Tsukihime

Holy shit the manga is much better than the VN

t.secondary

Should try the anime

anime > VN > manga

The game that came out last year is even better.

Haven't read the manga and I'm only in the first route. The manga probably has better action but does it have the great fatalistic feels?

Far side>manga>near side

don't like how truncated the lore and explanations were in the manga

yes

I don't agree

Manga is amazing, read it when you have time.

Not right after you read the VN because it can get boring reading stuff again, also remember to read +Disc and KT after you finish Tsukihime. Melty Blood Final Tuned too

Well, yeah. Even the VN author said it was.
The weakness of the manga is that it doesn't have the other parts of the VN that were also great.

i won't say it's better but the manga is really great in adapting arc's route, also i like manga ending's more, not to mention arc is really endearing in the manga.
how can he be secondary if he already read the VN?

KnK is still better that Tsuki and Fate in terms of basically everything. I would go as far as to say it's best Nasu's and Ufotable's work. Shame to see the current TM state really, though it's understandable that easy money wins over everything.

Remake never just as any other serious work from Nasu ever again.

>Manga
>Not Midday Moon's Route

I want to go on a romantic candlelit dinner with Arc.

>Byproduct is better than its predecessor
They will never learn, do they?

It worked for Nanoha

Singular case should not be a representative of tendency, just a lucky exception. Besides, If the rework is better than the original it means said original was a flawed work that needed some more work to begin with.

KnK was boring as fuck outside of the 5th and 3rd movie. Shiki's nonsense about people getting 1 kill or dealing with an impulse that's violent and sinful went out the window with the last movie where it's revealed she never even killed anyone. And glasses-kun not dying was complete horseshit.
The 6th movie is also a colossal waste of time. Series is just as flawed as the others.

t. secondary

KnK is a primitive work with pretty basic characters and poor dialogue (though the fan translations of Tsukihime and Fate muddle their quality).

It was also significantly more retarded, pretentious, and incompetently written than the rest of Nasu's work, which is astonishing considering the state of Tsukihime.

>Boring
>What is exposition and suspense
I disagree. Non linear narrative holds you invested really well, never loosens it's grip with every little detail unraveled. The show also don't explain thing straight in a face and like proper thriller expects from the viewer at least some degree of mental work to sort thing out by themselves. Movies are really subtle with many it's elements which again requires attention from the viewer.

I can tell from your complaints that you failed to place some dots and formed a misunderstanding. The fact that Shiki never really killed anyone is only revealed in the very end, and until that point you are being in stuck with hard indecision with facts pointing against each choice, which is a damn good job of keeping the viewer invested. And Lio not killing Mikiya is actually really simple. In the LN after the strike Rio immediately goes into remorse and on about how he can't turn back now. This shows that he really didn't want to kill Mikiya in the first place and the strike was half-hearted.

All in all i think KnK is much more complex and serious work compared to Nasu's later work, where he takes an easy and lazy way of narrative with usual amount of cliché. Because of its subtle and symbolic nature naturally there are people who missed many little details and as a result got a disordered or incomplete picture. And of course, because of it it's less known and appreciated. Nowadays the viewer is so lazy and unperseptive that he's finds it so tedious when the show is required some level of input to really enjoyed it.

No, in the movie itself Mikiya takes 2 or 3 complete deathblows and also SuperDrug which had no reason no to kill him except for dramatic effect. Maybe it was lesser in the novels but it was very jarring here, especially how he kept going long after he should've died while they're trying to be...as serious as they can with Villian-kun
And driving the audience with a fake point isn't very useful by the end, since the character's journey is undermined a lot once you realize they were going off hypotheticals.
Paradox alone is better than Fate/UBW, but HF wins just by being so entertainingly over the top and delivering after literal days of time for setup.

In the LN Mikiya theories about how drugs may helped him survive due to effect on blood circulation. And there really wasn't any fake points, just slightly misleading flashing some things more than others. Which shouldn't pose a problem to attentive viewer, who can sort this thing with not to much effort.

I can understand that not an easy structure of series and even the movies themselves can and work against correct comprehension, but personally i think it's a fair price to pay for really rewarding experience. Well, i also can see why people will call this pretentious, but behind all this the basic ideas are ancient, just the delivery is asking for some effort from the viewer in return.

Nasu did say it was better than Arc's route in the VN, he also wants to surpass it with the remake that will never be released.

>>Boring
>>What is exposition
You lost me

>KnK is much more complex and serious work compared to Nasu's later work
Dude, the entire premise of the story is based on shitty wordplay and a butchered understanding of Ying and Yang. Nasu described it as a depiction of the self-esteem issues a teenage girl faces in high school. He certainly captured that well, but with a distinct lack of self-awareness.

>Because of its subtle and symbolic nature naturally there are people who missed many little details
>the irony
The nuance of Shirou's magic and what it represents, the rebirths he has in each route, the entirely character-driven action, and much, much more completely outstrip KnK because by being so firmly ingrained in the setting, they can pass as simple worldbuilding and plot for plotfags, but despite being extremely consistent with the setting, they still manage to be full of symbolic details, such as how through the two different languages of the UBW chant, it's expressed how the fire in his blood turn his heart to glass(i.e. how his first rebirth in the Great Fire completely recreated his identity) or how when he actually summons UBW, it's borne out of flames just like he was, an anthropomorphic sword forged by the fire of All the World's Evils. He's so inhuman that his magic circuits mutated into an ability that literally only moon aliens and the Counter Force have. Take a look at how extremely visually different UBW is between Shirou and Archer. Should I get started on Kotomine?

And Most of the cliches in Nasu's later work were codified by him.

Don't oversimplify and surmise whole interwoven themes in such a crude fashion, you're bound to make mistakes that way and miss the point.

Don't get me wrong, i like SN too, and i certainly understand all of what you're saying, as i read the damn thing day and days again. The difference as i see it is that the method to deliver the underlying premises is just as important as it complex and multilayered. It may sound strange but the truth is it's not always better to take an easier approach to telling a tale. Sure the complexity is in opposite correlation with the availability and as a result the fewer recognition and many misinterpretation.

Note the difference between acclimation between the two and then try to look at differences in the methods and structure and all will become clear

Maybe the Tsukihime remake will have both depth of character development and highly entertaining plot.

>No cite

I could have sworn this place wasnt reddit...

Oh you. Why should they even bother with it while F/GOY delivers insane amount of money effortlessly. As much as everyone is mad nobody can say that they would have acted any different in their place. So sad.

The non-linear storytelling really isn't that important nor extraordinary. It's just emotionally manipulation to build tension in a way that compromises the actual reality of the narrative faced by the characters. This is a high-schooler's doujinshi, not Ulysses.

>...
You have to go back.

No it isn't
The Arcueid route is better in the manga, but VN > Manga overall.

While true it still does it's job if correctly executed and planned thoroughly. It's not a complication for its own sake. it's a classical method appropriate for certain genre to add depth to the construction of the work.

The manga is easily one of my favorites. It's far better then the VN its adapted from.

Only complaint is it got me to read/watch the other type moon works (FSN & KnK) which where simply bad. Kinda disappointed that Tsukihime is the only good thing they've ever made but oh well.

As far as I can tell, only from a very particular sensationalist perpective. If it really contributes to the narrative in a meaningful way and not just a tonal one, you could try explaining it in words.

It's somewhat subjective. Every person has his own set of viewing habits and preferences. What can be said for sure that precisely because of this the more complex and demanding the story gets the more people will simply be unable to follow through it as was intended. But in this case claiming that was authors fault is simply cheap self justification.

No shit, asshat, but unless you're even more pretentious than KnK, stop repeating yourself ad nauseam and explain why this instance of straightforward by-the-numbers non-linear storytelling is complex.

Doesn’t the manga only do Vanpire girl’s route?

Learn Japanese and read Mahoyo and Fate/Extra CCC, brainlet. And the older VN's are much improved without clunky translation.

Arc is so damn precious.

>learning japanese

How about no.

For the Near side, yes it is. Has better art, and does a better job with the characters. I dislike how it goes overboard with the fights though, the VN keeps them short, simple, and few.
It has basically no Far side though, which is the highlight of Tsukihime as a whole. I'm glad they included the Eclipse at least.

>doesn't like the series
>likes 3 for muh action, even though it's easily one of the weakest in terms of characters and imagery
Every fucking time. Nothing worse than Fate brainlets who can't enjoy something different.

5 > 7 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 > Mirai Fukuin > 6 > Epilogue > Extra Chorus

>No Far-Side
>No Kohaku Ending that brings everything together

The manga was decent but your opinion is pretty bad OP.

Better version of Arc's route and you don't have to suffer through Ciel's route, so it's definitely worth it.