Haikyuu Sucks

Just started this one out of uber-boredom, i was totally baited by the reviews, its too cringy too be true. Any adult that considers it decent needs proffessional help

muh volleyball

>cringy
I hate teenagers so fucking much.

>reaction images
I hate teenagers so fucking much.

It's just a sports shounen with decent animation. What do you object to?

Breaking news, shit stinks.

>reviews
boy, I wonder which site reviews. should have stayed there.

>not enjoying sports anime like Haikyuu or Kuroko for the action, good animation and soundtrack

OP is a super fujo so not getting gay every second ruined her time.

It's pretty awful. Even just aside from the fact that it's your everyday shitty shonen, and everything that comes with that, the shitty gag cuts are so pervasive and poorly timed. Like the show can't go more than 1 minute without at least 1 unfunny gag cut with a wacky sound effect to hit their shonen humor quota.

Fun things are fun.

>It's pretty awful. Even just aside from the fact that it's your everyday shitty shonen, and everything that comes with that, the shitty gag cuts are so pervasive and poorly timed. Like the show can't go more than 1 minute without at least 1 unfunny gag cut with a wacky sound effect to hit their shonen humor quota.
are you sure you just don't hate comedy

It's hard to even call what Haikyuu does comedy. You can only really even tell that it's meant to be comedy because there's a goofy sound effect and somebody makes an exaggerated face. There isn't actually anything comedic being said or done in any of these gags. It honestly just feels like the author is just filling some mandatory Jump comedy quota, but he doesn't actually have anything funny to include, so he just uses the "wacky sound effect combined with exaggerated face" as a default go-to gag to get the job done so the editor will accept it.

why the fuck do you need reviews for a sports shounen? its all the same shit

Fuck you guys, Haikyuu is great.

this just sounds like the kinda shit that people say about any genre they don't like

Haikyuu isn't a great series or anything, but you need to stop taking yourself so seriously.

No extreme power ups or beams. Just the average sports format and good character interactions. It was pretty entertaining for a lazy Sunday.

It's ironic because the general complaint is that Haikyuu has too much sports and not enough slice of life and comedy sections. It sounds like you're talking about a different series all together.

the way you type makes you sound like a bigger faggot than the characters in the show.

All the Haikyuus are straight pure Christian boys.

It's the best of its genre, that's all. Sports anime aren't for anyone, they're mostly for people who like cute boys and action without life-or-death stakes.

Is it actually?
What makes it better than Slam Dunk, Major, Ookiku Furikabutte, besides shiny new visuals to appeal to newfags?

Nothing, it's just another sports shounen that recycles the same old formula.