Tfw every anime I watch is shit compared to 80s OVAs

>tfw every anime I watch is shit compared to 80s OVAs

Bait

>implying most 80s OVAs weren’t the trashiest garbage

Poor bait

It's time to move forward, friend. That time has long passed us by.

There are like 5 good 80s OVA though. And LotGH barely even count since most of it came out in the 90s. Expand your horizons user.

>tfw 80s ova anime are shit too
There's no winning is there? Good thing I'm watching 50s tv series instead

If you mean hentai anime, i have to agree.

It looks good but the stories are garbage b-movies. I actually dislike some older stuff because lots of great score wasn't even ripped. Since I'm an ear guy I'm able to enjoy animation from every era though and you are born just to suffer, dirty visual.

You and everyone else on Sup Forums. 80s films are the highest tier though.

>Expand your horizons user.
Only gay people and one piece fans say this, and you're one of those until proven otherwise.
Also,
>responding to bait

Watch 80s series, they are great, especially shojo, like Glass no Kamen or Hikari no densetsu.

TV series and Films from the 80s and 90s are all better bodies of work than 80s OVAs. You don't have bad taste OP, you just need to watch some more stuff.

80's>10's>90's>00's

the 80s glass mask is a fucking mess, whats wrong with you?

>watch 80's ovas
>nice animation and artstyle but story and characters 80% of the time are trash
I'd rather have something that looks less pretty but that at least has decent characters.

80s>90s>70s>10s>60s>00s

Then go read a book.

90s = 00s > 80s > shit > 10s

But books don't have drawings of pretty girls and robots

everytime

Draw some in the margins of Anna Karenina.
Problem solved.

00s were trash tier, and the visual lowpoint of the medium, nostalgiafag.

That is'nt all that common in anime in general though. The ratio in 80s OVAs are about the same as any part of the medium. Most modern stuff attempts more ambitious things with characters and plots but fails at them and become train wrecks, and also look way worse. Where 80s OVAs tend to make strong simple aesthetic power houses and keep the writing simple enough so that they don't fuck up and distract from what makes them good.

>Most modern stuff attempts more ambitious things
I wouldn't even go that far.

Well done, you just exposed yourself for being the literal newfag you are. 00s were the peak of variety and expressive aesthetics, try watch more anime some time.

>newfag
You're fitting in well. Sorry, I'm not impressed by tepid digital palettes and non-existent animation.
Lots of well written shows, some with nice designs even, but they were hindered by the production methods of the times.
these are facts.

Even things like Princess Tutu and Texhnolyze which are easily among the best anime ever made suffer from the poor CGI and low resolutions.

80's>90's>00's>10's

>80's
>awesome shit, explosions, mecha, MANLY GAR ACTION mostly stellar animation, TOP TIER story crafting
>90's
>lots of diversity trying to capitalize off 80's successes, some succeed. Some good writing, some shitty writing.
>00's
>korean outsourcing, moeblobs, no story depth, no character depth. Cute girls doing cute things.
>10's
High schooler finds himself in another world.

>newfags always mention ovas when 80's series are superior
Stop being lazy. Watching Gunbuster and Patlabor doesn't give you a right to shit on modern anime.

Urusei Yatsura is literally the pinnacle of anime.
Possibly even animation and television in general.

Want me to explain why?
Because the 80's and 90's were different. To get anime, you had to hope it was sent to the West... and guess what? Only good stuff got sent. So you only saw the good stuff, not the god damn terrible shit stuff. Outside of the imported stuff you had the option of East side Americans or Hawaiians or Guam people using massive dishes to steal Japans anime and selling it to you at garage sales or whatever.

Now? Now you can see anime 24/7 on dozens of streaming sites, there's even more torrent sites for anime, there's dozens of translator groups, even fucking STEAM has anime. So you can watch what you want, when you want. You can read reviews, see clips and discuss with thousands of people. Thus everything is 'shit'. If you work for 6 months to buy a product, you feel more satisfaction and attachment to the product you bought because it was difficult to attain. Like 80's and 90's anime, which was difficult and niche. Now? Now you get it all for free, downloading dozens of shows at a go and as such you'll easily dismiss anime as 'shit' because, well, you've got 11 more downloaded and a dozen more downloaded so who cares.

Nothing has changed. 80's and 90's had shit tier stuff and so is the same now. All that's changed is you and your nostalgia goggles.

>Urusei Yatsura
Probably why it's still ridiculously, unbelievably popular after all these years. I think Lum is still ranking in top 10 polls.

>poor resolutions and animation having anything to do with artstyle and character design

And the colour palletes did have variety. For as many Texhnolyzes and Gungraves, you have Hare+Guus and Galaxy Angel’s. And shit even Texhnolyze, Gungrave and Princess TuTu have beautiful use of colour when it matters. And lets not forget the latter half of the 00s which were colourful and varied as fuck. TTGL, Casshern Sins, Mononoke, K-On, etc.

Best decade for art by far, only negative was it wasn’t cel animated.

>You can read reviews, see clips and discuss with thousands of people.
Except way back it was a conversation starter and a way to meet people, and now it's a means of isolation and you only get to interact with text on the internet.

>Thus everything is 'shit'.
It's shit because of MAI WAIFU otaku ruining the industry.
>good story vs Cute girls doing cute things
moe shit gets aired for the sweaty meatslappers
>good animation vs Cute girls doing cute things
MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU
>good direction vs Cute girls doing cute things
MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU MAI WAIFU Cute girls doing cute things Cute girls doing cute things Cute girls doing cute things

You killed anime.

Except I never watched moeshit.

Except most of those shows that weren't available have been released online now, and people are watching obscure 20th century stuff that never got brought over while it was airing. The real difference is hand-drawn vs digital, and digital sucks ass in compariosn (though ti's much better now than 15 years ago).

Writing in anime has been hit or miss since the 60s, so anyone who says shit about how writing was better or worse in any decade is fucking ignorant.

I know this isn't rec. And I'm not requesting things right now. But what do you think are some good 80s ovas that have characters worth shit?

>20s
>Chinese and Korean original stuff surpasses that of japan
With all the outsourcing going on. You can tell they're going to catch up.

Sorry we're not all 15 year old girls. Find me something an adult nearly a decade older than you would like. A male adult at that.

Digital paint looked terrible in the early 2000s man. Even if the palettes were varied, the monotone surfaces are terrible. I do like a lot of designs from that era though, so I'll give you that. Though I prefer the more realistic aesthetics of 80s and early 90s stuff personally.

They should fags that use "moeshit" on sight. They are always obvious newfags who have watched 3 popular ovas and think they know shit.

>Shitting on UY
>Asking for recs
Fuck off

Dallos

>shitting on UY
As I said. I'm not shitting on it. It's perfect for those five-teen year-old girls.
>asking for recs
Except I'm doing the opposite

>same director as UY
No thanks. UY has some dreadful directing.

(You) are gay.

This is now a Lum thread.

>mfw watching VOTOMS
The plot armor is so fucking thick it could withstand the Sun going supernova but it's sooooooo fun.

Because the main character has tits? Do they even show those beyond episode 1? Read >

>Sorry we're not all 15 year old girls. Find me something an adult nearly a decade older than you would like. A male adult at that.
I'm a 40y old white male and I enjoyed the shit out of UY.

>40 years old
>still watches anime
Christ. How embarrassing.

1900 and 1910 anime were dope

That's the stuff

well, what else am I supposed to watch?

Votoms is a fucking wild ride, especially after retards here told me it was realistic grunt warfare.

Death Note on netflix

Pathetic, I'm watching the 1820's OVA's. Nothing compares to those nowadays.

12,000 years later.

Who finally mated with Noriko?

Why is Diebuster so shitty

Seriously it feels like Chirico is God on Earth or something.

>not 40th millennium BCE cave paintings
You're such a basic bitch.

Me

>anything below −273,15°C
Trash writing indeed.

It's stupid but it kinda depict warfare in a rather realistic way somehow. That's why I like it.
I just swallowed some 10 eps today and I'm not about to stop.

Its just an uncertainty error guys, calm down.

Because every 15yo girl wants to fuck Lum, right?

>Find me something an adult nearly a decade older than you would like. A male adult at that.
Urusei Yatsura

>mfw I ONLY watch 80s OVAs because I'm not a dumb faggot who falls for the completionism meme from peer pressure and misplaced Sup Forumslitism

I fucking loved The Guyver: Bio-booster Armor. My first real anime, and my eternal favorite.

It really isn't. It's a solid 8/10. Unfortunately, it's the sequel to one of the biggest watershed moments in anime history.

no, however, the fact that modern anime sucks ass DOES give you the right to shit on it.

I meant more amongst the lines of still using >reaction image while being that age.

You're joking but 50s tv shows have that certain a e s t h e t i c you don't find these days anymore.

read >

>8/10
Yeah nice rating system. Diebuster is fucking smack bang in the middle. 5/10. It's mediocre, mildly entertaining piffle that rides the coattails of its better animated, better written predecessor.

You don't watch 80s movies or 90s OVAs?

You should check Urusei Yatsura

of course I do, they're the same thing, really

seem like you have your own issues though

Nice review, buzzword-kun. You should make an MAL account.

Your record is broken.

You should watch Urusei Yatsura user

Almost all of my favorite films are from the 60s and 70s, all kidding aside. I love the Chinese influenced art and dramatic tone to the films of that era.

We should all watch Urusei Yatsura.
Make a stream, faggot

No seriously. Get this. Not everyone is a five-teen year-old girl. Get over it already.

That wasn't a review. That was just my opinion. There wasn't a single real argument in there. There's no need to get so defensive about your shitty taste.

I've not seen either. Go ahead, set up that stream, fagboys.

Lum is firm.

How does one stream anyway?

Deberías ver Urusei Yatsura

>five-teen
What shithole country did you learn English in?

four-teen

It's not that bad. The characters were good and the visuals were stunning, not to mention that beautiful OST from Tanaka. The things that makes it "bad" it's his rushed story, and although I still tear up a bit when I see it, the ending only works because Gunbuster. Still, it's a fun ride and enjoyable whether you liked Gunbuster or not. 8/10.

>Missing on watching good anime to prove some neckbeards wrong
Sasuga

My nigga.