How would Sup Forums fix the isekai genre(s)?

How would Sup Forums fix the isekai genre(s)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_lXL3ahKRdc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's impossible

Sup Forums just makes evething worse

Prohibiting RPG mechanics, reincarnation, cheats or anything that might give the MC an unfair advantage. Also edginess.

By killing it.

It's not a genre.

There's too much shit just sweep away at once. Getting rid of game-based physics as an excuse to not build a world via exploration and discovery would be a good place to start.

By making more reverse Isekai like Captain Hans

At least make the rpg mechanic isekai resemble an rpg that people would actually play and not something that the mangaka is pulling out of his ass.

By removing the I in iseakai

Your pic it's OK since it doesn't want to become a "revolution" of the genre, the way to fix isekai is stop using fantasy and vídeo games assets and take a new perspective like reborn in the past or another planet (sci-fi esque), and in the deconstructio of the genre I will like to say a god that chose the one's how will reborn, a how he select them, the why and into the world they will appear, truck-kun chronicles too.

Remove the RPG aspects.

There. Now the author actually can't bullshit their way on how to live on in the other world.

SAO s3

If you want harem go harem all the way
Don't give MC bullshit reason not to give the girls the D
If there's a girl that meet MC criteria, don't make it too long for MC to make a move on the girl

Remove MC harems, leveling systems, have a protagonist archetype that does not begin with them being a complete and utter loner loser in their home world, and some damn variety in the worlds they're sucked into, it's always generic european fantasy, can't anyone come up with an original setting?

If you die in the game you die in real life, however people inside the game don't know this. They also have no sense of time so don't realize how long they've been in there. The PKers are literally killing people without realizing. Friends accidently kill eachother after dueling, have the characters eventually realize what's going on and then they try to live their lives inside the game for awhile until it abruptly shuts down and everyone is awake in some kind of hospital facility.

After trying to get rehabilitated they either turn to violence after realizing how many people they killed or they want to forget and get back into the game.

>How would Sup Forums fix the isekai genre(s)?
Just write a better webnovel that shows people the light.

But how to write beter webnovel?

Stop with overpowered MCs and video game settings

Where's my second season?

Easy. Get real writers to write it. Isekai is shit because the majority of Japanese writers are right-wing-aligned. Which should be mutually exlusive with being a writer in first place.

>There. Now the author actually can't bullshit their way on how to live on in the other world
The MC can still be an uber special chosen one bestowed with a million blessings by the gods Mary Sue even without literal RPG mechanics.

So literally SAO but it somehow makes even less sense.

Eveytime I see something for this show I think it's a Sakura Taisen thread.

This might help.
The only good one, familiar of zero, didn't have anything vidya related

Make MCs more powerful
Increase harems (also more female slaves)

This guy writes isekai.

I'm planning on writing an isekai story about an MC who is so manly his mere presence feminizes all other men and makes them and the females his willing sex slaves. Unfortunately, he is hard gay and into bears.

There's nothing wrong with the Isekai genre it's just oversaturated right now.

I hope characters in your story are mostly men if not it's shit

Post isekai that you liked, I will start with Drifters.

Falling in love with the villainess is a very good read.

Outside there's a box car waiting
Outside the family stew
Out by the fire breathing
Outside we wait 'til face turns blue

There is a wait so long
So long so lon
You'll never wait sooo loooong

>take a new perspective like reborn in the past
Oda Nobuna no Yabou. Everything good about it comes from the studio, source is the usual shit.

>I hope characters in your story are mostly men if not it's shit
Nah, as few men as possible, just to piss off shittasters like you

Overlord is my favorite anime

Re:zero is definitely top 5

I kind of count DanMachi as one also because of the way it bullshits in RPG mechanics

Sukasuka counts also because of the fact that the protagonist was frozen in stone for 500 years, but the ending to that story was such a pile of shit, every character you care about dies pointlessly and nothing is accomplished. I still rate it high because of how much I liked the first four episodes.

Trinity Seven also kind of counts, that show started strong and then just sunk into a pile of mediocrity though. I had to force myself to sit through the last few episodes bored out of my mind.

Oh I see, what a shame
I was thinking since he's a hard gay he want manly men and because he's so manly that he feminize men he struggle to making men more manly

You are going to need a bigger bait.

What the fuck am I reading?

>No RPG mechanics
>MC is competant but can fuck up and fail
>Actually use the isekai part of the story in some way

I fixed it.

By making it more grim and sad!

18th century war iseaki type should do the trick!

There's no bigger bait then the honesty of someone who just got into anime a month ago and their favorite genre is harem

Let's see, thisAlso make more stories like that chink novel Son Con and I don't mean just that particular fetish just increase the level of icha icha and flirting don't be satisfied with just fade to black.

Have the MC and heroes get older, grow up have their children grow up and show the story from their POV kinda like Mushoku Tensei's author did with Jobless Oblige and just increase the warm family moments in general.

Remove highschool class transportation- class tenni altogether.

Utilise the isekai setting for more war harem type of stories like Ochitekita majo no kuni. The medieval fantasy isekai setting is perfect for the so called senki. You don't always have to have the MC be some kind of genius you can make it like that guy from Kuro no Senki where he gets picked up by some noble who didn't have a son and even teaches him language.

Make the fantasy races more interesting and I mean you can keep them as standard archetypes for the most part but add something unique to them like say in Elvenblood(notisekai) where the elves can plant seeds inside human corpses and utilise their life force to grow woods at a tremendous speed which changes the environment to be more fantasy, faylike and humans not being able to survive in there turning into mindless trolls and other fantasy creatures due to consuming special substance secreted from these woods and hence them having a hard time stoping an elven invasion.

There's a lot more I have in mind like utilizing the future setting with sci-fi alien harems etc. But I'm sure narou will get to those too one day.

No videogame shit.
No menus, no retarded skill systems, no HURR I MADE TECHNOLOGY N GUNZ

Just old school dude goes to a fantasy land and goes on an adventure

There is like 90% of Isekai without RPG elements where MC still gets broken abilities and it gets boring after first chapter.

Removing RPG is a step in the right direction but what we really need is removal of all overused tropes for self-insertion.

So my list would be (in following priority order):
>Remove RPG
>Remove MC cheat abilities. He/she still may be smarter than others but it shouldn't make him stronger. Like burning all of the oxygen in closed space so enemy can't use fire spells and punch him before you suffocate would be the good kind of intelligence, inventing a nuke spell because you know how fusion works (but only basics) is wrong kind
>Remove Harem (he may fuck more than one girl but this shouldn't be written as a usual harem, Rance fucks every girl he meets but he still has no harem)
>Remove Trucks. Isekai could be good even with a truck (since the start is irrelevant) but it still shows how little fantasy the author has. A creative introduction would be much more interesting
>If battle isekai: Add some thrill, MC should be able to lose, make opponents even stronger than MC

Basically applying those things to every isekai would already make them better for sure

>didn't have anything vidya related
>elemental attributes

Make MC un-selfi-nsertable by giving him a character and actually fucks the girls

It's more simple than you think really. All you have to do is tell a story where shit actually happens. The problem with Isekai isn't the fact that it's a story about someone in our world getting sent to different worlds, that shit is older than dirt. No, the problem is quite simply these writers are more interested in creating something they can milk for as long as possible so while plot elements might get introduced early on the heroes will never really make any active steps towards them because they're bumming around getting into cliche anime hijinks in order to sell Light Novels. There's no story, no growth, nothing happens. And that's bad no matter what genre you are.

Also for fuck's sake Japan, stop defaulting to thinking fantasy automatically means RPGs and Dragon Quest. Read a real goddamn book already. Crying out loud.

>>Remove Harem

Add love triangle. Not to digress but a love triangle can be really engaging as a plot hook. But that's different from a harem as in a triangle the relationships actually matter and it's not just about a gaggle of girls who fawn over the MC for no reason than because.

Or Hataraku Maou

Mygirl > Yourgirl

Make all of them as fun as the one you posted.
It's a shame that neo-neo-neo-neeoe-eonee-eneeo-Sup Forums will shit on it just for the ridiculous premise and it being an isekai show. God damn was it great.

This is the only correct answer tbqh.
This too.
Now you're talking.
>Utilise the isekai setting for more war harem type of stories like Ochitekita majo no kuni
Hey I like that, like Madan right?

I don't remember Rayearth anymore. But I always get the feeling that I liked it a lot when I watched it a long time ago every time I remember.

Smartphone was fine in my opinion because it knows what it is and does not try to mask its bullshit.

Now Death March on the other hand is fucking moronic.

Here's a little insight into why this is an issue: you are not in the target audience. What you are — or at least, what you are supposed to be — is an ally to the Japanese otaku. Your post, however, proves that you, while you may consider yourself an otaku and an ally, are not very good at it. It is not enough to simply call yourself an otaku. It's not even enough to create an idea for an isekai plot, no matter how many people may like it decades later, though it is certainly a good start. You have to bring the Japanese to the table. You have to let them speak. You cannot speak for them. But speaking for them is exactly what you are doing through your posts. You are using your position of power to silence them. Despite the fact that you have no experience living on this planet as a Japanese in the 21st century, you are claiming to know better, and because you speak from a position of privilege, people are more likely to listen to you.

Remove RPG mechanics.
Remove Hikkis.
Limit Harem sizes to a max of 3 girls including one-episode/chapter girls.

The show from you pic has characters literally comparing their adventure to an RPG, by the way.

I'd isekai a fantasy character into the real world, where she would rise from hapless victim to challenge and defeat the evils of Earth through her modest skills, like magic, flight and assassination. She'd be super-popular, everyone would love her, and she'd achieve victory through the power of friendship ie being voted for and cruise missiles.

Any /lit/ crossboarders here? Can you describe what Korean isekai is like?

Oh, shit.
A dark elf girl (male) saving the US from Trump would sell like hot cakes.

>(male)
I like how it's Trump on one side and faggotry on the other. Murka in a nutshell.

I'd rather she saved the US from all the things that got Trump voted in as a serious candidate in the first place.

It doesn't need fixing.

>MC has a loving wife and daughter
>MC got isekai'd
>MC met a girl in the isekai world
>Time passed the girl is eventually in love with MC
>MC missed his wife and daughter back in is old world but thought he may never see them again, marries the girl and have a son together
>time passed, a natural disaster happened which transport MC and his new family back to his original world.
>Turns out time flowed differently in the Isekai world and MC was missing for a month while he lived in the Isekai world for 5 years
>MC is finally reunited with his wife and daughter but soon realized MC started a new family while he's missing and tension rised on all party
>In the end they all live together with wives compete to be top wife while the kids got along just fine

Mushoku Tensei was great. LN, especially, had a lot of good worldbuilding and little in the way of RPG mechanics. MC was strong but it was made obvious that there were bigger fish in the sea. Tried Konosuba Volume 1; finally understood what Sup Forums's always talking about when isekai RPG mechanics are mentioned. Felt less like an organic world and more like everyone was playing an MMO.

Isekai Chad de gozaru.

Baitplosion!

Remove the isekai part and make it either pure fantasy or just a video game. The isekai part becomes irrelevant after a few chapters anyways outside of some mental quip of the mc.

Toss a 20something NK defector into Japan and have him catch up with modern times.

Make the protag female, it's that simple.

Yo know what's the opposite of simple? Getting sales.

Drifters, Smartphone, Oda.
Still waiting for that S2
youtube.com/watch?v=_lXL3ahKRdc

Force authors to make non-genderbent female MCs. All the harems and RPG mechanics are just symptoms of the main issue: most isekais are self-insert power fantasies. Make them female and they won't be able to self-insert anymore.

>Force authors to make non-genderbent female MCs. All the harems and RPG mechanics are just symptoms of the main issue: most isekais are self-insert power fantasies. Make them female and they won't be able to self-insert anymore.
Because female self-inserts don't exist.
I guess those thousands of shitty copy-paste otome reincarnation isekai don't exist either.

Faraway Paladin because it has no game mechanics and has good characters with a good story. One thing that tends to drag Isekais into the dirt is harems, and Faraway Paladin doesn't even have a romantic interest for the main character four books in. All of the women around him are either old or already taken, which makes for a far more interesting read than spending 100 pages writing about how every woman on the continent wants to fuck the MC but he never actually has sex.
Is also very good.

What is Reimu doing in a Isekai?

Why not name the good example that's Nobunaga Concerto? Though MC doesn't die.

Isekai is already fixed. That's why all the MCs act as if they're castrated.

Is Yumekui Merry isekai?

Drop MC cheat abilities.
Or give them to everyone.

>Reimu

Better protagonists.

I Know What You Did in Another World

Reverse Isekai where someone from another world follows Isekai "hero" back to the real world. Bad shit happens. Think Maou-Sama if he kept being an evil fucker instead of McLoving It.

Make more isekai like Smartphone and less like Re;zero

Female self-inserts are for female authors. Most isekai authors are male. So no otaku is going to give his main female character a reverse harem.

>you have to buy isekai GOLD membership to get an isekai where the MC fucks his waifus

The Devil is a Part-Timer.

Mostly non-serious Comedy Reverse Isekai > Edgy Isekai.

Nightmares come from dream world. So Reverse Isekai?

sci-fi approach, so the reincarnator is the filthy peasant

>Isekai is shit because the majority of Japanese writers are right-wing-aligned
you just what?
saurce of this claiming

average abilities
ascendance of a bookworm

>majority of Japanese writers are right-wing-aligned.
kek

Simple:
>No RPG mechanics unless they are a) added because the MC is in a videogame or b) are used as a form of parody

>No reincarnation bullshit unless the MC is completely different in personality than he was in his previous life and all his memories are randomly appearing

>No cheat abilities or some OP bullshit like that (unless played for laughs and isn't taking itself seriously like Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki )

>MC's must be shown to struggle and endure hardships (see Meikyuu Black Company), should have common sense and learn quickly or they die (Wortenia Senki), or have the local person be the MC and deal with people with bizarro abilities instead (Chihoukishi Hans no Junan), or reverse it like Maou-Sama did with the titular Demon King going to our world to work at not!McDonalds (also they must screw up from time to time like in Mushoku Tensei with both the MC and some people...I'M LOOKING AT YOU PAUL)

>Setting must be different since there is too much fantasy already and if it HAS TO BE bloody fantasy then don't make it medieval fantasy 28947592 (see Nectar of Dharani and its industrial era fantasy or any mecha fantasy series), or do it like Unparalleled Path ~ Reincarnated as the AI for a Space Battleship ~ with the MC turning into a battleship AI in a sci-fi setting

>If the MC has to have some special power, then don't make it OP and actually have him work on mastering it and learn more new stuff to be a better MC (and have him screw up from time to time)

>Actually write an interesting and compelling story if you want to be serious

That's it.

Yeah, and after the 1st arc they cannot even look at RPG's anymore. And for good reason.

>Now Death March on the other hand is fucking moronic.

Don't forget rapid-firing Nano-Desu.