have one task while men have the other and mens' are usually more physical.

Attached: 11224264_1528235110829006_8372114894212124682_n.jpg (720x317, 48K)

Where are my Las Vegas bros?

>t. not lds

I worship Zeus fuck off christ cuck, Hellenism will dominate the planet.

>I've heard that it's become more and more leftist.
Only if you go to shitty protestant churches. Find traditional non-denominational churches like mine that take the bible practically word for word except they also take the translations into account. It's as anti-liberal as you can get. No libs are in my church. I am willing to reveal the church to Las Vegas bros.

>Off topic, but is going to Church a good idea? I've heard that it's become more and more leftist. With the only attendants being the older Christians and single mothers looking for a man to parasite off of.
Depends on where you live, really. In the Southeast U.S., there are a lot of young people at churches and they're very red-pilled. I would guess that's not the case in Australia. Most Christians don't actually go to church, but you can meet a good Christian girl through dating sites. Just completely ditch the fedora first.

>Off topic, but is going to Church a good idea? I've heard that it's become more and more leftist. With the only attendants being the older Christians and single mothers looking for a man to parasite off of.
Where are you in the world is number one.

Both are equally not part of the culture since Christianity is a non-European religion too.

I'm an individualist, I'm pretty much accepted the fall of the white race and the West at large. So I don't honestly care what some retards or doing overseas. More importantly, RIP our birthrates. You gotta love giving our women voting rights. Literally will be our downfall.

Sounds pretty good, I'll have to look around for an older and more conservative Church.

I'm very sceptical of "Christian girls", most seem to be looking for attention or want to get a good man after wasting their twenties sleeping around and partying. I'm sure there's exceptions though, so who know?

Oh I get it. You're a Petersen cultist.
No don't worry about believing them. Just enjoy the stories and don't forget to donate on Patreon.

Lol no. This one christian/white naionalist agitator just married my ex girlfriend, even after I talked to her like a month before the wedding. She admitted to never being physically attracted to him, and feeling like she was asexual.

Her and I used to fuck like rabbits. We’re talking three times a day most days, sometimes for hours if we had the time. She sleeps with him occasionally out of pity. One week of talking to her had her almost break up with him and I was just trying to send her back some books and dvds of hers.

Don’t be a cuck in a cuck religion worshipping a cuck god lmao.

The best bit is I’m mixed race and a good bit of that mix is juden.

But yeah op go buddhist chicks love thick zen dick.

There's no god ya fuckin idiots!
youtube.com/watch?v=nhzyPHih4fQ

god loves you

Attached: Jesus Christ.jpg (530x550, 67K)

Peterson? I have a Catholic education, so I'm pretty well-read in different religious theories and means of reading the bible. I don't see how that makes me a "cultist".

Why does his head shake so much? Is this a disease?

BTW, do you guys think masturbation is a sin? Do you confess your sins to a literal priest or just prey for forgiveness (if at all)?

I cant fathom being as retarded as you...

If you don't choose Catholicism then you've wasted your choice. Everything else is Satan worship.

athlicism is deivel worship

Why is Catholicism (denomination of Christianity) better than Christianity itself? Wouldn't they both be at the very least equal as their God and beliefs are pretty much the same?

Attached: 4f2894f3d8c9d4fcd9c17386427531ad.gif (350x622, 259K)

I don't know much about Buddhism, but there's many different types of Christians, so you might want to look into those first. Although you might want to avoid Evas, since they're self-destructively hateful generally.

DESU, I'm leaning towards being a Christian in general and not subscribing to any single denomination (e.g. Catholicism). That way I don't have to get caught up in too many rituals and can more easily practice stoic-philosophy in conjunction with Christian teachings.

You should rean the New Testament several times. And The Sermon on the Mount for tens of times. Untill you understand it.
Jesus' teaching is priseless. The instruction of comfy life and happiness.

Avoid churches and popes. All rituals are satanism lite.

Attached: 1483955462118.jpg (572x621, 104K)

>However, I don't know if that's because of my religious upbringing and education.
Unless you were born and raised before 1968, that's highly unlikely.

>Stoicism
You can lead a pretty stoic life, while being a Christian.
>Buddhism
What's so appealing in Buddhism?
>agnostic and have felt compelled to adopt the Christian faith
That's good to hear.
>I don't know if that's because of
Ha! I cannot name any concrete, temporal thing universally responsible for gaining/regaining faith. There is no factory for Christians.
I was raised a Catholic (very ignorant about what that actually meant), but became agnostic rather quickly in life. Only regained faith a year or so and while I can name reason why I became Catholic again, I simply cannot name anything that caused me to search for correct Christian denomination in the first place.
That is, nothing on this earth. I know that it was Holy Spirit working.
>religious upbringing and education
That may be, even if seemingly distant, cause. Remember, faith is like a seed planted in earth. Starts small, but under correct circumstances it might grow and bear fruits (that is eternal life). Of course, that doesn't mean Christian faith is human idea. God is not merely a ruler over realities unknown to human reason, but that apparent to us, too.

Catholicism was the original until the orthodox and protestants split off with their fanfics, so Christianity = Catholicism and everything else is "Original character do not steal".

>unrelated ad hominem attack

Stoicism if you truly wanna be a man, duh.
Christianity if you're a weak bitch that needs a sky-daddy's validation

Attached: 121456334323.jpg (1052x578, 120K)

Go hang out on the /christian/ board on 8 chan. See what you think. I go there sometimes to post Christ Chan OC.

Personally I'm probably more Buddhist than anything, the Dalai Lama's wisdom and meditation are two things that have made my life much easier.

Attached: christana4.png (572x550, 96K)

>Nothing can be helped
>Don't sweat it
That's not called being a man, it's called being depressed.
There's a reason ancient Greeks considered philosophers the equivalent of what we call shitposters and autists.

Catholicism is the true Christianity.
Only one denomination can be correct, because all of them have different faiths. Orthodox faith varies from Catholic, and Protestant is yet another story.
And Church is of one faith, because Faith is Truth about things unseen and Truth can be only one. That's why, when writing about Church, that is Body of Christ ("For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body" - 1 Corinthians 12,13), st. Paul teaches us:
"4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all."
Ephesians 4
And reason for Church to be so visible is "so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles" (Ephesians 4,14); but that we may be steadfast in our faith, endure in it so we may reach salvation.

Literally fucking retarded. Pick your religion based on what you believe on not based on which agrees with your ideology.

That being said Western Civilization as we know it (for the LARPing pagan fuckers) wouldn't exist without Christianity. To go back to a traditionalist society is to go back to a Christian society that values Christian ideas. Now that isn't to be said that Buddhists and other religions that value similar things wouldn't be well situated as they would both agree on the same core values. Christianity is just the most mainstream and the only solution we should be truly aiming for.

Attached: Saint Augustine.jpg (577x349, 59K)

Come into the glory that is Jesus. The truth, search your heart you already know this to be true

Catholicism as a branch of Christianity values tradition much higher than MOST of the other denominations. While there are some branches that value tradition on the same level if not more than Catholicism generally Catholics are for Western traditionalist, whereas Orthodoxy is for the Eastern European traditionalist/ uber-kike hater.

I'd honestly suggest Catholicism to you as it is a denomination that is based on both tradition and community values. You are the church along with everyone else in the church. Because of that you take care of one another, it's sort of like the old pre-1960's attitude which is beautiful.

Also while Catholic clergy is to an extent cucked like the rest of Christianity (with the exception of some Orthodox priests) it is no where near cucked as most protestant denominations.

This is good advice OP

So then, what version of the bible would you guys recommend I read? Does it matter? Should I read it cover to cover or use it as a general guide to life?

Attached: 31c.png (443x523, 242K)

I'll defiantly give them a read, I'm still undecided on attending a church. I'm defiantly avoiding the newer one's as they seem somewhat corrupted, but I'll have to see.

Read the new testament first. I've talked to my priest about this he suggests that the convert read the NT first as it is a lot easier to understand and can help you find your faith quicker.
As for which bible to read, a lot of people will suggest the KJV (King James Version) please for the love of all that is holy do not listen to them.
I personally prefer the NAB (New American Bible) however I am biased as I am Catholic and that is a pro Catholic bible to say the least.

Dude Christianity literally makes no sense along with theism in general. There is no evidence for god, you people need to grow out of this shit, it's holding us from our full potential.

what's wrong with the KJV?

Congratulations on your spiritual awakening and may God guide you on your walk with him. I'll pray for you

>Noah split the ocean
I think you mean Moses.

KJV in my honest opinion is a bad translation as it tends to value the original text over translations. This is great and all however it is harder to read if you are first converting. Also if you are going to value the original text over all there are better versions to look at.

Guy I've been slain by the spirit numerous times including the last time where I spoke in tongues for about an hour that literally went by in 10 seconds. If I were to not consider that enough proof then I would literally never believe.

Whatever helps you be a good person user. That's what matters

Buddhism is a philosophy though.

Just go to the churches around you and see for yourself.
Stop asking strangers on the internet for advice, have some agency.

>and Stoicism or Buddhism
Go with Christianity. I don't know what this Stoicism meme is about but its guaranteed to bullshit if you're talking about it Sup Forums
>Buddhism
Are you Asian? Did you grow up in Buddhist traditions?
Buddhism is just as deep and dogmatic and fractured as Christianity, so good luck getting into it now as a westerner with subconscious Christian values. You can pretend with a bunch of lefty boomers and bald headed mushroom eating westerners and you might actually get there but its a lot easier staying with what you are. Look at all posts here from wannabe Buddhists and ask yourself if really worth it.
Even then you'd have to pick a form of Buddhism and you're just stabbing in the dark at that point with nothing but bullshit to inform your choice.
If you must go into Japanese Buddhism you should look up Amida Buddha and see if you still think that conforms to your expectations of Buddhism is. Most sects here are Amidist, they hold that enlightenment is impossible for anyone to achieve because we're already living in the Buddhist post apocalypse.
But, since Amida Buddha, who is the Buddhist 1-to-1 to Amaterasu (The Sun in Shinto and the principal deity of Japan,) ... anyways since this bitch is really nice you just have to say 1 prayer, the nembutsu, and you can get into heaven no matter what you do before or after.

Anecdotal accounts of speaking in gibberish and thinking time sped up does not prove anything except perhaps possible brain damage.

My bad, I haven't read much of the bible. Most of my understanding comes from my Catholic high school and casual reading.

Appreciate it.

Thanks for the info, I'll give the NAB a read and also look for an Audiobook version so I can listen and familiarise myself with the bible while commuting. Maybe that sounds strange, but I think it'll help motivate me.

I work full-time and have Uni full-time, I'd rather ask and save myself some time. Then again, I'm probably just lazy~

simple answer, believe on the lord jesus christ and you shall be saved.

hard answer, what have you done for him after you believed on him ... as in visited the sick or imprisoned, fed some hungry people, gave shelter to some homeless, literally any thing to help or comfort anyone else! the best blessing comes when you do it for someone who can't repay you for you act of kindness.
me, i used to turn the other cheek; but hey, i only got four and now i fight back!
starting the christian race is easy, it's how you finish that race that counts!

Attached: cat-ponder.png (397x372, 328K)

Eh, I get I understand it sounds strange however, it came during an intense time of prayer multiple times during similar experiences. This is something that our faith says is common. You can choose to believe what you will however I've seen and felt Gods glory and power.

Keep at it man seriously I'll be praying for you I truly do want you to find Christ.

Stoicism was mostly absorbed by Christianity, which is to say that the good aspects of that philosophy are more or less "baked in" to the teachings and practices of Christianity.

He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. It seems to me that He is already at work in your heart. God bless you, brother.

If you want my opinion on the matter, I advise joining a hierarchical, orthodox church, which is to say Catholicism or Eastern Orthodox. Protestants in the thread might have a bone to pick with this statement, but non-hierarchical churches are vulnerable to subversion, heresy and poz. Sounds like you already have experience with Catholicism, I'm in the process of becoming Catholic myself, maybe that would be a good option for you.

well for starters, the catholic church encourages you NOT to read your bible, they claim you'll go crazy.

other versions of christianity have been neutered or feminised, as in god the father is now our heavenly mother and father or some like drivel.

other versions of christianity claim jesus was just a guy, a really great one, not a god as in father son and holy spirit aka the holy trinity

still other versions claim it's ok to be a sodomite or even confused (lesbian) etc

still other versions claim god and allah are one and the same ... pure unadulterated hogwash!

simply put the lord is his name, the lord is a man of war!

arise and go down to the potters house, and there i shall make known my word

This is actually some solid advice. I like the idea of actually helping people beyond giving money to a "charity".

I'll take you up on this advice. My state (QLD) is considered "alt-right" by others so it shouldn't be too hard to find such a church.

I'm glad. It warms my heart to hear it.

I'd like to offer you a quote from G. K. Chesterton before I go. It stuck with me and I think it was the "tipping point" which made me actually decide to become Catholic (I was raised Protestant).
"A Catholic is a person who has plucked up courage to face the incredible and inconceivable idea that something else may be wiser than he is"

But you can't make that claim with such scant evidence. How do you know it's an all powerful deity, more specifically one of your particular faith, and not just something far more likely such as a neurological phenomenon? Why resort to the ambiguousness of the supernatural when the experiences you've describe could likely be explained within the realms of science? Also, if your conclusion is so obvious, and others have also reported the same experiences, why haven't there been any scientifically reproducable experiments to test these things?

Why do you categorically rule out the potential for metaphysical truths?

Look, while I don't believe you can prove a God's existence; let me make this point. Every man needs religion; be that political, atheistic or theistic. Man needs to believe in something greater than himself, else risk becoming jaded and living a poor life. At the end of the day that's all that matters, living a good life.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I've decided to order a copy of the NAB. I truly do appreciate everyone's advice.

buddhism is easily reconcilable with the fact that there is no god person proactively managering this universe, i would say go with that since you cant "choose" a religion per se

Attached: IMG_20171226_005246.jpg (1013x748, 38K)

Christians worship a jew. Buddhism worships a non-white. Stoicism is at least white.

Which do you want to do? Build your foundation upon a foreign religion or one that was created and/or given to you by your ancient ancestors? Christianity is built upon a non-white premise that is incompatible with whites. Even with all the pagan integration over time christianity has proven to be weak and wreck havoc all over white civilization over jewish fairy-tales. If this isn't an actual bait thread by christians you need to really understand the basics of your race.

Attached: 1502455832692.png (775x5983, 2.4M)

>I'm an individualist, I'm pretty much accepted the fall of the white race and the West at large.
get out.

nah, I'm good.

If you don't give a shit about your people why bother joining any of those specific religions? Religion itself is inherently collectivist you fucking tard.

Become a gnostic, it's the superior choice

No.

infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/improbable/

Considering that 90% of the right/ conservatives are bitching about brown people instead of fixing the declining birthrate, I don't think you're doing any better.

As for religion being collectivist, I'll have to see how I go.

>Buddhism

wtf. Atleast go the Hindu/pagan route like enlightened ubermensch. we're literally in the Kali Yuga, why fall prey to a submissive jewish desert religion which was forced on Europe?

Attached: Vikernes.jpg (1109x624, 32K)

>Pick your religion based on what you believe on not based on which agrees with your ideology.

How very fucking fitting that you would think that, given how Christianity can't in any way coexist with White Nationalism/Identity politics.

Being a Christian WN makes zero sense whatsoever. Literally everything in the Bible contradicts with your religion.

One does not BECOME a Christian. You either are, or aren't, and only come to the realization thereof. Many even think they aren't but only findout later that they are.

You see something Protestant faggots have a bad habit of (as does Catholics but in a different way) is not telling you that you are already saved. God cannot, would not need to forgive you twice. Your sins were extradited from your being after Christ sacrificed himself upon the cross. However, you have to know this, and believe it yourself. Hell is a personal choice we all make to be absent from God either by our own self deprecating gay shit, or simply a life of ignorance believing there could be no way that such a feat is possible. To believe that our mundane lives and it's sins are just too great for someone to bare, even the son of God, which is the highest sort of blasphemy.

But you are already saved, and God's doors are always open. There is no sky moderator that would live just to judge and torment non-believers.

Attached: ichigo1.png (1105x768, 687K)

Don't Christianity is an Abrahamic religion directly tied to Judiasm, like Islam.
ancient-forums.com/

Christianity is cancer for Europe. What you should do is check the link above.

My man!
Check out this site:
ancient-forums.com/

This is the post you should read first:

Fuck off with that picture of Rabbi Yeshua. Christ-cuck.

Too brainwashed to understand that Christianity was forced onto the Europe by force(Inquisition and murder of Pagans). Fucking Christ-cuck who worships a dead fucking jew on a stick called rabbi yeshua. And you call people retarded.

ancient-forums.com

Check out this site, it seem right in your alley.
ancient-forums.com

Yes become a Christian do you want to go to hell?? Should be an easy choice, Christianity is the best religion.

Attached: 1520786478232.jpg (500x600, 95K)

If you want to read of genocide, mass murder, child and animal sacrifices, rape, etc. Sure read the bible, it will show you what fucked up and unnatural abomination Christianity is.

If majority of Christ-cucks read the Bible, they would understand is nothing more than an abomination, masked as "religion".

Yea yea. I'm sure Rabbi Yeshua is so proud of you.