How has this blithering idiot not managed to win a championship?

How has this blithering idiot not managed to win a championship?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5hVW1JxHL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well user, when there are literally thousands of other people who want the exact same thing as you, you're gonna run into competition.

M8 he's been at it for more than 20 years, he should have improved by now.

Truly the Cleveland Brown of anime MCs.

So they can reuse the iconic character forever.
Ash is merely a produce presenter now. He doesn't even qualified as a character.

But time doesn't really pass in the pokemon universe.

He gets pretty damn far for a ten year old that does no minmaxing whatsoever, and whose strategy consists of "i have no strategy"

he's already above champion-tier
he beat a champion and almost beat a guy who was also way above the E4's level

You answered your own question, OP.

Because whenever he gets close he gets cheated out of his win

He won the most important one

because he uses a fucking pikachu

>"""winning"""
>getting an offscreen kiss and then leaving her forever

with a lightball Pikachu is GOD tier now

Only if you go substitute encore

Don't think ash does that.

Don’t be mad, fag.

They made it seem really easy to win one too.

>Didn't evolve his Pikachu into the superior Raichu

Explain this bullshit

Raichu is only good for Double Battles, and the alolan form is superior.

Maybe Ash can tackle the Showderp league and win.

I hate this faggot.q

>maybe ash can finally win a league
Don't count on it.

Buffalo bills*

And he has Thunder Shock on it.

>he should have improved by now

he does though, he get better placements in each championships and last seasons he was btfo shit left and right, including the champion's ace.

This isn't 2001 retard. Thundershock has been gone for over 15 years.

But it is easy, especially in Kalos. Alan probably just forgot to turn his Exp Share off.

>be 2036
>”This will finally be Ash’s year” says increasingly desperate porkyman fan for thirteenth time since 1999

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST

LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

TO CATCH THEM IS MY REAL TEST

TO TRAIN THEM IS MY CAUSE

The writers are controlling his actions.

Ash is adventure-tier trainer

He raised his pokemon to be useful in life over pure combat

How is the SM anime so far? XY was surprisingly watchable apart from the monster-of-the-week shit.

His Pikachu’s level resets constantly.

It's complete shit. Avoid it at all cause.

Because the writers have to cockblock him when they see him getting stronger.

They had to pull out a trainer with a Darkrai and Latios in order to stop him from winning Sinnoh.

They had to reduce his intelligence in Unova.

And lastly they had to pull out the Gary Stu that is Alan for Kalos.

It looks like he has a legendary this time, so he stands a chance now.

Are you retarded? The lion was never caught and is literally leaving next episode.

But he has a very successful Casual reign in VGCW

lol even latias got more than that

Latias only got a kiss on the cheek.

The writers will do anything to make sure he doesn't win.

Tobias should've been proof enough. He was asspulled into exsistence and then erased the moment he won, simply to assure Ash didn't win.

The faggot will need to surpass plot itself to do it.

It started weak, but its getting good (compared to pokémon of course)

The writers are not the problem. The executives of the pokemon company are that tell the writers what they can and can't do.

>Goes to a tournament with Solgaleo.
>Tobias is also there
>Full legendary team
>Tobias wins 5-6

>getting good
>current arc is so fucking bad that people wish for fillers to return

"no"

He will never win a single championship. This much is a fact and you need to keep it on your head always. No matter how many times you come back to watch this, it will all be the same again

He never fully evolves his pokemon and focuses more on befriending them than actually training them.

what does he have?

Whats bad about it

>actually goes to the last league with a team of fully evolved pokemon except for his Pikachu
>still loses
>his Pikachu gives the best performance out of all of them managing to defeat 2 pseudos and hurting the opponent's ace the most

I don't even watch the anime which is why I said looks like.

>loses when Pikachu chokes
>loses when Pikachu doesn’t choke
>loses with a fully evolved team
>loses when he doesn’t evolve his team
I’m starting to see a pattern here.

Some of us are born to be losers.

>you know remember the absolutely shitfest that it was the Kalos League Final on both Sup Forums and /vp/

I will always get a good laugh with those threads

Today I shall remind them.

>literally everything pointed to him winning
>loses

I was pretty butthurt

>tfw the only reason i'm watching pokemon this time is so that i'm invested more into it when ash loses at the league
it's like the Olympics except fun

Well, imagine how awkward things would get for the writers if he ever won anything.
Why would he still travel the world instead of settling down?

>this and Bleach ending in the same day
The amount of butthurt broke all the scales

Tobias and Alan were dropped by the E4. The moral of Pokemon is that no matter how good you are, your waifu is going to get cucked by the old men in power. Ash exists only to instill this hierarchy of beta from an early age.

>Operation Frog
Is this for real?

Lorelei is best and most beautiful girl, Clair a close second.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5hVW1JxHL4

>Alan
>dropped by the E4
>literally OHKO Malva's Mega Houndom

He constantly leaves boxed his high level monsters and starts fresh with low level unevolved ones everytime and his pikachu seems to level down after every league ends considering how sometimes he fights evenly with pseudo legendaries, yet in the next region he jobs to a rookie trainer pokemon.

That and he is easily one of the worst trainers in the setting only carried by sheer luck and many of his opponents being just as bad. Goddamit fucker, vague orders like dodge and attack aren't strategy.

Pikachu is good nowhere

>alola
>having league
user, I...

To be fair, this is a world where “Dodge it” is enough to make Pokémon sidestep Swift.

It is pretty sad how little strategy matters there. It's pretty much all about having a pokemon with more raw power or type advange than the other in most battles. That or decided by who is the one who mindlessly shouts to dodge more, because just saying dodge works almost everytime in constrast to calling an attack and pray your attack overpowers or hits before the opponent.

>tfw some people learned game theory based on thinking about what moves to make in an attempt to predict if the opponent will tag out or not

Thank you user. i needed that laugh.

>he beat a champion
You wish.

>He doesn't even qualified as a character
Tell that to all the blithering idiots who defend SM and shit on XY by using the argument of "b-but Ash actually HAS a personality there".

If he can't win by literally fusing with the meme frog through fucking magic he will absolutely never win otherwise. Shit is crazy as hell

Rate my current party:
Slugma
Aron
Solrock
Swalot
Baltoy
Kirlia

RZE? ORAS? ingame?

He's a blithering idiot, like you just said. His team is always shit.

Charizard fainted instead of Greninja in the correct timeline. We're just in the a timeline someone did a very sloppy job tampering with and only changed the last ten seconds of the Kalos league, leaving us with the absurd mess we got.

*we're just in the timeline

Ehh, the japs themselves got angry aparently

I don't get why people are so hung up on Charizard beating Greninja. Sure, the fight was a big fucking slap in the face, but everybody knows that Mega Chari X is not weak to water. And considering the Charizard was Alan's ace who he used against all those Megas, he was obviously high-leveled.

Why a lot of people expected something different? Ash losing the league is pretty much his main gimmick besides randomly getting selective amnesia and undo all his progress in the next region, made even more retarded when after several leagues, he enrolls in a fucking school

No, because he chooses to restart his team every time he gets btfo instead of destroying everyone with his top mons.

Is this legal?

Because it would mean the end of a billionaire franchise or changinf the MC. Do you faggots know how hard is changing an MC of a huge as fuck franchise? How hard not to fucking ruin everything? Shit like Inazuma Eleven and Yokai Watch fucked it up because audiences didn't like the new MC, and when they tried to back pedal it was too late. If it's not fucking broken don't try to fix it. Ash it's never ever gonna win a league.

Replacing ash could only benefit the anime. Unlike Nathan of youkai watch fame who worked well with the dynamics of his recurring youkai companions and friends, Ash pretty much has no personality besides being the embodiment of the i wanna be the champion motto, and he always drops his companions with every new season, only him and pikachu who hasn't have any personality since the first episodes of the first season not being hit by the reset button.

Except his Kalos team is probably the strongest team he has ever had.

>that chart
>SM
WHERE THE FUCK IS BEST GIRL?

>because just saying dodge works almost everytime
Eh, not really. In the anime it comes down to the pokemon's speed compared to it's opponent, or if it's trapped or not. Dodge doesn't work even almost all the time.

I feel like Pikachu is a bigger problem. There 807 different Pokemon but they still have to shill the same rat 20 years later.

Imagine having to come up with like a hundred different ways for it to win fights.

Gen1: Whatever the fuck
Gen2-3: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, Iron Tail
Gen3-4: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle
Gen5-7: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Elec Ball

But pikachu's battles are fairly simple. They always consist of using a standard electric attack, use iron tail if that doesn't work and have quick attack as an all purpose shit that does both attack and evasion at the same time. And then there were a few miscellaneous moves he get in some seasons

It hasn't been that way for a while. Nowadays, Ash uses on-the-fly bullshit strategies.

>Trick Room is a Psychic type move and X-Scissor's a Bug type move so clearly X-Scissor should break Trick Room
>It works

Wow, he still does bullshit like that? Last time I saw him bullshit were the horn as weak point and the thunder armor

tobias

It's his entire battle strategy.

>Use Flare Blitz underground to burn away Toxic Spikes
>Use Volt Tackle to literally run across a laser
>Use Iron Tail to jump across Rock Slide/Draco Meteor
>Pikachu can apparently run on electricity now

It's the the third best series in only 50 episodes and barely has any filler to speak of. Brock and Misty coming back in their most elite forms with mega evolutions was too great for words as well.

I can't believe they left her behind

What the fuck. That's not even standard fighting anymore, he's straight up shitting on the laws of the world and it works because the universe bends backwards to make it work.

To be fair, hard to have fillers when the entire season is pretty much of the slice of life format and if we go by the conventional adventure format, most of the season was filler

It kills itself with one volt tackle, its garbage. Also, fuck pikachu for making volt tackle exclusive.