Can someone explain to me what the fuck did I just watch?

Can someone explain to me what the fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

bartkira.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

An abortion.

He ascended in to a star baby after getting akira cells and imploded the city again

weird jap shit

TETSUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Canadaaaaaaaaaa

THAT'S MISTER CANADA TO YOU, PUNK

the manga is much more understandable

Read the Manga, it explains everything and goes beyond that too, and it's an amazing piece of art so read it anyways.

The best movie of all time.

I honestly felt that tetsuo was a massive faggot. were we supposed to sympathize with him?

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

An objectively shit adaptation of a great manga.

do you have a micropenis? then yes

That scene in particular? Alright, though it'll require an explanation of the psychic abilities the Espers and Tetsuo possessed.

Basically, their power is the ability to manipulate the "cosmic flow" of the universe. Other individuals are completely helpless in this flow and are caught up in it like a river, like logs floating down it. Tetsuo's manipulation of this flow was very aggressive and undisciplined. Every time he used his abilities, he was constantly fighting against it and blasting it back rather than redirecting it through his body, and as a result it would crash into him every time he used it, thus why he had such horrid migraines. So when he pushed back as hard as he did when he took down SOL, it was way too much for his body to handle at once when the resulting buildup of the flow hit him, so the power completely overwhelmed his physical form and expanded outward, similar to how the cosmic flow moves.

Movie does a horrible job of explaining this, though it's not really to blame, manga was unfinished at the time anyway.

well hey thanks user. makes me think of WoD wizards.

Basically God but with the mind of an ameoba.

Read the manga... or... read the manga, with Simpsons characters. bartkira.com/

This is just...wow

I know, right? The sheer amount of effort put into recreating a whole manga for a simple joke. And so many artists, some shitty, some with pretty damn amazing re-interpretations. Then the humor value of reading them with the Simpsons voices in your head, and the way it weirdly lends depth to the characters by drawing parallels between two completely different cultures and settings.

/thread

I don't get people like you, what is there to understand? Basically what you said, the movie said and the manga said is just: Tetsuo can't control his powers properly, thus they get out of control.

Nothing more nothing less.

>I know we fucked a lot of shit up, and nearly brought about the end of the world a couple times, but WHITO AMERICAN PIGGU GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!