Am I the only one here that think HxH is kinda overrated

I have read most of the chapters (some chapters skimmed though) and it really didn't live up to what people hyped. I mean , the characters try act smart in their fights , but they also have many generic strong powerhouse guys like that one from the spider organisation and one from the chimera ant. Also , kinda not like how Gon was supposed to sacrifice the nen that he had for power ..... and then got it back because the author invented a new character that can bring back his nen power. The chimera ant has a meaning where the ant king learnt about human and choose to live like a human. But damn , sometimes the fanbase act like the chimera ant is the secret of universes. Not to mention that Meruem is pretty much an alpha version of Cell from Dragonball.

TL;DR : HxH is a average manga but the fanbase is very biased and glorified it too much sometimes like it's the masterpiece of literature , while I think there are some shonen mangas that are better than HxH

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/news/201712/04147304.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice post taken from reddit.

I can't believe I actually read all of you bullshit.

I think it's adequately rated. A majority will say it's the best battle shounen and they're right

>and then got it back
Except he didn't.

The Yorkshin arc is a masterpiece though

*an actually good version of cell from dragon ball

Let's be honest, yes it isn't the best thing ever, but as far as long running shounen action adventure series goes there are few that hold a candle next to it. What is more impressive is that the 2011 anime adaption had enough people to care for it to remain high quality throughout, something any long running shounen that could come close to hxh doesn't have.

>HxH is average
It's supposed to be average. But it's actually way above average because manga is such a childish medium. So you think what you just saw of as something that all other series should strife to be as. But the thing is it's actually one of the few that does it this well. Just like One Piece. It's supposed to be just a silly parody but it's much bette than most in its genre

>but they also have many generic strong powerhouse guys like that one from the spider organisation and one from the chimera ant.
so 2 out of what, like 50+? It'd makes perfect sense for there to be bruteforce characters too... not sure what the critism is here.

>Gon was supposed to sacrifice the nen that he had for power ..... and then got it back because the author invented a new character that can bring back his nen power
He only gets his life back, it's unconfirmed wheter or not he'll be able to use his nen again, but the current news in the manga is that he can't utilise it currently, although it is passively there.

>the author invented a new character
Obviously wasn't fleshed out, but there was a "mystery" sibling which was shown on fairly early in the series iirc.

I honestly believe HxH is the best shonen out there, OP has had better consistant world building, but it's not exactly a fair comparison due the to lengths, and it's not something HxH is lacking in, infact I'd say it's better than most. I also think it has strong merit as a story outside of shonen, and manga all together.

I'm glad we could all agree on this!

saged

>HxH is average
It is good. Not perfect, of course, but way above the average.

>there are some shonen mangas that are better than HxH
Name at least five.

THIS

only 2011 is overrated

Gintama
Attack on Titan
SAO
FMA
One Piece

>retard doesn't realize you can't sage on Sup Forums

I agree that it's not a masterpiece but calling it average is fucking ridiculous when the vast majority of manga are literally unreadable garbage
literally the only manga/anime that even hold a candle to hxh are in the top 1% of the top 1% of quality

>Gintama
Now now

Yu Yu Hakasho is better

In some ways yeah. The writing in YYH is definitely a lot sloppier though

Uh no. YYH just mainly focuses on fighting and lacks depth outside of that. 2 of the major arcs are tournament arcs and there's only one that feels anything mature like HxH (Black Chapter).

HXH has arc variety. the theme and emotive behind every arc is different. HXH also has better problem solving and mind games. These 2 concepts are either non existent or severaly lacking in YYH.

I hear everyone hype up the writing but does the show actually address any themes or have any open questions or social commentary?
I kind of feels just like a basic battle shonen

What are the different themes and motifs for each arc?

>social commentary
Anyone can comment on society. It's not a hard task.

Its no hard to do, but its hard to do well. What was the commentary in HxH?

>its
Come back when you're 18.

You're dodging the question pretty hard.

You put it in the wrong field, pal.

You're dodging your age pretty hard

OP is either a literal retard or a speed reader. togashit may be a hack faking back pain in order to avoid doing any actual work but he is a solid writer. the first arc is solid and sets the stage although it makes people think that that hxh is just another generic shonen.one good thing about this arc is that it shows just how morally gray the characters and world are. every arc after that and not including greed island has major themes. actually you can argue that the theme of greed island is greed/redemption. the themes in greed island are less obvious and its one where you have to unironically think about it. you should read the manga if you havent. its very good

>taking the bait

you would know wouldn't you user?

You gave me one theme of greed/redemption and that's an incredibly one dimensional theme

its my favorite manga and i love talking about it.

well i said all i will if you wont read it for yourself i cant really do anything to change your opinion

You could always watch/read it yourself and look for themes

there's all sorts of trust / betrayal / revenge / wartime / morally ambiguous shit. There really isn't even all that much fighting in this series compared to other battle shounen

>he first arc is solid and sets the stage although it makes people think that that hxh is just another generic shonen
>you should read the manga if you havent
Nigger you should actually take your own advice because only a 2011fag would even think the first arc was generic.

>first arc is solid and sets the stage although it makes people think that that hxh is just another generic shonen
>although it makes people think that that hxh is just another generic shonen
>makes people think that that hxh is just another generic shonen
>makes people think

>Am I the only one
No.

Have people really not seen this pasta before

In different iterations, most definitely.

it's appropriately rated, but only because the bar has been set that fucking low.

This, no use digging in the mud for pearls. Just read Gantz and move on with your life.

Yes, you're a very special individual.

I just started this series because of the "my rubber nen" and hype/hate posts that go around here to see if it sucks or not

HxHfags are the Rick and Morty fans of anime

>____ is average but the fanbase is very biased and glorified it too much
Only a fool would take opinions from a fanbase, at their face value and not with a grain of salt. That goes for anything with a lot of hype around it.That being said your criticisms are still valid

Uhh HxH is pretty grounded in that the superpower known as nen isn't all powerful and can still be outdone by the simplest of things including nature and it's fauna [dark continent wrecking experienced hunters] and science.

We've had instances where nen has been trumped by mundane things. I.e Genthru being scared as balls of a giant boulder raining down on him to put him in the vulnerable spot to allow Gon to KO him. Or Hisoka nearly losing his arms to goddamn inertia of Razor's ball since bungee gum effectively cancelled out the impact but not the inertia.

If you've paid attention instead of thinking trash like Gantz is better you would know HxH is a masterpiece.

If you paid attention you'd realize I wasn't shitting on HxH. Gantz is actually good tho buddy.

Which manga do you think is better?

I don't really care for it one way or the other. As long as its return doesn't cause something good to end in Jump, I don't really care about its continued existence

hxh is the only good thing in Jump though.

>Attack on Titan
>Sao
This is bait right?

overrated compared with what?

like the 98% of anime is liquid shit. that's why HxH seems so good.

ok

fuck you

HxH is the best because it has the best girl Pitou.

I beg to differ.

mad ?

>and it really didn't live up to what people hyped
almost never does a show live up to a hype, that's why you should watch a show unbiased

famitsu.com/news/201712/04147304.html

What's this?

it's pretty good but the chimera arc sucks and the greed island arc is rather dull

>it's another bnhafag shitposting about HxH episode

>am I the only one who __________
no, you are never the only one

Doesn't that add up to more than half the show?

greed island card game

yes, google is easy to use