Off Grid Living

What does pol think about living off grid on your own land in your own hand built cabin? Is it worth it? I think it seems pretty comfy

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-truth-about-primitive-life-a-critique-of-anarchoprimitivism
youtube.com/watch?v=F3rjjpuhCLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its either that or kill everyone around you.

No running water? No electricity? I mean I could do it but no thanks

> Is it worth it?
No, it will cost you more than buying a junker and you will get less.
Its only good if your a purist.

You are too vulnerable when you are alone.

Also, no water and no electricity? Fuck that.

What are solar panels and a pump system? It ain't cheap, but it's pretty comfy.

How much would a small dairy farm cost in Québec?

this, and it's not as expensive as you'd think

i don't know man, I live in florida

its pretty easy to design and build a running water system. And while it definitely was NOT EASY I have built a generator and power distribution system from scratch for my outpost cabin.

I should mention I live a pretty normal life in a mid sized city most of the time. off grid is part of my hobby farm activities. Its just something ive always been into and maybe one day i can do it full time. I would need a spot closer to the city though, i enjoy people on occasion

>You are too vulnerable when you are alone.
the state of eurocucks..
Do you feel safe surrounded by muzzies and a government that wants you as a slave for the industrial complex?

Attached: 1520106015324.jpg (1080x726, 304K)

Land is cheap in the right areas. Most established farms that are for sale would likely cost a lot. Start your own

this. you want to be as near / far from people as possible.

its a tricky balance

I'm not surrounded by muzzies though and I live comfyly in my safe neighborhood.

FeelsGoodMan

Attached: AFL.webm (640x360, 1.51M)

Are you going to stay in Florida if you decide to build that off the grid home?

During summer I live in my cabin on a islet. No running water, no electricity, no wifi, no nothing. As soon as the snow melts Im there, until it starts snowing again. It is FUCKING AWESOME.

Attached: Skärmavbild 2017-10-01 kl. 13.33.52.png (548x461, 413K)

Eh, my grandparents have an off-grid cabin on a lake in CT - maintenance alone on the septic system, pump, weatherproofing and generator runs them up about 3k a year average, not to mention the fees propane companies charge to refill tanks way out in the sticks (4k a year). Couple it with property taxes, you need to be able to throw away 10k+ a year to realistically afford an off-grid property that's anywhere near comfortable.

Damn, I guess I need to start to work on my construction skills.

>Living on own land in hand build cabin?
OK
>Living of grid shitting in the woods like a bear, wiping ass with bare hand without running water to wash hand afterwards. not even able to share said story with all of (you)
fuck no

I heard the 90% of France is great and still very French, it's only when you go to the large cities or to the mediterranean coast that it's bad. Is this true?

How bad does it get on Islet during the winter? Is it really that bad that you have to move?

probably not, land is fairly expensive compared to out west and there's a lot more property regulations in many of the counties here that require you to be on grid

>Is this true?
It is. The memes are only real when you go to really large cities like Paris and Marseille. But it's the same for any other metropolis, big cities are always full of foreigners, be it tourists or immigrants.

I've never even seen snow swedebro

The cabin is over 100 years old, and it stands on very old mire-land, so it sinks into the ground like 1cm a year. Every 10 years or so I have to use a huge fucking crank-lift and put rocks under it. Also, it makes it so air goes under the cabin (otherwise, it rotts).

And since the cabin has sunk so many times, and the retards who build it molded the fireplace into the foundation, the chimney has cracked everywhere, so I can not make a fire in it. I have a kerosene-heater.

And we get like -35 celsius here wintertime, so fuck that.

Attached: Skärmavbild 2017-10-01 kl. 13.06.19.png (541x735, 934K)

I dream of doing this, saving up money at the moment to try and make it achievable.

You don't even have to go full Ted, I'd probably maintain some kind of internet connection so I could work from my shed and generate some income.

I don't know about off the grid, but I'm actively looking for properties in the 200k range in a much smaller community. The only worry I have is work, since my skillset is pretty much only useful in a technical setting.

I guess I could go ahead and get that wind energy job.

Attached: ted.png (807x499, 1.01M)

Good for you, I fucking hate the winter.

>property
they gonna take it away from you.

So what kind of internet speeds am I looking at out there?

too difficult just buy property with acreage in a flyover state.

A piece of land, witch you can build a small cabin and grow your own shit on cost about 50.000SEK (around 4.400GBP) in Sweden. That is basically nothing. You are also allowed to hunt on said land if you have a licence. So, go rural Sweden.

Dutch/Germans are already moving here in huge amounts, so come get it while it's still reasonable prices.

Commies will be shot on sight though. The closest cop here is 200km away.

Relevant: theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-truth-about-primitive-life-a-critique-of-anarchoprimitivism

Attached: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (555x414, 139K)

Nightmare mode: Take control of the grid

none if you build yourself and are using solar probably

Do I have to be a Swedish citizen to buy land there? Do I need to pay into the Swedish social system if I live there even unemployed?

cannot be done according to current laws, and if you try to ignore laws, big bad govt will make example of you

CT is one of the most expensive states in the union tho

>What does pol think about living off grid on your own land in your own hand built cabin?

gay Amerishart rightwing meme

"muh wilderness" while maintaining an internet connection, owning a car, bank account etc

Not really worth it IMO. You can still hunt, fish, trap, and hike in the wilderness in your spare time, while having a warm comfy home connected to 1st world amenities

Attached: 0BFE72CE-9A25-4519-9AC2-B3B2B6FB1010.jpg (720x960, 151K)

not without faithful wife by my side. innawoods alone is a meme.

I’m moving from Florida to Wyoming in a few weeks for a new job. Never seen snow or a mountain before. Am I going to die?

I like civilization personally.

>talking with your wife and playing guitar for her while she cooks dinner on the campfire
>fucking her in the comfy tent afterwards
Truly no better feeling. You can enjoy the people you love so much when there are no electronic distractions

I definitely like the idea of living in a small town though. I will probably do it once I have enough saved up. There are just not many jobs. Which is I guess why everyone doesn't do it.

yeah in a lot of counties it is in my state too

In Bohuslän, it would probably be possible to live on an islet year arould. Not seeing any foreigners is also a great positive.

Don't know man, only mountains I've ever seen are appalachia and they're really just big hills mostly

I have next best thing
I work innawoods and I buy timber for good price, and I slowly work on my cabin
gonna finish it in few years

What's your job?

i will come and everymansright poop on your doorstep

i think most states would find a way to root you out and make it illegal, see florida and a billion other reasons. i agree its a great idea and i agree its what freedom and happiness look like but, with that said, the gov would condemn your place and drive you out. its total bs.

I'm getting a dual sport motorcycle and I plan to build tiny shelters nearby awesome locations so I can travel and have multiple places to stay for free.

I do this. I hope you have knowledge of construction, use of tools, can you fell a tree and not kill yourself? If you answer no to any of these either learn them or don't fool yourself. It takes a lot to live off the grid and be comfortable.

forest keeper

Happiness

that's cool, I've been looking into working for the national park service

I do it alredy, thanks to solar panel and wimax I have all the infrastructure I need.
It's hard at the beginning, specially because I didn't know anything about growing food or the maintenance the prefab house and the panels required, but after a sort time is so worth it. Specially when I watch videos about urbancucks getting rekt by liberals and immigrants in the city.

what kind of income is required to support your lifestyle?

>Do I have to be a Swedish citizen to buy land there?
idk

>Do I need to pay into the Swedish social system if I live there even unemployed?
You only pay if you work (legally, you could otherwise work black).

I earn 1700€/month but I could live with less than 900€ (assuming you buy the house without going in debt).

what's your job?

Industrial designer, freelancer.

how much, roughly anyways, was the initial cost?

tips for finding good cheap land? any zones you can recommend? how english speaking is sweden? i'm fluent in german, spanish and english.

hard to get probably

>Cabin
I sincerely doubt you can hunt/fish enough to feed yourself completely. You'll probably need to cultivate land.

>allowed to hunt

Needs permission from mommy and daddy to feed himself off his own land.

Christ, we've given away more freedom than you peasants will ever know.

>45m2 wood prefab house was 30000€
>Furniture and appliances around 2000€
>Supplies and labour around 3000€ (I got a pellet stove because it's really cold where I live but you could half that amount without it, and if you're handy and have helpful friends you could save even more)
>The land belonged to my family but in Spain you can buy land for cheap around small towns.
Then I pay my self-sufficiency taxes which is quite a lot monthly because the Goverment don't like anybody being on their own but I need to pay those to work. Otherwise I think I could live with even less money, but my job is easy and I like it so I play along.
Also, my house accepts extra modules so maybe in the future I'll expand but for now I have all I need.

Nice beaver.

>comfy home connected to 1st world amenities

AH, those first world amenities of city living.

Attached: space to destroy.jpg (665x385, 91K)

I’ve been homesteading in the CA mountains for six years now. I love it, but it’s not comfy. To get comfy, the season has to be right (been freezing my ass off since November), and lots of work has to be done.

I cannot get much work done with shorter winter days, so this is the time of year when I’m starting to get busy.
>firewood cutting in overdrive: need wood to dry before next winter/fall
>fruit trees are coming out of dormancy, need fertilizer
>rainy season is coming to an end, need to cut back all the growth: process for mulch after
>rainwater harvesting system needs to be fixed, expanded
>need to do erosion control for the rains
>never ending battle with gophers, coyotes, turkeys, mountain lions, mule deer
>need to split rocks for landscaping
>need to prepare base for solar array and wind turbines
>need to rebuild a new greenhouse after it blew away in the winds
>need to windproof everything: wind sucks
>probably help out neighbors with their projects too

After all that is done, then I can finally get comfy. It’s lots of hard work, but it’s rewarding. It’s helped me quit smoking and drinking and dramatically improved my health, both mentally and physically.

> I think it seems pretty comfy
Well, it is, young man. Fried chicken and honey will fly into your mouth juuuust outta nowhere.

why dont you domesticate the mountain lions? they could kill the other animals and protect you.

>homesteading in the CA mountains
Howdy neighbor.

>You are too vulnerable when you are alone.
You're an embarrassment.

What type of food are you growing? I’m a fan of anything that’s drought tolerant here in California. Figs and pomegranates produce in abundance on my homestead and require little water/attention.

Where are you? SD county reporting.

>Live in a cabin on your own
>In the night the Jews come and murder you

its cold in Spain?

>SD county
Damn, you're way south. Trinity County reporting.

Dude, at any point Mossad can arrange your death, no matter where you live.

Honestly my ideal life is a cosy house, a few acres of land with some chickens and goats and a ton of permaculture, a wife and a load of kids. I have no means of doing it though because this country is so crammed and it's probably illegal to go off grid and be self sustainable anyway

SD North County here. Good climate generally for growing crops, though the last two summers have been brutally hot.

Come to the USA, lobster friend. Lots of space out here in our more central states.

Come home, Brother. Before someone else takes your spot.

I live off grid on a 150ac plot in the BC bush. Have a micro hydro set-up, sat tv and internet. Groceries are a 10 minute drive away.

But when shit gets nasty, i'll be ready for my own cult.

this /thread

lately i've been watching alot of videos like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=F3rjjpuhCLI

I had almond trees alredy when I moved so I have plenty of that. I decided to plant potatoes because it's super easy and I love them.
I also grow Aloe to make soap and to sell it. My mom's town is not far so I trade with them for eggs, olive oil and other things. It comes very handy because they know much more than I do about these kinds of things and they're happy to come and help or teach me about that stuff.

Last summer was rough but don’t get defeated by heat. Water in the morning, mulch like crazy (you can never use too much mulch), and provide afternoon shade. You’re set.

Pic is from last summer, temp was over 105F : MOIST

Attached: BE7AE24B-4B31-4530-B5AE-50A77A2FD241.jpg (1536x2048, 1.39M)

>last two summers have been brutally hot.
Dude. A couple of days were Phoenix hot, which is unreasonable this far north. Fortunately, the precipitation was good so the water war gets put off for another year.

Life is literally meaningless if you do not do this. There is nothing else worth aiming for except living the comfy offgrid family-life.

Attached: 1511830783851.jpg (1258x698, 279K)

>based peach tree braving the elements next to faggot cactus

Attached: 61A48CAA-C898-43B6-B93F-C45DD4CA560A.jpg (1536x2048, 2.02M)

how'd you get started?

During the heat wave in early summer, SD county shattered record high temps. I think the desert got north of 117F a few days in a row. It was bad.

how often are women interested in this kind of lifestyle?

Depends. I live in the pyrenees so it's cold and windy here, but there are many other areas with more forgiving weather.

off-grid living is illegal

Probably close to never and if they are then they're just hippies who probably just wants to raise animals and be vegans with no children.

Attached: 1427394539967.jpg (707x743, 71K)

that's what i figured, was hoping for a different answer tho