Is Nectar of Dharani the best isekai story ongoing right now?

Is Nectar of Dharani the best isekai story ongoing right now?

It really makes you realize how bad average LN author is.

>isekai
Not even once.

Chocotomo a best. A BEST!

She should be a bit shorter.

I started reading just because of the Qwaser guy
God ,isekai sucks

I hope this fad dies really fast. But this series has a nice setting.

>how bad average LN author is.

Try WN, and yes. At least for the LN they get an editor to make it less shitty.

That reverse Isekai (Captain Hans something) manga is really fun. I think as long as Isekai doesn't take itself seriously it'll be alright

Is that from the Qwazer guy? How did that manga end?

I can't believe before my eyes lie another human that knows of that manga.
Marry me.

Pretty good. Big fight with new pope who was golden Qwaser. Katja saving the day twice.

Most LN and WN are written by amateurs who like to pander their public, of course they are bad.

Any more deaths or "Rape"? The last thing i remember was the red head girl(Mafuyu?) dieing in one of the raws.

As much as I get annoyed by female dwarfs being normal human height. Nectar is better than a lot of current iSekai as it avoids having video game logic as a shorthand for worldbuilding. It also has competent action scenes and while I can still lump the main character in the "OPMC" category, he has some believable drawbacks to his powers and the knowledge he displays isn't anything more than what I got out of 'a Connecticut Yankee in king Arthurs court'.

That being said, despite having far less chapters and available information I'm already putting a lot of interest into Curse Blood.

Funny how nowadays the only thing you need to be called a "good" Isekai is not having retarded RPG mechanics. The guy is still a faggot with an overpowered cheat and a trophy waifu, making full use of his superior modern knowledge to fuel his bullshit.

Good isekai is still a bad series. Nectar is only okayish because setting is great.

There was some raping but I don't remember any major deaths.

were ive see that face? is this from the guy who draws Seikon no Qwaser ?

Yes.

>because setting is great
Indeed. At least it's not medieval fantasy but for once it's industrial age.

I've been reading it and it really isn't any different from the rest of the isekai trash. He just isn't summoned with magic cheat powers, although he still gets them, but he has the standard isekai privilege of "I worked a bunch of part time jobs so I know how to do and make everything. Also every girl is in love with me."

I'll give it bonus points for not having levels, stats and a guild though.

I like titties and fights, i think it's a good combination and the lactation thing doesn't bother me at all.

Arifureta is still ongoing.

He's actually using his knowledge in smart ways and he's not really OP. There are already people stronger than him around.

And it's horrible,

God, I want her to be Katja 2.0 so much. This manga is really lacking lesbian rapes.

>The guy is still a faggot with an overpowered cheat
Calm down satan, his power set has similar restrictions to the 90's era of isekai series. It's dependent on another entity which at least keeps it from being overused as the plot key can be revoked at any point in time and it has been and most likely will continue to be.

It's no different than Crests for Ultimate/Mega digivolutios in Digimon Adventure, Data Drain in .Hack, or Vaugn's dragon rage stuff from Escaflowne.

>and a trophy waifu
That's nothing new to fiction in general

>making full use of his superior modern knowledge to fuel his bullshit.
His knowledge is very specific and depends on his occupation as a human. He's not fielding massive innovations in technologoy across the board, he's introduced spot welding to Dwarves (who already had the infrastructure to do it themselves just not a generator) and showed off pens and explosives.

I still have gripes with NoD, but in this respect it's put together in such a way that it's not overtly terrible like most isekai stories. So yeah, it's "good" because it doesn't rely on the most basic elements of what makes up so many "bad" and "terrible" isekai.

To be fair it's more like he is the trophy waifu.

>I still have gripes with NoD
What is that?

Mostly cosmetic stuff. I don't mind fanservice but not getting a proper Dwarven woman is a waste. Also the scene on the train with chocotomo was some egregious stuff. I know this guy likes beasts on full display, but I'm of the mind that the more you flaunt it, the less impact it has.

A couple characters annoy me like the animal girl. And it's a waste that all these enemy generals keep dying after they show up once.

The series is still too young for me to really have big complaints. And once I got over my initial hesitation from it being isekai it turned out to be pretty good.

The generals are just villains of the week, it seems like the assassin and his yuki-onna waifu are being set up as major, recurring antagonists.

I agree it would have been nice if we got a proper Dorf girl. It's not like he couldn't have used that delicious design for another girl in the inevitable harem.

>it seems like the assassin and his yuki-onna waifu are being set up as major, recurring antagonists.
Didn't MC just save them from Brown Menguele's poisonous gas in the last chapter?
I think they will end up as bros.

Last chapter I read was the one where he got Ifrit's Ambrosia. I see the front page for 13 in hte OP, is it scanlated yet?

More like it made me realize how bad the average manga authors were. They barely manage to carry it with their art but thats it. Incredibly cheesy, cliche and boring is what that series is just like that ring king or whatever.
If we're ranking trash LN/WN trash>>>>>>>manga all the way.
Just because it looks nice on the eyes doesn't excuse the literal suck boob-powerup beat the bad guy! Impress everyone! Cycle EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I don't disagree about the WN cancer in general but if you actually really believe that is better than some of the ongoing narou stuff or ended ones for that matter it means you're a manga only fag which really shows.

I don't know, I saw the raws and it seemed like MC saved Hashshashin dude and his cold waifu from getting gased by that scientist dude.

>EVERY SINGLE TIME
He did like three times and one of them was just to do the welding thing.
Also, if you really think WN trash is better than manga trash you have clearly not read enough WNs because there are a bunch of them that are fucking horrible and I'm talking about the ones that don't even have a manga yet so no, I'm no mangaonlyfag.

I have no idea how could anyone even claim that this is worse than average isekai LN.

MC is actually smart and he's not some godly broken Gary Stu. Setting is great and original. No MMO bullshit. No skill levels and HP bars. People die when killed.

Like holy shit, are you going to claim that trash like Overlord or SAO is better?

>Overlord
I share your opinion on everything except this. Overlord is way better than most isekai LNs/WNs/manga by virtue of giving a fuck about worldbuilding and developing its characters instead of solely focusing on the MC.

It has some good parts but it's still a self insert wank crap just like all others.

I won't deny that but calling trash equal to SAO is plain wrong.
Fuck, even SAO isn't that shit compared with some cancerous WNs out there.

>The generals are just villains of the week
I get that, but would be nice to keep them around and have them come back later since they are supposed to be the ones leading these battles against the empire. It's pretty clear that they are not the true final boss, but it just makes their home nation look weak when their generals always die after losing the battle.

>Titties
>Best isekai story
Good argument. I actually expected nothing less from a garbage author. This work of his is just as cheap as his previous titty sucking manga, grab the attention of the audience using the power of tits.

>MC is not some godly broken Gary Stu
>Suck on my tits for instant power up

>Setting is great and original
>Your typical "world will be destroyed without the help of the hero!" setting

It's funny because I know you're not baiting, it's just that you truly have shit taste.

>Suck on my tits for instant power up
Do you even know what a Gary Stu is, retard? He is not ultra smart (his knowledge is pretty limited to the shitty work he had in the past), people don't instantly love him or suck his dick and he has failed and fucked up in the past.
Also, like his power has restrictions and he has barely used it so far.
>Your typical "world will be destroyed without the help of the hero!" setting
It's a fantasy world with no humans and entering the industrial age so yes, it's more original than all the generic medieval crap with RPG shit out there. And so far the plot is not even about saving the world, they are just trying to stop the nazi elves.
It's not a masterpiece or the most original thing ever and I can see why people would be put off by the tits sucking but even so it's more original and interesting than most isekai shit out there.

Not being a Gary Stu doesn't make the MC any less unlikable. How is he not a typical self-insert with talk-no-jutsu and power-up by sucking tits?

>It's a fantasy world with no humans and entering the industrial age
Off the top of my head, Release that Witch has this setting.
>And so far the plot is not even about saving the world, they are just trying to stop the nazi elves
A plot where you're not saving the world but need to fight other race/species/factions. Quite literally in every single isekai out there.
>it's more original and interesting than most isekai shit out there
It's pretty obvious you don't read much so don't even use this as an argument.

>Not being a Gary Stu doesn't make the MC any less unlikable
How about you explain how he is unlikeable instead of claiming he is a Gary Stu and then moving the goalposts when someone points out he isn't one?
>How is he not a typical self-insert with talk-no-jutsu and power-up by sucking tits?
He is a self-insert but he is also shown struggling many times, not to mention how he fucks up and gets the dude he is currently impersonating killed because of it.
And he doesn't have any talk-no-jutsu. He only convinced his own allies to help him because he was pretending to be a famous dude and the dwarf king would have killed him if he didn't take advantage of his crafting autism.
The elven nazis still want to kill him and I haven't seen him even try to talk them down.
>Off the top of my head, Release that Witch has this setting.
No, Release that Witch is a generic fantasy setting with the focus of the story being the MC trying to lead the world to an industrial age.
It's not a common setting at all and if find it stupid that you are pretending that's the case when you can only bring up one example.
>A plot where you're not saving the world but need to fight other race/species/factions. Quite literally in every single isekai out there.
Yet again moving the goalposts when you are proven wrong.
Fighting a certain race/faction is a thing in pretty much every work of fiction out there. Why don't you complain about the dwarves having beards and being good at crafting too?
>It's pretty obvious you don't read much so don't even use this as an argument
It's pretty obvious you don't have an argument and just spew shit hoping people would just take it and agree with you.
And yes, I have read a lot of isekai stories and most of them are pure trash. Anyone who has any knowledge about the genre could tell you that.
Even this series isn't that great, it's decent at most, but it's definetely better than the generic shit that plagues isekai.

>Is Nectar of Dharani the best isekai story ongoing right now?

Nope. The spider one and the one where the guy turns into an hot spring are the best.

Average self insert knows how to make dynamite or how to teach welding? You are really grasping here.

And he's not even OP.

Thay guy is a retard but an isekai MC having such knowledge isn't exactly rare. The difference here is that so far MC has only used knowledge specifically related to his job back on Earth.
If anything, Roland from Release that Witch (and I like that story a lot, mind you) is much worse at this considering he remembers a lot of shit he shouldn't remember even if he was a mechanical engineer.

No Overlord is

>Overlord
>0 stakes the series
>edge everywhere
>MMO garbage

>0 stakes the series
It's about exploring the world, the world reacting to the arrival of MC and his monster army and the character interactions, not about fighting and powerlevel shit.
>edge everywhere
What did you expect from a story about a skeletor who leads armies of undead, demons and other monsters in a shitty world? And the fucked up shit that happens happens for a reason, not just because the author has a torture boner.
>MMO garbage
I will give you this, though at least they try to do something with it and the RPG shit existing in that world is actually a plot point, not a cheap excuse for powerlevel wanking or the MC doing stupid bullshit.

Ahahahahaha are you fucking joking right now? Of course both of those are better, unironically. If those are trash than this has to be an existence which is way lower.
Honestly hope you people aren't serious about an isekai qwaser being better than anything he's doing the same ol same ol thing over and over doesn't even have the balls to make something new just the same formula+adding isekai since how popular they are right now.

Like it or not, it's actually more original than the average isekai WN.

>Of course both of those are better, unironically.

The epitome of shit taste.

Sure dude whatever makes you feel better.

It actually is, but don't worry, it's okay if you want to avoid a discussion because you have no arguments.

It's not going to be the same if she isn't OP and doesn't rape every cute girl in range.

It's kinds interesting that we'll probably get naval warfare tho.

Well was no argument in fact you didn't reply why you think it's original when the author is doing the same thing all over again as his last series plus adding a very generic isekai plot. In what way is it original. No just the fact you think this is somehow original already says a lot.

Nah it's up there with Re:Monster.

Re Monster is legitimately one of the worst isekai series ever made.

>isekai world entering an industrial age, unlike most isekai WNs with their generic medieval settings
>no RPG bullshit
>MC's powers are extremely limited, unlike most isekai MCs who have a million skills
>MC actually fails and gets people killed due to said fuck ups
>MC's knowledge is limited to his previous job, unlike most isekai MCs who could probably write a book on modern engineering even though they were highschool students
>MC isn't insantly loved by everyone or super charismatic and the few people who follow him do so because he is impersonating a hero
So no, it's not the same generic isekai shit that plagues the genre. It's not ultra-original but it certainly knows how to stand up from most generic stories.
I do agree that the author should drop the titty sucking but considering that's what made Qwaser succesful, I doubt he will even if I think it's a shit fetish.

You are trying to argue with idiots who will never admit to being stupid or losing internet argument. There is no point.

Better just discuss cute loli hobbits.

Re:monster is so stupid its hilarious.
Ill still continue reading it as a guilty pleasure with no regrets.
Death march i enjoy if just for Liza, Tama and Pochi.
Arifureta after first arc makes my head hurt, except the fight with the self righteous hero dude Kouki was it?

Kouki is the most cancerous character in all of Arifureta.
The betafag author literally wrote a Chad and made him a stupid retard with severe autism just so his self-insert could crush him and prove how superior and cooler he is.
The worst thing is that Kouki never stops being an autistic retard till after the main story ends.

>The betafag author literally wrote a Chad and made him a stupid retard with severe autism just so his self-insert could crush him and prove how superior and cooler he is

Isn't this generally how crappy LNs go?

Yeah but this was a particularly retarded case because the guy was the most popular kid in class, attractive, charismatic and heroic but the author made him an autist with fucked up moral codes so the edgelord MC could be better than him in every way and all the girls fell for him while the other guy only got a crazy psycho stalker.

>What is this my childhood friend is in love with him? BULLSHIT he must be brainwashing her!
>Dude she has liked him since middleschool
>Whaaa thats impossible ive been with her forever! Its not like i like her but she is my childhood friend so she must stay with me!
That autistic fuck deserved To be buried alive along with paralytic and smoke grenades.

But that's the problem, the author made him an autist so the MC could prove how superior he is to him.
And the worst part is that the guy never improves, he keeps getting shat on through the entire main story because the author is a fag who was probably channeling his hatred for Chads while writing him.

LNs are generally wish fulfillment for fat autists. It's not surprising.

Then why aren't all of them about becoming a little girl?

>Is Nectar of Dharani the best isekai story ongoing right now?
Yes cause tiddies