Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

I hope we get more anime about cozy slow deaths like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ESBXOOMi7SE
youtube.com/watch?v=FE6RuZuvjMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*click*

did anyone decode what the big robot said to her before getting BTFO

he said something?

those blips/static in the screen was him talking

is this even possible to decode?

>tfw big robo was only doing it's job and it got blown up for it

>tfw robo looked at them several times like it knew what they were planning but kept trying to complete its job

Why does Yuu do these things?

another 10/10 episode. So how did all the humans die

So far we've seen three women and one man. That's more than enough men to start the ball rolling again. They need to go find map boy and get to procreating.

Choose your ending:

[ ] Waiting for Godot
[ ] Grave of the Fireflies

This anime plays on the fear of starvation that many Japanese have. In Japan if a person can't find work it is very possible to die of starvation when they run out of money.

Yuu ate them all.

She's just trying to teach Titus important life lessons.

youtube.com/watch?v=ESBXOOMi7SE

it's december, user

youtube.com/watch?v=FE6RuZuvjMs

will this show have a happy ending?

do i save this in my GLT folder or my LWA folder....

nah

I just caught up, that scene made me tear up a bit. The music is timed incredibely well

impossible. The story is about naive perseverance in a hopeless situation. A happy ending makes no sense.

>Akko in charge of preserving lost knowledge

Also what's with the extended shots to water in the last episode and five? Just establishing themes?

A breeding population of less than 100 people (more like 1000 people) is totally unable to continue humanity.

Would you mind if it turns out it was all a dream and they're actually living a regular life as Japanese schoolgirls?

The show is about the last humans learning about the good things that came from human civilization after living throught the worst it can offer.

At some point during the evolutive process humanity must have had less than 100 people though?

>The show is about the last humans learning about the good things that came from human civilization after living through the worst it can offer.

and the only reason they're going along is because they have no idea of how much humanity has truly lost.

War 2: this time the world

The entire population of humanity's predecessor species would have changed gradually over time. There was never a moment when suddenly modern humans started getting born. It is possible, however, that there was an incident called the Toba bottleneck where a supervolcano eruption reduced humanity to about 10,000 individuals.

seems like the human population at its lowest was 10-20.000 individuals.

For a comparison, the neanderthal population capped out at an estimated 3.500 people. Evidently not enough to continue their species.

I think that with proper effort and if every human lived in a single, well protected community, you could repopulate with less than 1000 people.

Definitely not the case for the fucked up world in the manga/anime though, where you'd be lucky to find a single human being in days of constant travelling.

>hello

>you could repopulate with less than 1000 people

don't you need like a 20k population to have a healthy genetic pool?

yeah. With 1000 you'd just get a bunch of potato people eventually.

>You're a big guy

why did yuu say this?

They're so far removed from humanity's height that another civilization rose and got apocalypsed in the mean time.

He was a big guy for Yuu.

yeah, it makes the universe that much more confusing.

Which is great for explaining why they lack understand of basic concepts and sit around and discuss basic concepts like it's an abstraction.

Fug lads I cried during this episode

you save it in your heart user

same

gomen

Just watched all the episodes in one sitting. Are Chito and Yuuri supposed to be sisters? Why do you think "Grandfather" send them away on their own?

that song can heal my rusty soul
is a celestial chorus made in heaven ;-;

Do you think if Yuu was seriously wounded, Chi would have the strength to put her out of her misery?

He violated the NAP though

The giant robot was the one who was permitted to deconstruct, the girls were the ones who violated the NAP by blowing it up.

>Tfw I really wanted to bawl my eyes out but I didn't want to cry like a bitch in front of my roommate so I had to try and hold it in

I have read about the bird species whose individuals traveled to other island and through excessive incest they evolved into new species that eventually became the strongest birds in the island.

So yeah it's possible for 100 of people to repopulate earth once all the morality gets thrown out of the window. You only have to get lucky with positive mutations and cross fingers that overall population DNA is healthy in first place.

>ywn get shitfaced with the potatoes
Why even breathe?

Because water is the source of life.
I'd wager that the attention brought to Chito drowning and how the scene was depicted was a sort of thematic representation of a newborn inside the womb of its mother and how it feels to become "part of a whole" unlike what humans are.

And now, I'm getting Instrumentality flashbacks.

Probably the most mysterious part of the show, since it's the only thing we haven't gotten any more information about at all. I guess they just lived in some small group of survivors, but a disaster or attack by another group forced them to flee. Grandpa is totally dead.

I hope we find out what these fucking statues are. It's driving me crazy.

To get shitfaced as a potato, but that's also kinda impossible.

I believe scientists determined that 160 people is sufficient for generational space travel/colonization. They'd have to be selected for genetics, but "able to survive the apocalypse" is selection itself.

Otaku sheltered in their personal nuclear bunkers with food supplies need not apply, of course.

NOO NOT AGAIN

Aren't those pics supposed to be endcards?

Pretty much. I hope someone integrates them to the BD rips when they are released.

Show me your dance moves Sup Forums

Where is the rest?

I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

That's gay.

In 1912, the Laysan Duck was at all time low, with just 7 adults and 5 juveniles because of the rabbits on the island.
After all of the rabbits were eradicated in 1923, the population grow and In 2004, the population was about 576 ducks.

AND ONE DAY WE WILL DIE AND OUR ASHES WILL FLY FROM THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA

OST fucking where

It's a potato

Sup Forums pls go

don't get me wrong, I love that.

Correct!

I cry with every episode.

Why don't they have rice to eat since they are from an Asian society? Why only potatoes? There should be genetically engineered rice that is just as nutritious as the potato.

Rice is a fucking garbage crop with no nutritional value and enormous water cost to grow, a complex threshing requirement, and MUST be boiled in order to be eaten.
Potatoes on the other hand can be planted, forgotten, pulled up by hand and eaten raw.

Why doesn't Japan grow potatoes instead of rice then?

Racism. They associate potatoes with the Irish, who they hate.

It didn't say anything in the manga, so just assume it's nothing

BUT FOR NOW WE ARE YOUNG
LET US LAY IN THE SUN
AND COUNT EVERY BEUTIFUL THING WE CAN SEE

It reminds me a little of Coppelion which got unfairly hated on Sup Forums.

Shows like these are the best, I hope we get more.

MORE ONE NIGHT

着るときにユーのフードをちーちゃんがスッと下ろしてあげるのかわいい

Cause they have bad soils, where potatoes won't grow.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FACE I HAVE FOUND IN THIS PLACE THAT IS CIRCLING ALL ROUND THE SUN

Untrue, Japanese people love Ireland, you can't walk around a college campus without seeing tons of 'em.

Guys, repopulating the earth will be a challenging task, but I'm about to sacrifice myself for it.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DREAM
THAT COULD FLASH ON THE SCREEN
IN A BLINK OF AN EYE AND BE GONE FROM ME

do you have a template version of this with a clear window?

Are you retard or something?

SOFT AND SWEET LET ME HOLD IT CLOSE AND KEEP IT HERE WITH ME

No, sorry.

user according to your logic only two people are required to populate the planet. it is a statistical unlikehood but there is an infinitesimal possibility that constant incest will somehow not cause any zero defects and yet through radiation or other mutations yield positive evolutionary effects

He isn't totally wrong though, rice is easier to cultivate than potatoes. Also more resistant against pests or diseases. And please don't try to eat a potato raw.

>Cute little guy will give you a hood of you when you wear it
It all makes sense now.

How do mangafags feel about the finale coming in January next year?