Why do people act like Sailor Moon is the very best magical girl series?

Never really understood the appeal of Sailor Moon. Tried watching it, couldn't get past the first 20 episodes without getting fed up over Usagi either being a whiny cunt like she always is or being a weak pussy ass bitch that can't so much as throw her headband at a villain and she always somehow manages to win because...how again?
She's honestly over-powered and Mary Sue asf. And hearing that her daughter manages to get in later on the show and doubles the amount of whiny cunt coverage shown in the show, I'm pretty sure i'm abstaining myself from watching the other seasons.
I just hate seeing SJW and basic tumblr bitches crooning over the show going on with how great and adorable it is, and how it somehow manages to teach "good morals". I hate seeing those Usagi pfps tumblr and instagram weeaboo girls use and I hate really anything much to do with the magical girl fanbase in general seeing as how these girls take up the majority of it. It's saddening, seeing as to how I'm a lover of the genre yet find the fanbase absolutely impossible of associating with. It's safe to say, Sailor Moon is on the verge of ruining my life. Please help

Listen here you fucking faggot...

You are a faggot.

I tried reading your post but it just kept getting worse with every new sentence. Then I skipped over a few lines and saw "SJW", "tumblr", "instagram", and then I stopped.
Basically, you are a faggot and you should fuck off.

>whiny cunt
If anything, you should relate to her. Fuck off with that salty blogging.

Fuck Off Sup Forums faggot nigger

Everybody thinks Cardcaptor Sakura is the best, and they are right.

THICC

The SM franchise is the single most well known magical girl series internationally.

It’s akin to most entry level viewers claiming DragonBall(Z) the greatest anime of all time so of course you’re gonna get waves of people hailing it as the best.

Getting mad at this fact is pointless.

So I'm starting Super S, and why does it feel like a significant downgrade from S?

>Never really understood the appeal of Sailor Moon
>I'm a lover of the genre
Doubt.
Not that the show is perfect or everyone's favourite, but if you can't see what people like about the show then I don't believe you're a mahou shoujo fan.
Also try not going to Tumblr and reading shit from people you hate. You're dumber than Usagi.

this
and also

Alright then normfag cunt. Instead of sitting there spewing shit, why don't you give me FACTUAL reasons for why fapping for Sailor Moon should be a requisite for appreciating the mahou shoujo genre as a whole? Because right now, you sound like any other autistic SM fangirl throwing a hissyfit

I literally said you didn't actually have to like the show itself you illiterate, just that the appeal should be obvious to anyone that actually likes the genre.

The only reason people ever seem to give for liking the show is for the sake of nostalgia value and that's all. Too bad autists like you can't understand that that alone isn't enough reason to say an anime series is worth being considered good.

>sailor moon has some serious flaws and it's status is undeserving
>UHHHHHH GET OUT FAGGOT NO ONE LIKES YOU, DUMB NIGGER

Not that guy but I watched it last year. I disliked the main story/plot, but the slice of life stuff was really fun. I suppose people like it for that and the pretty girls.

It is a shojo, so it is for little girls to start with, the five season is pretty cool, you can skip the other seasons and watch only season 5.

The animation and art is really nice.

Those were the days when everything was hand-drawn, and not CG shit. Compare it to Crystal and the difference is stark.

You need the setup, and there's some great moments in the original, R and especially S.

Oh god that looks even worse than I thought.

This. Sailor Moon is for basic bitches to pretend they like anime.

You'll never wake up to this.

So much cuter on the left. And jesus that top right shot. What the fuck is wrong with her head?

>pretend they like anime
Kill yourself, Sup Forums-tard.

Mahou shoujo is categorically shit, at least this one has some cool Ikuhara stuff from time to time

t. has watched sailor moon season 1 and that's it along with dbz and maybe death note

I like how OP is a salty fuck that will reply to any comment.

This is not your blog, OP you whiny shit. Reply guaranteed.

Was that the one where all the monsters of the week started getting really lewd?
Man, That was amazing but a really stark change, I wonder what brought that on.

It's the one with the carnival freakshow villains and the pegasus unicorn. At least so far. And it does feel very different from the last three seasons.

>anyone I don't agree with is OP
>m-maybe if I say someone will respond to this I can say I was right and that they're OP!
How's your first time on Sup Forums?

Is the original Sailor Moon the most aesthetic show ever?

Proved my point. Stay salty, OP.
reply guaranteed

I've seen over 600 anime, crossboarding faggot.

Mahou shoujo was never good.

It had all characters have different sets of clothing which made it more fashionable for it's time, which is great. Gave them more character.

Also those characters had considerable depth and development across the series. You could grow to like and even in some cases love them, flaws and all.

I am not OP, but I, too, dropped Sailor Moon after less than twenty episodes. I just got bored with it, and Usagi's wimpiness really starts to get annoying after it's thrust in your face for the hundredth time.

>expressing your thoughts about an anime series you don’t like is blogging
Fuck off.

>what is Cardcaptor Sakura

I actually felt the opposite of OP
I've really, really been liking Sailor Moon on my first watch so far, but now that I'm a bit after Venus's introduction I'm starting to wish that the show had just been Usagi for a bit longer
The show was a lot more comfy when it was just Usagi dicking around flubbing her way through monster of the week shit and gradually getting better at her job
Compare that to later on when you have 5 characters competing for screentime in every episode/every fight and that feeling is totally gone
This is partially what ruins Venus for me as a character because I'm totally into her conceptually but she's just the latest symptom of this problem.

Kill yourself faggot

The maximum comfy is the five of them working off one another. The chemistry between Usagi, Ami, Rei, Makoto and Minako is probably one of the biggest highlights of Sailor Moon in general.