Is this the greatest manga of all time?

How can One Piece even compete?
ONE is a better writer than Oda
Murata is a better artist than Oda

>need 2 to beat based Oda
Haha.

a win is a win

Murata can write at the rhythm he wants, he simply has more time and less stress than a weekly publication

He did 143 pages in 24 days. That's 42 pages per week. Let's not pretend that Oda doesn't take break regularly either.

>write
u mean draw

But Oda has been at it for way longer than Murata, and Oda still has to come up with the story and characters while Murata follows One's webcomic

Most of the fight scenes in the latest chapter was written by Murata(well actually his stream chat suggested it)

How many years has OPM been running?
Isnt it a lot less than One Piece?

You really think fight scenes are that hard to come up with?

Nooo it's not true delete this one piece is the best manga of all time

Yes, it's harder than what ONE do which is just tell Murata who fights who and who wins. Murata has to come up with the whole fight scene by himself.

Considering most of One Piece fights are shit, I guess it is.

OPM fights are just punch really hard.
There's countless abilities people have in One Piece.
Even though the MC mainly still just punches really hard.

>There's countless abilities people have in One Piece.
This doesn't make the fights less shit.

That's the only thing he has to worry about: drawing. That's the only thing he does: draw. He does not need to think about script and he has time to think about what he's going to do before he does it. And after he does, he rests.

Oda has weekly chapters for thinking and drawing. Oda has the anime. Oda now has the OP magazine. Oda has the OP products. Oda has the movies. And he just started to rest now, after almost 20 years of uninterrupted work.

Murata is a great artist. Oda is a beast.

he thinks of the fight action sequence fag

This is a good thread

Who cares why can't we all just get along

>get along
>being this new

shitter time to go to bed

Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

But that's the point: he has time and already has a base created by ONE. Oda has only one week to create everything from zero. And the next week he need to do it all over again and again and again...

Post YFW King inevitably gets all the credit for taking out Elder Centipede.

didn't oda said he already have all the story done so if anything happens to him there is that? And also no murata doesn't have time because he have to spew quality drawing waiting for One to give him the drafts but still pleasuring the fans ( so not too much time inbetween the two chapters)

>Oda has the anime. Oda now has the OP magazine. Oda has the OP products. Oda has the movies
I don't want to diminish the work Oda does put into helping with all these other ventures, but those are largely written by other people and he's mined for creative input and fact checking. It's not like he's writing each movie script or each game or anime episode.

I also think it's worth noting that when comparing mangaka, the final product is all that matters to the discussion. If people think that OPM is a better manga, than it doesn't matter if it's two busy people vs One very busy guy.
personally I've been falling off of One Piece for a couple arcs now because I think Oda is trying new things with how he structures the story, but he can't really handle large ensemble casts that well

>OPM fights are just punch really hard.
do you even read OPM?

Oda doesnt have the chapter to chapter story. He has a rough understanding of whats going on, who are tho bad guys, where he wants the story to go and probably by now some things like the crews power level evolutions and bad guys levels. But has to think about every chapter like a madman while discussing it with his editor. A tough job. But he's got to be in love with the story to be at it for so long. Also money. But oda is a genius non the less. Murata made a really great chapter this week

One's writing in OPM isn't better than Oda's. OPM lost steam almost immediately after it started, and it's been dragging like crazy. Garou's mentality is fucking embarrassing, it's like the second or third time they try to expand upon it and it always reads like One is struggling to come up with something on the spot.
If Oda had written a character like Garou he would have made him more fun or weird, and wrapped his story up in a timely fashion. This skirmish he's had with the heroes could have been dealt with in two pages, but instead we've had to go through 59 fake conclusions.
Maybe there are deeper machinations that forced One or Murata to pad the manga like this, but it doesn't come out as "well written".

>it's a "hey, let's compare two vastly different series because the other is more popular" episode
Why can't you just enjoy both, or neither, or only one of them, without needlessly comparing them?
Why do you fucking faggots think that if one series is good, every other series is shit?
And before you go on an autistic rant, this goes beyond me liking or disliking One Piece or One Punch Man.

>all these niggas saying oda is a better writer and a better artist cause he delivers on a weekly basis

that's not a testament to the manga's quality, but the author's

Every story ever could have been dealt with in two pages, most could have been dealt with in one.

A moderate view isn't what people post on Sup Forums for.

>this whole chapter
Man, I fucking love this manga. It's got so much love put into it.

One Piece and One Punch Man have the same issue. The story arcs (especially post timeskip One Piece) feel like they drag on forever. However, reading the finished arcs in one go is always exciting. That week long (or more) wait between events really does drag the experience down.

>being this retarded
Wow.

>140+ page chapter
absolutely based

>no backgrounds
>digital shit
>only focused on drawing what ONE laid out

The part that takes the longest while creating manga is the name. And of the whole week the majority of the time will be spent to create the perfect storyboard, basically only in the last few days will they use the ink and draw everything out properly. They say the name is the soul of a manga.
So due to one punch man already being written, the process of writing a name is something murata probably doesnt have to bother with for such a long time, so he can spent all that extra time on perfecting the execution ad visualization.

Except Oda is forced to take those breaks because he's a workaholic and smokes like a chimney. A few yers ago he almost died because he worked too much and his body is already old.

> It's not like he's writing each movie script or each game or anime episode.
But that means more stress for the author. He needs to analyze and pay attention. Kubo said that when the Bleach anime began it was when his health began to deteriorate. Same with Horikoshi.

>One Piece fans and One Punch Man fans are fighting

Why can't we just be allies against real shit shonen?

I have no idea how anyone could possibly voluntarily work the schedule of a mangaka. I understand it’s your passion, but sacrificing all of your free time and your life is so intimidating. Are there any mangaka that are famous that work a decent like...8-5 schedule?

Togashi and Miura work even less than that.
;_;

He also frequently misses his deadline and has a "whatever is convenient" schedule while Oda has been working on the same manga weekly for 20 years

Garou's mentality is what adds to the poetry at the end of his arc. He's meant to parallel Saitama's journey to power and is following the same misguided principles on his way up. The closest One Piece has is Blackbeard who not only is going to take decades to wrap up his story but has lost all steam whatsoever even though he's the main antagonist of the series.

>even though he's the main antagonist of the series.
He's not really the main antagonist, One piece in general lacks a single overarching antagonistic force. Even the lawbringers are divided into the Marines (led now by Akainu) and the World Government (led by those old men in suits).

>antagonist
I mean, not really.
Blackbeard doesn't really oppose Luffy, they even share the same ideals. Blackbeard hasn't really given a shit about Luffy after the Straw Hats escaped on the Knock Up Stream in Jaya and after he captured Ace.

When's the next chapter?

Hearing that MP100 doesn't have a chapter until Dec. 22, so ONE should be giving Murata storyboards?

>ONE is a better writer than Oda
Nice bait

completely diferent mangas so there is really no comparation

What? He's in direct opposition of Luffy by wanting One Piece and to become the King of the Pirates the literal foundation of the series. And thus far is the longest established villain now that Doflamingo is gone.

not sure, but easily best art, among with boichi and asano

>One Piece fans getting this defensive...

>OPMfags being retarded and doesn't even realize there is no One Piece fan here

>any mangaka that are famous that work a decent like...8-5 schedule?
Togashi works a 5-8 week a year schedule. Their work schedule all depends on if they got fucked in contract negotiations or not.

>there is no One Piece fan here
>I'll just claim things that I have no way of proving and call others retards even though I'm the one.
inb4: "What I actually meant..."

One joke man chapter in a nutshell
>oh no monster appears
>heroes fights it
>heroes loses badly
>one punch
>repeat

haha so funny and creative

OPM has better art than OP, but also uses far larger panels, and often uses spreads.
It's similar to Bleach and DB in that regard, but Murata doesn't have a page limit per chapter.

I fucking love One Piece, but goddamn this chapter was great.

Given how different the series are, I don't see anything wrong with liking both of them.

That said, I'd love to see Murata draw a one-off One Piece chapter. He'd make Luffy punch real good.

>oh no a shitposter arrives
>newfags fall for it
>thread is ruined badly
>ban hammer
>repeat

haha so funny and creative

Pretty sure that web-mangaka work on their own pace. At least the ones working for Shueisha have often a irregular schedule.

It also depends on if you're having a weekly or monthly manga, and on the ammount of assistants you have.
I think people severly overestimate on how long most mangaka work, and creative industries are almost always terrible work places.

143 pages of filler
people think it's good

No

Hey guise just wondering if perhaps maybe someone else noticed that certain characters in this mongo was particularly well drawn.

>greatest manga of all time
>forever stuck in shitty Garou namek

It's not Namek, it's Garoufest. Celebrate him and his godly abs you piece of shit.

implying King didn't just kill elder centipede before Saitama could notice and was sent reeling to the ground due to the force of his own attack

OPM is just inferior conterfeit copy of Absolute Choice

Is the IRC still trying to pit fanbases against each other to ruin the threads for both or is this just lone wolf shitposting?

>One Punch fags are this desperate now after their fav manga dipped so immensly in quality
TOPKEKE

>posting Murata's OPM instead of ONE's OPM

did this fag really compare a fad and meme manga like Onefagman to the biggest juggernaut and most successful manga of all time? Am I being punk'd?

>Is the IRC still trying to pit fanbases against each other
Is that an actual thing?

>people think it's good
I don't. But I guess it's better than another 10 month of endless fights.

To be fair, nearly everyone is a better artist than Oda

One Meme Man is post-modernist soulless garbage that isn't as clever as it thinks it is, most of its content and ideas are already present in classic shonen, it has neither story nor themes nor message to convey and just keeps repeating the same joke over, and over, and over, and over, only low IQ individuals can genuinely get enjoyment out of this.

to be fair OPM fans are also Rick and Morty fans.

You're mixing up OPM with HxH now

>One Piece is the flagship series in the most popular shonen magazine
>Average ranking in 2017 is less than 2
>Top selling series every year for a decade
>Has a Guiness world record
>Got homages from insanely popular manga for its 20th anniversary
>Other shitty series aspire to achieve at least a tenth of what One Piece has
>Insecure Inferior series fags feel the need to compare their excuse of a series to One Piece
>Based Oda doesn't even acknowledge competition because he knows he has no real competition
One Piece is out of your league faggot. OPM simply can't stand up to such an insanely successful series.

the posts here are literally 99% OPMfags. Their series is dead so they want some attention by falseflagging.

>How can One Piece even compete?
By being better in practically everything?
>ONE is a better writer than Oda
hahahaha
>Murata is a better artist than Oda
sad to see someone not knowing that art is subjective

>write a simple fucking story
>pretentious fags making it out to be something special
ONE has won in getting these cancerous shits to his side.

Oda uses an entire studio of assistants and they still keep going on constant breaks

Does One Piece still waste time with flashbacks of side characters? That's the reason I dropped it at Flamingo arc.

are opmeme fags more retarded than hxhspics?

The OPM's art definitely looks better. Oda's art looks really cluttered and messy at times, especially when there's a lot of detail or a lot of things going on.

How is One Piece even your standard for a great manga, let alone greatest?

One Pieces strength is it's detailed world building. I'll take Odas sometimes cluttered pages of Togashis scribbles any day but Muratas pages are beautiful

Does anyone have the maze from the inside of Borris' ship?

I agree that Oda's art has gotten too messy at times but to be fair, that's a really shitty scan. That page looks great in the actual manga.

Murata fucking animates the fights in manga like a flipbook and that's pretty fucking impressive. Is there another mangaka that does shit like this? I feel like Murata's obsession to detail in fight scenes is second to none.

>Murata fucking animates the fights in manga like a flipbook and that's pretty fucking impressive. Is there another mangaka that does shit like this?
With time, space and freedom any mangaka would do that too.

if people can respect and get
along with each other then paradise wouldn't be impossible.

Can't ruin something that's alredy broken, just create more mess.

>Sales means it's the best written/illustrated/paced
This argument has, and always will be, retarded.

Some are better at drawing high-fidelity pictures than him. But I don't think many manga creators are better "artists" than him. When he gets the chance to actually experiment with different styles in color pages in whatnot it's great. Most manga artists never go out of their comfort zone.

>Implying One Piece is good in any way after the timeskip arc in first place
OP was weird enough before but after that when you start reading recent chapters it looks like it was written someone high on drugs

>But I don't think many manga creators are better "artists" than him.
What does this mean though? What are you're criteria for "better artist"

>Most manga artists never go out of their comfort zone.
Maybe you should look at other artists full bodies of work just like you do with Oda and his color spreads.

>Murata has to come up with the whole fight scene by himself.
That's wrong though. Have you seen ONE's storyboards? He writes a lot more than even I thought he did. The storyboard looks only a little less detailed than a chapter of MP100.

If you asked me for a short answer, I guess I'd say that a "good artist" is someone who can surprise you. Visual creativity. Like the difference between "good art" and "good graphics" in a video game.

I'd also say that Oda's insistence on not leaving all of the backgrounds to the assistants shows in his results and the feel of the manga in general.