Griffith

This is the best character of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfFNLyos9fg
youtu.be/K3pU67zxPOM?t=1m14s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not Guts.

I never wanted to murder a fictional character so much, but at least Miura had the decency to put him in pirate limbo.

They are both not particularly good characters. Nobody should read Berserk for the writing or characters.

who are you referring to
you are wrong. I think they are greately depicted; both Guts and Griffith have personality that develop throurought.

Anyone reckon we're gonna get some bullshit with Casca returning to """"normal"""" where she hates Guts or something along those lines.

>who are you referring to
Mickey

Fuck Griffith

Agreed, excellent post.

GUTS OR GRIFFITH

Casca please.

Guaranteed (you)s

are you being sarcastic or..........................

Literal whore

>ywn get to force griffith in a mating press and have your way with him

An army costs, user

>Rapes Casca when he could fuck Slan.

>Nobody could possibly not like my Chinese comic book. They must be trolling.

It's stale now, just fuck off.

Or you could kill an army yourself.

No, I mean it.

I'm not sure........

berserk is a dumb manga

why?

The God Hand probably use her as their personal cumdump anyways. I bet they run train on her all the time, or at least they would if time existed in their realm. Point being she's probably used to some pretty freaky four dimensional non-linear gangbangs.

guttsu is fucking immortal and annoying ,

Legato > Griffith

yes please

berserk is on the best things i have ever read
buuuut
so much of the story relies on my most hated trope, the 'miss-understanding' trope were a character miss understands another character and they don't talk about it to clear things up

When gutz leaves because he hears Griffith talk about how he doesn't see them as equals or friends because they aren't chasing their own dream
Guts just leaves without explaining he wants to be his equal and friend by chasing his own dream. If he had just fucking talked Griffith wouldn't have gotten so mad and fucked everything up and all the bad things that happen later wouldn't have happened

>implying griffith wouldn't find another way to be a retarded psychopath

Ehhhh kinda hard to compare it to the usual misunderstanding. It's been a bit since I read Berserk so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Gut's plan to leave was not only from Griffith's speech, it may have pushed him even further but I always felt Guts always alluded to this idea of leaving the band and carving his own path. To him that is what he was missing in his life. So yes Guts may have misunderstood him but it's not like that lone misunderstanding is the reason why he left. But that leads to my next point, Griffith was speaking his mind in that moment. Can you really call it a misunderstanding when Griffith spoke the truth and Guts decided to take action based on what Griffith truly believes.
This is probably all disorganized and reads like a retard but I don't think the conflict between Guts and Griffith was born out of misunderstanding, more like a clash of personalities, the chase for the goals, and failure to recognize what they had.

Maybe not the best character of all time but definitely the best boipussy of all time.

Not him but I the way I see it, Griffith only thought he believed those things.
You need to keep in mind that Griffith, as intelligent as he is, is the same age as Guts, he's still finding out what a friend means to him, or what it doesn't, same for Guts.
In the end, I believe Griffith, deep down, didn't really mean any of that, and considering this was something he was saying to the princess, and not someone actually close to him, means a lot. He was really concerned for his comrades, as seen with the whole little boy soldier matter, I don't think it's hard to say he saw them as friends.
Problem is, Griffith was able to put his friends beneath his dream, but Guts was more than a friend to him. Then there is the whole repressed homosexuality deal which is another story. My point is, Griffith was confused as fuck in that time period.
So, in a way, I do agree that part of this was a misunderstanding, but you are absolutely right, what Griffith said about chasing one's dreams struck a chord with Guts, it was in him all along, since he felt he never belonged anywhere, from the moment of his very birth.

Is Griffith meant to be a repressed homosexual lashing out?

she'll be using the behelit become an apostle and get killed that's the only way we get shocked again like during the eclipse

>pretty freaky four dimensional non-linear gangbangs.
hot as fuck and i don't even know why

Guts has repressed homo feelings too.

t.Donovan

Well she's already terrified of Guts. I doubt she'll hate him, but Guts is simply not the person she used to know anymore and that'll be a problem for them.

>If he had just fucking talked Griffith wouldn't have gotten so mad and fucked everything up and all the bad things that happen later wouldn't have happened
That's not the issue, though. Griffith saw everyone, including Guts, as his property. His speech basically said that. Guts wanted to be his own person and have his own will, and not be another pawn of Griffith.

Griffith didn't lose his shit because Guts left, he lost his shit because of what that implies: that he's not in control. Even if Guts talked to him, Griffith would've never allowed him to leave. Seriously, Griffith honestly believes people are meant to live and die for him only. Guts leaving him showed him he was wrong.

If you read Griffith as the control freak and narcissist that he is, his actions made perfect sense. This is not a miscommunication problem, it's Griffith's own belief that the world spins around him that was wrong all along. Guts was ruthless, but is not like Griffith would've let him slip from his grasp.

griffith valued guts more than just as a property though, thats what their relationship is all about. he risked his life multiple times for guts.

He did nothing wrong

That somehow makes it even worse. He pretended to be someone's friend for years, to the point of self-delusion. Griffith seriously makes Judas and Peter look like amateurs.

There is only one delusional person around here. I'll give you three guesses to tell who it is.
It's you

What's my delusion then? What's the lie I tell myself?

griffith was actually gay for guts

So it someone wants to fuck, that somehow makes all their other intentions sincere and unselfish?
Way I see it, Guts may have been the fattest boar on the farm, one Old McDonald was really proud of, took to fairs and wanted to touch, but it did little to change the pig's ultimate fate. And it certainly didn't change the fact that one participant in the relationship was a pig, while the other one was not.

he didn't pretend, he truly cared for for guts, that's what i tried to say.

>four dimensional non-linear gangbangs
how

Very close, but the "original" is still unbeatable.

He cared, but only while he wasn't experiencing real threat or existential fear. Now that's a huge difference.
I've been through 4-5 major betrayals before I became a loner, but I won't stain yet another thread with blogs. Let's just say no one sold me to demons, yet.

You do realise you have to actually care about the shit you sacrifice right?
Stop trying to paint Griffith as some sort of psychopath who didn't care about anyone.
Dude went through deep torture for over a year, of course his mental health went to fucking shit.

>He cared, but only while he wasn't experiencing real threat
Hello? Nosferatu Zodd fight say anything to you?
Griffith remarks that Guts was the only person who could make him forget about his dream. That's why losing him was so painful to Griffith, he cared about Guts as much as he possibly could care for anyone.

>guttsu is fucking immortal and annoying ,
This. Also incredibly overpowered. Luckily Griffith more than compensates for such an irritating in virtually every way protagonist.

That's not the main character in some Borges gaucho fighting story with some metaphisycal second reading

If I ever decide to sacrifice someone to the legions of darkness, I'll be sure to say the same thing to both the judge and the inquisitor. I might also want to hire you as my lawyer if your rate is cheaper than the chicken from futurama.

He's such a sweetheart.

If only i could.

Griffith doesn't have much of a personality. He mostly just makes pretentious stares. The plot is worse in later parts of Berserk but the characters have interiors that are better conveyed than the Golden Age ones.

So it's okay to commit first degree murder if you actually care about the victim? Or is it the other way around for you, does the act itself prove that the perp really cared?

youtube.com/watch?v=DfFNLyos9fg

>So it's okay to commit first degree murder if you actually care about the victim?
Nobody said that. We get it, you are a tragic anime character with a backstory that would make an orphaned african with aids feel pity for you but that doesn't mean you should project your life experiences to manga characters. Griffith cherished Guts and at the same time he hated Guts for it because he could momentarily cause Griffith to forget about his ambition, something he and others had already sacrificed so much for.

You caught me, but It's really me that should be the one feeling pity. If someone with money, power and good looks is automatically a good person, or in this case the best possible person, you're belief will lead you into a life of shit.

do fucking congo and wubwub or whatever the two fat cunts are called even have dicks?

>he wants AIDS

I kinda agree desu. He thought he was above friends and human emotions and that the only thing that mattered to him was his dream, thus the speech.
But deep down he wanted to have Guts crush his boipucci and loved him, even though he didn't believe it/denied it himself.

It's not okay but somewhat expected if you have been completely mind broken.

Griffith had personality in the Golden Age arc.
The characterization is generally better later though.

He doesn't have much personality anymore, but that's kinda the point right? He's above it now.

Is it just a coincidence these two are so similar?

Yeah. Griffith just makes stares for most of the story while Reinhard just repeatedly grabs his locket from the end of Season 1 to his death.

>If someone with money, power and good looks is automatically a good person, or in this case the best possible person, you're belief will lead you into a life of shit.
again, nobody said that. you got issues m8 but you probably know that already m8.

Berserk went to shit after he golden age

>griffith valued guts more than just as a property though
Yes but not more than himself. He cared, but his goals were obviously more important.

Narcissists can care about people, you know. But ultimately their ego always comes first than other people's feelings. Griffith is a textbook example of this.

Guts please

>Yes but not more than himself.
You could say the same thing about anyone I love my friends and family but i don't put their lives above mine.

There is a difference between valuing your own life and trampling over other people regardless of their feelings. Read about narcissism, Griffith checks every box. It's not about not caring, it's about your ego taking over everything.

Nobody's claiming he's not a narcissist me and others are claiming that actually cares about Guts.

I can't help but hearing this playing in my head every time I see this picture.
youtu.be/K3pU67zxPOM?t=1m14s

Yeah I know but what I'm saying is that you can care about someone and still treat them like an object. You can care about your property, but it doesn't stop them from being property nevertheless.

That's what 'Golden Age' means
A time when everything was better

NO

I love him.

He certainly needs to do SOMETHING to shake up the established order

How many years is it she's been a potato now?

To be honest i've completely ceased to care what happens to her

Guts was more to him then that. It's why he freaked out so bad when Guts left, and why he swung wildly between hateful vengeance and relief when Guts found him in the prison.

It's not eve the best arc

Again, you can care about someone and still think of them as your property. One is not exclusive of the other.