I'm on episode 12 and I really have no idea what is going on. Do you need to have played the game to understand this...

I'm on episode 12 and I really have no idea what is going on. Do you need to have played the game to understand this? Am I retarded or just overthinking it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyn0DQ_VWhA
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Both.

From what it seems like, each new chapter carries some stuff over that happened in previous chapter, but not everything. And as it goes on the underlying story progresses slowly while the main story takes various turns. So is it set up to go through all the bad ends and the last chapter is like the good end or something? It's just kind of confusing.

read the vn, no reason to watch the anime

I got 8 episodes in and dropped it because the characters had nothing interesting about them. It seems enjoyment depends entirely on you creating theories to solve the mystery.

No,you don't need to read the VN. Of course the VN, the original source, is always more complete...but the anime is very good and you can understand everything.

About the anime itself, the city is in a loop of tragedies. It deals with time travel in some way. In second season, everything will be clear.

For now, just keep watching and enjoy the arcs.

You don't need to read the VN.
Just think of it like a retelling of the same story but with differences in the events that happen.

Which higurashi would you fuck?

>the anime is very good and you can understand everything.
bullshit

>reddit spacing and bad opinions

>Sup Forums autism and bad manners

kys reddit-kyun

Fuck off brainlets

The mystery is what makes the first season fun. You aren't supposed to understand most of it, and instead, to try to come up with explanations and theories in your mind to explain all the nonsense that's happening before the show actually explains it to you.
It's basically about putting you in the shoes of the characters themselves, in other words, to make you feel paranoid and suspicious of all characters and things.

If you do not find the act of trying to figure mysteries out fun, or if you don't like to be kept too much in the dark, you won't enjoy the show. Second season, which is basically generic friendship shit, will be more up your alley.

you are not supposed to understand yet, don't drop the show like this faggot

Read the VN then watch the OVAs.

Rika, my wife.

It's a time loop, you baka.

This is an actual spoiler.

Yes, which is why I put it in the spoiler tag.

OP here, just finished episode 15 and I'll probably stop here for today. I don't think I'll drop it, and I like the show but it's confusing to me. Is it worth it to play/read the VN after I finish?

Read the Umineko VN after you finish the Higurashi anime. Umineko is the sequel but the anime is on par with Berserk's 2016 adaption.

everything should make sense to you when the real main character is revealed

probably the last episode of the first season

i like umineko anime
youtube.com/watch?v=nyn0DQ_VWhA