Chapter 23-3

This chapter: [NTR intensifies]

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/fimltv.rar
twitter.com/KinemacINFO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did ACE win yet?

Thanks for the translations!
They inspire me to keep going for Nationals.

That's it for this week. No new chapter this month, but we'll try to get you some specials for the holidays.

Also, if any of you have experience with cleaning or redrawing and want to help out, it would help get chapters out faster.

I want you to know that I notice and appreciate the effort you went through for the font. Good job.

Download link: my.mixtape.moe/fimltv.rar

Kumami is the most complex and deep character ever written.

Doggo a best.

Of course, she's an ACEfag.

So was she planning on literally crushing Dogs head? Bear is fucking insane.

>Bear is fucking insane.
You're somewhat late to notice this

Bear is super intense.

See? NOTHING WRONG
Kumami did nothing wrong

I hope the next bitch obsessed with Agari isn't as crazy and doesn't take as much time. We all know first girl always win, and that ACE always wins.

Thanks for the translations guys, typesetting is top notch as always. Great chapter too.

I knew she was obsessive and sadistic but I didn't think she would try to murder someone over a ping pong game.

It has nothing to do with the match for her anymore. She just wants her A-chan back.

Kumami is actually a pretty deep character. I like how this page foreshadowed this.

What's hinting at? Kohime made the transfer worthwhile? Kumami remembering the fun she had playing a good player and finally getting to experience it with Agari instead of just Kohime?

She was gonna poke her eyes. We narrowly avoided a blind ping pong arc or a Hajime no Ippo ending.

>Kumami remembering the fun she had playing a good player and finally getting to experience it with Agari instead of just Kohime?
That seems likely. She realized that ping pong is tanoshii and she wouldn't have gotten to experience the joys of A-chan's victory face plus the thrill of going all out without Dog's buffs.

The real question is whether or not obtaining GRATITUDE will let her turn the tables. Again.

Probably. Kiruka's talk about flow seems to be hinting at this and Asano did a lot of foreshadowing in this match, with the enhanced smash and all the rest.
At this point it's just a matter of whether Agari can turn the tables once again after Kumami does. It doesn't look like she has another development or friendship flashback in store but who knows, maybe she'll get a chapter focusing on her relation with Kumami from her standpoint before she wins. Chances are slim though.
It'd be more interesting to end with a grateful Kumami that accepted her burden and a smiling Agari despite losing, fueling a new healthy rival relationship instead of this whole bullying mess.

I hope not. Kumami did literally nothing to deserve Agari's friendship, so if the latter loses I'd rather she doesn't go out of character for a "I had fun (despites all the bullying) and I don't care about losing anyway, let's be close friends again".

Kumami didn't directly bully Agari except with the love game declaration, all the other times it was Agari going to cry because she didn't like losing. Now that Agari knows Kumami had been holding back to protect her and if Kumami doesn't go crazy Bear once again (unlikely), she has no reason to think ill of Kumami. After all, Agari only had a beef with Kumami because she transferred.

>Kumami had been holding back to protect her
Yeah, no. She did it because she knew she was going to be a bitch through it. Unlike Koyori, who never held back, won with perfect sportsmanship and became the closest to Agari through their actual pure love for the sport.

>she knew she was going to be a bitch through it
She'd have destroyed her if she kept playing that day. Agari noticed and wanted a rematch because of that. Now the question is, did Agari just want to play a serious Kumami or was it because muh ping pong friendship and muh feelings expressed with the ball.

>She'd have destroyed her if she kept playing that day.
Which is what I mean by being a bitch through it. She made a mistake to prevent another mistake, I literally fail to see how you can spin that as something noble like to "protect her". The other players didn't held back, including likely Kiruka, and we know Ace lost matches to her and there is no enmity at all.

Kumami is just a shitty friend, and winning both the game and Agari's friendship (anything more than, "good game, I won't lose next") would be just undeserved.

Agari was crying literally every time she got slammed by Kumami

Is Kohime going to win the Kumabowl?

And she was enjoying it. I was not talking about her ping pong skills that were obviously better as a born genius at everything, but the complete lack of sportsmanship and being a bad friend. Agari faced better players before, especially since she wasn't even Suzumegahara's Ace until recently.

It's not just losing matches, it's about being number 1. Agari loses to Kiruka sometimes but she's still number 1 more or less. Same for Dog with the bonus of dokidoki tanoshii smash. Kumami stomped her repeatedly to the point she couldn't have fun in their matches and Agari cried every single time instead of focusing on improving and having fun.

Kumami holding back in the first place to protect Agari wasn't a perfect decision, but she had no winning move here. Keep playing at max power and Agari cries everytime for sexual bullying. Hold back and she can repay Agari for caring about her (which her mother didn't), and it makes sense since she didn't think she liked ping pong (she did).

Basically either be the one who makes Agari cry by playing or be guilt-tripped into letting Agari win. She chose the second and at this point, revealing that she had been holding back all the time and shitting on what Agari thought was improvement would have destroyed her even harder than before.

Tldr: Playing Agari seriously would have broken her. Even months later and with Koyori friendship, she was butthurt about losing. That's how bad it'd have been without a Dog power-up.

It took me until today, but I've finally chosen the dark side.
Ganbatte Kuma!

>she had no winning move here
>Let's practice together and improve so we can have fun together
instead of
>I'll crush her with everything and get off from her tears
or
>I'll lie to her and deny our "friendship" of the thing we have in common

Kumami is literally nothing but a terrible friend, even if a result of her stupidity. And don't deserve to be anywhere close to the people who actually supported Agari.

Throwing a tantrum after a loss is worse sportsmanship than getting aroused in inappropriate situations (which doesn't even depend on the person).
And speaking of friendship I don't think Agari showed consideration for Kumami's feelings except for that one time with the juice. She couldn't even tell her she missed playing her but that's the usual tsundere thing I guess.

>Let's practice together and improve so we can have fun together
That's like the first thing she did. Guess the result.
Dog could probably have done that, but Kumami can't inject doki.

>blind ping pong
That actually sounds awesome.

There's no way Agari is content with friendly practice, especially in a club with a straight up ranking chart. Agari wanted a real fight, but she also wanted to win, Kuma couldn't provide both.

Already tried. It's not

>Kiruka didn't do anything about Agari earlier and didn't try to talk to Kumami either
She's the real culprit here. She clearly has a lot of authority but never used it to help.

Until she could crush her due to her initial progress being much faster simply by superior innate talent. Getting overexcited and destroying the weaker player isn't really practice, and doesn't help anyone improving if it won't do the opposite.
If winning is the most important thing, then Kumami winning here will not help her getting closer to Agari. But I'm sure it will have a "I really wanted to play with the real you" ending regardless of the result. But Kumami really need to stay away, her poisonous personality will just cause damage to any partner she has that isn't some other genius on the same level or above her even though Agari can catch up and surpass her with better friends.

>she wasn't even Suzumegahara's Ace until recently.
Only because Ace-senpai was there while she was a first year. That's not really the same as being dominated by someone your own age. Hanabi and Hokuto couldn't touch her and Kiruka was around the same level by the time of last year's tournament despite having a year of training on her.

>That's not really the same as being dominated by someone your own age.
Certainly not, especially one that enjoys humiliating an opponent instead of helping her supposed best friend grow as a player. Especially when Agari had the potential in the first place, as she is effectively tied with Koyori who is stronger than current Kumami.

>Getting overexcited and destroying the weaker player isn't really practice
That's what Agari does. She tried crushing Koyori 8-0, she tried crushing Kumami 10-4 and who knows how she plays Hokuto and Hanabi. No one took it as bad as she did though.

>poisonous personality
That's Agari too.

Yeah I get that Kumami is fucked but only on the inside. she doesn't show it and actively suppresses it. when she does show it she fucking transfers to hide it.
Hard to do better than that

Agari needed 2 training arcs to catch up to Kumami though. She's probably better than current Koyori with that new smash, at least until Koyori asspulls another kill move.

Agari has a self-destructive personality but not a poisonous one. She is just a try hard in serious matches (like one for the spot of Ace from her school), but otherwise she is very supportive towards her friends (even the newbies who can barely play). There is no instance of Agari enjoying the suffering of anyone. Agari wouldn't simply go 100% Agari on Tanpopo if they are practicing together until she is getting close to her in skills.

Koyori said she was better than Kumami though, she wouldn't say that with such conviction if it wasn't true.

She was only talking about the strength of her smash compared to Kumami's speed drive, not their overall skill.

Only attack. Kumami is also Hanabi fast, that's why she does speed drives.

It will be technically true regardless, since she will beat Kohime who is stronger than Kumami if Agari loses. Though she might be weaker than both but have a good match up against Kohime's gimmick.

>Agari wouldn't simply go 100% Agari on Tanpopo
Probably not Tanpopo but it didn't stop her from going 100% competitive against everyone else in the club, including the jobbers. It's not wrong to go for the perfect in, that's what sports are, but Agari insists on the competitive aspect even when it's uncalled for, making her a bit of a bad winner (and a much worse loser, at least until Koyori)

Girl need more chill, maybe she has it now.

Even if it happened, they didn't really show any notable case, it's nowhere near the case of what bear did to her. The whole point was that Kumami was a bad friend to her (it's hard to say otherwise, good friends don't enjoy making their friend cry) and nothing done in this match makes her deserving of getting in the same level of her actual friends in the club, it's just something that was due for a long while which was causing distress to Agari and she was still very unfriendly through the most of it.

Kohime is still a literally who. Kumami doesn't even think about her in Poor ojou. Not sure if she's supposed to be nice or bad.

The point as that both were flawed and had an explosive relationship despite being seemingly good friends. Agari was fixated on winning and being "the ace", which as solved by Koyori's influence. Kumami was obsessive and had vicious inner feelings even though she could contain them. But on top of those feelings she also tried to make up for Agari's fragility which only worked until they were forced to play each other again. As for her inner feelings she finally accepted them likely thanks to Kohime's influence.
Just a really complicated mess until the two girls come out stronger, but that doesn't invalidate the friendship they had outside of their issues.

Kill Koyori

Bear please stop posting and get off Namek.

Next chapter ends it. I'm feeling it this time

Definitely bad. She's part of the Wanko cult, and they've been shown to tear true love apart in order to acquire all of the world's top ping pong players. Or do you really think Koyori just happened to transfer in to the same school as one of the nation's premier up-and-coming ping pongers?

Next chapter will be a timeskip to the nationals one year later, and the result of the match will be left untold

The black haired girl seems to be much more sadistic than Kumami. Hopefully it's not shared with all Wankos.

What will end first, Bear Namek or the 5th place playoff in Saki?

>characters make a lot of cryptic references to the match that could mean it went one way or the other
>matches commentary becomes a bunch of Bear Namek flashbacks and references
>Bear Namek never dies

>the whole tournament concludes in a volume
>series ends on a two volume flashback to the conclusion of this match

Mahjong can last up to 20 years a match, so I'd say Bear Namek, but Saki is about lesbians just like Bear Namek so they should be tied.

Which Ping Pong would win in a mahjong match though?
>Hanabi goes for shitty fast hand and calls on every tile
>ACE scores pinfu tanyao every time because it's the foundation of mahjong
>Hokuto counts all tiles and goes all digital mahjong
>Koyori's power is to make everyone, including her, aim for high hands everytime

Jesus christ calm the fuck down

>they look at your dick

LEWD

Amidst all this drama, Koyori is extremely happy she managed to pick up a table tennis ball. Is there any other character as pure as her

It's just a normal ping pong match when you're just watching and not being emotionally tortured like Agari or Kumami. Even that love game boast wasn't too different from Kururi turning away right after her curved balls.

I'm hoping against hope that we get a season 2 because I really want to see Bear Namek animated. it would be amazing.

twitter.com/KinemacINFO
Kinema Citrus has been tweeting about Shakunetsu for volume 6 and retweeting Asano thanking them for the anime so I'm still hoping.

Lets hope for season 3 so we might see how this match ends.

Bear Namek is the greatest arc in sports manga. It's also not a sports arc so I don't know how this happened but here we are.

Does this mean Ace's charm point is her inner thigh?

>Munemune's charm point is boobs
>ACE's is thighs
>Hokuto has none
What did they mean by this?

Hokuto's charm point is her lips.

Hokuto's charm point is her personality

Hokuto's charm point is her hoku, hoku.

That's Kumami's charm point.

We need a slow healing/SOL arc after this match, it's been really tense. Maybe this way S2 can end on a comfy training arc again.

Kumami is proof even the shitty yandere trope can be done correctly. She's surprisingly grounded for someone this insane and her contradictions are legit. And sure it's not that subtle to have her directly narrate her flashback mid-match but it works really well for some reason. Best character hands down.

I want Agari and Koyori symmetrical docking now. Wait, was Koyori always suppose to be small? I thought she was at least B Cup.