Why does you guys love this show so much?

I've not seen a show this overrated in a long time. What is so good about BnHA? You guys will shit on people for watching something like Naruto, but this isn't even that different from Naruto and here you are all praising it. What am I missing here?

The main character is bland, the concept is extremely tired and hamfisted, and the side characters are one dimensional and stupid. Bakugo is even worse than Sasuke, he's just a ball of rage with no real reason other than petty jealousy and delusions of grandeur. I can't even begin to describe the personalities, motives etc. of other side characters because many of them just seem to lack them. Lida is probably the only one with any depth (Shoto has something to him, but the edgy silent type is so tired by now), and I really like his goody class prefect character- but that's about it. Concerning the world, I really have to elevate my suspension of disbelief to believe that instead of being in complete chaos, a world where people suddenly got crazy powers is doing incredibly well, to the point where a Japanese school has the money to built (and keep repairing), a massive city to run simulations in. I feel that Xmen did this concept so much more believably and just generally better already.

And even the villains are pretty bad. Shigaraki is quite interesting, in that his motives are so one dimensional and contradictory but in a good way. I like that pettyness. But Stain?
>"I'm gonna show those heroes how hypocritical and fame driven they are and how a real hero should act by killing loads of them including school children"
Fucking really? He could have been an interesting anti-hero but he's done so badly.

So please- convince me, why should I give this show another chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o
youtube.com/watch?v=6_TAMSsmcuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also the final complaint I will air here is that it would have been so much better if Midorya never got any powers. When I started the anime, that was the most compelling thing about him and yet it was taken away so easily and he just trained his problems away. I feel bad for the mangaka that he wasn't allowed to take this route.

>Everyone constantly complaining about the show
>Why does you guys love this show so much?

>Bakugo is even worse than Sasuke, he's just a ball of rage
What's wrong with this, These characters are entertaining to watch even if they've been done over 5 million times.

I don't think the show is that overrated on Sup Forums, Outside of Sup Forums it probably is.

It can be enjoyable but is nothing more than that even in the last manga chapters I started to dont like any more.

TERRIBLE VILLAINS is the thing for describe the worst of this, the fights are nothing interesting adding to powers. Characters and style are just ok

The only reason why I'm not watching it is because FFF decided to put this show on infinite hiatus after the first episode and I really don't want to deal with Funisubs.

Didn't read but here's some All Mighto
youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o

>Lida
Oh look it's one of these again.

Inb4: Its popular now so I don't like it anymore.

All Might is a gift to this world and that scene is anime kino

The series is way too popular to spend a decent amount of time to convince 1 person to continue with the series.

The number one hero

Is this the true final battle?

>300 word shitpost

BNHA haters everyone. I think the series is pretty fun, but you are one autistic mess to post something like this.

tl;Dr

Post girls

>Why does you guys
Shouldn't you be in DBS threads, Manuel?

>Why does you guys love this show so much?
because most of us here were just like deku
we were the little fuck in the class who no matter what they did or how hard they tried still got the shit end of the stick
and it seemed like no matter how good our intentions were, we still lost every single time
but some of us found our all mights and WENT BEYOND
and watching the show reminds us of how far we have come and how much farther we can go
some of us are still waiting to find our all mights
and watching the show gives us hope that we will still find him

it makes us remember that if we try hard enough, maybe we can fix everything we fucked up and everything will be perfect and turn out how we planned
(the truth to that is debatable, but its nice to think about and whats the harm in trying anyway)

and most of all, the show is FUN, and ENJOYABLE stop trying to look into it and just sit back, eat snacks and enjoy the bloody show!

it's baby's first shonen

>convince me
Fucking faggot, just don't watch it if you don't like it, no need to shitpost this hard.

southern spics are one piece and snk fags too. thats why their threads have gone to shit. dumb ESLfags are the worst

Probably because their peanut brains and propensity for tribalism only allow them to attempt to read and vaguely understand a single battle shonen at any given time, so they throw their gang signs (memes) around at rival gangs (fanbases) in their threads.

>Describing reasonably why I don't like the anime and asking for other anons opinions is somehow "shitposting"

This is why no one likes BnHA fanboys, you are far too sensitive.

Everyday until canon!

Maybe you should approach it from a different mindset.

most of the bnha fanboys are either underages or this is the first shonen they've read after the end of bleach/naruto.

Grouping terms together not to be used is just as bad as using buzzwords. Buzzwords are only so if they are not backed up with argument.

All might made the show 10/10 and the school and world are pretty interesting, unfortunately this last arc has been pretty dull in comparison

>convince me, why should I give this show another chance?
Don't. Plain as that, if you don't like it don't watch it or interact with it in any way.

Reading what you wrote it seems that either you are being purposefully contradictory with some of your viewpoints or we experienced very different shows. But if you want a point by point breakdown I'm autistic enough to give it
>The characters
Yeah Deku can be a little bland and kinda a wimp but it's watching him go beyond his wimpiness to do insane feats and destroy his own body to save people that makes him enjoyable to watch
A lot of the side characters are fairly flat but they all have fun personalities that are enjoyable to see them interact with each other, calling them stupid is childish so I'm going to ignore that
Bakugou is an entirely different character than sasuke and the fact that you brought this up makes me guess this is a massive shitpost but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that it's his single minded determination that makes him appealing, personally I'm just happy to have a rival that is a shit not because of some cliche backstory but simply because he was better than others and no one beat the attitude out of him
You can't describe the motives because they all have the same overall motive; To be a Hero. That's why they're at hero school, doesn't take a genius to figure that out. And if you can't at least describe their personalities of at least the more prominent students in the class you are an idiot plain and simple.
Todoroki isn't edgy just his backstory is and Iida is a fun character yes
>The World
Ok so I'm really starting to think you are either baiting for responses or you just didn't watch this show. These powers didn't just arise they happened gradually and infact we're readon about a world after there was the chaos that would have happened. Think of an X-Men world where every generation more people were becoming mutants. That's this world.

love the artwork, really clean and pleasant to look at, reminds me of dragon ball

everything else is meh

The Manga is fun, has good phasing and cute girls.

Because Todoroki x Yayorozu is the best, most canon couple in the universe.

Because
>MUH DECONSTRUCTION
There's literally nothing different between theaverage shonen
But this is the new naruto and in like 10 years they will start complaining again

A shit

hori shoot himself in the foot really hard. the only "interesting" thing this manga had to offer was the fast progression of the story but that only lasted up until chapter 100.
the longest arc lasted 23 chapters (school festival) but aside from that the standard length of its arcs ranged from 10-15 chapters. every week there was some shit happening. every chapter mattered.
from that point onwards there have been 62 chapters featuring 2 arcs (17 and 35 chapters each) which haven't been as impressive as the last arc before them. those seven first arcs marked the peak of kohei horikoshi.

The alternative is Black Clover

This series is not a deconstruction at all. Where did you hear that it was?

>Why does you guys
"Why does you" Mexicans shitpost on this site so fucking much?

>personally I'm just happy to have a rival that is a shit not because of some cliche backstory but simply because he was better than others and no one beat the attitude out of him
Lol fucking hell you have low standards that you think he is acceptable because he is a different variety of shit to the usual.
>And if you can't at least describe their personalities of at least the more prominent students in the class you are an idiot plain and simple.
No, they are just completely boring and one dimensional. I can't describe them because I can't remember half of them. The ones I can remember like Uraraka and Yuga can be described in one word like "cute" and "vain" and boom I've described the entire character. Wow how compelling.

And no, watching the interactions of one dimensional, boring characters is not fun unless you are a brainlet.

Someone should explain in detail how exactly BnHA is "just like other shonen" while also explaining why it allegedly fails to be its own thing.

God help Ochacko if Mina ever makes a move, she can already barely compete romantically against a serial killer who wants to murder him and steal his identity.

Anyone else think that Endeavor might actually be gay?

Reductionism isn't criticism and instead shows how little you paid attention.

Someone did youtube.com/watch?v=6_TAMSsmcuo

>the new naruto
i came here to laugh at you. there will never be a new naruto. even boruto that is literally new naruto is not the new naruto. there will never be a new bleach either. that age of wsj is dead.
think a little more about it. no one talks casually about quirks, all might, one for all or deku while in the early 2000s everybody knew about chakra, ninjitsu, rasengan and the adventures of the obnoxious naruto, maximus cunt sakura and edgelord sasuke. there's no point in comparison.

"Cute" can't describe a character's personality.

did anyone else stop reading the moment they saw the word naruto?

Because there's been a void in shounen for a while. BLEACH lost the plot and ended, Naruto ended, One Piece continues to be a bigger deal in Japan than abroad. There's no big shounen series to cling to right now and BNHA is the closest thing shounenfags have.

Some people will only ever be interested in shounen similarly to how some people will only be interested in cape comics.

It has to suffice when the character has no personality other than being cute. (This is why I said I can't describe half the personalities of the side characters in this anime)

I stopped at the title when I realized he couldn't properly form English sentences so I didn't even realize he started talking about Naruto.

>that awful title
>caring at all about hype
>caring at all about how many other people like something
>rambling about nonsense instead of getting to the point
Fuck off. It's bad enough that you have to use someone else's video to explain why you don't like something but said video is fucking awful. Are you twelve?

is that pasta or someone really took their time to write that?

>no personality other than being cute
That's not a personality. Besides Ochako does clearly have a personality and I'm shocked you're unable to describe it. It's not super complex or anything so an alleged adult like you should be able to categorize it better than using a word that has nothing to do with personality.

When you think about it every pasta required someone at some point to take their time to write it originally.

>the concept is extremely tired and hamfisted
what does that even mean "the concept is tired"

>"cute" has nothing to do with personality.
How exactly? I'm not referring to her looks but to her mannerisms and way of interacting. Not my fault that she has nothing else going for her.

idk i just like it
it entertains me and i like (most) of the characters
I like dekus quest for power for the pure motivation of helping people in need
and stains' ideology of curing the corruptions by dirtying his hands and returning the true meaning of heroism
and the very little touches like one of the kids that bullied deku with bakugou becomming one of the noumus but obviously its not stated anywhere.
but the most important reason is
>the memes we can make from it are god tier
I want to see deku pork the shit out of uraraka

>school where you magical/ mutant/ superpowers and shit
>"I wanna be a hero!"
Never seen that shit before

Fuck off to Sup Forums. You can't form a counterargument so you've contributing nothing.

>space fights
>politics
Never seen that shit before.

This user is PURE
PURE!

the bnha world is pretty damn original with 80% of the world having superpowers

>sweet jp's only character trait is being awesome
You might as well be saying this.

But he has subtlety and nuance to that trait. Uraraka doesn't have anything interesting in her character, she is just there to look and act cute.

>Uraraka doesn't have anything interesting in her character
they develop her character in the second season a decent bit

"Awesome" isn't a fucking trait, holy shit.

They did something more interesting in LOGH with those concepts. BnHA just went "SUPERHERO SCHOOL FOR MUTANTS WHO FIGHT MUTANT VILLAINS" and that is literally the entire show.

What the fuck, you guys will bitch and whine about how "ugh, the fandom is ruining this show" but fall for shitpost bait like this like fucking lemmings. You like the show, whatever. You don't like it, whatever. There's no discussion here, just a bunch of shit-flinging, and you're feeding into it.

Todoroki's best ship is with Midoriya. And I still hate it. Just leave the thermostat alone please.

>"a distinguishing quality or characteristic, typically one belonging to a person."
I don't see how it isn't.

So close yet so far away.

it's mostly people baiting and honest fans replying to good bait that gets them and people that hate the show falling for really bad and obvious bait

Nice projection brainlet

>fights with her all, creates a cunning plan on par with dekus genious
>not to mention fighting the strongest and most ruthless duelist
>almost wins but not quite
>knocked unconscious instead of giving up
>is literally dekus rock and why hes at peace with himself and his insulting nickname
>tries to sort deku and bakugou out
>cute
Go away contrarion edge poster!

I'm pretty sure there was a kids' book series about that like ten years ago, Adventures of Ordinary Boy or something.

We respond to bait because we have empty lives and we're really bored

I suggested he approached the show with a different mindset and all you did was post a gif unrelated to the board and a redirect.

Kek i'm not a bnhafag, i just hate this kind of spoonfeeding threads of faggots that need Sup Forums to tell them what to think, you have your own opinion why do you fucking need someone to convince you change your taste. Faggot.

Wait till season 3 my seasonal friend.

Describe why this is an unenjoyable concept. Because for a huge number of people, this SELLS the show.

virtually none of these were character traits/ even show character but "fights with her all/ never gives up". Everyone in the show has these two traits, they are not remarkable enough for me to bother describing her with.

thats pretty much it

>Each character only has two traits
>Knows exact number of traits per characters, showing that they do each have traits
>doesn't/can't name them
wew mcladersonlad

what other traits would you want?

huh i hope they get to this scene for the S3 finale

Consulting other people for their opinions could enlighten me about aspects of the show that I've not considered which could in turn lead me to change my own opinion. I'm not giving you access to a machine which blasts opinions in to my brain, am I? Don't be so fucking absurd.

Stay in your little brainlet bubble, I guess.

>Inb4: Its popular now so I don't like it anymore.
that's Sup Forums every time
just look at Kimi no na wa

Unless there is a japanese business man concocting filler right now there is no way they can't hit it with a 2 cour season.

I don't bother naming traits that are fucking intrinsic to every character in the show. The whole point is I want some variety of character or some depth so I actually give a shit about them.

read the manga. The show is indeed quite slow and boring.

Well it seems you've watched far enough for one to conclude that it's not really your thing and therefore should not give it another chance. I will say though that just maybe you're too focused on the hype it gets or whatnot and with the unrealistic expectations that follow you're not able to enjoy it; I don't get the hype either and it is flawed/can get annoying (especially Deku crying all the time) but find it at least enjoyable, don't really see what's so bad about it.

>The whole point is I want some variety of character or some depth so I actually give a shit about them.
Did you completely miss Deku, Todoroki, and IIda's character development?

>convince me
Welcome to the Sup Forums hivemind. We are contrarians and hate popular stuff so don't give it a second chance, it's shit.

>The show is indeed quite slow and boring
>that's why the manga is designing itself to be more appealing to animate

Deku is the protag so I would expect that. Todoroki I also adressed in the OP. I have no problem with lack of development for those characters, although I don't much think they are good characters anyway. I actually praised Lida in the OP if you bothered to read it.

My problem is the lack of development or nuance for the SIDE CHARACTERS. But even some characters, like Uraraka, who could be considered main cast, have vastly undeveloped character traits or personality.

You tired buddy, and my original point still stands. Don't like it don't watch it. We get enough retards in our threads as is we really don't want people too stupid to even remember basic character traits, especially when they're all basically tropes so you must be a real drooling retard to be unable to remember any of them besides Ochako and Aoyama.

But to address your points

You ignored my main point about Bakugou on why people liked him and instead targeted only the part where I said that I'm happy with a non cliche rival. This is a pretty glaring indication that you are here to shitpost instead of actually looking for someone to answer your question because you're trying to target my specific taste and ignore the more basic arguments which is dumb.

Again you being unable to remember them speaks more on your lack of cognitive functions and some sort of retardation more on the characters themselves. While some of them are basically stand in characters (looking at you kinnikuman rip off) most of them were basic enough that you could understand what they were about with a cursory glance. Momo is the preppy upper class brainy one who is super serious, Kirishima is the bro character who is super friendly and positive but also all about being manly, etc.
It shouldn't be hard to remember basic characters user

And if you aren't having fun don't watch. No one cares, or no one should care, that you aren't watching and we would have continued to not care if you hadn't made this thread to whine about being unable to understand basic characters or even remember them, and being too stupid to be able to even remember basic facts about the world it takes place in. I mean seriously for the most part the world building in this series is bare bones as fuck and you still managed to miss it you massive flaming idiot.

Not him, but how the fuck does "school for people with powers to fight evil people with powers" sell a series for you? Have you never read manga before?

If you are anime only, that's entirely your fault.

>especially when they're all basically tropes
HE ADMITS THAT ALL OF THE CHARACTERS ARE WALKING TROPES! Yeah, no sweetie, tropes don't constitute good character development or personality.
>Again you being unable to remember them speaks more on your lack of cognitive functions
*tips fedora*

If I have to read a manga to enjoy an anime/ to substitute for character development in the anime, then the anime is fucking bad.