ITT: anime that aged like milk

ITT: anime that aged like milk

nice rec thread

Milky Holmes

it aged like my milk

>hey guys can you recommend me some anime that haven't aged well at all
Retard

>rec threads for anime I don't want to watch
Yeah that makes sense. I've already watched all I wanted to and completed my backlog. I don't need the shitty reccs of people with 30 complete series.

>image unrelated

What aged badly about Azumanga?

Nothing because it was never good to begin with

this

This thread clearly demonstrates the current state of Sup Forums.

>hating Azumanga Daioh

>hate

>muh generic series is good because oldfags
Fuck off. Azumanga is not even the best SoL from that era.

I don't hate milk

It's slow and the art style isn't cute enough

>HARO EVURYNYAN
>OH MY GAH

Azumanga aged pretty well compared to other SOL anime of that time
>Digital coloring that doesn't look like shit
>Animation is good for a comedy show
>Characters desings still look good
>The comedy and characters hold up

cuteness is overrated.

What gave that early 2000's anime that kind of distinctive, cloudy look? Some kind of color processing effect everyone used?

I cant even imagine what the difference is now in production...is it all CG?

Dumb thread.

The first 3 seconds of the OP is the only noteworthy part of the show.

Eureka seven is unwatchable today. Its just bizarre when you look at it and think
>why are giant humanoid robots surfboarding in the sky?
and you realize its just a glorified toy commercial.

You mean like fine wine.
There was no other SoL at that time, ultra faggot underage.

Japs were still getting used to digital

>Eureka seven is unwatchable today
Shit taste
>just a glorified toy commercial
Just like every mecha show ever.

Pic related came out 5 years earlier. Who's the ultra faggot now?

Why can they never make a SoL show taking place in a foreign country? Small town NA or Europe would be comfy af.

The accompanying image is a visual representation of the original poster.

There's no bird shit over my face man.

Fist of the Shit Star. Terrible choppy animation, off-model art, cheesy music, low-resolution, generic story and characters.

>posts one of the few Toei shows that actually has shading
Man, you don't know how much worse Toei could have been. But Toei shows are always shoestring as fuck.

>cheesy music
Shit tastes.

I'm sure if you dig hard enough you could find something.

>cheesy music
Are you even serious.

>the current state of Sup Forums
Fuck off crossboarder.

Nice try but I see past your tricks

You're favorite show.

>cheesy music
I'll fucking kill you

Fuck off MAL reject

Mon musu aged like shit.
>Got all the monster girl fans hyped that would eventually go on to rape Sup Forums
>not even a month after episode 10 the fan base completely died out
>the only fans that remain are fur fags that obsess over Polt, and horse fuckers that like Centauria

moron

i actually agree with this, sadly

Are there still regular threads? I remember one really terrible one a couple weeks ago, but I haven't seen them since.

I agree with everything you said except the music.

Cerea was the best girl in that series but not best enough to warrant posting monmusu threads now.

Truth.

That's the fandom aging poorly not the show.

This is now a azumanga bread.

was this drawn by 5 year-olds?

Show only really age badly if:

1) They were based on something that was important in the age it was made but is no longer important. An example would be shows about environmentalism in the 80's that no longer resonate with people today as those issues are no longer as important.

2) Whatever made them unique was used in so many other shows that these shows become a generic show. Examples are Sailor Moon and Evangelion which were groundbreaking when they were made but now are generic shows as so many other shows stole their formula.

Almost every anime is a fucking commercial for the source material my dude

>examples being
Azumanga Daioh fits that

Not really. Some anime are actually a joy to watch

Why can't they be both?

>eva ever being generic

It's not derogatory.

I bet you liked Lucky Star

For a while afterwards there were a lot similar that kind of did devalue EVA if you were a mecha fan in that era

But EVA is not a mecha. EVA is a wish-fulfilment chuuni harem series with robot's being a metaphor.

I don't. In fact that's another show that could be added to the list of shows that aged horribly.

SoL had existed for decades, but it was the first CGDCT (supposedly except Kokoro Toshokan, which came out a few months before, but that one's supposedly bad so Azumanga was the first good one, but I haven't seen it and it may even be of a iyashikei lineage rather than a comedy lineage and in my opinion iyashikei aren't "proper" CGDCT but maybe it is comedy, I can't know without having seen it)

That's just the effect of animeonlys on a franchise discussed on Sup Forums (see: Jojo), not what OP asked.

at least this once is funny, a lot of show of these types are just boring

>this one is funny
Hardly.

shoo

t. literal retard

Silly gaijin like you wouldn't understand Japanese humor folded over 1000 times

there's hardly any actual comedy in it though, it's mostly sol.

Honestly I only read the manga and haven't gotten around to the anime yet, but the manga is funny as shit.

ITT: OPs that aged like milk

MonMusu has permanent generals on like 4 other boards. We dont need their cancer on Sup Forums as well.

Yes. I enjoyed the manga too. I have no issues with the manga.

There's a lot of wish-fulfilment chuuni harem series, some of which do have mecha. So Eva isn't as unique as it once was.

>there's a lot
There's EVA though

isn't that just the little house on the prairie ?

There were quite a few of them in the 70s and 80s, mostly adapted from various books.

retard

The style looks like it's from deviantArt.

It makes no sense to have the text inside the parenthesis longer than the actual post

Gasaraki is great but it's a totally different show and doesn't devalue Eva at all

Pani Poni Dash
The art is fine but it's worse for old references that no one will get anymore than Lucky Star and some of the jokes are so fucking Japanese that they make no sense what so ever without context.

>environmentalism no longer important
Citation definitely needed.

Back to the topic: Lucky Star definitely aged terribly, being as it was a Kadokawa commercial back when Haruhi was still the hottest property out there. Still fun to watch though.

I will admit the animation sucks, but it's 100% faithful to the manga. The music is great too. OP has shit taste.

I'm just glad OP didn't claim K-On was the first.

>like milk

>hating a classic

I'm not agreeing with him, but a show that was considered good because it had little competition in its genre at the time is exactly the kind of show that would age poorly. You have to compare it to everything that's available today and see if it still holds up.

I mean, I just watched Lucky Star a few weeks ago for the first time. Sure, it's mostly referential humor, but there are a number of jokes that are much still relevant today. I laughed my ass off the entire time I watched it.

>but it was the first CGDCT

I thought that was Fun Fun Pharamacy.

>CGDCT

Copper Gold Dash Carrot Top?

>it's good
Why?
>it's classic

>it's 100% faithful to the manga
Except for the part where they managed to ruin dozens of great jokes by dragging them out fucking forever.

>Watch 13 years worth of Cute Girl shows
>Watch the one that inspired them all
>Hey, this is really generic, WTF?