Why isn't Azumanga Daioh given enough attention nowadays...

Why isn't Azumanga Daioh given enough attention nowadays? Is it because it's 16 years old or have "better animes" come across and put it in the dust?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfsgN_2nc3w
ib.axypb.net/azu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's 16 years old yes that

Happier times
youtube.com/watch?v=MfsgN_2nc3w

Because it is moeshit.

yet you care about k-on and non non biyori? azumanga has much less moe than a lot of other sol anime i've watched

It's almost 20 years old, the best place you're gonna be able to discuss it is the occasional threads on here or ib.axypb.net/azu/

It probably gets more attention than anything else from 2001.

I've been avoiding the fuck out of rewatching it, don't want to taint my good memories.

It's still pretty good, the manga is better desu
ehhh, I don't know, I see more threads about that era more and more every day. Seems to be making a comeback of sorts.

It doesn't get attention because it is pretty old and a lot of series copied it's formula years later so the newer shit made slice of life shows feel samey. The big problem is that it's an old series. It's hard enough getting Sup Forums to focus on stuff that isn't the current season except for a few generals.

>it's pretty old

much older series get discussed frequently.

at least people have heard of it. literally no one knows pani poni dash exists anymore, for example

A lot of Sup Forums fondly remembers this one, though

i actually own the entire manga in one huge book (except for supplementary lessons, which i don't think has been given an official translation)
dbz, fisting the north star

The only truly "old" series that gets consistently discussed is Eva, and that's because Eva is so fucked up nobody knows what it's about, so we have to argue over it.

>animes

how do people forget about one of the most .gif-able shows though

That and the fact that Sup Forums is literally an evangelion fansite, we're keeping those up as a vain lighthouse of hope for moot to come back. Even though he hates /ajp/.
How many of these shows besides Azumanga get regular threads?

The shelf life here is pretty short. It doesn't make much difference if a show is from 2013 or 2001. Quality is what's more relevant. So of course Sup Forums won't discuss it often, because this board hates nice things.

>Sup Forums
>discussing anything other than FOTM bullshit

It's also because really good shows don't have much to discuss
"Oh, have you guys seen x?"
"Yeah it was great."
"yeah."

>"Oh, have you guys seen x?"
>"Yeah it was shit."
>"yeah."

goes the other way too.

Several of the threads about that era are Azumanga threads though. Seriously, what from that era comes up more? The only thing I can think of is [s4s] Doremi threads.

Azumanga Daioh was the biggest force making me branch out beyond Naruto/Bleach/FMA/shonenshit.

10 years ago, when I was in high school, a friend brought me the manga & assured me I would like it. Really didn't think I would... until I read about 10% of it and found it genuinely amusing.

That said, its old as hell & seasonal anime hogs the spotlight these days.

Still watch some scenes every once and a while

>animes

diminishing results

if you watch azumanga before watching any SoL anime you'll find it good

if you watch azumanga after watching 50 different SoL shows you'll find it derivative

>its old as hell

it's not.
you don't need a lame excuse to no longer discuss something. just let it go. it's fine.

>50 sol shows
man, doesn't it get boring after a while?
It's almost 20 years old, that's pretty old

nichijou is now a go-to show for gifs and webms

>Is it because it's 16 years old

That is a large contributor, yes. I won't say whether or not it's been topped. I really don't think so but that's beside the point. It's just that it's, well it's over. It's been over for a long long time. It had it's run and ended well but there's really nothing left to really go into detail about. We still have threads from time to time but you can't expect a show that's been over for a decade and half to really have the kind of active discussion on a quick board.

dunno why evangelion still has so many threads though

It's mostly waifu/shipping wars. There's also an infamous shitposter who eggs on the shippers.

Speaking of this: ib.axypb.net/azu/ /azu/ is still around if you really want to discuss it, it's a shadow of what it once was but there still is a following for it. It's glacially slow.

Man imagine being on Sup Forums and discussing Azumanga Daioh in it's prime.

Reminder that Nyamo is used goods. She literally had a boytoy phase. Remember that when you waifu her or call her "best girl".

Everyone was an underage tripfag but Sup Forumsnon was still positive and enjoyed the medium

T. Yukari.

Doesn't change the fact that she matured, grew up and is one of the kindest most responsible, loving people in the whole show and would make a fantastic wife.

KINKO KANKO KINKO KANKO KINKO KAAAAAAAAA~

Nyamo couldn't into math. She's an idiot. She only knows how to do PE stuff.

my favorite part about old Sup Forums was moot's shitposts and random bans... I didn't even watch anime or read manga back then. Sup Forums was just the best board.

times have changed.

And? None of that detracts from what counts inside. None of that changes that she'll treat you well, provide a patient ear and take your worries away with only a smile.

Really, Yukari. Now you're just coming off as desperate.

The 4koma was pretty good, but the anime was quite bad and this is why Azuma won't ever let Yotsubato! air.

>None of that detracts from what counts inside.
Like the entire football team? Whoops!

She's a slut, senpai. And is now a cake because she didn't settle and just wanted to fool around.

>the bit where Tomo eggs her on to talk about "ero ero" stuff and Nyamo spends the whole night talking about her sexual exploits

Fuck I love Tomo. She's such a little shit.

I'm gonna write a VN about getting NTR'd by her, would anyone play it in 2017?

I would!

Only just watched it for the first time recently. Wasn't really impressed to be honest and almost dropped it. I stayed for the miracle of this universe that is Sakaki though and it was a bit better later on. Ending was really good too.

Yomi turned me into a Meganefag so long ago.

Was Osaka autistic or just so smart that she was on another plain of brain activity and looked dimwitted to her brainlet normalfag friends?

Why are you newfags unable to comprehend that everything has already been discussed to death?
Just because you watched a show 2 decades too late, it doesn't mean that everyone has to be as excited as you.

Shows like eva only have frequent threads due to rei/asuka shitposting.

Classic Azu question: Where are they girls now?

I remember seeing this image all the time with Azumanga Daioh related stuff a long time ago.

You're a bitch, Yukari

apparently it's because yotsubato wouldn't translate well into an anime

>Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai
What a coinkydink, I was going to make a Abenobashi thread sometime this week.

I really need to rewatch this, I really liked it when I was growing up and I do love Munemune.

I refuse to believe that. It would be expensive as fuck but it's hardly impossible.

>and I do love Munemune
Yeah she was great.

I also remember the series also being pretty damn depressing during a couple episodes.

who else wouldn't care about scarring a 10 year old for life

>DUDE I GOT BITTEN BY A CAT LMAO xd

It was unfunny shit.

That's like saying Evangelion is only about robots fighting.

Don't worry user, i'm sure one day a cat will love you.

I know a lot of people prefer the manga for reasons like pacing but I honestly enjoy the anime a lot more.

I really like the voices for most of the characters, especially Tomo and Osaka.
The ost/animation is also simple and nice.

Maybe it's because I didn't read it until a while after I watched it, but it takes me back.

A lot of the implied lewd in the manga was remove in the series to reach a broader audience. Also Kimura looked totally like a psycho lolicon in the anime while in Azuma's work he seemed more like a strange nice guy,

Azumanga was the first anime I watched when I really started to get into the hobby, and the first I watched in the original Japanese

It'll always have a special place in my heart, but I'm scared that it won't hold up on a rewatch.

It's still really good

I haven't watched the last episode. I wasn't strong enough.

I rewatch it every summer, just like i replay Yume Nikki every summer too. They were both the things that helped me cope during a very difficult time in my life, so i cannot dislike them.
That being said, everything that there's to discuss has already been discussed. Now it belongs on favourite anime/manga lists and nostalgic threads. Not that there's something wrong with that.

Do it user. Everytime i start reading it i can't stop untill i finish it despite knowing how bittersweet it is.

>no longer discuss
>in a thread discussing it

I am confused. And yes its very old compared to many of the topics common on Sup Forums.

>Is it because it's 16 years old
>"there is no way"
>2002

It slips away anons, like sand trough your hands...

nom

It lives on through the waifu autism movement.

Azumanga Daioh has reached my country's age of consent. I could fuck it legally.

Great show, probably classic Gainax most underrated work. Same director as Monster and Made in Abyss, too.

Dear Sup Forums:
I, like many of you, suffer from problems. My problems don't involve any of your implausible ones, but mine are worth voicing to you in hope of getting some advice.
Anyways, I began to watch Azumanga Daioh about a month ago, and as I dove deeper and deeper into the series, the more and more I fapped to hentai of it. I continued to do so until the last episode.
Then I watched the series again...and again... and again... I found myself checking out Osaka every on-screen moment she had. I began to stop going to my regular sites just to look at hentai of one person: Osaka.
I eventually had 1000s of pictures and some doujins of Osaka. I began to spend what others called absurd amounts of money on merchandise, and my apartment is coated with Osaka everywhere. I've shut myself off from family and friends and felt an urge to just snuggle with my Osaka dolls. Osaka is all I need. She probably wouldn't like the way my family is or how my friends behave.
I'm in love with Osaka. I keep praying that she'll come to see me one day and decide to live with me. I have nothing left to live for but Osaka. I know she can hear me, so I always talk to her telling her to come and visit me so our union can take place.
So this is where you guys come into the picture. You're an all-purpose advice board. You definitely must know a way to help Osaka break free from behind her glass prison.

Bad tier:
>Tomo, Yomi

Barren tier:
>Yukari

Not for sexual tier
>Kaorin, Chiyo

Great tier
>Kagura, Sakaki, Nyamo

Best tier
>Osaka

Literally no one on Sup Forums dislikes Osaka. It's bizarre.

because she's a mindfucker

yeah not much to say about Azumanga other than it was great

>Why isn't Azumanga Daioh given enough attention nowadays?
It ended so long ago, what the fuck do you expect?

It's too old for many to care, unfortunately.

I never really watched hack sign
Was it good?

Depends very heavily on how much you like Yuki Kajiura's music

> how much you like Yuki Kajiura's music
A bit