>Get mad
>Decide to actually research science in an attempt to disprove it
>Start with Big Bang
>Come to realize that the Big bang had to have happened
>Resign to believe that God created the Big Bang
>Look at Evolution next
>Realize that it's an undeniable fact as well
>Steadily lose hope, don't want to be a Fedora fag
>Eventually realize that my Religion is is just one of 1000s and there's nothing special about it
>realize that the universe is a chaotic mess and we're probably just a fluke

I'm scared Sup Forums, I don't want to lose my faith, I've been praying but I just feel empty now.

Attached: AAAAA.jpg (482x427, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître
youtube.com/watch?v=eXIbjGYY0cc
al-islam.org/greater-sins-volume-2-ayatullah-sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/seventeenth-greater-sin-lying
youtu.be/kBqetHrRVGM
youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welcome to reality cunt.

Remeber, true or not, Christianity is the only moral system. Don’t fall for the memes about it being weak, true traditional Christianity embraced masculinity

are the other religions not moral systems?

this

Attached: 70e.jpg (567x565, 28K)

get your shit together anglo! God is real! stop looking for evidence and start believing!

Religions value lies in its ability propogate functional families. Say what you want about Mormons, Jews, exclusive brethren, Amish etc, but look at the stars and you'll find robust family structures that allow their kids to excel in business, law, medicine etc

*Stats

>The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you
-Werner Heisenberg

Who do you think discovered the Big Bang ? A priest named George Lemaitre. He died a faithful Christian

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

The ultimate red pill is that religion is bull but humans need religion.

>insane literalist prots
You know Catholics don't deny evolution or muh big bang?

I'm haven't stopped believing that Christianity is a moral system, I just don't know if the christian God exists now.

forgot pic

Attached: FB_IMG_15212236702971.jpg (709x594, 78K)

I believe you are stupid, no evidence needed

religion is just a way to control the masses

someone linked youtube.com/watch?v=eXIbjGYY0cc in a thread the other day and I can honestly say my christian beliefs took a hit

Becoming redpilled on the JQ is what made me a Christian

The goal of every religion is transcendence, not establishing a "moral system". If anything, they reject morality as a false idol.

You don't have to be a fedorafag, just don't believe in it

>my faith was easily defeated by looking at the big bang and evolution!
The Church has already accepted evolution
and the Big Bang is not the beginning of all existence, that matter too came from somewhere else

The greatest civilizations that have ever existed were expressly Christian. Only recently in the wake of atheism and blatant anti-Christian sentiments in public and the media have we seen the strings of society unravel. It may or may not be metaphysically true, but it true in practice and in allegory.

Haha

>> “People take it for granted that the physical world is both ordered and intelligible. The underlying order in nature-the laws of physics-are simply accepted as given, as brute facts. Nobody asks where they came from; at least they do not do so in polite company. However, even the most atheistic scientist accepts as an act of faith that the universe is not absurd, that there is a rational basis to physical existence manifested as law-like order in nature that is at least partly comprehensible to us. So science can proceed only if the scientist adopts an essentially theological worldview.”

>> “There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all. . . It seems as though somebody has fine tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe. . . The impression of design is overwhelming.”
–Paul Davies

>> “The ghostly presence of virtual particles defies rational common sense and is nonintuitive for those unacquainted with physics. Religious belief in God, and Christian belief that God became Man around two thousand years ago, may seem strange to common-sense thinking. But when the most elementary physical things behave in this way, we should be prepared to accept that the deepest aspects of our existence go beyond our common-sense intuitions.”
- Tony Hewish

>> “Amazing fine tuning occurs in the laws that make this [complexity] possible. Realization of the complexity of what is accomplished makes it very difficult not to use the word ‘miraculous’ without taking a stand as to the ontological status of the word.”
- George Ellis

It's very difficult to delve into physical sciences without uncovering occurrences that lead to deeper questions, the implications of which support the existence of both a creator, and a purpose.

Welcome to Sup Forums, where atheists find religion and the religious people lose theirs.

Just be a conservative Christian. You don't have to believe 100% God exists.
I was an atheist then became a Christian, I realised it's better to have an open mind about god rather than believe in nothing.
If god doesn't exist you die and nothing happens, but of he's real then you end up in heaven, point is don't get to hung up on it.

Retard.
Even the catholic church accepts evolution, there is nothing wrong with believing in both.

Yes. It is. And for the best. Masses need something to tame them otherwise you get shitholes. Christianity has the best track record for flourishing societies, you fucking hippie.

literal believe in an ancient holy text of course gets you nowhere. but a 100% atheistic world view is equally untenable
think of holy scriptures as a metaphor
it takes me usually only a few sentences to plant the seed of doubt into the most devoted atheist:
>be me, asking: do you believe in a materialistic world view?
yes...
>do you have a consciousness, do you have subjective experience only accessible to you, profoundly different from an objective world?
>yes
but said phenomenon is a product of the physical world, your brain, within certain spacial and temporal limtis?
>yes
could other physical structures than your own brain also experience consciousness? animals? computers?
>yes
then could physical structures MORE complex and on different, possibly infinity, spacial and temporal frames, also have a conscious component?
>well...

You can always pull the ol' "If there are infinitely many universes is it possible that an omnipotent God exists in one of them and has influence over all of them as a result?"

“a little knowledge of science makes you an atheist; in-depth knowledge of science makes you believe in God”
Go deeper

Attached: 1498335031694.jpg (680x693, 140K)

realize that even if its fake its still a good way to live by,dont become a nihilistic hedonist

dont go through the fedora phase either,you will cringe when you look back

>literal believe in an ancient holy text of course gets you nowhere
>what are the vedas 101
>tibetan book of the dead
>babylonian prophecies

Attached: 1401539070299.jpg (271x288, 10K)

it can be quite disheartening, but keep your chin up. "we're probably just a fluke" is just your nihilism talking, we have absolutely no idea why were here and why any of this is happening. For all we know everything could be up for grabs

>Just be a conservative Christian. You don't have to believe 100% God exists.
Thats not how it works you fool

Modern Christian interpretation of evolution isn't that it didn't happen. It is that micro evolution exists (variation within a species), but macro evolution doesn't. The Christan interpretation is also is that the traits in the evolution of a species aren't randomly created, but designed by God to allow creatures to adapt to their environment.

And what created big bang?
Have you read the Bible?
Remember the world creation?
Day is passing of time in Hebrew. It could easily be 100 million years.
Evolution is a theory, a bad one at that. There are no fossils that show so called change between monkey and a man.
For some reason everyone disregards that fact.

>what is "treat your neighbor as yourself"

its literally the whole of the law m8. if thats not a moral system i don't know what is

basically

You could always leave the metaphysical questions open/unanswered, and just embrace Christianity as both a philosophy and a discipline/ritual.

OP are you blind?
Yes you studied science, but not enough!
>Realize that it's an undeniable fact as well
That's not true, evolution remains a theory and is nos adopted by all scientist. Besides evolution don't reject the existence of a Creator.

You can't be further from the truth. Everything in the universe is arranged and respect laws. Even chance doesn't exist, even randomness too. Everything is subject to the universe's laws.

The existence of a Creator makes no doubt. Don't be fooled by the ones that rejects Him.

You're not fooling anyone you edgy faggot

Attached: unnamed.jpg (336x437, 20K)

I know that you're reffering to my post.
So tell me, what is the path to transcendence? Why is it present in every religious tradition?

Seek out the pagan roots that were adopted by the early church. And keep in mind that science and religion coexist, it's not a zero sum game.

Look man, I'm an atheist, but even I know you won't find God through rational/logical means.
Faith is exactly that... Faith.
If you believe in God, that's faith, and where science contradicts (((the religion))) of Christianity, you can either accept that the religion is wrong or you can fall back on your faith and accept that you can't know everything.
Personally, I am unwilling to accept faith as a mode of thinking, that's my story, but if you can accept it, then just rely on that. I hope your faith is rewarded, but living without God isn't that bad, I don't even think on it much anymore. Just don't be a faggot fedora.

>if the kike on a stick is a lie then there's no god XD

Atheists, gentlemen

>Start with Big Bang
>theorized by georges lemaitre, catholic priest

Stop believing dogmatic Christianity then...

There is room for faith in God, Christian values and belief in scientific principles.

that is a non sequitur. all i am claiming is that its also a moral system. I can't tell you the path to transcendence and i seriously doubt if anyone on earth has ever known.

>Evolution is an undeniable fact

Attached: 242432342342.png (645x729, 31K)

user, I'm agnostic, but watch YouTube "occult science" series. Might reignite your faith. Don't give up yet.

Fucking read Chesterton or any half intelligent Christian author from the modern era who has found ways to deal
with this quit whining on here

Nothing in the bible discredits the idea of the big bang, OP, nor evolution. Evolution is just change in and among species over time. The bible regularly depicts God separating nations and peoples, and the differences that grew in their (collective) hearts.
>Eventually realize that my Religion is is just one of 1000s and there's nothing special about it
Not all religions are the same, OP. The bible has been printed and translated more than any other text in history, and directly calls out the other Abrahamic religions on twisting God's word. Take the big three: Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

Judaism: Lying is a sin, except to the goyim, where it is both just and necessary.

Islam: Lying is a sin, unless it may further God's will.

Christianity: Lying is a sin.

The universe is actually incredibly ordered. From micro structures bearing striking resemblance to actual galaxies to patterns existing in...well, patterns existing at all kind of ruins the whole "everything is just random chaos" argument. If everything, literally everything is/was formed on a foundation of random chaos, then science itself would be impossible, since there'd be no reason for repeated acts to produce similar results. The very nature of science is predicated on some form of order reigning overall. Giving in to nihilism isn't scientific, it's hopelessness. If nothing matters, why do these self-proclaimed nihilists eat? Doesn't not eating have the same value as eating? What does their hunger matter?
You came seeking for proof of God, which means you have a will in your heart to find the truth. According to the bible, that will can't be there if it isn't meant to be. The desire to find God is itself God pulling at your heart.

Here's my advice: try closing your eyes, and telling God you believe, even if you don't mean it. Call to Him and ask not for proof, but offer to give yourself to Him.

As a man with a physics BS and Christian faith I have not found a severe conflict in my studies with that of God and my faith. Yes, the Bible is dated, particularly the Old Testament which is much more metaphorical - God created all life on this planet, and man named them, but it didn’t happen instantaneously. Man arose in God’s image, but it was a process of evolution that got us here. That does not mean that God doesn’t exist, it just means that God wasn’t as much an interventionist as we perceived. It’s impossible in my eyes that such an amazingly complex and chaotic universe we live in does not have some sort of divine influence, an art to the madness that hold everything together. Repeating patterns of chaos in the cosmos and life is almost assuredly in my eyes a proof of the divine, as it is impossible to explain other than having been intelligently designed to behave in that manner.

You never really read the bible did you ?
By the looks of it you never had any faith to begin with .

>it's also a moral system
Ok, tell me was the genocide of Darvidians in India by the Aryans "moral"?
>I can't tell you the path to transcendence and i seriously doubt if anyone on earth has ever known.
>who is Ernst Junger
>traditional texts

Attached: tumblr_nrl2v9gT7L1uy44tko1_1280.jpg (826x353, 16K)

>Islam: Lying is a sin, unless it may further God's will.
>Christianity: Lying is a sin.
So aren't you sinning there christian bro?
al-islam.org/greater-sins-volume-2-ayatullah-sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/seventeenth-greater-sin-lying

My religious catholic grandma teached me evolution before school, she always said the bible wasn't and shouldn't be taken literally. Only idiots do that.

youtu.be/kBqetHrRVGM

It's called FAITH for a reason. You chink...

Also the globalists worship Satan and sacrifice to molech and now worship a AI construct demigod.... and you pretend your big bang and science have ANY creedence.... grow up.... dump religion and get a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ the Enemy of the globalist

Heres what really happened. A long long time ago all the material in the universe used to be part of one supermassive solar system. The universe only had one supermassive solar system. One giant sun and a few giant planets. And on these few giant planets god and satan lived. God ruled his own world and satan ruled his own world. God let his people be free. And in return they loved him. Satan enslaved his people and they were angry. One day god learned how to travel through space. And he went to satans world. He didnt like what he saw. He promised satans people freedom if they came with him. And satans people rejoiced. But satan got angry. And he blew up the supermassive sun and all the planets. This turned both god and satan into dust and this dust spread throughout the universe and made life.

You're approaching an interesting crossroad here user. At this point, you can either give up and resign yourself to impending nihilism, or you can rise above and delve deeply into philosophy. Recognize not only Man's place in the universe but your's as well. The world with which we exist is a world of impressions. These impressions are generated ultimately by our senses, including the less-known senses of the mind. Imannuel Kant, a great philosopher but a terribly difficult read, described these senses as the "categories of thought", and it is from these categories that our entire world is generated within us. This world of sensory information pulled from unknowable stimuli is that of the phenomenal. This phenomenal world exists only because you exist. Without you to experience this world, then it may as well not exist. The same goes for each of us who is aware of the world around them and the nature of it. The noumenal world, the world where the stimuli exist that our senses interpret to make the phenomenal, is ultimately unknowable to us due to the nature of our senses and what we can say about the world generated through those senses.
Just because you're learning about things such as the Big Bang, evolution, or any other causality-linked thing, doesn't mean that there isn't some cosmic truth that we are in an eternal search for. All it means is that you now understand more about our phenomenal world that we live in. You understand an aspect of causality, which is one of the categories of thought. Any questions of what came before or what exists beyond are necessarily of the noumenal world. The origin of the big bang must stem from within the noumenal world, otherwise, we would have some ability to perceive the noumenal, which would make it the phenomenal instead.
The Republic -> Meditation on First Philosophy -> A Treatise of Human Nature - > A Critique of Pure Reason
Read these to start your journey into understanding.

Attached: 1502143648697.jpg (207x310, 15K)

>believing anyone has ever transcended
okay, pal

also, just because its a moral system doesn't mean that nobody has ever taken advantage of it or always follows the morals.

i am inclined to think youre a dumbass

Attached: download (7).jpg (225x225, 6K)

Someone wrote the code dude... and every once in a while that someone decides to hop into his creation and fuck around with us, try and throw some new philosophical shit at us to see what happens. Don't worry, we're due for a clean-up here soon. The big wiping is coming.

Attached: 1516287896812.jpg (722x349, 37K)

>being blindly dogmatic is "masculine"

kek, no wonder you trumpcucks cant get it up for women. SAD

>god is real

The real redpilll is acknowledging there is no God but Christianity is important for society

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Are there Protestant sects in Brazil or is it primarily Catholic? What percentage of the population is religious?

>Resign to believe that God created the Big Bang
That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. That you know how creation works, doesn't mean you know how Creator does.
Is watchmaker fully known by watches he creates? No, because he is more than his creation. But by his creation, existence of creator can be known.
If Big Bang truly happened, it required a cause. Even if there could be assigned "law of Big Bang", it would still require thing that moved it. Because natural order follows laws, but is not put in motion by laws.
Where is the thing that caused Big Bang? If it is in natural order, then it too must require a cause. The chain of causality would go on endlessly and that cannot be empirically proven.
If the cause is outside the natural order, then it is either God or isn't. Both cannot be empirically proven.
Thus would seem that God is merely probable from this line of thought. But, full Truth is found when Bible is considered. And what Bible tells?
"what is seen was made out of things which do not appear"
Hebrews 11,3
So anyone who is telling that supernatural first cause isn't God, or that chain of causality is endless, relies only on his knowledge. And anyone who tells that it is God, relies not only on his assertion, but that of st. Paul, who, unfamiliar with modern knowledge, tells the same that can be from modern knowledge derived.
It flows naturally then, that if God exists and has power to grant wisdom, he would grant it to Paul, to write exactly that.

8 Indra in battles help his Aryan worshipper, he who hath hundred helps at hand in every fray, in frays that win the light of heaven.
Plaguing the lawless he gave up to Manu's seed the dusky skin;
RV 1-130
1. SING, with oblation, praise to him who maketh glad, who with Rjisvan drove the dusky brood away.
Fain for help, him the strong whose right hand wields the bolt, him girt by Maruts we invoke to be our Friend.
RV 1-101
12 For Kutsa, with thy thousand, thou at day-break didst hurl down greedy Susna, foe of harvest. Quickly with Kutsa's friend destroy the Dasyus, and roll the chariot-wheel of Sarya near us.
13 Thou to the son of Vidathin, Rjisvan, gavest up mighty Mrgaya and Pipru.
Thou smotest down the swarthy fifty thousand, and rentest forts as age consumes a garment.
14 What time thou settest near the Sun thy body, thy form, Immortal One, is seen expanding:
Thou a wild elephant with might invested. like a dread lion as thou wieldest weapons.
RV 4-016
5 O'er Sire and Mother they have roared in unison bright with the verse of praise, burning up riteless men,
Blowing away with supernatural might from earth and from the heavens the swarthy skin which Indra hates.
6 Those which, as guides of song and counsellors of speed, were manifested from their ancient dwelling place,-
From these the eyeless and the deaf have turned aside: the wicked travel not the pathway of the Law.
RV 9-073
1. ACTIVE and bright have they come forth, impetuous in speed like bulls, Driving the black skin far away.
2 Quelling the riteless Dasyu, may we think upon the bridge of bliss, Leaving the bridge of woe behind.
RV 9-041
4 With him too is this rain of his that comes like herds: Indra throws drops of moisture on his yellow beard.
RV 10-023
Does this sound moral to you?
Also, yes, people have transcended. Foolish to think otherwise

This.
Bible makes countless references to false religions and idols, creations of human mind.

morality is largely relative.

you could cherry pick passages from any religious book and find things that are arguably immoral from a modern western perspective

Exactly, it is just that, a useless tool by the modern man. A false idol, and a gross worldview.

Fuck off you kraut cunt

well its interesting we agree then.

cheers m8

>there's nothing special about it
GTFO
Joseph Cambell would be disappoint.

Attached: Jesus.jpg (900x900, 99K)

>Be me
>Kind of believe in God
>Start becoming interested in science
>See all these beautiful things and science explaining them all
>Lol there is no God. Yeh science bitch
>Continue science
>See all these beautiful things and science explaining them all
>Dawns on me just how beautiful it is
>Realise what an idiot I was to ever think this all happened by chance. How infinitesimally small the chance is that everything happened leading up to a single cell, let alone everything after
>Truely realise that God's creations are beautiful

Saw a saying somewhere that when you begin down the path of science you lose God but by the end you find him. I now know what it meant.

>False idol
Yes. It is indeed but texts for the profane, ignorant man who cannot search for truth in the world. The truth is a higher, morally just thing to quest for, what we should seek at each turn. Accept not the answer of others without question, but seek what can be justified as true, if you cannot explain a belief you hold then why hold it at all? The true God is simply truth in itself; think not of God as a being, but as the quest for answers. If you find them, at the end, you shall be that God, in concept at least. This is the reason for our sciences, for all our striving. Take all knowledge you can from everything and fear not truth. Only heretics fear the truth.
>Stop meme flagging.

Have a poorly worded & structured post by a atheist:

Welcome to existence.

It doesn't make sense in a way we can understand it. People in the past didn't think long enough about it & instead invented a excuse for all they did not know about. Nowadays, we just accept the fact we cannot know some things & keep looking for answers in other things.

Existence has been around for way longer than humans. The "human god" is a obvious fallacy. There's simply been so much time that through trial & error systems have developed themselves. Obviously things that didn't work didn't stick around for so long -> Evolution.

Why are the "laws" of physics the way they are? Why "is" gravity? These things that govern this universe's existence are currently without possible answers. We just have to accept them as they are. Have faith in them. This "scientific faith" a few other anons have mentioned is what people are using as excuse to believe in some higher form of intelligence. "God" so to speak.

To me, something eternal means something with a beginning but without a end. So if "god" is eternal, what began "god"? What is the source of the source? Why does existence exist? We don't know, we probably won't know & some wussies needed to invent something & skip a few steps (tho' back in the days they didn't quite think as far as some of our modern philosophers did) to reassure themselves & move on with their life.

Science & philosophy are tightly tied together. I suggest you read up on some. The allegory of the cave by Plato is a good start to understand the differences in points of view, even if it doesn't treat the subject of religion or science in particular. (It's just one of the things I remember best I guess)

I personally like this take on nihilism youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14. Do what you will with it.