Evangelion thread!

Evangelion thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyQ6dHsG3I
youtube.com/watch?v=fe45ohvczw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

>Rei

Why does Rei look so funny? Can’t help but laugh my ass off every time I see her

she was designed to polarize people

So I'm not a fan of mecha anime, but I've always wanted to watch this series since it's regarded as such a classic. Do you think I'd still enjoy it because of the story?

Don't watch it, it's scary.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyQ6dHsG3I

I thought you folks would enjoy this.

Kuso thread

>Kuso
In engirishu?

Depends, have you watched other older anime? Can you get past it not having a modern aesthetic? If so, then yeah, you should definitely watch it. Can't promise you'll like it but countless people have.

>tfw I watched episode 10 last night
>the spring rock scene at the end
Safe to say when I woke up I had to change my sheets

I loved EVA, and I loved the two ending episodes. I thought ending it that way was very brave, and a creative use of their then nonexistent budget.

Shinji is one of the most well written and well developed characters in the history of tv

So is this the new contrarion opinion? This and saying the Cowboy Bebop dub is inferior.

>The new contrarion opinion
You are on Sup Forums after all.

>Listen up dudes I got a brand new blue haired babe to introduce
>My name's Rei Ayanami, how's it hanging?

What? The ending to NGE have always been, and always will be great. Don't know what you're talking about.
Also Cowboy Bebop's dub, no matter the language, just like every other dub, will always be wastly inferior to the Japanese version.

>He actually thinks the Japanese version of CB is better

>Those voices
>That dialogue
top fucking kek

Anyone else feel that the whole Hedgehog Dilemma applied to Shinji wasn't really shown off that well? Up to Asuka's arrival so maybe this changes.

>>>REMINDER

Shinji stops acting like a moody bitch after Episode 6, well for a while that is.

You're only up to Asuka's arrival so you really don't have a full picture, but it does apply. Eva is all about the Hedgehog's dilemma, not just for shinji but for all of them, Shinji's one response (withdraw and bear the cold) Asuka is another (Be the spikier hedgehog, prick before being pricked).

I've watched the first 10 episodes of Evangelion and I gotta say I love it.

Are you watching as we speak? I like getting anons opinions as they're watching it.

I've downloaded 11 & 12 and I'm gonna watch them later, feel free to ask me anything

what's your CC number?

>Shinji's one response (withdraw and bear the cold) Asuka is another (Be the spikier hedgehog, prick before being pricked)
Interesting take. I found it a bit odd they attributed that to him so quickly yet he hadn't yet really gotten close enough to someone at that point. He eventually does with Misato early on but the comments were said way before that point though. I have to rewatch from the start anyways. Been a sporadic couple of weeks and my memory is off. Not that much to rewatch anyways.

I've watched the whole series years ago. Just rewatching it now that I've given it some time to rest.

My what?

>I found it a bit odd they attributed that to him so quickly yet he hadn't yet really gotten close enough to someone at that point.
The hedgehog dilemma it's not something that applies to someone in particular but something that all people deal with and their way of dealing is bound to be different according to their nature.
They brought it up about him because it had been a while since misato gave him a phone and he still didn't have anyone to talk to him so he was the kind of hedgehog that would rather suffer the cold than to seek to get close to others and be hurt.

Credit Card. I was just making a dumb joke.

Oh ok, feel free to ask me about my viewing experience. Very comfy show.

How do the rebuilds stack up? Been meaning to get around to them

I understand there are a few changes

so what I meant to say, is that they brought it up precisely because he hadn't gotten close to someone at that point, He just goes through the motions, Both at Nerv (as seen during the simulation training) and at School. And at life in general like the with the cello thing

>How do the rebuilds stack up?
Visually amazing, Great music as always from Shiro Sagisu. And completely terrible anyway.
>a few changes
1.0: a few changes, some upgrades, and some odd editing, basically a clone of the opening arc.
2.0: Pretty significant changes as the movie goes along.
3.0: A different franchise altogether just slapped with the Eva brand name.

What your favorite girl and why is it Ramiel?

You're right. I was looking too far into situations where he got close and then fucked things up rather than inferring he's most likely done this in the past and is the reason he's avoiding others at the present moment.

I found the first to be unnecessary. A worse retelling of the first few episodes but still nice to look at stuff being remade. I like the second one more since it goes off the course of the original show a lot more. The third was just something else. Hard to describe. I think they're worth watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=fe45ohvczw8

>Very comfy show.
Not for long... not for long.

Is anyone experienced with torrents? I've been meaning to seed Sephirotic's pack for a while but I'm paranoid about shit getting overwritten.

Forgot to check the catalog before starting a new thread. What the fucked did I just watch? Am I just a brain let?

Also, is shinji gay for the angel?

He did nothing wrong

He failed.

Asuka is very closed off with her emotions.

Everyone is beyond fucked to where they can't express emotions properly.

Okay but what's the deal with the ending? Is shinji just a sociopath who didn't learn anything or did the end of the series not happen in the movie?

Did she survive?

Oh, I thought you were talking about that specific episode. EoE's last scene I don't believe has a solid consensus. But it's probably best to take the approach that the OA last two episodes were more or less complementary to the EoE episodes, in terms of what was going through the minds of characters.

Some ideas I've known pop up for that last part:
Shinji is extremely tired (from the look in his eyes) so strangles Asuka like in the breakdown before everyone was Tang'd to see if it was still a dream. Could also be feeling anger towards her for pushing him to the edge in the first place for starting instrumentality.

Asuka probably had a working knowledge of what Shinji had experienced mentally due to the instrumentality, and perhaps the fap scene, hence the disgusted feeling.

The hand caressing of Shinji's face is similar to just a few moments earlier when Shinji said bye to his mom in the tang, hence breaking down into tears.

>The hand caressing of Shinji's face is similar to just a few moments earlier when Shinji said bye to his mom
And they say Rei is the mom-surrogate

Also, there's an user that's halfway through watching the show, so it's probably good manners to go easy on the spoilers.

I figure there should be a one-year limit on spoiling something, max. Its been 20+.

The best way to watch the show is to do it in a single sitting for a day and then cry yourself to sleep.

>I figure there should be a one-year limit on spoiling something, max. Its been 20+.
generally I agree, but if an user already stated he's halfway through the story, still i think it's something to keep in mind, but in the end, considering where we are you can do whatever you want to.

The original ending is fucking better. Why the fuck so many brainlet cries and cries so anno gave them a shittier ending?

Bump

We'll see

Ok, Asuka or Rei and why? No memes, no shitposting, just real answers.

Shinji

>actual human character with emotions and humanity
vs
>clone with nothing set, any emotions can be reset whenever
I think the choice is obvious.

>actual bitch that celebrated the possible death of her coworker and whose core identity as a pilot was to live and die for the powers that be because it brought her adulation and personal glory.
vs
>character that slowly came out of her shell thanks to her interactions with others and carved an identity to for herself despite having the cards stacked against her. and ultimately overthrew all the schemer's plans and gave the world the chance to chose for themselves.

Misato

Wrong answer boyo

I'm sure you do mansuka.

Should I rewatch Evangelion?

Show was mediocre as hell and the movie was just spam for the last 30 minutes. What else is there to say about such an outdated show?

Spam of what?

yes

Go for it.

that's the offical english dub episode

Rei, simply because I always Identified with her more while growing up.

>mecha anime
>this series

Get one thing in your head - Eva is NOT a story about kids in giant robots fighting ancient aliens. It's a story about people, and relating to people, and depression, and lonliness, and hope, and the difficulty of love. It's just that there happen to be some kids in giant robots fighting ancient aliens at the same time. And yes, you should watch it.