ITT: Bad ways to start a story

ITT: Bad ways to start a story.

I was an ordinary high school boy until I met her one day...

>No one cared who I was until I put on the mask

agreed, being in spanish is a very bad sign

>He has a large bulbous nose
can't unsee

How did the Japanese readers react to the opening lines being in Spanish?

>Tsunderes are hot shit right now amongst the otakus right?

I wonder how many millions of people dropped the show at this point.

nobody likes it when people speak spanish

Series that start at a point, then has a really long flashback to catch it up to that point.
Berserk does it and its just because of the nature of getting manga published, the first volume has to hook the readers for the long haul right at the start and the series.
Starting with Guts just being a raped orphan of war isn't as good of a hook as badass traveling monster slayer with a massive sword literally fucking monsters and blowing their heads off with a arm canon in the first few pages.

But they picked it back up afterwards.

A shame. Her design is 8/10

Truck-kuns are evil, but truck-kuns containing killer horses are worse

pic unrelated? that looks interesting

Reverse isekai?

I think Kaiji started spectacularly poorly
Whos going to look at this and go "yeah thats normal" or like the mc when he gets in trouble later? He's a fucking psycho.

What's wrong with a predator chasing some easy prey

>loser angry at society
>hard to empathize with or understand
Kaiji as a character is way easier to understand than your average romance plot.
>let's wait fifteen years before dating because it's romantic

Pic related

We're all losers angry at society here, except we dont slash tires for fun.
Did the show just age poorly, like he would be masturbating alone in front of his pc if it was made today?

That doesn't seem weird at all for delinquents, kids in my school threatened teachers with this. Did kids these days get so much softer? Maybe you grew up in the city.

The story would be completely different if it was a teenager in a gang doing it because of peer pressure.
An adult guy living on his doing it changes the setting to "someone should institutionalize him before he commits serial murder/rape.

>We're all losers angry at society here, except we dont slash tires for fun.
When I was angry at society loser in middle school stealing and fucking up private property was funny as fuck

>damaging a tire means he could commit murder/rape
What the hell? user you seem weirdly sheltered and underestimate how stupid and frustrated adults can be.

Would you live with a guy who thinks slashing tires is fun?
Would you lend money to him?
Would you hire an employee like that?
Would you leave your child with him for care taking for any length of time?
Would you leave your wife to sleep in the same house as him?

I would not. I'd stay the fuck away from him.
It's not that you know 100% what he will do, its that you dont know what he will do.

Pussy

>Would you lend money to him?
>Would you hire an employee like that?

Isn't that kinda the whole point of the show?

Theres plenty of stories where someone is moneyfucked but they're you know, sane, and you're made to relate to their issues. Kaiji is not relatable at all. Thats why I said its a bad way to start off a story.

>haha the best way to end a story is to do it really quickly out of nowhere with no buildup xD
>they actually fucking do it
fuck ohba forever.

sauce

Shouldn't she get hit by cart instead?

But nobody does any of those things to Kaiji, he's "the epitome of human trash" that keeps having serious issues with gambling

What about good ways to start a story?
>first episode begins with a flash foward to the final episode

Phantom World

>boring monologue by boring generic MC
>boring generic MC being annoyingly late for school
>constant cuts to bimbo heroine with big tits bouncing around in bloomers

>teenage boy walking the street and is just teleported into a fantasy world
no explanation no nothing, just "lol isekai'd". Even Konosuba did it better
then what is his reaction?
>oh wow I got isekai'd, just according to keikaku, lets go adventure!

I've never seen a story start off on such a bad footing. This is the mc im supposed to watch for 25 episodes? No thank you.

would actually be a good start for the story if he got brain damage from after hitting his head on the pavement like that.

>Damaging property is psychotic behavior.
It's called being petty. That's the whole point of Kaijis introduction, he is broke, in debt, lives in a shitty apartment, has a shitty job and is a shitty person all around because he gets his jollies doing petty vandalism because it makes him feel like he's getting back at society for his terrible lot in life, he doesn't think rich people could get all the money in wholesome ways, so he also thinks they sort of deserve getting their stuff busted. It's a perfect demonstration of a pitiful person

ITT: Bad ways to start a thread.
>using a spic image

I was laughing like a motherfucking.

Kaiji is sane, he's just pathetic, that's the whole point. You do emphasis with him, if you're not an idiot, you see he's in a shitty, dead end life. Kaiji takes place during a time where Japan's economy and job market was in the gutter, Kaiji is a representation of a person in that situation, living in that time of social unrest in a society that could not financially support the majority. It shows that Kaiji is frustrated with his life, and with no way to get out of it, he vents his frustrations, and rather than take it out on a person, he vents hid frustration on wealthy people's cars, cause to him its not just property, it's a symbol of that person's better life, a life Kaiji envies, and a symbol of a life he, seemingly, will never attain, so he vents by destroying that image, to get some small, petty comeuppance for that person bring more successful.

"This is going to be the best time ever!"
>Subaru has literally the worst time ever

>he vents hid frustration on wealthy people's cars
What do we call an adult who causes harm to other people or their property without understanding he's hurting them?

Kaiji is a petty manchild, not a sociopath

What

During most of the story hes that, in the beginning he's a psycho. If he acted the same way all the time everyone would be put off from reading the series.

hold on is that truck kun in a medieval world? Fuck you that's interesting.

Its his eyeball popping out

Yeah he surprisingly pulls himself up except for the whole gambling addiction thing

But he doesn't attack people. He also knows he's harming the person by damaging their property, he just rationalizes it by believing they have plenty of money to fix their fancy stuff. It's why he doesn't do substantial damage. Hell slash a tire or steal a hood ornament, but he doesn't break windows or cut breaks, it's petty vandalism, and he only does it to really fancy cars, like sports cars or the like that show then owner has a lot of money.

>we dont slash tires for fun
I join up with the black bloc and push over trashcans

Nigga, it ain't psychotic to slash someone's tires or steal their hood ornaments, it's being a piece of shit, but it's not psychotic. Kaiji never attacks a person, since hrs too spineless at the start to even stand up for himself, and he never goes beyond petty vandalism. You really don't understand human psychology if you think hrs psychotic because he fucks with some rich guys car.

Those are his bulging eyes, user

>that hairstyle
>that glasses
>8/10

Get your eyes checked

yeah, it was hilarious

Yeah well the author removed her from the story anyways, what does the signal in your opinion?

That he prefers the thick, shapely ladies and cute plush lolis he has?

Is this supposed to remind me of Little House on the Prairie?

The fact that the original Black Swordsman chapters immediately precede The Golden Age completely rectifies the complaint in question. You start off with a couple volumes of the badass swordsman slaughtering demons and a good deal of plot that ends up getting fully fleshed out, then by the time his origin story kicks in you're fully invested and actually want to learn more about the guy.
Precisely what makes Berserk so enthralling and Guts so compelling as a character is getting to watch as he grows and progresses in life every arduous step of the way.

Absolute garbage. But Ajin is a good story.

When I first read Berserk what got me thru the Golden Age arc was wanting to know what Griffin did to make Guts hate him so much. It was pretty amazing getting to the point in the eclipse where Guts goes apeshit

>That blatantly literal English to Spanish translation
Please amigos, absolutely no one speaks like that

>Oh, no! i'm late for school!
>This is "generic MC" from today will be a student of this school.
>Hello, i'm generic MC, i'm an average at everything average guy that dream to be average and... oh,no! What happened? I'm in a fantasy world...

Fucking hell, I'm glad I don't read "spanish" scanlations despite being a native spaniard. That's painfull to read. Translated from english nearly word for word, stilted as fuck. Not even the grammar works.

I'd read that

English scanlations are often pretty bad, too.

Spanish "scanlators" and "fansubbers" are the scum of the Earth.
Every single one of them barely speak and write proper Spanish, let alone English, and always do indirect translating cause lol japanese too hard xd.
Fuck 'em.

>Delivery 01
>The story is actually about the truck(s)
Monthly gag manga of the generation.