FullMetal Alchemist 2003

Why does this adaptation get so much hate compared to Brotherhood?

2003 was far more superior to FMA:B

>2003's ending was a lot better and memorable. (I seriously cannot remember wtf happened at the end of FMA:B)
>2003's philosopher's stone was actually unique. I swear, when they revealed there to be millions of philosopher stones in FMA:B, I literally facepalmed.
>The main villain in FMA:B was so shounen it hurt.
>2003's wrath and pride > FMA:B's wrath and pride
>The homunculi synergised far better with the cast in 2003 than FMA:B (Lust being the lover of Scar's brother, Wrath being the baby of Izumi and having Ed's arm and leg, Sloth being their mother, and Envy with his backstory with their dad)
>The character development of the homunculi in 2003 far surpasses theirs in FMA:B
>The existence of the parallel world in 2003 was intriguing and magnificently provided an explanation for their alchemy
>2003's story was overall a lot more seinen (even though its a shounen), whereas FMA:B epitomizes the shounen genre.

The only thing that FMA:B had over 2003 was Ling. He was awesome.

Maybe because of the retarded ending, plot holes and changes to known characters for those who read the manga?

This guy is a faggot retard.

>Maybe because of the retarded ending, plot holes and changes to known characters for those who read the manga?
How is the ending retard, what plot holes do you speak of, and which characters were changed?

Nice points you make so much evidence to back it all up.

grimderp angst vs generic shounenshit, no one wins.

>grimderp angst
How is it grimderp angst?

I dunno. Neither adaption was very light though given the onscreen ethnic cleansing. Mustang's motivation is literally to be put in front of a trial for his war crimes IIRC.

I just think that Terminator Archer and the whole Nazi Germany thing to be retarded.

2003 had superior Sloth, Greed, Lust, Envy, Gluttony and big bad, MUCH more character development for the homunculi, more seinen, had rape lol better atmosphere, better Scar, but also more retarded filler, pants on head retarded ending, trash Rose and fucking mecha dude.

FMA:B was more sterotypical shonen, and the big bad was cookie cutter shonen with eva rip off ending (but at least it had a conclusive ending), less filler, better pacing, had the china waifu, Had much shittier homunculi development, but had superior Wrath and Pride. 2003 Wrath was just straight up annoying

Both have good animation, but FMA:B just looks beautiful at times other than CGI Envy garbage.

FMA 2003 is superior in my mind for establishing the franchise as something unique and having higher highs, but FMA:B is the neatly trimmed, ready to deliver (to shonenbabbies) full package.

If only we could mix and match

This is a new level of retardation.

How is that retarded?

>we have no idea how to end this mess we wrote, so we just send Al to another dimension, with nazis to make it DEEP

>plot holes?
At one point Al meets Bradley's secretary, who just so happens to look exactly like his dead mother. And he just doesn't notice.

>which characters were changed?
kill yourself

Al = Ed

>2003's philosopher's stone was actually unique. I swear, when they revealed there to be millions of philosopher stones in FMA:B, I literally facepalmed.

Fucking this, oh boy when I saw everyone with a stone I almost fucking dropped, the whole thing was about getting the super rare fucking miraculous stone, and in brotherhood they get it, but they refuse it for ethics AKA plot drama.

It has a meh ending, a lot of fillers and Frank Archer.

People are retarded and can't judge the two works separately. Watching Brotherhood as a stand alone show without prior knowledge of FMA is an inferior show.
For example, Hughes has a total of five or ten minutes in Brotherhood due to the shows speeding through the entire first half. You won't care about Hughes dying nearly enough if your only knowledge of the character is Brotherhood. "well that sucks he was a fun character" his death is only really impactful or memorable due to all the shenanigans you saw him in the first series or manga.

This goes for most of the other characters interactions, Brotehrhood also gets praised for "muh faithful to the manga" which doesn't mean much seeing as the manga second half also has its fair share of flaws.

You idiot brotherhoodfags didn't even offer any actual refutations against the poster you replied to. Everything he said was correct, 03 is better than Brotherhood in pretty much every way besides "muh faithfulness to the manga", even the animation is better in a lot of places.

A lot of 2003 didn't make sense to me. And in other ways it did. Some of the plot points were much more solid. And others were not.

Brotherhood was the same. It sped through some things under the expectation that viewers already knew what would happen.

I like Brotherhood overall better but some things about the 2003 version just seemed more thought out and solid.

Non canon.
It's not bad though, everyone should watch it untill Hughes death at least.
He's much more developed there.

I don't get this Frank Archer meme, yes it's fucking bad but Brotherhood got CG Envy, literally zombies and a lot of other generic shounen tropes.

Sorry, here are your refutations:

FMAB ending was very much way betterer. Nobody even remembers the 2003 ending.
FMAB has more philosopher stones. Seriously, when I realised there was only a single one in 2003, I only thought LOL what a poorfag show.
The villain in 2003 was so edgy it hurt.
Wrath is much better in FMAB.
Pride is much worse in 2003.
In FMAB the homunculi were objectively better characters. Wrath (the actual wrath) had alot of background story and even a real wife.
In FMAB alchemy was way better explained with the 2 ancient wise men coming from the desert and spreading different kinds of alchemy.
FMAB was totally not edgy, unlike 2003 which epitomizes edgyness.

That wasn't a refutation, you just put that original poster's arguments in the opposite effect

Brotherhood is better because at least in that series, Envy got his just desserts rather than getting away with everything like in 2003.

>those
>"arguments"
You really expected someone's gonna debunk those retarded and 100% subjective exclamations?

Nice images.
Everything is subjective when it comes to taste in anime you cunt. At least the original poster put forth his actual opinions instead of just being a mindless parrot / shitposter.

>Everything is subjective when it comes to taste in anime you cunt
and the previous user's comments don't count, why exactly? Cause it doesn't fit in your view point?

2003 was better than the generic shonenshit that brotherhood was.

A bitter-sweet ending like in 2003 is much more preferable to the happy go lucky power of friendship bullshit that is the manga/brotherhood.

>he googled reaction pic
So you are actually retarded.

This.

2003 wasn't bittersweet, it was just plain retarded.

Brotherhood was bittersweet with Ed giving up his powers to finally save Al, and losing his father after finally getting to understand him.

2003 had some neat ideas that it executed horribly. The entire thing was a tryhard wreck by the end. I mean Envy being Ed and Al's secret brother? It was bullshit.

Thinking the ending was retarded shonenshit is stupid, you should honestly rewatch it

Probably because it went anime original and ruined a bunch of characters and introduced a very weak villain, as well as directly led to Conqueror of Shambala which was a horrible movie. And if you're like me and read the manga while watching the anime, going "off script" once they reached Greed left a really bad taste in your mouth.