Yfw you realize that the asspull won't be Ippo miraculously recovering from brain damage but being diagnosed with...

yfw you realize that the asspull won't be Ippo miraculously recovering from brain damage but being diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome instead

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/men/active/11149277/Carl-Froch-10-things-no-one-tells-you-before-you-become-a-professional-boxer.html
smallbusiness.chron.com/become-boxing-coach-16069.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DILKthvisTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not an asspull, you retard.

He still promised to retire, and if he ever comes back in the ring his fanbase will have doubts. Also, he'll be called "Brain-damage God" rather than the "wind God"

>complain for years about Ippo getting comeback wins despite getting hit in the face constantly
>complain when actual consequences were applied to Ippo getting hit in the face constantly

Make up your goddamn mind.

Brain-winded God?

He was warned of the possible consequences in chapter 150 or so already.
shit takes time to manifest and now he's out for good.
takamura will get his eye punched out next I'd wager.

>implying the asspull wouldnt be him being even better at boxing due to the unnecessary oxygen in his head now going to his muscles

hope he dies, now that would be ballsy

How does coach not make it his ultimate goal to protect all his boxers from getting punch drunk when his best friend has it? I don't get it. Coach should have been Iruka Sensei status like in Naruto. Teacher who gave him the confidence to go forward and then off to someone else to improve his overall fighting skill.

This would be preferred over some shitty nippon strong bull. But it means he'll take atleast another year off maybe even more. Maybe he'll learn to dodge during that time at least.

Then what was the point of him losing him at all? We don't nee another 100 chapters of Ippo's self-discovery.

Takamura is next on the chopping block.

Airhead God.

Bakami?

Kamogawa is a doddering old dinosaur from an era when medicine wasn't remotely as well understood as it is today.

Isn't knowledge of such things required for a license?

Ippo should've gone with a sport where his mentor being a selfish bastard didn't result in brain injury.

License for what? Kamogawa isn't a pro boxer, he is a gym owner and coach.

Hence why it irratates me so much. Imagine Aoki and Kimura had an arc where they call out Kamogawa and say they have wasted their prime years with this fossil. Everyone is shocked but ultimately they are right.

Ippo has a naturally strong chin, strong punches and would have been champion with any other coach.

Takamura is a monster as well who would have been world champion with a competant coach.

They leave to a good coach and have title shots soon after and never look back. Ippo gets brain damage and Takamura loses an eye. Itagaki sees his senpais are in bad places and bounces as well.

Fuck this old piece of shit.

>he is a gym owner and coach.
Exactly.
I'm pretty sure you can't do either of these things without a license.

But you can. There's literally no regulation concering either.

>author wanted to make it about Hikaru growing up
>moment Hikaru has to leave the next via Sai's exit the series goes to shit cause all the mystery is nearly gone
>most exciting moments are merely when people start connecting Sai to him instead of his actual growth cause his growth is pathetic
>turns out Hikaru wasn't even anything special always inferior to Akira and lost to the gook anyways
>Sai's goal fails anyways thanks to AlphaGo

At least the music will never be tainted unlike Ippo where getting newer seasons had shittier and shittier ost.

What country are you from?
I'm looking forward to proving you wrong.

Before Pacquiao got Freddie Roach, he had his best friend Buboy hold the mitts for him so that he'd have a "trainer".

Does Ippo getting punch drunk and Takamura negate the fact that Kamogawa has had 5 boxers of his have title matches?

What you do in private is your own responsibility. But turning it into a business means you need to do it properly.

My country is irrelevant, we're specifically talking about Japan. The only licenses needed to open a gym are rights to the physical premises and the required paperwork to operate a for-profit business.
Kamogawa is independent. He isn't sponsored or assosciated with a larger organization. A boxing gym legally is treated no different than a standard gym by the government of any nation to my knowledge. At the very most Kamogawa MIGHT need a certification from whatever league he wants to enter boxers in, but that's a completely different concept to a license.

Does Ippo getting punch drunk and Takamura going blind in one eye negate the fact that Kamogawa has coached 5 of his boxers to title matches with two of them being champions?

Meme jokes aside the guy can coach. If Aoki and Kimura weren't jobbing all the time, they could have also been champions. Itagaki eventually will be a featherweight champion.

Is he old? Sure but his methods work.

Educate yourself.

telegraph.co.uk/men/active/11149277/Carl-Froch-10-things-no-one-tells-you-before-you-become-a-professional-boxer.html

Put that another way: Nearly 50% of his fighters have career ending injuries.

no because he has next to nothing to do with aoki,kimura and itagaki, and Takamura would have been successful anywhere

>of any nation to my knowledge
The first results that google gave me are unfortunately for the USA:
smallbusiness.chron.com/become-boxing-coach-16069.html
>boxing coach certification
>an exam
The results I'm getting for Japan are not satisfactory for proof. I'd probably get better results if I spoke Japanese.

What is that link supposed to prove?

So even by Modern US standards Kamogawa could pass as a coach easily, if all he's got to do is sit and pass an exam. Likely a similar exam to one required for a pro license.
But Hajime no Ippo isn't in the modern day, Kamogawa has been a coach since the 1940's. He predates US legistlation governing that kind of shit even if a license was required.

There is substantially more regulation surround actually getting a physical premises to run a gym than there is certification for coaches.

He should be able to coach without a coaching certification. When they inspect his gym they will ask him proof of his certification.

So no. Eventually he will have to take the test.

Stop Kamogawa, you must pay for your crimes!

I mean, Takamura IS a world champion, just not of his 6 classes like he wants to be

You mean Oxygen God.

Ippo and Takamura could have left him anytime.

They could have found a better coach.

They could have demanded more defensive boxing.

For all the talk about Kamogawa being a dinosaur with no new tricks and shit, the boxers are also to blame. They had a choice but decided to put all their eggs with this old fuck.

That boxing trainers don't need licenses, you mong.

Could you paste that text segment please?
I ctrl f'd the text for coach and trainer and didn't see anything of the sort.

Stockholm syndrome. Kamogawa predates over victims. Takamura has no family and Ippo never had a father figure...

Kamogawa is a good coach if it's about building up strenght.
Volgs trainer said so himself.
His problem is that he knows jackshit about twchniques, which he himself admits while talking how Takamura knew everything and more when he found him.
All the gym needed was someone who could've teached Ippo proper defensive techniques.

How about you read it? Or did the baby go boom-boom now and needs his diaper changed?

Because it's a long and boring text. If you found and read it, and it supports your point, why don't you just save us all a lot of time?
I assume that you've read it.

>Takamuraas future

>Takehara lost and was forced to retire after his 25th match
>this is Takamura's 25th match

Takamura is so comically overpowered he'd win his fights even if he were completely blind.

This. Kamogawa's prize fighting story should have been enough to tell the reader that he couldn't have possibly been a good coach for actual boxing. What has he done for Ippo other than train his stamina and strength? Anyone can do that.

It's also his first title defense of the WBA Middleweigh belt...

Stop

I could get behind this whole Ippo has brain damage and loses twice in a row plot if the pacing weren't complete shit.
Anytime anything happens to delay progress in a normal manga it's like another week or two to find out what happens but in this shit it will be like 5 more years to see where he's going with it.

Takamuras next fight wiull either go be less then 10 chapters with a quick win, or some dragged out slugfest in which it become apperant that he can't see with one eye and has to rwtiere.
So something between half a year to 2 until Ippos story continues.

>right eye
Fuggg

That's his rinnegan awakening.

muh oxygen

>presume all trainers require licenses
>present evidence to the contrary
>couldn't be fucked to read it
>remain presumptuous that all trainers require licenses without proving it

So you want me to prove a negative?

> wiull
>either go be
>less then
>in which it become
>apperant
>rwtiere
You should really go back to the hospital for a second look, Ippo

I see that you haven't read my post.

This fucking retard is literally blind in one eye, holy shit.

>All the gym needed was someone who could've teached Ippo proper defensive techniques.
The fact that a gym has a Japan champion and World Champion in their stable should be more than enough allure for an assistant coach who knows his shit to join.
But for some reason the author refuses to go that route and instead go for a head trainer that believes that a Rocky-esque fighting style will win you every match.

kek

not that user but you should read the article first if you're gonna post that rebuttal

Reminder that Kimura almost become Jap champion when he practice in Miyata’s gym, then go back to jobbing after he returns

>listening to the readers even once
morikawa slipped up

I haven't posted any further claim that trainers need licenses because I expect the link to hold evidence to the contrary. But as I said, the only contexts in which the text seemed to bring up the term had nothing to do with their needing licenses.
That's why I asked him to cut things short. It's only at this point where I'm starting to suspect that the text doesn't hold any evidence after all.

I'll save you the trouble; there's no evidence in regards to trainers needing or not needing licenses in the article.

Thanks.

Is Shinoda a better trainer than Kamogawa? Somehow Aoki and Kimura can't even make it to champion, whereas Takamura and Ippo can. Kimura has enough talent to be comparable, don't know about Aoki. Would they have done better under Kamogawa?

I read it and doesn't say anything about licenses

Aoki is said to be more talented than Kimura. However he has punch trauma from sparring with Takamura

Kimura got gud enough to fight on even ground with Mashiba while training at a different gym though.

Rocky got cancer from all the punches he got.

That's surprising. When did his potential come up?

>we'll never go back to days like this
youtube.com/watch?v=DILKthvisTM

Takamura is often pretty accurate in analyzing

>kamogawa not having proper sparring partners screwed up all of his fighters

Also Shinoda has been coaching Aoki for almost a decade and doesn't even know about that weakness. I mean fuck Takamura figure that out after one night watching tapes

I hope Kumi cucks Ippo, that faggot deserves it. She obviously likes him yet he never made a move on her and now he's brain damaged. She doesn't deserve this. If he doesn't keep his promise to her about quitting now that he lost, then she should fuck off for good and leave this retard.

If only geromichi stuck around

B-but i was cleared.
Kumi said so herself.

That got cured tough.
They had Takamura punch his face a few times after that reveal in order to cure him.
He just run into Iga afterwards who was just that much better and stronger then him.

Hopefully the manga follows Vorg and Miyata for a bit. I swear to god if Itagaki is given the spotlight for even a single chapter I will be pissed.

What is the purpose of this edit?

didnt he promise the girl (forget her name) that he'd retire and not really himself? they'll just do the whole "no ippo, i want you to keep boxing!" thing and then he'll be back in it, knowing this stupid author

Itagaki is going up against Imai again, so prepare for at least 30 chapters unless he want Itagaki to job in one round like the last time

you know he had to do it

He, who?

>People still reading this Ashita no Joe ripoff

The funniest part about chapter 1204 is that the audience in the manga doesn't want Ippo to come back again.

Takamura is also a natural genius. Kamogawa said as much

takamura needs to fucking lose, bullshit character

Kek

It used to have good losing scenes

True but Kamogawa isn't their trainer, Shinoda is.

I finally started Ashita no Joe a week ago and holy fuck is it so good. One of the most if not the most coherent manga stories I've read. Nothing feels like filler or bullshit, just all story. I really can't believe this was made like 40 years ago. Reached the end of Joe and Carlos exhibition and gonna keep reading right now.

Actually made me laugh.