What do you think about Ikuhara, Sup Forums?

What do you think about Ikuhara, Sup Forums?

I like his work, apart from gay bears. Can't say anything about him as a person

This desu

Utena > Sailor Moon S > Mawaru Penguindrum >>>>> Yuri Kuma Arashi

I lost all my respect for him because of Yuri Kuma AraSHIT.

Nice legs

Mawaru Penguindrum is a masterpiece, Utena is great and Yurikuma Arashi is bad. Have not seen Sailor Moon though

like his interviews and from what I've read his personality. He'll always be my favorite director.

A man who is the true spiritual successor to Osamu Dezaki and is just as good.

YKA is a fun show, I don't know why it gets so much hate here on Sup Forums

>just as good.
>as Dezaki
I like Ikuhara user, but I don't think he's at the same level, nor has the same amount of range/legacy that Dezaki cultivated.

Give him time and he'll get there.

He already as a school of thought named after him as far as direction goes.

It's a bit of decent fun, but compare it to Ikuhara's other works which are masterpieces, and it falls very short.

I feel bad for him because there was no way he could make Penguindrum without it getting compared to Utena and he tried really hard and in the end Utena was just better. The first episode was hype as fuck but in the end the story just meandered all over the place like a schizophrenic Murakami novel and didn't accomplish anything.

Ikuhara a CUTE
Utena my favourite anime
Penguindrum is great and YKA has some great parts too, and is overall good.
Also I don't think Sailor Moon would be as popular as it is without his participation.

>Murakami
I think you mean Miyazawa. He was the ultimate influence for Penguindrum. I definitely appreciated it much more after watching Night on the Galactic Railroad.

No, I mean Murakami, because it was shit.

>I don't think Sailor Moon would be as popular as it is without his participation
The manga and Sato directed seasons were already insanely popular.

>the story just meandered all over the place like a schizophrenic Murakami novel
No, really, did Murakami fuck your mother or something? Why do you feel it’s necessary to express your hatred for him in every Ikuhara thread you find?

>hating on Murakami
Go read Hard-boiled Wonderland, faggot.

I wouldn't say that. Dezaki already did both Ashita no Joe seasons, Nobody's Boy: Remi, Takarajima and Rose of Versailles within 10 years of his directoral debut. That's a lot of quality and influence right there. Some of the best anime ever made even.

Wow dude I've literally never done that on Sup Forums before. Does it blow your mind that multiple people could have the same conclusion? That's literally what it felt like. Sorry that pisses you the heck off so much.

It wasn't though.

It's a /lit/ meme, because alt-righters hate post-modernism and multiculturalism. Don't reply to him.

>tfw Dezaki made RoV and AnJ2 back-to-back

Just what was it that made Dezaki absolutely kill it from 1979-1980?

This

He looks like a jap Doc Hammer

Chain smoking

I never got to check it out but I see a lot of anons not liking Yuri Kuma. What was so bad about it? A friend of mine keeps telling me to watch it since he finds it to be as good as other Ikuhara shows but I'm somewhat ambivalent from the things I've read.

There's nothing wrong with it, people just wanted it to be another Utena, and it wasn't that.

I love him

Uh why is he so handsome?

He looks a lot like a friend of mine there

ANNOOOOOOOOOO

I don't know why people hate on it either. It's the weakest Ikuhara show, yes, but it's not objectively bad. Most of my friends didn't like how rushed it felt since he was only given one cour to work with, but he did the best he could with what he had.

He has questionable taste in /fa/.

When do you think we can expect info on his new Mappa series?

Spring at the earliest. The staff openings were posted just a few months ago so I don’t think they’ll have anything concrete beyond a “production confirmed.”

Alpha male

Living through the Penguinbear hell once more will be fun.

No homoseksualiteit, but he's easily the most handsome man in anime.

I love the way anything he directs looks. Which got me through Yuri Kuma despite not giving a shit about the characters or story.
I want him to direct a fabulous anime musical. I think it'd really suit his love of surreal bullshit and repetition.

While not directed by Ikuhara, you should watch the Utena musicals.

>homosexualiteit
hello fellow dutchfag

Not him but Murakami would fuck your mother in his novel. Every single book of his is shit.

I'm still trying to figure out if the far right image is real or shopped. Either is possible.

What do you think his MAPPA anime be about?
More like hard boiled shit. Japan has much better writers to offer yet you settle for mediocrity.

Who are Japan's best writers? I want to be cultured.

this board is infested with posers

Obviusly lesbians. Ikuhara wants to be a gay little girl.

My're favorite director.

Spiritual successor of Dezaki? Nah man, the guy actively tried to cannibalize and repurpose almost everything that interested him of BeruBara (also the composition and montage style, but honestly, who in the industry hasn't got the smokes from Dezaki's fire in that regard?). It's not about a continuation (as far as I know they never worked together), but a critical appraisal. Also, it's noteworthy that he borrows from a singular facet of Dezaki and he works incredibly slowly and clearly his stuff must always be completely "his", while the former was a fucking monster at almost every single odd job that he got, from Monkey Punch to Tezuka to Ikeda.

This is not to undermine Ikuhara's clear talent, it's just that he isn't the kind of director Dezaki exemplified.

Gay men. The twist is that they turn into lesbians in the end.

I like Penguindrum more than Utena.