Dear Sup Forums, you guys have honestly been more a friend to me in the last year than anyone I know...

Dear Sup Forums, you guys have honestly been more a friend to me in the last year than anyone I know, and you've never steered me wrong (all memes aside).

I'm at a major crossroads in my life.

I currently go to a University in New York. It's a top 30 school, and well known in the tech fields, business fields, and biomedical fields, all of which I see both major and obvious growth in, and I want to get in on the ground floor of, either as a Lawyer or a Business-man.

Currently I am a Comp Sci - Business dual major, which is certainly preparing me but it's a bone-grinding job of monotony everyday. I don't want to be a baby, cying, "It's hard, I hate it!" But it's without a doubt not my passion.

The school, too, is an unimanginable liberal hellhole. I've come this close at least twice being accused of rape after having sex with different girls who later regreted it (it was fully consensual at the time), and although I have 'friends', no one I've truly been able to connect with.

The vast majority of these people here are simply not for me.

That being said, I'm considering moving to Catholic Univeristy of America in D.C. It's a smaller liberal arts school (with a conservative touch to it). History, languages, and philosophy are my passions. It would furthermore definately not hurt me in my attempts to go to law school (taking a more 'traditional' undergraduate appraoch), though it would severly stifle my range of law schools to less modern ones.

What do you guys think? Stick with my hell-hole for the promise of a greater education and much better opportuniites, or switch to a school at which I have a better chance of fititng in and following my passions?

Attached: 1520133784778.jpg (2327x2980, 984K)

Reddit.

Spacing.

If you ever opened a book you would have noticed that there is in fact reddit spacing present in every single one, even the books written centuries before reddit was invented

It's not a conspiracy, no, it's simply because paragraphs are easier on the eyes than a giant block of text

Depends on how many years you have left. If it's 2 or less it's not worth it.

reddit response

stick with the hellhole.
work now enjoy tomorrow.

reddit projection
Prove that you're an oldfag and triforce. Right now.

How much more time do you have before you graduate?

Stony Brook?

this

Not even politics related. Kill yourself faggot.

Kill yourself faggot. Also stick it out. The grass is not greener on the other side

I would say stick with the hard shit if you really want a good job easily. On the other hand my best friend at uni did some meme degree in undergrad, then got into a law school in the states and has now passed the bar in two states and is partners with a more senior lawyer and is doing quite well

>biomedical
>obvious growth
Why don't you try looking at some biotech stocks before saying shit like that? It's doing terrible. Drop your business degree then just get your comp sci degree. Everything else you are doing is stupid millennial meme shit.

not your personal blog, neckyourself nigger

pursuing philosophy while doing something that will get you money is where its at. Computer science has led to a work from home job that allows me to play golf 2-3 times during the week and chill more than I work (making 140k with growth every year)

Keep at it, fuck some libtard chicks (easy pickings) and find some like minded friends

stay out of DC. You will be abducted by Pedos.

Go to shitlib colorado. Theres sexy girls

Stick it out user. You already already answered your own question in the post really. Going the easy route is faggy and weak. You will be able to tell your kid about it and teach them about tenacity. If you don't know about GLR and his art school experience then you need to read up on it.

tl;dr

Do what you need to get the maximum amount of money. It's money that will save the white race.

Get your degree. Make and save good money. Pursue your passion that won't result in any income on the side. Monotony is digestible when you consider the financial freedom it results in. By 25, you should have 'fuck you' money and an established career for some time to re-evaluate things. We all love you user and wish you well. Don't let smelly vag or this silly ass circus of a world get you down. Forge and finance your own path away from the prison intelligently. Fap to quality 2d waifus and stay away from spaghetti headed bitches in the mean time especially while in college. You'll thank me later. If you find someone who is worth engaging in a quality relationship, pursue more physical things in that context.

Attached: 1522091432338.jpg (500x500, 172K)

Follow your passions, user. Nothing is worth selling your soul.

t. PhD student in philosophy

>29
>stuck in NY working for the railroad
>have EE bachelors but that was 4 years ago and I forgot literally everything
>don't really want to be an engineer anyway

I desperately need a career change. Is IT worth getting into? CCNA? I know I'd start at the bottom and make peanuts starting out but maybe it's my ticket out of NY?

Do it. Moved to a red state. Take your talents to people who actually deserve. Sure there might not be as much money or cosmopolitan status, but at least you'll be putting your talents to good use.

We need more people from silicon valley to branch off to Texas or something and start their own youtube/google alternatives. Otherwise we are heading to a very 1984 type state under leftist censorship.

In IT you will probably have to start as helpdesk, which will be shit but if you love technologies you can use that experience to specialize in networking, or servers, etc.

CCNA won't by itself get you a networking gig..maybe go for CCNP and then you may be considered for junior network engineering roles.

Poo

>CCNA won't by itself get you a networking gig..maybe go for CCNP and then you may be considered for junior network engineering roles.

I keep reading that nobody's going to hire you with just a CCNP and no experience in IT.

Right now I make 80k, my job is basically tech support for trains on the railroad. I wouldn't mind taking a bit of a paycut especially in a lower cost of living state, but going to a helpdesk making $12 an hour would be soul crushing.

I fucked up taking this damn job and really pidgeonholed myself, but I guess I had personal reasons for staying here. Which don't really exist anymore, but now it's hard to get out of it.

Went to CUA for a year and a half before transferring. Wouldn't recommend it, I was in engineering though so your mileage may vary. It was incredibly expensive and a lot of the teachers were just there to do research. The schools not in the best area either so you're confined to campus unless you take the Metro into DC. I'd say stick with what you're doing and get a decent job when you're out. You don't need to pay 50-60k a year to learn the arts, do that on your own time.

new school. engineering student here. don't bother staying there if you're gonna be a jaded fuck when you get out. Anywhere else would be blessed to have you.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Libs think we want foreigners to stay where they are just because we don't want them here.

The flip side of the coin is that we DO want dissidents to live in their home countries to help enact meaningful change.

There are (or used to be) plenty of conservative universities where the odd libtard is a unique, but tolerated activist entity. Have the courage to stand up and be a conservatard at yours.

Disclaimer that if you aren't exceptional enough to pull that off, you should just fly under the radar.

Catholic schools are garbage across the board

>It's a smaller liberal arts school
>History, languages, and philosophy are my passions

You are absolutely retarded. There's a difference between passion and career. If those are your passions, then learn your history, languages and philosophy in your free time.

If you major in those field, then you might as well kill yourself. Those majors are worthless to society.

Attached: kQpSqnd.jpg (480x490, 16K)

>Dear Sup Forums, you guys have honestly been more a friend to me
NOT POLITICS YOU FUCKING DUMBASS. IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A FUCKING LIAR YOU'D KNOW THAT THIS SHIT BELONGS ON Sup Forums YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Do you want to get married and have kids and support those children?
Stick where you are and get good pay.
Do you want to be alone forever but persue your passions?
Then move.

If you can weather the storm, and pretend to make friends with these cunts, your betrayal one day will be all the more glorious.

3 years. Just ending freshman year.

Nah. RPI rn.

Thanks

Eh. Have you seen the growth of jobs in America? 95% of it is in the realm of medial care, hospitals, etc.

GLR?

I like your advice the best.

Thanks. I know I have to truly think about what my honest passion is in life, but at the same time, I don't want to pursue some meme degree to become a potentially worthless lawyer.

>actually deserve. Sure there might not be as much money or cosmopolitan status, but at least you'll be putting your talents to good use.

That's it, exactly! Here at RPI the vast majority of kids are obsessed with getting rich quick- the vast majority of them see tech as an easy way to do that.

It leaves a sick feeling in my gullet. I want to help civilization.

I'd only consider transfer if I get a deal as good as, or better than, the one I have now. I don't mind so much the bad area because I've learned at my current school that I'm in the library / on campus the vast majority of the week, and I wouldn't mind taking the quick subway hop into town.

I would study Comp Sci still, and presumably continue with business classes. I also want to pursue history and humanities, however, none of which are offered at RPI.

Furthermore I want to be with kids of my feather: not east coast faggots obsessed with supreme, but with actual thinkers who want to do good.

If you can honestly tell me that the vast majority of CUA kids are faggots who aren't friendly I'll seriously reconsider.

Op i did something similar. Before university I applied and got places for Biochemistry whilst I was in sixth form.
After a while I grew to hate those subjects, deferred for a year and became a weeb. Reapplied for university and got a place studying Japanese and teaching instead and I'm a lot happier.

Even if you have the skills to do your best, you don't have to follow that route. Become a YD and do what you yearn to do desu

Kys faggot :^)