Just marathoned this yesterday for the first time

Just marathoned this yesterday for the first time

is not any master piece but I don't get why it gets so much hate? at first glance I noticed the lack of development but explain me further why it gets so much shit, during the episodes of the lake house it made me feel things, have you ever been in a mmo relationship? if you haven't you don't know what's it's like to explore and escape away in beautiful places with someone, suicidal thoughts kicked in a bit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GXCo-InnpU
youtube.com/watch?v=V6kJKxvbgZ0&list=PLuAOJfsMefuej06Q3n4QrSSC7qYjQ-FlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why it gets so much hate?
Blatant Mary Sue MC for otakus to self-insert as.

>have you ever been in a mmo relationship?
No, but then again I'm not a failed normalfag.

fairy dance is a dogshit adaptation of the second most solid novel arc
fans and non-fans alike don't like it because it's terrible, that's all there is to say

>Blatant Mary Sue MC for otakus to self-insert as.
Nope. It got hate because it was popular, and the shitposting little faggot, middle school tryhards on Sup Forums thought it was bringing in the "nurutu crowd." Everyone who ever made a big deal about SAO being bad is a crossboarder from Sup Forums who doesn't belong here.

Fuck off, you stupid shitposting faggot piece of shit. SAO is better than most garbage in its genre, though that's not saying much. It got hate because pissants like you who came here from Gaia were trying to fit in.

Get the fuck off my Sup Forums and never return.

He's right though. The anime skipped half of the entire Fairy arc, and the most interesting part at least for me

It focused on the important stuff, which was rescuing the damsel-in-distress before she had her innocence taken from her.

>focusing on the important stuff equates to removing the actual depth that made it good
ok m8

I'd love to hear how to think the LNs made this arc "deep." It's about Kirito rescuing his waifu and saving the day, while his busty cousin lusts after him.

>pissants like you who came here from Gaia were trying to fit in
why are you just running your mouth on a stupid assumption?
you would be pretty surprised to know how big of a fan of sao i am, and it's expressly because i love the series so much that i give a harsher criticism of its actual flaws instead of resorting to the blanket (and usually deliberately inaccurate) bullshit you see copypasted in every generic sao hate thread that gets its 13 token replies before being pruned
you can't be a real fan of SAO if you can't admit the fairy arc was adapted horribly, so kindly shut your fucking mouth and get out

I want segue to sit on my face

>why it gets so much hate?
Because it's overly popular with third-worlder normalfags. And because people who play vidya were autistically upset at the squandered potential.

SAO is no more offensive than half the shows every season. The negativity you see is mostly due to its undeserved high profile. I still think people wouldn't meme about it as much if the director didn't go full retard with the second half of ALO and GGO.
ASADA-SAN

Mostly because of the OPMC and the very flat story. Back then people expected more of such a setting and were disappointed.

i never said it was ~le deep anime book~, i said it has depth, you imbecile, you utter moron
>first coherent and chronologically logical plotline
>overarching and unambiguous goal
>diversified cast that breaks past 'kirito and his woman of the day with their side story' from the aincrad arc
>suguha's character arc takes the entirety of both novels, and is about suffering and personal growth instead of the 'bawww onii-chan' like everyone believes, majority due to all the stuff the adaptation ended up cutting
>asuna does a hell of a lot more trying to escape and simmering with murderous rage towards sugou than the adaptation chose to show
>more! time! spent! on! desperately! needed! character! development!
i will happily die on a hill defending the fairy dance novels and tearing the adaptation to shreds because i think it's a crime how many people take the words of uninformed herd mentality shitposts and people like digibro at face value

People here don't read SAO LNs m8
They just go off of what they read in the threads and repost "glop"

4 years ago I did the same thing as you, OP. The problem is it's a mediocre show with an incredibly obnoxious fanbase. Anyone who doesn't shit on the show is therefore suspect of being a shitty type of person who honestly likes that dreck.

Accel World is much much better, and it's still mediocre.

i've been on Sup Forums long enough to expect little more, but i like sao too much to settle for that, especially when i find people shitting on it without even knowing why

I thought it was boring and didn't find any of the characters particularly interesting. I wish I could leave it at that but somewhere along the line it became popular to have a strong opinion on the show.
Now I'm just annoyed that there seems to be a resurgence of SAO on Sup Forums. And kinda like what said, anyone that shits on the show too hard is accused of criticizing it just because of it's popularity.

when it comes to SAO, the dead horse has been beaten so relentlessly that it's pretty easy to tell an actual criticism from a copypasted (You) generator
as for its resurgent popularity, you can thank ordinal scale and the s3/alicization and ggo alternative anime announcements

>And kinda like what said, anyone that shits on the show too hard is accused of criticizing it just because of it's popularity.
Personally I think there's nothing wrong with hating a mediocre show for being overly popular with mouthbreathers (Attack on Titan, for example). They bring in a low brow crowd that inevitably shits up the board with garbage threads, that then leak over into good threads and shit them up for no good reason.

This right here is a prime example of audience polarization. For the longest time you couldn't start an SAO thread here because the general sentiment was if you liked the show, you didn't belong on Sup Forums. Those bait threads with the generic SAO pic in the OP saying "it wasn't THAT bad" didn't help.

The few that persevered and waited out the storm in their LN threads developed a kneejerk defense. And they were few. There wasn't much of a fanbase to speak of even until recently, obnoxious or otherwise.

>>is not any master piece but I don't get why it gets so much hate?
It's symbolic of literally everything wrong with the current industry.

>They bring in a low brow crowd that inevitably shits up the board with garbage threads, that then leak over into good threads and shit them up for no good reason
I don't see this happening with SAO or SnK for that matter. The latter keep to their containment general. What you're describing is Dragonball and the orange hamster, and those are just downright shitposting half the time.

No you fucking retard.

It's hated because it spawned a swarm of terrible isekai/MMO Gary Stu bullshit with a terrible MC who just breezes through everything.

It's shit because how bullshit it is
So it only appeals to the self inserting teenager crowd
>Shitty MMO
>Poorly explained rules so that MC can do whatever the plot needs him to do
>Gary Stu MC
>Female MMO players
>MC manages to meet just about every woman on the server
>Of course all of these females want MC dick
>this issue is further exacerbated by the "joke" in the first episode with that couple and then antagonist forces them into their real appearance ( and of course all the women playing the game are cute and not fat and gross ) and a girl turns into a guy
The harem aspect was entirely unnecessary and pointless filler. And then there are still new girls for every arc even though Asuna won the first one?

>Female MMO players
What's wrong with this?
You may enjoy S3 because it's geared toward the fujo audience

>which was rescuing the damsel-in-distress before she had her innocence taken from her

>SAO spawned terrible isekai Gary Stu bullshit
You're as retarded as the guy you're replying to

>What's wrong with this?
What is wrong with attractive female mmo players forming a harem around the lonely beater?
Kirito doesn't have any personality so the only possible reason they even care about him is that he is strong and he helped them but for some reason didn't develop any feelings for the inevitable legions of white knights hoping to get some pussy before they die to this stupid death game that MUST exist because it's a fucking MMO.
You shouldn't use premises in your writing if you don't understand them to do it competently. It's like some korean highschooler trying to write about american rednecks.

sao didn't invent the op gary stu protagonist though lol?

>lol

Are you really this stupid or pretending? It started the trend in LNs that lasted til today.

His sister/cousin was cute.

Sup Forums is full of hipsters who hate fun now.

This is correct, and also only one of the many absolutely stupid aspects that plague the show. Not only does Kirito get his perfect waifu, but he also gets to flirt and play with every other gorgeous slut that conveniently falls into his lap. And every other male in the series is either irrelevant, a complete beta, or secretly a villainous psychopath so as to ensure that no one gets in the way of the girls drooling over the mc.

>what is mahouka
that's just one, friend. you done reaching for today?

>isekai/MMO Gary Stu bullshit with a terrible MC who just breezes through everything.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Watch Re:Zero if you like faggy MCs... oh wait RZ is too popular for (You). Fucking hipsters are truly scum.

I think the idea is that they like him because he's not only just strong, he's SAO's Michael Jordan, but also because he wanted to help them because they needed help and not specifically because he wanted to get into their pants like the other MMO players you describe, and that's what sets him apart from the other guys, either the former or the latter traits or both

Props to you for actually having an opinion, OP.
The hate SAO gets is one of the most retarded thing in this board. as you said, it's not great by any means, but it's good enough as far as entertainment goes.Dhit like the smartphone isekai's much worse in comparison.
SAO got popular quickly among normalfags, so hating it became the trend to keep the newfags who thought they belonged here at bay. The funny thing is that even if now, even normalfags hate it with a passion, it's still pretty hated here, although it's been toning down for a year. People actually admit they enjoyed it for the most part every now and then.
Long story short, it's just a matter of hiveminds, like always.

>eugeo
>irrelevant
don't talk to me or my beautiful flaxen-haired son ever again

Remember when Sup Forums hated SAO?

Bluepill me. Can I selfinsert into Eugeo's pretty ass?

> he wanted to help them because they needed help
It was actually amazing how quickly every female in the series would go from being competent to being a damsel in distress the instant they were put into Kirito's presence.

you might actually be retarded. Go back to wherever you came from. By the way you type its clearly not here kiddo.

No re:zero is terrible for different reasons
It goes too far in the other direction. Instead of a "intelligent" MC with strong powers who always wins because plot armor you get a dumb MC with strong powers who doesn't even try to exploit their powers.
Subaru would be like if spiderman was in denial about his powers and avoided manual labor because somebody might notice his abnormal strength so he works an office job but is still constantly nervous because his spidey sense gives him an edge noticing errors in his excel entries.

I think to them he's supposed to be the paragon of an idealistic, innocent, and pure hearted hero in practically every way, he's perfect and they're not, he has no character flaws and they do, and they sort of follow him around because he imparted some of that perfection on them one day and they hope to either see it again or have the chance to become something like him in the future. The closest analog would be something like Michael Jordan, bringing him up again, and whatever groupies he might have had

you can do anything you put your mind to

>By the way you type its clearly not here kiddo.
>Nothing personal, kid!

Fuck off, chris-chan.

Its popular and bland. The only reason it gets any hate is because the people trying their hardest to fit in think thats the way to do it.

It's been a few years since I watched SAO. If I remember, the first like 10-12 episodes were actually entertaining and pretty good. Once they went to the lake house and found the girl though, it went to complete shit. The girl is all of sudden some master program or some bullshit. Then randomly he calls out the big guild leader as the creator of the game, battles him, both MC and orange haired girl die, but then they don't? And big bad guy does? Also forgot to mention like every girl in the damn game has a crush on MC so that got annoying, though the breaking point for that was when his in real life sister(step sister whatever) even liked him? Then when orange hair girl didn't wake up and there was another game, I dropped it.

Probably because Kirito is the most blatant and boring MC in anime history and yet somehow people love him despite how much of an obvious fucking Gary Stu he is.

>save point turn back time skill
>not OP as fuck

You are retarded. And probably underage.

Mahouka is isekai?

>Gary Stu bullshit with a terrible MC who just breezes through everything
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

bandwagon effect

onii-sama is different

Opinions changed when Sup Forums decided they wanted to fuck Kirito.

>second most solid novel arc
Too bad it's the most boring arc.

I'm not really sold on the Gary Stu opinion that gets parroted whenever people talk about SAO.

Kirito is not a deep or interesting character, but I rarely get the vibe that he's supposed to be all that likeable in the first place.

The stories are already about people desperately escaping IRL in a super fancy digital world. It seems to make sense that the MC who manages to save those fuckers from the maniacal game creators would be just some naturally overcompetent kid with your mild bouts of MC self-doubt, and who gets shit tons of admiration from his cohorts.

I've seen/read stuff that is all about can-do-no-wrong Mary Sue garbage, but in that, the point is to make other characters look like retarded psychopaths, and the MC being perfect in their outlook and how they interact with everyone and everything.

There's just so much to hate about other MCs that Kirito doesn't exhibit.

Even the incest romance weirdness doesn't piss me off, because that just feels appropriate given how fucked up MMO players already are.

SAO is already escapism, so to me, its MC never feels out of place.

>Sup Forums
An hero. Also Sup Forums has always had a stick up it's arse when it comes to SAO.

Dont lie to yourself. That faggot is 20 times worse than anything any other self incert japanese protag has ever been.

Only chink shit and gook shit is worse than that faggot

Is Gaia even still a thing anymore? And is it still a thing that affects us? I thought that was tumblr, reddit, and stormfront nowadays.

I stopped following the mobage after that whole arc. Has anything else interesting happened since then?

it spawned a special kind of retards

Self-insertion is a Western thing. That's why Japanese otaku can watch all these shows with zero male characters while Westerns are utterly traumatized by them and keep demanding more manime.

>so much hate?
Because it's popular and snowflakes can't stand it.
The novel is a masterpiece for me, the author actually looked up VR related things and knows the basis of it, I've been waiting for VR to become a thing for years and seeing it being given the spotlight gives me hope, I'm sick of shitty headsets that make you cry blood after 2 hours.

this.

- author self insert
- Sup Forumsnon jealousy on MC with cute girlfriends
- attract normie fans, escpecially in cons.

If you're into Sup Forums and Sup Forums at the same time, you can hardly hate SAO.
SAO is the /cyb/ kind of thing, minus the 90s aesthetic.

It was the genre shift in the middle when it stopped being a serious game of life or death horror and turned into a chill "let's play house" romance in the course of a single episode.

The first half is alright, the second have is shit, everything else is cancer.

first arc was alright
the rest was shit, especially the alfeim stuff

I watched it knowing nothing except it had a cool title. I didn't like it.
It's not just that it's not good, it's that it went so wrong, you know exactly what went wrong, and you can rant why for hours.
>Self-insert OP MC
>Inconsistent pacing
>deus ex machina
>Impossible game mechanics
>No consistent motivation
>No coherency between arcs

Hello hambeast. It looks like you are on the wrong website.

>People die if they are killed in the game.
>Unless they are relevant to the plot and get machinad.

It was a mess with blatant overpowerd MC, and not the fun kind like Nii-sama.

I liked it when it was about dungeon diving. Then it stopped for a bit because Kirito wanted to play house, and then he got some master program or some shit. Interest waned during AF and I just dropped it during GGO. That said, I'm really enjoying Progressive.

>I don't get why it gets so much hate?
1. It's popular. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
2. It has plot holes, writing errors and (especially in the second half of S1) weird sexual overtones that are easily visible to a critical mind.
Combine the two and you get the internet's new favorite horse to beat.

Watch S2.
Personally, it was a much more enjoyable experience Calibur's arc was a bit boring

Kirito-chan is true heroine!

>want to fuck Kirito.

Not like that's a surprise or anything, all things considered.

First half of S1: Ok
AIDS girl arc: Good
Rest = shit

>have you ever been in a mmo relationship?

My favorite part of ordinal scale was when Kirito beat a game he not only didn’t like, but didn’t even want to play. He won because at that point he had to.

Sup Forums just hates anything that's popular.
There are some who didn't hop onto the hatewagon for no reason though. They were probably annoyed that this series clearly demonstrated the lack of effort from the author yet it still got so much attention and budget.

lots of original events with alice and eugeo, cute alternate outfits for the girls with each banner, standard shipteasing, etc. kirito is relentless as ever with terrible jokes and puns, and more gameverse-original characters is never a bad thing. it's enjoyable if you play it for the characters and setting you like and dont take it too seriously, just like every other mobage

Because it's a very successful series despite being your typical LN haremshit with special snowflake MC that takes itself way too seriously and falis at almost everything it tries to do.

and what is everything it tries to do?

Drama, romance, "serious" storyline.

It's somewhat watchable but leaves a really foul taste in your mouth.
It's bad and popular so it's the best horse to beat.

Surprise!

I guess this is the best answer

Yuuki will always be best girl

Wait Hold the phone.

YOU CAN GET GUYS IN BED TOO?

>kirito is relentless as ever with terrible jokes and puns

Kirito is always gay as fug when it involves Eugeo.

Oni Oniisama will smite heretics like you.

Poor dumb fuck. Worships some edgy blank slate of a power fantasy self insert. Must suck having such a shit life

There was a extra quest that involves the fakeloli from Alternative Gun Gale Online . But you can't play as her or fight against her though. So far only Sinon can be a gun user.

I want YOUtubers to post the keith and muh nigga bed scenes!

youtube.com/watch?v=3GXCo-InnpU

youtube.com/watch?v=V6kJKxvbgZ0&list=PLuAOJfsMefuej06Q3n4QrSSC7qYjQ-FlU

As a diff video expaln AI girl take a way all risk of death to main charcters as they need to get her back with out the death factor it go from meh to breaking down into base harem anime with game as side story.

Look at dot hack or log horizon most of it them trying to feg out the rules of rule.

Sao go and ignore or voerpower it rules and lose all shape.

>Sao go and ignore or voerpower it rules and lose all shape.
what.