Is Evangelion worth watching?

Is Evangelion worth watching?

No, you won't get it.

No it's overrated and confusing to follow.

Rebuilds no

Yes.

The rebuilds are better so watch them

No it's dogshit

Watch the original series if you're looking for a good mindfuck, watch the rebuilds if you want mindless action and violence.

I dunno, man. Who even fucking cares

If you haven't seen Eva you shouldn't be on Sup Forums.

babby's first anime desu

It's about as generic as anime can get. Also the ending of the series was probably the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Pretty much this, Eva is like a right of passage. If someone hasn't seen it their opinions on anime can be discarded

Yes. Especially if you're depressed and hate yourself, you'll appreciate and relate to it more.

No watch the superior anime "Rahxephon" instead.
The characters are more likeable and the plot and themes are much better executed.

That shouldn't be a snarl word. Sure it is entry level but it's a very good show, you see it and move on. The people who discuss eva and only eva for years on end are the real fuckups

Eva's like the Circle, except instead of a ghost killing you, you end up in a shitty relationship. Death may still come second-hand.

Reis eva design is terrible

It's boring the first 14 episodes, it gets interesting from episode 15 and becomes great after episode 20.

You want to watch a classic? Yes.
You want good original and somewhat "realistic" robot battles? Yes
You want engaging plot? So-so
You want a sense of satisfaction at the end? No
You want a story that makes sense? Not really

If you want to wattch a classic anime that has good action, somewhat interesting twists, mostly irritating characters, watch it and watch "end of evangelion" immediately after asking what the fuck did you just watch in episodes 25-26.
If you want interesting robot battles, somewhat fleshed out characters, nice animation and absolutely no-explanation year gaps, then watch The Rebuild.

Bait, on.

I didn't much care for it personally. It was just okay.

Just watch Madoka and call it a day. It’s pretty much the reincarnation of Eva.

Evangelion is unironically one of the greatest sf stories ever told, because it is a story about people, and the sf is just a backdrop. It is a brilliant exploration of human relationships, loneliness, love and depression disguised as a story about big robots punching each other.

If you're looking for another action sf giant robot fighting anime then you'll probably be disappointed because a lot of the time is spent exploring the characters and their relationships. If you want something with believable characters that you can really get your teeth into and which will probably affect you for years to come, give it a go and did I mention that Asuka is best girl.

yes, if only because of its importance in the genre.

Lots of other anime very clearly draw inspiration from it, and its nice to watch at least for that.
Also, its kind of a common denominator so it's commonly referenced.

t. brainlet

No but you heavily implied it.

lmao

>2 INT

This. It's better to watch it when you want to off yourself.

yep, this should a prerequisite for posting here

if you're going to post on Sup Forums without watching NGE then you might as well be on reddit or mal instead, where you can post shit like aldnoah.zero 8/10 reviews or how TTGL is the pinnacle of anime

I still think about you, sometimes.

>Episode 25-26 bashing

omedetou!, you should be a tripfag so I know whose opinion discard without reading the post ever again

It's complete trash don't bother

Yeah it will just ruin what little life you have.

It's pure shit

It is a masterpiece and a cultural icon. Watch it.