DBSuper (Original Super Saiyan God)

What do you guys think about Toriyama giving the original super saiyan a name and canon backstory?

Questions asked during an interview here:
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Yamoshi

Wiki page for a quick rundown instead here:
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Yamoshi

New movie in 2018 MIGHT be about him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKndto15M
twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/938112903651184640
twitter.com/TOYOTARO_Vjump/status/938141220429225989
db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really keeping up with new DB stuff

Does this Yamoshi person mean that Episode of Bardock is non-canon

It was always non-canon. Which is a shame, I quiet liked it.

quite*
I'm retarded.

Happy.
Anything that gets us away from the regular cast is great.

Don't worry, we knew that when you said you liked Episode of Bardock.

Whats wrong with Episode of Bardock?

It makes Bardock too special which goes against the entire point of that character.

It's a fun nonsense special, but it's Bardock-wanking trash to its core. It has no place alongside the regular material.

I appreciate your point.
Considering its non-canon, it still fine, right? If it was canon and had to be considered alongside main stuff then I can imagine myself disliking it.

Yeah, I have no genuine issues with it as a fun what-if story. It's got great music and animation.

So turning Bardock into Jor-El is fine but a non canon manga is fine?

Dragon ball minus is way a bigger issue. Toriyama is a Snyderfag for fucks sake.

>What do you guys think about Toriyama giving the original super saiyan a name and canon backstory?

Shit, like everything done in an attempt to cash from nostalgia, just retroactively ruins things

Looks like Batman.

>It was always non-canon.
It was considered canon by Shueisha's 30th anniversary manga timeline (which separated anime material from manga material, but included that on the level of manga material).

Toriyama himself had never shown any signs of acknowledging it though, even in the interview published with the Episode of Bardock manga he said that it'd be pointless to bring back Bardock because he'd be too weak (which suggested that he was ignoring the whole "became a SSJ!" story).

>bardock weak
Muffling towa in the distance

A new movie about the original SS would actually be perfect. Because if it sucks, I have no reason to watch it. And also so they don't do the same thing they did with Super adapting the two movies.

Heroes and Xenoverse 2 turned Bardock into a Super Saiyan 3 able to hold off a guy who gave even God/Blue Goku trouble. How's that for wanking?

if anything its goku-wanking because it just means that goku's family is obviously more special than vegeta's

so the guy die fighting low level saiyajins, thats pretty retarded

How does bardock being weak in the present time would have anything to do with the bardock episode being canon or not?

it probably wore off like it did during the goku vs beerus fight

this. Toriyama never even liked Z. He wants to write shitty unfunny gag mangas, his editors is the only reason why Dragon ball was ever good. You can tell he has no respect for his work when he actually forgot launch existed. He both doesn't remember the details of dragon ball and doesn't care to contradict them with nonsense if he did. the man is a HACK and the cancer that's killing the series.

He ran out of energy, he was probably up against hundreds of thousands of great apes and he's said to be violent/reckless so he didn't conserve his energy.

The original story that he accidentally blew up old saiyan planet and killed himself if better though.

that second version has more sense

dude as much as i want the bardock tv special to be canon it just isn't. toriyama retconned it with that fucking stupid minus superman-ripoff story. and even when people did consider the bardock tv special to be canon, nobody considered EoB to be canon because toriyama has never acknowledged its existence within canon material unlike the tv special which is mentioned in the namek arc

>Toriyama never even liked Z.
>The manga which made him one of the msot respected and popular mangaka ever
>Complained abotu the early shitty animation of Toei for Super
>Doesn't like it
You guys and your headcanon.

Episode of Bardock was written by Naho Ōishi.

It was always considered non-canon from the start, because it was published in V-Jump to promote DB Heroes.

why didn't they revive the original saiyan god and have him instead of roshi/tien/krillin in the tournament?

Minus shouldn't be a problem unless people actually believed that Goku and Raditz were bastard children born from a one night stand between Bardock and Seripa in the first special.

I find it pretty interesting that Vegeta more or less causes every single arc to unfold in Z, while Goku does this for Super. Even if it wasn't intentional, it's a pretty nice contrast.

Nah, that's not the issue, real fans always knew about the hardon Toriyama on superman, it just that minus coming after he saw Man of Steel was a little too much, I like jiren, it's subtle and just drinks out of an archtype "the flying brick", that's more than enough, a nod to something is fun, minus it's just too much. I do want more bardock.

Broly's return when?

>Walking down the streets with my friends
>See little hispanic kid running around
>Hear his Mom calling him
>Gohan don't go too far.
We laughed our assess off.

So they retconned Bardock going back in time and going SSJ, creating the myth? Good.

Broly already returned. Just this time with boobs.

Broly with a penis will never return.

It was never "retconned" as it was never canon to begin with.

See:

Even better.

>Cucklifla didn't get SSB
>or SSG
>or even SSJ3
>Cucklifla hid in a hole for 10 episodes, getting no stronger in 23 episodes while CHADbba caught up to her
>Vegeta cares about reviving CHADbba, no one cares about reviving Cucklifla

Cute!

Yamoshi is fine. S Cells are fine. Gine is (really) fine. Hell, even Super is fine.
DB Minus however, isn't. Bardock: The Father of Goku and The History of Trunks were the best DB episodes.

>always considered non-canon
Rather, it should have been, but the same thing happens with each new offering (retards taking any hint of scent from AT as an authentic work valid for primary continuity discussion).

Minus is utter trash. I hate how they keep trying portray Bardock as a good guy and making Goku even more superman was stupid.
I liked that Bardock was an asshole space pirate that did not give a fuck, it made Goku being a good guy better.

Now we just serious non childish Goku.

That's fucking retarded. First super saiyanjin was a ridiculous power multiplier that shits on the multiplier of oozaru, let alone becoming a super saiyanjin god. Dude should've been able to wipe out all the apes without problems instead of losing like a colossal faggot. Also, S cells are horrible shit and only makes the SS mythos even more pointlessly retarded

>Bardock: The Father of Goku and The History of Trunks were the best DB episodes.

Sad that the two best episodes of DBZ were Toei filler

Really tingles the noggin

>more like Superman
Despite supposedly hating that Funi made Goku act this way, AT sure seems happy to draw more comparisons (approving stupid stories going out to breath new life into the comparison).

>saiyanjin
You having a go?

>multiplier
Oozaru had a canon multiplier, but SS did not. It has an official one.

>S-Cells
Somehow not as shit as the 'tingles'.

It further proves that the only thing that made dragon ball decent were tori's editors keeping him on a leash and later the anime editors changing his stuff for the better

Ya know, I've seen people say that pic related is Yamoshi, but does anyone know where the pic even comes from?

> First super saiyanjin was a ridiculous power multiplier that shits on the multiplier of oozaru

That's the problem, it's a multiplier. A Super Saiyan with a weak base could conceivably be weaker than oozaru, and lose to multiple oozaru. That gives credit to the S Cell argument for why Yamoshi could be weaker than Namek Goku but still go SSJ1.

Unless Yamoshi was the weakest saiyan ever, he should've been packing too much heat for the oozarus to handle him. I mean, weren't the average low class monkeymen around a raditz in power and only very few of them reached the levels of nappa? And he even went further and become a SSG

Besides, dude was boss enough to become the leader of five more monkeys, and they don't follow people just because they are charismatic, they have always respected power.

Definitely not. Yamoshi's silhouette looked like Vegeta in BoG but since it's been retconned Tori could change his design.

>between Raditz and Nappa
So 1K-8K range elevated by Oozaru to 10x this (10K to 80K). Even as a low class, he should be strong enough to keep up (even without just taking out their tail or the source of the transformation). An 'official' oddity like Bardock isn't likely (same for an elite on King Vegeta's level in the distant past *forget about a super elite as with his son*).

I'm gonna wash you scrubs in DBFZ, if you're on stream prepare for Gohan_Blanco perfecting you.

youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKndto15M

He's ugly

>twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/938112903651184640
He's gonna be shit tier, even the devs are openly shitting on him.

I hate how small they made his Kamehameha, I hope its just because of his powering up thing that its so small

Shit, I didn't expect to laugh this much when I clicked that link

They know that Gohan has a new power up incoming so his previous "Ultimate" form will no longer be his current full power.

Come on Jobhan.

twitter.com/TOYOTARO_Vjump/status/938141220429225989

>It was always considered non-canon from the start
So, you didn't even read my post? It was considered canon by Shueisha, who co-own the franchise. AT himself never seemed to consider it canon though.

db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html
>バーダックはフリーザに最後まで抵抗するも惑星ベジータの爆発に巻き込まれ遠い過去の世界へ飛ばされる。

>Bardock resists against Freeza to the end, but is caught in the explosion of Planet Vegeta and thrown to a world in the distant past.

Because the way Toriyama talked about him in the interview he was a common low level warrior not a freaking SSJ, so he clearly wasn't counting the events of Episode of Bardock.

>To be honest, I haven’t thought it through that far, but Bardock is a low-class warrior. Although even saying that, almost all Saiyans were low-class warriors, and there were only about 10 mid-class warriors. And when you get to the elite warriors, there’s only King Vegeta and Prince Vegeta. Bardock is in the upper ranks as far as low-class warriors go, but he isn’t able to become a mid-class warrior.

>But unfortunately, Bardock has been dead for quite some time, so you probably won’t be able to see him in action except in stories of the past. There is the trick of having Shenlong bring him back to life, but by this point, his battle power isn’t high enough, so methinks it’d be a bit difficult.

Note that he already scrapped the class divisions mentioned in this interview though. Information from Toriyama interviews doesn't always remains consistent. Some stuff does (Freeza being a mutant born with his power was actually revealed in interviews years before Revival F), but there's a lot of other stuff that falls aside.

As noted, every new piece of shit to plop out is official. It will invariably be met with cries of it being canon no matter how wrong this is.

>Vegeta wins the ToP
>Wishes to bring back universes
>It's not possible
>He decides that instead he will go back in time and stop the ToP from happening
>He's now in a time far before the story takes place
>He appears on his home planet
>Everyone think he's an invader
>He's forced to go SSB to fend off the entire colony
>The legend is born
>The snake eats its own tail

That timeline doesn't include "every piece of shit" though. It specifically separates anime events from the manga ones, but still includes the Episode of Bardock reference as a manga level event.

>click thread thinking OP pic is a dbz vs super comparison
>it's actually DBZ vs DBFZ

>anime and manga
And movies (and specials *and games*). I don't care about the timeline talk you're referring to. Fans claiming all new filth is a valid and authentic offering to be taken as seriously as the source material. That concerns me.

No the average was lower than Raditz, they were all late dragonball tier strong in that they were as strong as Goku and Piccolo facing Raditz. Raditz was only that strong since he was one of the few remaining saiyans alive that was assigned with Vegeta and Nappa so he had harsher battles that he could get stronger by slowly.

>loses ssb power
>jobs to a bunch of low level saiyans
makes sense

>tfw you will never have a best friend like this

I like these

No, Minus is even more offensive than EoB. Don't get the wrong idea.

Why Goten and Trunks are best friend? why they can't have friends without powers? Pilaf's gang doesn't count.

Are these alternate hairstyles for Shin, Vados, and Kibito?

>why they can't have friends without powers
they would accidently kill them.

Plus all the kids must think they're freaks

More evidence that Jiren's wish will be to revive all the erased universes, even the 6 that were erased before... then he will convince Zeno that keeping the universes alive and having a tournament every year is more fun than just erasing them.

Jiren, savior of the multiverse.

>implying they aren't more than friends

After he had been "upgraded" with god knows what by Towa's demon magiscience. Even Mira commented how strong he was, and that was before Bardock got his senses back after the mind control was broken

Who'd win these fights:

Current SSB Vegetto vs Jiren
Merged Zamasu (anime) vs SSJ2 Kefla
Toppo vs Freeza
Vegeta vs Hit
17 vs Gohan
Berserker Kale vs Dyspo

everyone listed on the right

Jiren
Zamasu I guess
Toppo
Vegeta
Dyspo

demon realm Steroids

Don't forget Towa is both a sorceress, the Demon realm queen and a scientist so she has the witties, the resources and the power to turn bardock into a powerful mind controlled warrior

>Why don't they have friends without powers? Trunks' friends without powers don't count
Really?

What are the chances the movie is about the demon realm?

Vegetto
Zamasu (he's immortal)
Frieza
Hit
Gohan
Dyspo

I think Jiren would win simply because Vegito would burn through his hour too fast.
Other than that, you're spot on

its hard because Vegito should have access to UI at that point, right?

Maybe, but still, he wouldn't last long enough in UI to win against Jiren

Jiren unless Vegetto gets UI
Really close in power but Zamasu is immortal
Toppo, manga version should win easily
Vegeta
Gohan
Kale

Vegeta already lost to Hitto.

The series isn't over yet user. This is a tournament between the weakest universes.

There is also the high priest who is only confirmed to be one of the top five strongest beings and also gives me a heavy "probably a villain" vibe.

>Cucklifla didn't get SSB
>or SSG
No shit, you gotta do the ritual for that.

>Vegito
>This is tricky, Kefla could probably destroy him with extreme diff. at full power, but that would just make him go full Gyigas
>Freeza
>Hit
>Gohan
>Dyspo

how strong is Frieza currently?

Weaker than Jiren but stronger than Piccolo.

>Vegeta cares about reviving CHADbba, no one cares about reviving Cucklifla
You have to be a dumbass to believe that.
The Mantlet is angery because he just witnessed a saiyan genocide the second time around, this time from the front row, and not because he cares about the betacuck enough to go on a roaring rampage of revenge.

that seems like a wide spectrum

He clearly doesn't care about him though. Vegeta is just being tsundere as always.

Ran out of time. Pity.

>with Frieza
I was only interested in talking Vegeta, but if you want to get into Frieza, so be it (not much time though).

>we're talking about Fridge-kun
You kids are silly. He promised to kill Frieza (for killing Krillin), then breaks another promise (like with the one where Vegeta got spared). He gives energy (boredom combined with mercy). Frieza gets himself blasted. In the rematch (different timeline), Goku kills him (no match and no mercy).

hes 2nd strongest on u7

implying kale doesnt have an uncut futa cock.