Why was Yusuke so much better than other shounen protagonists?

Why was Yusuke so much better than other shounen protagonists?

Because of his fake dub personality.

He was an anti-hero who killed the bad guys. Listening to them whine about their problems on pissed him off even further. Yusuke's pretty much what happens if the average shonen hero grew up without positive influences.

he's alpha as fuck thats why

but I watched the original version (because dubs are for plebs) and came to this same conclusion

the virgin Yusuke
>highschool roastie girlfriend
> needs asspulls and luck to win fights
>moralfag
>best friend is a braindamaged delinquent

The Chad Gon:
>regularly swoons bitches on Whale Island, doesn't even care
>does anything to achieve his goals, holds an innocent girl hostage
>best friends are an Assassin and Mafia leader
>uses direct punches to fight, no spirit gun pussy shit

at least Yusuke’s story finally got a conclusion

He feels like a legit delinquent sometimes, I hate when fighting is just a means to an end for a protagonist.

I liked when they showed Yusuke being bored with his everyday life after beating Sensui before inevitably going to the demon realm. I felt like it was a realistic depiction of what would happen if you really did make it through all kind of crazy battles and shit if you were just a normal kid at first

and as you said he has some anti hero qualities like offering to get Raizen some humans to eat

gon is better than average but still a faggot compared to Yusuke

>best friend is a brain damaged delinquent
you forget about the demons?

>does anything to achieve his goals

hurrdurr how original for the protagonist of a shounen manga

>implying yusuke hasn't used his fists in battles countless times

HXH is objectively better than YYH but Gon is not a better protagonist, you'd have to be a total fag to believe this

>needs asspulls and luck to win fights
How is that a bad thing when the main character acknowledge it?

>HxHcucks talking about asspulls

hahahaha wait you're serious? PFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's all in the hair and the fashion sense.

Because he was actually realistic, unlike literally everyone in HxH, who are caricatures of people in comparison.

because Kuwabara

Yusuke had the better English Dub.

Why are Togashifags so much more obnoxious than other shounenfags?
>He was an anti-hero who killed the bad guys
Killing bad guys doesn't make you an anti hero you moron
>it's bad on purpose so it's good!

Until the Demon World arc shit all over him.

first person you linked has a point they just made a mistake in calling him an anti-hero

second person admittedly made a dumb argument

Yusuke is definitely less moral than the average shounen protag but still a hero for sure

gon was threaten to kill a innocent blind girl you fucking bait moron ..

Yusuke was a legit delinquent before the story ended. He flunked school and got into fights. The entire point of becoming a spirit detective was him becoming a productive member of society.

I was talking about Yusuke you illiterate moron
>He flunked school and got into fights
So like 99% of shounen protagonists

What Ichigo and Jotaro tried to be but failed miserably.

Yusuke is someone who I would see in real life at an inner city school district though. He's the tough kid who gets into fights with the rival gangs and clashes with the teachers over his future. The funeral at the first episode is literally what the most realistic reaction loved ones would have when a punk like him gets killed.

fuck everyones autism about whos protagonist is better, it may have been right at the beginning but kuwabaras anguish over yusuke dying always got to me.

Neither Ichigo nor Jotaro were delinquents though.
If you had said Josuke, Inuyasha or even Nardo you'd have been correc

OP here

that part also struck a chord with me although recently was the first time I watched this show

actually had character flaws, a thing most shounen animes forget

Josuke was less of a deliquent than Jotaro, he was a nice kid who tried to stay out of trouble, he just had a deliquent hairstyle. Jotaro walked out of resturants without paying if he didn't like the food, regularly sent people to the hsopital, and scared teachers into quitting.

so? he starts in a more realistic setting but hes still a typical good guy shonen MC. by the first few episode he already is sacrificing himself to help kurama who he barely knews.

gon is more realistic because he's a selfish kid, he would kill an unconscious, blind, and injured little girl for his own personal gain. yusuke was just a force for good, the worst he was gonna do is send death row inmates to be eaten

Edgy, like the Raphael the ninja turtle. He's pretty bland to be honest.

this is a shot in the dark here, but I think most people at least in some point in their life can relate to the feeling of doubting anyone cares about them yusuke has there. while getting caught up in sympathizing with the main character like that you get hit in the face with heart rending agony by someone who you probably wouldn't have expected.

I didn't give a shit about Jotaro. Every time I see him, I just feel bad for the mom and wonder what did she do to earn a terrible son. Yuyu Hakusho made me give a shit about Yusuke.

>edgy
lmao
he literally grabbed a demon in the crotch to check it was a girl in the middle of fighting. Such edge.

Anyone would look like a good guy shonen MC when standing next to someone like Kuruma. Getting killed by Yusuke is pretty much a mercy kill compared to getting brutally murdered by a fuckboi and his weird plant powers.

O MY DEMON BLOOD

Naruto is more like the class clown

I'll allow it since back then being a demon was a legit terrifying experience.

kurama is a moralfag too , you cant compare him to kurapika who joined a mafia that deals with killing, drugs, weapons and other horrible things like human trafficking just to satiate his revenge

the whole cast of yyh are moralfags. Hiei just has a lot of edge with his morals.

And Sasuke made out with another guy.
Your point?
>I just feel bad for the mom and wonder what did she do to earn a terrible son
Excessive coddling can result in retaliation.
Many people who were "loved" too much by their parents grow up to resent them because they believe everything wrong with them is a result of their parents babying them around too much.
Only because he can't go around beating everyone up if they mocked him.

>your point?
That Yusuke isn't edgy? Pretty sure that's the point I was replying to. Hiei is edgy without a doubt. Yusuke definitely has "generic stubborn/angry MC" qualities but nothing close to edgy outside of when Raizen possessed him.

he's not

Why is Kuwabara still the best shounen character?

Deliquents > Childish protags > Idiot hotheads

That's why Oga from beelzebub is cool too.

Coolest protag is Kiyomaro though.

>conclusion
>Gon meet his dad and fulfilled his goal

hmm

Take your shit taste away with you, Togashit fag.

Hello, bizarre attempt at a potshot

HxH fag trying to be taken seriously, how pitiful.

their from the same author newfag

The way I see MCs nowadays is similar to how I see players in any kind of game or sport. If they're uninteresting, or are playing badly, I can't sympathize with them.

Why was Yusuke so much of a waste of a thread?

>his fake dub personality

He was the same shit in the manga you mongoloid fuck

>he has some anti hero qualities like offering to get Raizen some humans to eat
Honestly, I never liked that moment. Nothing up till that point suggested that Yusuke would be the type of person to sacrifice others, especially for someone he didn't particularly care for. Just felt like Togashi was feeling particularly edgy when he wrote that and it made Yusuke sound like a dickhead. I was under the impression he was really a huge softy but was able to hide it under the facade of being a good-for-nothing delinquent.

People like Togashi for that because there aren't many battle shonens with morally grey MCs. For many people Yusuke and moreso Gon is more interesting than a generic "I fight for my friends and to protect goodness" MC that gets rehashed again and again.

I've got nothing against a morally grey protag, the problem is that moment just felt out of character for Yusuke. Like it wasn't so long ago that the guy was morally unable to kill his enemies and now all of a sudden he's fine bringing some innocent people to their death. Even when Gon in HxH threatened to kill Komugi, it didn't feel too out of character given how it much it had been foreshadowed that his innocence could be dangerous. With Yusuke though, something just didn't seem right.

>he's fine bringing some innocent people to their death.
Why do you assume he meant innocents?
He could've been talking about disposing killers and rapists.

>He could've been talking about disposing killers and rapists
It has been a while since I watched the series, so maybe that was what he was suggesting. Still unless he was planning on breaking into a prison, where exactly was he going to find these scumbags? Was his home town really so bad that he was confident in finding some worthy criminals in very little time?

HxH was such a downgrade from YYH

it actually makes my head hurt how people can like HxH, think it's a good show, and even go as far as thinking it's better than YYH.

It's so bland and generic, you'd think it was satire.

why does that make him seem like a dick head? he's the ultimate softy, one who is accepting of literally all types of beings.

>tfw you literally HAVE to eat humans to SURVIVE
>HURR DURR THEY'RE EVIL

Go away spirit world.

YYH has "just roll with it" bullshit arcs in the DBZ tradition, while HxH attempts to give all arcs some sort of novelty and narrative relevance

>while HxH attempts to give all arcs some sort of novelty and narrative relevance
And all but Yorknew are fucking terrible.
Meanwhile YY only has one meh arc.

i feel like i've walked into bizzaro world. It seems like yesterday everyone was jerking off endlessly to hxh and going "yeah yyh was only good because of dub!!!"

that said i love both shows to death and yusuke is my favorite fucking protagonist man i like people are coming back to him he's so slick man

>Was his home town really so bad
Wasn't his home burnt by someone?
He also got into fights with adults so he must think very little of them.

His head looks like an insect's.

HxH is a lot better than YYH.